• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Thread!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the team is in some sort of cap crunch, but my take on these rumors of a Kearse trade is that they plan to cut him on Saturday so they're just trying to see if they can pull a draft pick out of nothing. If it was a matter of needing to free up that $, then they would have already cut him and got the $2.2M. I also think this means they have more than 6 WRs they really like and feel are worth a roster spot, and they know they cannot get away with putting McEvoy, Kasen Williams, or Darboh on the PS.
Not in a cap crunch, but anytime you can save a couple million of cap space for a marginal player, makes sense to do it. It's why we good a new field goal kicker. Saving money on players that are highly replaceable is smart, provided you good a able body replacement.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not in a cap crunch, but anytime you can save a couple million of cap space for a marginal player, makes sense to do it. It's why we good a new field goal kicker. Saving money on players that are highly replaceable is smart, provided you good a able body replacement.
Yeah, that makes sense. Plus, I think you have to look at Kearse's salary for 2018 and know he's not playing here for that. So then you gotta figure out if he's worth keeping around for the money now, and I'm not sure what Kearse can do that McEvoy can't. The only thing you can point to with Kearse is that he's made big catches in big games, but how much longer are we going to milk that one?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Post Kearse/Richardson trade final 53 prediction:

QB (2): Wilson, Davis.

RB (6): Lacy, Carson, Rawls, Prosise, McKissic, Madden.

WR (6): Baldwin, Lockett, Richardson, Williams, McEvoy, Darboh.

TE (3): Graham, Willson, Vannett.

OL (9): Odhiambo, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Pocic, Tobin, Aboushi, Roos.

DL (9): Bennett, Avril, Clark, Richardson, Reed, Marsh, Smith, Bass, Jefferson.

LB (5): Wagner, Wright, Alexander, McDonald, Wilhoite.

CB (5): Sherman, Griffin, Coleman, Desir, Lane.

S (5): Thomas, Chancellor, Thompson, Hill, McDougald.

ST (3): Ryan, Walsh, Ott.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OL (9): Odhiambo, Joeckel, Britt, Glowinski, Ifedi, Pocic, Tobin, Aboushi, Roos.

Not sure about the backup QB, but the rest sounds about right.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure about the backup QB, but the rest sounds about right.
Yeah, I'm not sure about it either...or the bottom of many other positions. Some tough calls.

Really interested to see what happens with Lane and Rubin. I like Rubin but didn't have him on the 53 because I'm assuming he'll be cut now if not traded.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see nothing wrong with this, the Boykin/Davis part is tough to call. i know i would feel more comfortable with Davis as our Back-up but it really doesn't matter. If either one has to play a lot we are screwed anyway lol.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somehow forgot Naz Jones on the DL. He's absolutely making it.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I somehow forgot Naz Jones on the DL. He's absolutely making it.

yep at the cost of Bass or Jefferson or someone some place else, maybe 5 WR not 6? Thing is with Lockett not really 100% ( still in brace ) i can't see the team going into the season with possibly 4 1/2 WR's. Lockett still has the brace on doesn't he?

Shead takes who's spot when he is activated?

8 olineman maybe seeing as many can fill more than one roll and i am sure NONE that are cut get picked up so they go to the PS.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep at the cost of Bass or Jefferson or someone some place else, maybe 5 WR not 6? Thing is with Lockett not really 100% ( still in brace ) i can't see the team going into the season with possibly 4 1/2 WR's. Lockett still has the brace on doesn't he?

I heard Clayton say a few minutes ago that Jefferson has been cut, along with Alex Collins and David Moore. So replace Jefferson with Jones, and I will stick with the other 7 I listed on the DL. The other bigger name there not listed is Rubin. Considering they were shopping him in addition to how deep the DL is, and I think he's gone if they cannot work a trade.

Shead takes who's spot when he is activated?
Injuries probably shape that. We want to hope for max health, but that's tough to pull off. Lane is steady if not spectacular (and has a guaranteed salary), so I would bet on Desir or Coleman get cut when Shead can play.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Sheldon Richardson move, now 8 current or former Pro Bowlers on the defense alone. Only Bennett and Avril aren't under 30.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the Sheldon Richardson move, now 8 current or former Pro Bowlers on the defense alone. Only Bennett and Avril aren't under 30.

That's impressive

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow they cut Williams. That was not expected, i thought Williams did everything he had to, to make the team. I mean he was their best WR this preseason and it wasn't even close. I hope he goes on to have a stellar career with another team, He deserves it.

Good luck Kasen.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also sad to see Marsh go, he played very well for us and boy did he have a motor.

Ball out Marsh, go get you a couple more rings!

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow they cut Williams. That was not expected, i thought Williams did everything he had to, to make the team. I mean he was their best WR this preseason and it wasn't even close. I hope he goes on to have a stellar career with another team, He deserves it.

Good luck Kasen.

Yeah I was surprised by that too. Obviously the coaches see everything and I see very little, the coaches have decades of football experience, I have very little. That said, from what I saw this preseason I don't see McEvoy over Williams at all. I honestly hope he makes it to the practice squad, for insurance with Richardson and Lockett having suffered injuries in recent years. But I have to imagine it's very unlikely.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was as shocked as well that Kasen was cut, but it turns out he was waived injured.

Did anyone notice anything in the 4th game that would have got him injured? I didn't see anything, but this makes me feel a tad better that his stellar preseason wasn't all for not. At least would it would seem that way.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was surprised by that too. Obviously the coaches see everything and I see very little, the coaches have decades of football experience, I have very little. That said, from what I saw this preseason I don't see McEvoy over Williams at all. I honestly hope he makes it to the practice squad, for insurance with Richardson and Lockett having suffered injuries in recent years. But I have to imagine it's very unlikely.

If he makes it to the practice squad, again... Then it means other teams don't see him as a WR that warrants a spot on a 53 roster...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was as shocked as well that Kasen was cut, but it turns out he was waived injured.

Did anyone notice anything in the 4th game that would have got him injured? I didn't see anything, but this makes me feel a tad better that his stellar preseason wasn't all for not. At least would it would seem that way.

the waived injured was a mistake by the Hawks and was changed to just waived.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put me squarely in the shocked corner with Kasen being cut. Not sure what more you can put on tape to make a team and I'm not a big fan of what McEvoy has shown over the years in comparison.