• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bears 2023 Preseason Thread

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...........

When healthy Jenkins might just be our best OL. But therein lies the dilemma. The man cannot stay heathy. Not sure who will step in as the interim LG, could be Carter, Leatherwood, or Borom. Regardless, this will be a real test as to the quality of depth.

Dude…Jenkins is such a mauler but always injured. Lame.
Yea, I'm hearing it is two... two strained calf muscles. Apparently acquired during off field work out. >golf clap<

Also, hearing it is "week to week" as opposed to a sure fire 6 week recovery.

But who knows. Good thing we have a couple back ups performing well in Leatherwood and Carter. Both have been decent at Guard so far, in the OFF SEASON as someone pointed out.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think fortunately for the most part these injuries are of the day-day type. Yes, it seems like we've spent just about all of the preseason hearing about this guy out, that guy missing practices, etc. But so far - knock on my head - the Bears have yet to lose a player to a season long IR. And until Jenkins was hobbled with a double calf strain (WTF?), which might sideline him for a spell, I have yet to hear about any other injured player, certainly any player of significance to the roster, who won't be available on opening day. Not making light of any hurt suffered by our boys, but it seems like this whole injury bug storyline eagerly spread by the local media is a little on the overblown side of the equation.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, Trey Lance makes sense as a backup for us. But Flus/Poles don’t seem like the types to go out and make that move.

God… I hate the idea of us being one play away from PJ Walker

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think fortunately for the most part these injuries are of the day-day type.
NFL teams are not under the same protocols to report injuries in preseason. I think most teams take advantage of that. Especially when it come to veterans.

I'm sure the players take advantage of this too. They feel some "tightness" or "soreness" and are held out.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL teams are not under the same protocols to report injuries in preseason. I think most teams take advantage of that. Especially when it come to veterans.

I'm sure the players take advantage of this too. They feel some "tightness" or "soreness" and are held out.
I hope this is the case. But damn, two linemen down and Kmet out as well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope this is the case. But damn, two linemen down and Kmet out as well.
Looks like Fields will play on Saturday, but only for a limited number of snaps, largely due to the health status of our starting OL:

As for Kmet, guess it's nothing serious:

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for Kmet, guess it's nothing serious:
Case in point. Because of NFL reporting rules, they did not have to elaborate on his injury. But it's reported that he was taken off by a cart. So your first inclination is to think it's serious. Turned out he just didn't want to walk back to the the facility.

But Bears do have more players out than any other NFL team.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case in point. Because of NFL reporting rules, they did not have to elaborate on his injury. But it's reported that he was taken off by a cart. So your first inclination is to think it's serious. Turned out he just didn't want to walk back to the the facility.

But Bears do have more players out than any other NFL team.
As he was back practicing the next day.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But it's reported that he was taken off by a cart. So your first inclination is to think it's serious. Turned out he just didn't want to walk back to the the facility.

He walked to the cart and took a seat and was driven back to their locker room facility. And that happened at the end of practice when all the other players were leaving as well.

This is what happens when you have people reporting what they see on Twitter. It get blown out of proportion and hyperbole takes over. No one ever officially reported an injury.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He walked to the cart and took a seat and was driven back to their locker room facility. And that happened at the end of practice when all the other players were leaving as well.

This is what happens when you have people reporting what they see on Twitter. It get blown out of proportion and hyperbole takes over. No one ever officially reported an injury.

Yes...But was there a guy in the crowd that shouted "This happened because you only run 3 routes" as he was driven back? That's the story I want.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks as if the WR group is set, now that Pettis has been place on IR.

By set I'm talking the top 3 in Moore, Mooney, and Claypool, followed by Scott, St. Brown, and Jones. These six might have been the ones set for the roster anyway, but there was always that question whether Pettis could supplant either Jones or St. Brown. The one remaining dark horse might be Daurice Fountain, who has been impressive in his limited time on the field. However, unless the Bears go into the season with 7 WRs on the roster, the chances are more likely he either gets cut or placed on the practice squad. But who knows, if he has another strong outing against the Bills, maybe he can slide in there.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the reason I suspect we won't see as much of Fields playing today than we would like to have seen:

If what I've been reading is correct, the Bills are going with their starters on both sides for at least a quarter. So for Fields I expect primarily more hand offs and quick passes ala what he did in game one. He'll obviously have to go deep or at least mid a few times, altho those might be when running out of the pocket. Bottom line, stay healthy. On a side note, I hope Bagent kills it again to remove any doubt as to whether he makes the final roster.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reality hitting hard in the first two drives of this Bill's game.

Bears look bad.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Thayer on the radio side was not happy the Bears yanked Fields in the redzone to start the 2nd quarter. Paraphrasing "You don't get better at football if you don't play football."

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Thayer on the radio side was not happy the Bears yanked Fields in the redzone to start the 2nd quarter. Paraphrasing "You don't get better at football if you don't play football."

Would this happen to be the reason......??

We really dont need him hurt,but I agree with Thayers assessment.......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen the game yet, it's showing today on the NFL channel replays. But this is why I was guessing Fields wouldn't play that long. I completely agree that there's no substitute for real game experience, but it would have been devastating if Fields was to lose playing time due to an injury in the friggin preseason. They threw out a patchwork OL for protection and it was just a matter of time when he was gonna get tagged. Let's take our chances in two weeks when we'll likely have as many 1st stringers out on the field as possible, then see how this all plays out.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trevis Gipson has requested a trade? Well we’re gonna have 3 sacks instead of 5 now this season.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prepare yourself for a looooong article by the Trib's Brad Biggs regarding his take on this last game, the offseason in general, as well as his projected 53 man roster:

It's thought #1 that intrigues me the most. About midway down the item, Biggs touches on the Bears focus this offseason regarding the screen pass. For many, many years the organization's handling of the screen as an integral facet of the offense has been in my eyes, borderline dismal, amongst the league's worst. When properly executed, the screen is one of the more back breaking type of plays against an opponent's defense. I've been whining for years that this team gets with the times and regularly includes this play in their arsenal. Let's hope it comes to fruition in '24 and beyond.