• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Team You Would NEVER EVER Root For" Thread---- NHL Edition

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to join the board and alienate a bunch of different groups right off the bat!! ;)

I hate the Washington Capitals. They break my heart all the time, but I guess it's a love/hate thing. To be honest, I don't understand how people that aren't fans of the Caps "hate" the Caps. We never win dick. We always choke. But we're entertaining as hell to watch. That's the BEST thing you could have in a "rival" team. So to all the Pens' fans who hate on us and all the Bolts' fans who hate on us (yes, all 13 of you), you should be thankful for us. Hell, the Pens have NEVER won a Cup without beating the Caps en route. You're fucking welcome... jerks. :)

According to Pens fans, we aren't really a rival anyway and they don't have any reason to hate us. Yeah, except every time anyone talks hockey around here in the media, they take a shot at Ovie.

SouthPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1.Wings- Always a heated rivalry between us (Preds) and them and we love throwing the catfish on the ice when they show up, funny stuff. (Want to see another post series between us, shit was HEATED)
2. Canucks- i think everyones covered this haha
3. Bruins- Thomas stole the Vezina from Rinne, but that's very arguable I know. I just feel like Rinne was way more of an asset especially when you look at time on ice for last year, just sayin.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams I hate:

Pissburgh - They are our in-state rivals, they are only any good now because they were sooooo bad for long enough to stack draft picks, and they have pretty much the most homer announcers on the face of the planet. Their local sports network cheats for them by withholding video replay, the majority of their fanbase probably doesn't even know who Mario Lemieux is, and while my father is from Pittsburgh and I love him with all my heart, I must seriously consider the possibility that the world would be a better place if Pittsburgh had collapsed into the earth fifty years ago. Fuck. The. Pens.

New Joisey - Scott Stevens was a prick. Kovalchuk is overrated, and Brodeur has been far too good for far too long for my comfort. When Parise scored the tying goal for the US in the Olympics with less than a minute to go, my first thought wasn't, "Yes!!!" but rather, "Man, I wish somebody else had gotten that."

Detroit - They are pretty cool guys now, but they swept us in '97, and I hold grudges.

Boston - Mostly because their anthem-singer guy needs to retire. Yes, I understand that he's a tradition and you love him. Do what we do and play a recording of him singing when he actually capable of doing so. You don't see us dragging Kate Smith's corpse out before games and holding a mic up to her mouth, do you? The only differences between her and Rene Rancourt is that he is not technically deceased, and she would win in a sing-off. Also, fuck the Bruins for sweeping us last year.

Teams I don't hate even though I probably should:

Chicago - What? I like Chelsea Dagger. It's catchy. That, and while they beat us in the finals it wasn't them playing dirty or cheap or anything that killed us. It was our goalie's inability to stop a shot fired at a 2-degree angle to the netmouth from the sideboards.

The Islanders - Why would I hate a free two points six games a year? Plus sometimes they even win against the Penguins, and that's added bonus.

The Sabres - The city of Buffalo has been shat upon by the sports gods for a long time, so it's good that they have a serious chance to win a championship. Hasek was always fun to watch, Pegula is making this team look very exciting, and the posters here on SportsHoopla are a brilliant mix of snark, hockey wit, and the bitterest optimism I have ever personally witnessed. When I read their posts it's like I can feel their thoughts: Man, this team looks really good. Miller is great, our defense is playing well, Vanek has played five whole games without breaking a rib. This isn't right! Nothing has gone wrong yet! That said, as soon as they win a cup they are going straight to the top list. Fuckers.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit - Should be obvious why and should be taken as a compliment by Wings fans
Dallas - Self explanatory
Colorado - I loathe the Avs

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Teams I hate:

Pissburgh - They are our in-state rivals, they are only any good now because they were sooooo bad for long enough to stack draft picks, and they have pretty much the most homer announcers on the face of the planet. Their local sports network cheats for them by withholding video replay, the majority of their fanbase probably doesn't even know who Mario Lemieux is, and while my father is from Pittsburgh and I love him with all my heart, I must seriously consider the possibility that the world would be a better place if Pittsburgh had collapsed into the earth fifty years ago. Fuck. The. Pens.

New Joisey - Scott Stevens was a prick. Kovalchuk is overrated, and Brodeur has been far too good for far too long for my comfort. When Parise scored the tying goal for the US in the Olympics with less than a minute to go, my first thought wasn't, "Yes!!!" but rather, "Man, I wish somebody else had gotten that."

Detroit - They are pretty cool guys now, but they swept us in '97, and I hold grudges.

Boston - Mostly because their anthem-singer guy needs to retire. Yes, I understand that he's a tradition and you love him. Do what we do and play a recording of him singing when he actually capable of doing so. You don't see us dragging Kate Smith's corpse out before games and holding a mic up to her mouth, do you? The only differences between her and Rene Rancourt is that he is not technically deceased, and she would win in a sing-off. Also, fuck the Bruins for sweeping us last year.

Teams I don't hate even though I probably should:

Chicago - What? I like Chelsea Dagger. It's catchy. That, and while they beat us in the finals it wasn't them playing dirty or cheap or anything that killed us. It was our goalie's inability to stop a shot fired at a 2-degree angle to the netmouth from the sideboards.

The Islanders - Why would I hate a free two points six games a year? Plus sometimes they even win against the Penguins, and that's added bonus.

The Sabres - The city of Buffalo has been shat upon by the sports gods for a long time, so it's good that they have a serious chance to win a championship. Hasek was always fun to watch, Pegula is making this team look very exciting, and the posters here on SportsHoopla are a brilliant mix of snark, hockey wit, and the bitterest optimism I have ever personally witnessed. When I read their posts it's like I can feel their thoughts: Man, this team looks really good. Miller is great, our defense is playing well, Vanek has played five whole games without breaking a rib. This isn't right! Nothing has gone wrong yet! That said, as soon as they win a cup they are going straight to the top list. Fuckers.

Hehehehe....this was pretty good...even if a Flyer fan DID type it...:third:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This, along with DaBolts point our bitchy Mario, are enough for anyone to hate the Pens. And theyre only two reasons.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fuck the canadians,fuck canada

You're entitled to your opinion,but if you're going to slam on the most storied NHL franchise,get their name right-it's Canadiens.

My dad was a Habs fan,and my fave player all time was Cournoyer so I wouldn't even think of slamming them.

i think you meant to say-fuck the Leafs,fuck the center of the universe.:becky:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and yes....the Sabres - Lightning games....always intense...always filled with emotion...lots of smack going back n forth....never boring...

Gooo 'Ning...:cheer2:

Always hard to tell if it's a road or home game when they play in Tampa. Sounds like more Sabres fans than Bolt's fans at times. :bolt:

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oooo, clever, YOU were the very FIRST person to come up with that....
There is no doubt now why Buffalo Bills fans are considered the very tops in inventiveness and ingenuity...

Now if you guys could only figure out how to actually WIN a Super Bowl, then all will be gravy.:yo:

I take back the warm welcome I gave you....That hurt ! :(

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hehehehe....this was pretty good...even if a Flyer fan DID type it...:third:

I'm starting a blog, gonna be called DownGoesPittsburgh. Hoping not to be sued into oblivion by either DGB (for essentially copyright infringement) and one of the twenty-three Pittsburgh fans intelligent enough to find out how the internet works for libel (though in fairness, calling the Pens a bunch of assholes is not libel because it's true).

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm starting a blog, gonna be called DownGoesPittsburgh. Hoping not to be sued into oblivion by either DGB (for essentially copyright infringement) and one of the twenty-three Pittsburgh fans intelligent enough to find out how the internet works for libel (though in fairness, calling the Pens a bunch of assholes is not libel because it's true).

You would get along good with my son. When I was down there he said "Edmonton is going to be the new Pittsburgh" I said "What do you mean" his reply "They sucked so bad for so long got the top picks and will be winners in a couple of years"

Pens fans, He said it, I didn't. :smile:

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I am a Lightning and Wild supporter...so here goes mine..

Washington Capitals---Lots of regular season SportsHoopla, no playoff success...and for some reason they are one of the media darlings still....as a complete team they are overrated ,though they do have some talent like Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom. But I can see these guys lose ALL day long and love it...

Philadelphia Flyers----Big and tough team....who apparently can't take their own medicine. Yep, they sure can push and shove, and muck n grind with the best of them, but the minute you give it back to them, it's CRY, CRY, CRY to the officials for a penalty. Yea, I'm looking at YOU Chris Pronger. But really, it's been like this as far as I can remember following the NHL...John LeClair, Eric Lindross, Ulf Samuelsson, Dan Carcillo, Scott Hartnell just to name a few others of past and present teams...they all WAAHHHHH'D.... :Cry:

Vancouver Canucks----see Flyers....talented team who is fine with the proceedings...till another team kicks them in the ass. And watching these guys fail JUST to see what the "Vancouver faithful" will burn down next? Priceless....

Detroit Red Wings---- Really, I root against them "vehemently" because they seem to win all the time, and even when they aren't so good the media STILL keeps shoving them down our throats...BOOO Detroit!! Enough already!! Only thing I am thankful for from the Wings is Steve Yzerman....our great current Lightning GM. If he can bring some that Detroit-like business model to Tampa and have OTHER teams hate us the way they hate the Wings, then that would be a GOOD thing....still wouldn't root for Detroit though..it's like rooting for the IRS to increase taxes....:lol:

Borderline teams for me :

Boston Bruins---No real problem with them...I guess it's more the Johnny-come-lately pompous fans that crawled out of the woodwork now that they won the Cup...finally.....

Montreal Canadiens----Again, more of a fan thing. Usually, I am tolerant of smarmy fans....but these guys raise "Pompous Ass" to a science....I have met cool Red Wing, Flyer, and Bruin fans.....but I have YET to meet a Canadien fan that didn't want to make me round kick them in the head..:fish:

Anaheim Ducks----Kinda the same reasons as the Flyers and Canucks....they seem to have a "whine" factor to them when things don't go their way.....then on top of that, they want to "beat everybody" up when they can't get it done on the ice. They are borderline only because they don't win consistently, I suppose, so if they are mid-level at best, then I guess they can whine all they want.....no one in the playoffs will hear them...:boink:

there was a ton of thought put into that hate

Bizzle McDizzle

all of your teams suck
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't hate anybody
Life's to short to hate
...and it's only sports, lighten up, people.

:hippie: :kiss:

but if the Sabres never win a god damned I'll be totally ok with that
:whistle: