• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2017 Training Camp/Preseason Thread!

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marsh trade came out of nowhere, but I guess they just feel really comfortable with the depth on the DL and preferred to trade him as opposed to cutting a guy like Bass or Smith? I wonder if his late hits on the QB this pre-season got him in the doghouse.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about Richard Sherman's displeasure in Darboh over Williams, they didn't keep Darboh over Williams. What really happened was they decided to hold 10 on the OL instead of 9. Trading for that Battle guy from KC effectively nudged out Williams on the numbers game.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other thought on keeping only 5 WRs vs 6: maybe the plan is to use more 12 personnel and split Graham out with Luke W or Vannett as the inline guy?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And about Richard Sherman's displeasure in Darboh over Williams, they didn't keep Darboh over Williams. What really happened was they decided to hold 10 on the OL instead of 9. Trading for that Battle guy from KC effectively nudged out Williams on the numbers game.

Yeah the fact they kept only 5 WR really hurt Williams and in my eyes was a risk. They might only have 4 healthy WR when the season starts with only 3 really able to compete at this level. I never expected the team to keep a complete full second line-up on the oline. This tells me they are still VERY UNCOMFORTABLE with their starting 5.

Sherman grew balls when the twitter verse went absolutely NUTS over the Kasen Williams cut. People screaming what happened to "always compete" and " Always compete is total Bullshit" thousands and i mean THOUSANDS of twitter posts were about that. I was actually happy to see so many people bashing Pete on this. He totally went against what he always preaches and shouldn't be off the hook. He basically told people 2+2=4 then when the test happen told them nope 2+2=5

Lets hope Darboh becomes a quality #5 WR for the Hawks but i am not holding my breath. I saw him in 3 practices and he was invisible. Kasen on the other hand was a beast out there. Winning almost every jump ball thrown his way in practice and finding the soft spot in zones. I wish him luck. I think there is more to this than we know. Bad locker room presence? maybe.

Glad they kept McEvoy because that boy just always finds a way to make big plays he did it this preseason a few times and a few times in the practices i saw. He just always seems to make the play when it needs to be made.

Last edited:

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why all this talk about Williams? He was always a fringe player.. Not like he was going to make much contributions to our team...

It's like arguing the team that should've been the 68th team in the NCAA big dance in March..

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Sherms play on the field, but damn does he have diarrhea mouth.

He's fortunate we have a lot of quality character guys on that defense.. Imagine if he talked like this on teams that didn't win much... His mouth could divide a locker room real quick...

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fortunate we have a lot of quality character guys on that defense.. Imagine if he talked like this on teams that didn't win much... His mouth could divide a locker room real quick...

Well Sherman and Bennett are doing their best to destroy the locker room that's for sure.

I am sorry but the Hawks should have NEVER gave Bennett more money, lets see if he can bounce back from his 5 sack season. I wont hold my breath, his best days are behind him. 10 sacks is his High water mark. I would be happy if he got 8 this season but i think more like 6 (his career average per season is 5.6).

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we resign richardson, bennett is probably the casualty. so cheer up.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screamin' rounding into mid-season form.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My other thought on keeping only 5 WRs vs 6: maybe the plan is to use more 12 personnel and split Graham out with Luke W or Vannett as the inline guy?

We need more Graham in the offense. If it means cutting a guy like Kasen and trading away Kearse then so be it. Graham is the big guy receiver type that should supersede Kasen, so give him the ball and it's all good.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sherman grew balls when the twitter verse went absolutely NUTS over the Kasen Williams cut. People screaming what happened to "always compete" and " Always compete is total Bullshit" thousands and i mean THOUSANDS of twitter posts were about that. I was actually happy to see so many people bashing Pete on this. He totally went against what he always preaches and shouldn't be off the hook. He basically told people 2+2=4 then when the test happen told them nope 2+2=5

Both Sherman and fans can say what they will. I trust the wisdom of Pete Carroll and John Schneider implicitly, and their judgment certainly carries more weight than blowhard fans who think they know but really don't. Pete sees these guys in every practice. Fans see them in a couple pre-season games and think they have as much info about the competition as the coach, and of course that's ridiculous. And I love Sherm as a player, but sometimes it seems he's not happy unless he has something to be unhappy about. Ironically enough, Sherm is one of the bright examples about how the "always compete" approach gives lower round picks and even UDFAs a chance to make this team at a greater rate than almost any other in the league.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both Sherman and fans can say what they will. I trust the wisdom of Pete Carroll and John Schneider implicitly, and their judgment certainly carries more weight than blowhard fans who think they know but really don't. Pete sees these guys in every practice. Fans see them in a couple pre-season games and think they have as much info about the competition as the coach, and of course that's ridiculous. And I love Sherm as a player, but sometimes it seems he's not happy unless he has something to be unhappy about. Ironically enough, Sherm is one of the bright examples about how the "always compete" approach gives lower round picks and even UDFAs a chance to make this team at a greater rate than almost any other in the league.

Implicitly? that's your choice but trusting someone implicitly is dangerous but you go on and continue to follow that's your choice. Some are born leaders others followers and are afraid of trusting their OWN opinions.

Sherm is NOT a bright example of Always compete, Not even close but Baldwin a UDFA who was said to be to slow to small to be a NFL player is. Not only has he shined bright he doesn't cry like a bitch. That's an example i want my kids to follow not a blow hard Sherman who spits in the face of authority. You are Young arn't you JMR? i would say maybe early 20's? You will understand once you grow up a little and have kids. Good luck on your maturation, i wish you well. I mean that this is no back handed jab.

implicitly- without qualification: absolutely.
"he trusted Pete implicitly"

You have to have your own opinion, if you don't you are not an individual. So maybe it would have been better to say what you really mean. "I trust Pete and John because their opinion closely matched mine." lol

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this offseason sure leaves me hopeful. Some injuries but not crippling, some really nice additions ( Richardson for one), things are looking up. Really looking forward to the Packers game and hoping our Dline can lay a licking on Rogers.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this offseason sure leaves me hopeful. Some injuries but not crippling, some really nice additions ( Richardson for one), things are looking up. Really looking forward to the Packers game and hoping our Dline can lay a licking on Rogers.

yes this upcoming season will be a exciting one there is no doubt.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are Young arn't you JMR? i would say maybe early 20's? You will understand once you grow up a little and have kids. Good luck on your maturation, i wish you well. I mean that this is no back handed jab.

You couldn't be much further from the truth, unless you'd predicted that he's an alien from another dimension.

You have to have your own opinion, if you don't you are not an individual. So maybe it would have been better to say what you really mean. "I trust Pete and John because their opinion closely matched mine." lol

OR, it could be, 'hey there's a pattern of success and behavior that I'm judging them on.'

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Implicitly? that's your choice but trusting someone implicitly is dangerous but you go on and continue to follow that's your choice. Some are born leaders others followers and are afraid of trusting their OWN opinions.

Sherm is NOT a bright example of Always compete, Not even close but Baldwin a UDFA who was said to be to slow to small to be a NFL player is. Not only has he shined bright he doesn't cry like a bitch. That's an example i want my kids to follow not a blow hard Sherman who spits in the face of authority. You are Young arn't you JMR? i would say maybe early 20's? You will understand once you grow up a little and have kids. Good luck on your maturation, i wish you well. I mean that this is no back handed jab.

Haha wow. Pretty much 180 off on everything you said there. Must have forgotten to engage that "sound brain." And I mean that as no back-handed jab.

Yes, I trust PC and JS implicitly when it comes to putting together an NFL roster because that's what they do. And they probably do it better than almost anyone else on the entire planet. Certainly better than fans or even the omniscient Richard Sherman. And speaking of Sherm, you don't think a 5th round WR to CB convert who made the team and even got the starting job as a rookie is an example of always compete?? I never said anything about him being the example for kids to follow (even though that can be argued based on what he had to overcome to get to Stanford and then the NFL) so I'm not sure where that even came from.

And ironically enough, no, PC's opinion didn't match mine on the topic of Kasen Williams. You would think we had talked about the WR position enough for you to understand who I thought should make it and who shouldn't, but maybe I was giving you too much credit as we went along.

I was in my early 20s about 25 years ago. And kids? Have 2. Pushing the elder out to college next week -- Seattle U with a national ROTC scholarship, so I would say we've done a decent job with him.

Just way, way off.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always compete is a joke now. like it or not PC and JS gave themselves a black eye on this one and lost trust in some of the players eyes.

If someone says one thing and does something different and against what the preach would you trust them?

Not me.

I.E. You do all your work you will get a promotion, Works done then they skip you and give it to the person that didn't do their work at all.