• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Thread!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darboh has not earned a roster spot over either Kearse or McEvoy sorry.
That's not for you to determine though. By your logic, I guess Malik McDowell is getting cut too then?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not for you to determine though. By your logic, I guess Malik McDowell is getting cut too then?

By who's logic? that's total crap right there JMR McDowell has not played a snap Darboh has been out on the field with the first AND second stringers. Darboh has played and showed nothing McDowell has NOT played because of injury so he couldn't show anything two VERY different things.

If Darboh makes the team it will be over McEvoy and thats a bad move in my eyes.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He hasn't earned a roster spot" -- that logic. If Darboh hasn't, then neither has McDowell!

It's about a lot more than that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"He hasn't earned a roster spot" -- that logic. If Darboh hasn't, then neither has McDowell!

It's about a lot more than that.

That logic is sound, Darboh has had a shot to EARN a spot and has PLAYED this preseason McDowell has not even had a chance yet. McDowell is Injured and most likely gets put on the IR or PUP list not taking up a Roster spot.

also the DT depth is not as deep as the WR position. Seahawks got 6 to 7 WR that can easily play at a NFL Level imho.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That logic is sound, Darboh has had a shot to EARN a spot and has PLAYED this preseason McDowell has not even had a chance yet. McDowell is Injured and most likely gets put on the IR or PUP list not taking up a Roster spot.

also the DT depth is not as deep as the WR position. Seahawks got 6 to 7 WR that can easily play at a NFL Level imho.
If McDowell was a UDFA instead of a 1st round pick they would just cut him and not even worry about IR. But they have too much invested to just move on like that. There is a tipping point somewhere, but I think if they liked Darboh enough to draft him in the 3rd round (and how many 3rd round picks they had is irrelevant) then they aren't giving up on him after 3 pre-season games. It would be an unprecedented move by this FO after being here for 8 years.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and how many 3rd round picks they had is irrelevant.

right so if a team had 7 3rd rounders ( a normal draft of 7 rounds ) then they all are a lock to make the team? LMAO! you logic is flawed. The amount of picks DOES make a difference as you know not every pick pans out. He was the last 3rd round pick and a comp pick, i loved the pick of Darboh but he has been INVISIBLE out there and has played a lot. 3 games 0 catches 2 drops.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right so if a team had 7 3rd rounders ( a normal draft of 7 rounds ) then they all are a lock to make the team? LMAO! you logic is flawed. The amount of picks DOES make a difference as you know not every pick pans out. He was the last 3rd round pick and a comp pick, i loved the pick of Darboh but he has been INVISIBLE out there and has played a lot. 3 games 0 catches 2 drops.
Sure, if somehow the Hawks ended up with 30 picks in the round then yeah for sure some won't make the team. But how ridiculous do we need to make the anecdotal scenario?

But having 4 picks in the round is not nearly the same as 30, and for sure there is enough room on the roster for them all to be kept. You just seem to be set on some arbitrary notion that 1 of the 4 3rd rounders just has to go if for no other reason than because there at 4 of them. What's the magic number of how many from the same round can be kept? 3?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, if somehow the Hawks ended up with 30 picks in the round then yeah for sure some won't make the team. But how ridiculous do we need to make the anecdotal scenario?

But having 4 picks in the round is not nearly the same as 30, and for sure there is enough room on the roster for them all to be kept. You just seem to be set on some arbitrary notion that 1 of the 4 3rd rounders just has to go if for no other reason than because there at 4 of them. What's the magic number of how many from the same round can be kept? 3?

wtf i said 7 not 30 LMAO. The Hawks had 4 picks in a 7 round draft for 3rd rounders. By the averages there will be 1 or 2 that don't make the team. Now if you got a 7th rounder making the team ( Carson ) that means there is most likely a lower rounder that will NOT make the team.

You keep going to extremes first it's McDowell the Hawks #1 pick wont make it by my logic now it's 30 3 round picks when i was talking about in a 7 round draft. lol Almost 40% of the Hawks draft picks came from the 3rd round.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they try to put darboh on the PS would another team steal him?

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Darboh likely wont be cut, there was too much talent out of college. That said, zero preseason catches is disheartening so far, but it's preseason. The coaches may have him working on things that are not optimal for getting a warranted throw his way. Rookie WRs always take some time to adapt to a system and the NFL game speed so it's ZERO surprise that veteran WRs are looking better than him.

Darboh is also probably the best blocker of the bunch, and that's huge for Seattle's style of play. Of course that doesn't get highlighted on plays. Darboh was also dealing with a bit of an injury mid August (sternum) so that can factor into plays.

Point being, he wont be cut. Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse, Williams, Darboh will be the final 6.

As for Kearse, it'd be ABSOLUTELY STUPID to cut him now. Kearse knows this is his prove it season (because if he doesn't he'll be cut and not get a ton of attention from teams) so he has to 100% try his hardest if he wants to survive in the NFL. Kearse has talent and has shown some big plays in the past so a team would be absolutely full on retard to cut a person in that situation. Would NEVER happen.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wtf i said 7 not 30 LMAO. The Hawks had 4 picks in a 7 round draft for 3rd rounders. By the averages there will be 1 or 2 that don't make the team. Now if you got a 7th rounder making the team ( Carson ) that means there is most likely a lower rounder that will NOT make the team.

You keep going to extremes first it's McDowell the Hawks #1 pick wont make it by my logic now it's 30 3 round picks when i was talking about in a 7 round draft. lol Almost 40% of the Hawks draft picks came from the 3rd round.
The whole point was that there are other players who haven't "earned" a spot on the team solely by pre-season play but that's not the only consideration. How much the team has invested in a player does indeed matter.

I don't think a team has ever had 7 picks in 1 round, so as far as that goes it's an extreme example just like 30. There is clearly a reasonable limit to how many rookies make the team each year. It's certainly less than 30, but it's also just as sure over 4. I would bet this team has had an average of around 10 rookies make the team a year because of how well they have done with UDFAs. And Carson making the team has absolutely zero impact on Darboh. It's Alex Collins who is probably going to feel that one.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole point was that there are other players who haven't "earned" a spot on the team solely by pre-season play but that's not the only consideration. How much the team has invested in a player does indeed matter.

I don't think a team has ever had 7 picks in 1 round, so as far as that goes it's an extreme example just like 30. There is clearly a reasonable limit to how many rookies make the team each year. It's certainly less than 30, but it's also just as sure over 4. I would bet this team has had an average of around 10 rookies make the team a year because of how well they have done with UDFAs. And Carson making the team has absolutely zero impact on Darboh. It's Alex Collins who is probably going to feel that one.

i have been following football since 1976 and i couldn't even count the number of 3rd round picks that have been cut in the NFL. You act as if they are untouchable like a 1st rounder ( which are not untouchable also ). Darboh was one of my Fav picks in the draft but lets not IGNORE what we have seen. Poor Special teams play, Poor WR play with the 1st, 2nd and the rest string offenses he has played in and he is not a returner. The game looks to fast for him and it hasn't slowed down yet. He has put ZERO ability on tape this preseason and looks like a Project. Best place for him is the PS and you do not cut a player who is better NOW and can help your team win NOW for someone who MIGHT improve, that's like playing the lotto. No Draft pick is a lock to become special just ask one of the biggest failed locks in Seahawks History Aaron Curry.

I can tell you have abro-crush on Darboh, i did too when they drafted him but i also have my own eyes and a sound brain to see his short commings. He needs time. A year maybe two but do you keep him over someone who helps NOW is a better player NOW? you can't do that or you could end up with a 2-14 team full of "should be better but are not" players.

Again also 4 picks ( normal team has 7 to start with) so in a normal draft a team has 7 total picks to start with and the Hawks spent 4 or almost 60% on 3rd round selections. Now the Hawks had some more picks adding up to 11 but the does NOT remove the fact that they spent a TON of draft stock on a boatload of 3rd round picks. Not all of them will make the team.

3rd CB Griffin
3rd S Hill
3rd DT Jones
3rd WR Darboh

by your logic every single one of these guys makes the team. By my logic one of them doesn't make the top 53 and ends up on the PS and possibly 2.

If the Hawks keep 7WR then Darboh makes it and they might just do that then try and slip him onto the PS after teams have set their Rosters.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have been following football since 1976 and i couldn't even count the number of 3rd round picks that have been cut in the NFL. You act as if they are untouchable like a 1st rounder ( which are not untouchable also ). Darboh was one of my Fav picks in the draft but lets not IGNORE what we have seen. Poor Special teams play, Poor WR play with the 1st, 2nd and the rest string offenses he has played in and he is not a returner. The game looks to fast for him and it hasn't slowed down yet. He has put ZERO ability on tape this preseason and looks like a Project. Best place for him is the PS and you do not cut a player who is better NOW and can help your team win NOW for someone who MIGHT improve, that's like playing the lotto. No Draft pick is a lock to become special just ask one of the biggest failed locks in Seahawks History Aaron Curry.

I can tell you have abro-crush on Darboh, i did too when they drafted him but i also have my own eyes and a sound brain to see his short commings. He needs time. A year maybe two but do you keep him over someone who helps NOW is a better player NOW? you can't do that or you could end up with a 2-14 team full of "should be better but are not" players.

Again also 4 picks ( normal team has 7 to start with) so in a normal draft a team has 7 total picks to start with and the Hawks spent 4 or almost 60% on 3rd round selections. Now the Hawks had some more picks adding up to 11 but the does NOT remove the fact that they spent a TON of draft stock on a boatload of 3rd round picks. Not all of them will make the team.

3rd CB Griffin
3rd S Hill
3rd DT Jones
3rd WR Darboh

by your logic every single one of these guys makes the team. By my logic one of them doesn't make the top 53 and ends up on the PS and possibly 2.

If the Hawks keep 7WR then Darboh makes it and they might just do that then try and slip him onto the PS after teams have set their Rosters.
I'm not big on absolutes, so no I am not saying it's impossible for someone to get cut if they were drafted early. It's one of many factors and a bigger one than you seem to be willing to acknowledge. And Aaron Curry??? As bad as that guy was, he hung around and made this team three times. You only stick with a player like that due to up front investment. 6th rounders come and go without fanfare.

And no, I certainly don't have some sort of crush on Darboh. I had never even heard of the guy until we drafted him. But the team thought enough of him to spend a significant draft asset to bring him here, and I'm not sure all that is undone after 1.5 pre-season games. Has he been impressive? No, he hasn't. But he did something impressive enough in college that sold this front office enough to use a valuable draft pick on him. I think it would take something beyond strictly pre-season game performance for him not to make the team. I guess we will see.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would take something beyond strictly pre-season game performance for him not to make the team. I guess we will see.

you mean something like being out performed by other rookies. Even Moore has shown more than Darboh. The facts are he has not looked good at all this preseason and other players in his position have. McKissic a RB/WR return man has out played Darboh and he adds more versatility.

I believe the Hawks will go at least 6wr until Lockett proves he is healthy and that means they might try to grab someone that can also take part in the return game. McKissic could find a spot, or McEvoy who is a special teams player who btw is a good cover guy on both punts and kickoffs. Both these two have out played Darboh.

Pete and the coaches like versatility and both those guys have it. McKissic is a returner, RB, WR, ST player and McEvoy is a WR,TE, ST player and could be used as a emergency QB.

Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse then you got one maybe two more slots. Williams has earned a spot with his play at both WR and on ST. Now you got one slot left if they keep 6 so it would be between McEvoy, Moore or Darboh Thats not even listing McKissic. Out of those 3 who has performed better? Well that's easy McEvoy has and he is only 24 years old ( 1 year older than Darboh ) and has 2 years experience. After him a 7th round pick in Moore has shown more though not by much.

As far as i know you build the best team out of your best players and that doesn't mean they are always high picks. Pete preaches competition and if he gave Darboh a spot over someone who out performed him what type of message does that send to the rest of the roster? Not a good one thats for sure. Draft position means far less on this team than most, shocked you haven't noticed this yet with Pete as HC. The best players play!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin.

Holy hell man, did you really play the 'I have a brain to see' card?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you mean something like being out performed by other rookies. Even Moore has shown more than Darboh. The facts are he has not looked good at all this preseason and other players in his position have. McKissic a RB/WR return man has out played Darboh and he adds more versatility.

I believe the Hawks will go at least 6wr until Lockett proves he is healthy and that means they might try to grab someone that can also take part in the return game. McKissic could find a spot, or McEvoy who is a special teams player who btw is a good cover guy on both punts and kickoffs. Both these two have out played Darboh.

Pete and the coaches like versatility and both those guys have it. McKissic is a returner, RB, WR, ST player and McEvoy is a WR,TE, ST player and could be used as a emergency QB.

Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Kearse then you got one maybe two more slots. Williams has earned a spot with his play at both WR and on ST. Now you got one slot left if they keep 6 so it would be between McEvoy, Moore or Darboh Thats not even listing McKissic. Out of those 3 who has performed better? Well that's easy McEvoy has and he is only 24 years old ( 1 year older than Darboh ) and has 2 years experience. After him a 7th round pick in Moore has shown more though not by much.

As far as i know you build the best team out of your best players and that doesn't mean they are always high picks. Pete preaches competition and if he gave Darboh a spot over someone who out performed him what type of message does that send to the rest of the roster? Not a good one thats for sure. Draft position means far less on this team than most, shocked you haven't noticed this yet with Pete as HC. The best players play!
It's getting laborious. I guess we'll see how this goes. I agree they'll keep 6 WRs. I think it's much more likely that Darboh will make it than not.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Darboh has done zilch to qualify for the final 53. Yet, the coaches see things we don't see and they know things we will never know about a player.
If Darboh makes the team it will be because Pete is more aware of his attributes than what we have been allowed to witness.
Put your faith in our HC as I believe he will make the correct decision on personnel, not us.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Darboh has done zilch to qualify for the final 53. Yet, the coaches see things we don't see and they know things we will never know about a player.
If Darboh makes the team it will be because Pete is more aware of his attributes than what we have been allowed to witness.
Put your faith in our HC as I believe he will make the correct decision on personnel, not us.
They've seen him in practice every day. We haven't. Darboh has also only played in 2 of the pre-season games, including just 10 snaps in the last game and came out of game 2 with an injury on his only target. PC said he's going to play a lot more in the game tomorrow and that he's performed well in practice. Like you say, they see a lot more than we do.

rightstuff

Trump convicted on Washing Money.LOL.
Hoopla Cash
$ 13.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree about Darboh. I even watch a few repeat of UM games, and meh.

McEvoy, this guy makes play after play. I really hope McEvoy makes the team.

Baldwin
Lockett (still not sure on health), keeper for sure, but will he be Inactive for a few weeks?
Richardson
Williams
McEvoy
Kearse

Darboh/Moore ????

Many people have Darboh AND Kearse making the team, I'm not sold on BOTH.
Kearse is proven, Darboh has done nothing.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those with access (so far Brock and Clayton) who I've heard talk about it think Darboh will make it. The guy has been injured and really hasn't had much opportunity to show his talent in the pre-season games -- missed the first one entirely, got injured on his only target in the 2nd game, then played only 10 snaps in the last one. He is supposed to get a lot more action tomorrow.

Now at whose expense does Darboh make it? Tough call. McKissic has changed his number to 37, which tells me he's being lumped in with the RBs and is out of the picture as a WR. Baldwin, Lockett, and Richardson are at the top of the depth chart. I still think Kearse is on the bubble. He caught a couple passes in the last game, but what does that really change about what we know of him? He's not worth $4M a year, and he's coming off a pretty down season. Will be interesting for sure.