• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Thread!

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the 2017 season is fast approaching and this board has been more dead than i have EVER seen it since joining. Figured i would start a Camp thread and get some feedback and news about camp as it moves along.

What are you all going to be watching the most during training camp?
What positions are you the most excited to see play out? Which players are you the most excited to see on the field?

the 2017 season is only days away from starting so lets get back to being involved in some fashion seeing as you all seemed to have taken a month break from posting it's time to start stretching out your fingers and pounding away on your keyboards.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest question is the line. I am looking to see how they come together. How will the re-tread free agents rebound here in Seattle? I am very interested in the development of George Fant - and I hope he progresses into a legitimate starting LT.

If the line comes together - then I think the running game has the backs to be extremely effective - which will open the passing game even more.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL should get lots of attention and probably scrutiny. I expect some overreaction on guys like Joeckel and Fant if they don't get off to fast starts.

WR will be interesting, particularly at the bottom of the depth chart. Clayton had Sheil Kapadia on this morning, and Sheil thinks Kearse is a lock, and I'm still in disagreement on that. Not saying he WILL get cut, but I think he's on the bubble due to his '18 salary and the fact that the team can save some cap space this year by letting him go plus considering he isn't going to do much for you on ST. I think the WR locks are Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, and Darboh, with the ~2 spots after that pretty much open for competition.

CB: who wins the competition to be the early season starter until Shead can play? Shaquill Griffin will get a lot of focus to see if he can be an impact rookie or more of a long term plan. the other rookie DBs will probably get a lot of playing time together to see if they have the look & feel of the next gen LOB or if it's just a shotgun approach to find 1 or 2 guys who may stick on the roster for the long haul.

RB will get lots of coverage, but I think it's fairly academic: Lacy will be the starter, but Rawls will see plenty of action with Prosise as the 3rd down guy. Other RBs are ST contributors fighting for a spot, and Alex Collins might be in trouble.

Just looking forward to seeing a healthy RW to keep our season from being derailed week 1.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st off Nice pic Stoker. Too bad demons got him.

2nd. I;m interested in Who is opposite sherman and who comes out of the WR class

Wow, no one else seems to recognize him. He wasn't exactly the highest profile guys, I wasn't sure anybody actually remembered him.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the board come back to life even if it's only a few post. I felt like i was falling into a black hole and it was eating EVERYTHING! Need to feed my Hawk addiction and i almost passed because you all got so damn quiet! lol

Anyway myself i also am looking at the #3 RB Collins vs Carson
the #2 QB ... who will it be?!?!?!
WR has so much depth but is there any talent after the top 3 to 4? McEvoy, Lawler, Grayson, Moore , Rogers, Smith, Williams?
I also will be keeping an eye on Walsh. Being a long time Seahawk and football fan i can tell you that when a Kicker starts losing it they never get it back 90% of the time. I have NO faith in Walsh as i saw one of the best ( Norm Johnson ) go through what he is and Norm never really rebounded. Not to mention dozens through out the NFL i just named Norm because most of you might remember his downfall. Thing is Norm never got as bad as Walsh is right now.

I also am REALLY excited to see how the RCB turns out. Never trusted Shead, sorry to all those that like him. I always felt like it was only a matter of time till he was getting burned 24-7. Athlete yes but can he ever be anything more? I think Griffin has a much better mind and he is just as athletic, then Lane if he can bounce back from his down season he is one of the better cover guys. he is always in a guys back pocket and before he was hit with injuries he was always making plays on the ball. Not so much last year almost like he is gunshy.

Strongside or in the Hawks D the SAM LB. Will we get someone to play on Irvin's level before he left? I hope so.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a wee bit of a 80's historian.

The Barbarian (Sione Vailahi, as I knew him) is one of two professional athletes that I have more than just a meet and greet relationship with. When I was 20, I lived in Gastonia, NC for a few months and would travel to Charlotte on Thursdays to play basketball at a church there. He was there nearly every week, which is where I met him.

I grew up on a farm in Eastern Washington and had 4 older brothers who felt it their life's mission (it would seem) to ensure they never took it easy on their younger brothers. That first week I played there, I was matched against him (as no one else would take the challenge). I played forward and center throughout high school (despite being barely 6'0" tall), and with my experience playing against bigger players growing up - I wasn't afraid to play physically with him. That - it would turn out was a mistake for me, but man did he love it! He thought it was the greatest thing that I wasn't too intimidated to play physical with him - despite being barely half his size (and nearly none of his muscle). For the better part of 12 weeks he threw me around like I wasn't even there (nothing malicious or even purposeful - just the effects of a 170 pound man trying to play a physical post defense against a 300 pound man) - and every time a new game started - he would seek me out, as he loved playing against me so much. It wasn't until week 3 or 4 that I even found out he was a professional wrestler (I watched a little wrestling growing up, but probably couldn't recognize more than 3 or 4 without being told who they were).

I haven't seen him in over 15 years, and only really associated with him for about 12 weeks, but I remember him as being jovial and fun-loving. He was a lot of fun to be around (despite some of the more painful basketball encounters) and even showed us some of the cool things he did as a wrestle (like breaking a chair over his head). I got nostalgic a few days ago, and relived those experiences a little bit - and decided to find a picture of him for my profile pick. I had a wonderful time while living in North Carolina - and meeting Sione was one of the highlights of it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see the board come back to life even if it's only a few post. I felt like i was falling into a black hole and it was eating EVERYTHING! Need to feed my Hawk addiction and i almost passed because you all got so damn quiet! lol

WR has so much depth but is there any talent after the top 3 to 4? McEvoy, Lawler, Grayson, Moore , Rogers, Smith, Williams?
I also will be keeping an eye on Walsh. Being a long time Seahawk and football fan i can tell you that when a Kicker starts losing it they never get it back 90% of the time. I have NO faith in Walsh as i saw one of the best ( Norm Johnson ) go through what he is and Norm never really rebounded. Not to mention dozens through out the NFL i just named Norm because most of you might remember his downfall. Thing is Norm never got as bad as Walsh is right now.

I also am REALLY excited to see how the RCB turns out. Never trusted Shead, sorry to all those that like him. I always felt like it was only a matter of time till he was getting burned 24-7. Athlete yes but can he ever be anything more? I think Griffin has a much better mind and he is just as athletic, then Lane if he can bounce back from his down season he is one of the better cover guys. he is always in a guys back pocket and before he was hit with injuries he was always making plays on the ball. Not so much last year almost like he is gunshy.

Strongside or in the Hawks D the SAM LB. Will we get someone to play on Irvin's level before he left? I hope so.

Yeah, I checked in nearly every day - but with everything so quiet (and I didn't have anything interesting to post myself) it was kind've shocking.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Barbarian (Sione Vailahi, as I knew him) is one of two professional athletes that I have more than just a meet and greet relationship with. When I was 20, I lived in Gastonia, NC for a few months and would travel to Charlotte on Thursdays to play basketball at a church there. He was there nearly every week, which is where I met him.

I grew up on a farm in Eastern Washington and had 4 older brothers who felt it their life's mission (it would seem) to ensure they never took it easy on their younger brothers. That first week I played there, I was matched against him (as no one else would take the challenge). I played forward and center throughout high school (despite being barely 6'0" tall), and with my experience playing against bigger players growing up - I wasn't afraid to play physically with him. That - it would turn out was a mistake for me, but man did he love it! He thought it was the greatest thing that I wasn't too intimidated to play physical with him - despite being barely half his size (and nearly none of his muscle). For the better part of 12 weeks he threw me around like I wasn't even there (nothing malicious or even purposeful - just the effects of a 170 pound man trying to play a physical post defense against a 300 pound man) - and every time a new game started - he would seek me out, as he loved playing against me so much. It wasn't until week 3 or 4 that I even found out he was a professional wrestler (I watched a little wrestling growing up, but probably couldn't recognize more than 3 or 4 without being told who they were).

I haven't seen him in over 15 years, and only really associated with him for about 12 weeks, but I remember him as being jovial and fun-loving. He was a lot of fun to be around (despite some of the more painful basketball encounters) and even showed us some of the cool things he did as a wrestle (like breaking a chair over his head). I got nostalgic a few days ago, and relived those experiences a little bit - and decided to find a picture of him for my profile pick. I had a wonderful time while living in North Carolina - and meeting Sione was one of the highlights of it.

Fuck i was wrong about the demons part. Thought it was road warrior Hawk.

It is good to see stories such as this.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And who earns the starting job. Procise, Lacy or Rawls

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And who earns the starting job. Procise, Lacy or Rawls

Due to past Seahawk success and loving his style - I want Rawls (and hope he can stay healthy from here on out).

Looking at the skill set and the myriad ways he can be used on all downs, I want Prosise.

Looking at the contract and I think Lacy will be given every opportunity to win it.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck i was wrong about the demons part. Thought it was road warrior Hawk.

It is good to see stories such as this.

I've been wondering what the demons were - so I spent a good part of last night scouring the internet to see what it could have been - and the closest thing I could find is his son withdrawing from BYU's football program to play closer to home.....

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like different factors.

I like procise because he is a all down ND guy.

If i was a coach.... Id start a throw em down throwback like Rawls or Lacy

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been wondering what the demons were - so I spent a good part of last night scouring the internet to see what it could have been - and the closest thing I could find is his son withdrawing from BYU's football program to play closer to home.....
He clean cut.
.Comes from a amazing wrestling lineage.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He clean cut.
.Comes from a amazing wrestling lineage.

Funny thing - despite knowing him all those years ago - I never really looked into his wrestling career until just a few days ago. I knew he'd been with the WCW and WWF, but I didn't know that he'd just left those when I met him (or some of the other really cool things he was involved in throughout his career). All he said about it was that he was going to head to Europe to wrestle (this would have been 2002). I've told stories about playing basketball against him for years (in 12 weeks of playing him, I cannot remember ever being on his team) - but never thought to look up his professional life. Kind've wish I could have found a way to keep in contact, that would have been cool.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#2 QB I expect will be Boykin. I'm not a Boykin fan, but he has a year of figuring out the playbook and practicing with the guys on the roster, so I think he has a leg up

Chris Carson v. Alex Collins is an interesting one. Apparently Chris Carson was one of Carroll's favorite players in the draft. I personally like Collins, and he was a former 5th round pick, so that's an interesting battle.

I could envision a situation in which Jermaine Kearse gets cut. Kearse is coming off a really bad season. I'll root for him because he's a UW guy, but he will either be cut this year or next and Amara Darboh will likely be his replacement. Both have similar skillsets, but Darboh is a superior run blocker, younger and cheaper. I will say I do expect Kearse to stick on this year and be cut next offseason, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kearse gets cut this year if the younger guys (specifically Darboh) impress. If the Hawks keep 5 WRs I'd say it would be Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Darboh and McEvoy. I selected McEvoy because his skillset is really interesting and has versatility.

The RCB spot should be interesting, I agree with you there. Shead I think is a league average #2 CB on a good day. Lane is a good nickel CB in passing downs, but I expect in base sets the Hawks will use a sort of "big nickel" with McDougald on the field and Lane at RCB. In passing downs I wouldn't be surprised if they'd use Lane in the nickel with someone else at RCB. Lane's skill-set fits the nickel better in passing downs.

I don't expect that there will be any linebacker on this team to receive more than 25% of the snaps other than K.J. Wright and Bobby Wagner. The Hawks generally play Kam in the box and with his size and skillset he almost acts as a 3rd linebacker. I expect we're going to see more of the Hawks with 3 safeties on the field (McDougald, Chancellor, Earl) than we will with 3 linebackers on the field.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could envision a situation in which Jermaine Kearse gets cut. Kearse is coming off a really bad season. I'll root for him because he's a UW guy, but he will either be cut this year or next and Amara Darboh will likely be his replacement. Both have similar skillsets, but Darboh is a superior run blocker, younger and cheaper. I will say I do expect Kearse to stick on this year and be cut next offseason, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kearse gets cut this year if the younger guys (specifically Darboh) impress. If the Hawks keep 5 WRs I'd say it would be Baldwin, Kearse, Lockett, Darboh and McEvoy. I selected McEvoy because his skillset is really interesting and has versatility.

You don't think they'll keep Paul Richardson?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God please relieve us of kearse