• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Team You Would NEVER EVER Root For" Thread---- NHL Edition

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok, fans, casual onlookers, and those just wanting to look like the cool kids...

Post NHL teams/franchises that you simply CANNOT stand...and post WHY!!

Discuss, yell, scream, and/or bellow you ornery rink rats....

Last edited by a moderator:

sherbert1421

Dead Wings 2.0
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penguins and ducks. i'm a wings fan. nuf said

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK DALLAS!

FUCK THE DUCKS!

FUCK CHICAGO!

Avs (historical reasons)

Any team that has Pronger on it (historical reasons)

Penguins

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philadelphia Flyers.

Goes back to the years when the Flyers absolutely owned the Pens at the Spectrum. Not only did they beat the shit out of them on the scoreboard, they beat the shit out of them physically.

But some Flyers fans i do like...#beggingforrep...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK EVERYONE but the Canucks.

I wont cheer for any team other than mine. i like the Sabres but Im not cheering for them if my team is done. I would cheer for good hockey only and for individual players

blindbaby

i want to bang on the drum all day
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vancouver Canucks.

Don't really hate them per se, but I have too many family and friends who are Canuck fans that drive me up the wall; so no thanks.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
penguins and ducks. i'm a wings fan. nuf said

FUCK DALLAS!

Penguins

Maybe it's because the Pens ended up winning the last SCF matchup, but I don't have much hatred for the wings. And, to be honest, i kinda liked them even before their back to back SCF match-ups.

teams i could never root for: Philthy and Washington

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers - This one runs deep in the blood

There are other teams high on my dislike list (Stars, Ducks), but the Oil occupy the top spot.

Winged_Wheel88

ND 14 UM 45
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe it's because the Pens ended up winning the last SCF matchup, but I don't have much hatred for the wings. And, to be honest, i kinda liked them even before their back to back SCF match-ups.

teams i could never root for: Philthy and Washington

Yeah, notice I did put the Pens last on the list. Crosby just rubs me the wrong way. All the Pens fans on this forum are cool dudes (and dudettes) though. :thumb:

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ducks and Stars.

Anaheim is a bunch of punk bitches that cheap shot and then run away (except Parros).

Dallas is just a team full of all around douchebaggery, Ratboy, Ott, and the rest of the jerks.

I reserve my third spot for whatever team Bertuzzi is playing for, right now that happens to be the Red Wings.

higgyfan4

Bossman you'll be missed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicago and da Ducks. My hatred of any sports team out of Chicago runs deep.

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
OK, I am a Lightning and Wild supporter...so here goes mine..

Washington Capitals---Lots of regular season SportsHoopla, no playoff success...and for some reason they are one of the media darlings still....as a complete team they are overrated ,though they do have some talent like Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom. But I can see these guys lose ALL day long and love it...

Philadelphia Flyers----Big and tough team....who apparently can't take their own medicine. Yep, they sure can push and shove, and muck n grind with the best of them, but the minute you give it back to them, it's CRY, CRY, CRY to the officials for a penalty. Yea, I'm looking at YOU Chris Pronger. But really, it's been like this as far as I can remember following the NHL...John LeClair, Eric Lindross, Ulf Samuelsson, Dan Carcillo, Scott Hartnell just to name a few others of past and present teams...they all WAAHHHHH'D.... :Cry:

Vancouver Canucks----see Flyers....talented team who is fine with the proceedings...till another team kicks them in the ass. And watching these guys fail JUST to see what the "Vancouver faithful" will burn down next? Priceless....

Detroit Red Wings---- Really, I root against them "vehemently" because they seem to win all the time, and even when they aren't so good the media STILL keeps shoving them down our throats...BOOO Detroit!! Enough already!! Only thing I am thankful for from the Wings is Steve Yzerman....our great current Lightning GM. If he can bring some that Detroit-like business model to Tampa and have OTHER teams hate us the way they hate the Wings, then that would be a GOOD thing....still wouldn't root for Detroit though..it's like rooting for the IRS to increase taxes....:lol:

Borderline teams for me :

Boston Bruins---No real problem with them...I guess it's more the Johnny-come-lately pompous fans that crawled out of the woodwork now that they won the Cup...finally.....

Montreal Canadiens----Again, more of a fan thing. Usually, I am tolerant of smarmy fans....but these guys raise "Pompous Ass" to a science....I have met cool Red Wing, Flyer, and Bruin fans.....but I have YET to meet a Canadien fan that didn't want to make me round kick them in the head..:fish:

Anaheim Ducks----Kinda the same reasons as the Flyers and Canucks....they seem to have a "whine" factor to them when things don't go their way.....then on top of that, they want to "beat everybody" up when they can't get it done on the ice. They are borderline only because they don't win consistently, I suppose, so if they are mid-level at best, then I guess they can whine all they want.....no one in the playoffs will hear them...:boink:

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FUCK EVERYONE but the Canucks.

I wont cheer for any team other than mine. i like the Sabres but Im not cheering for them if my team is done. I would cheer for good hockey only and for individual players

+1

/except the Sabres part.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#1.Toronto Maple Leafs
For years they have had the money to improve their team and they never do.
They got Kessel to shut the fans up for awhile,but gave up too much IMO.
#2-every other team but mine.I don't root for say the Wild to beat the Pens because they're in our division.I do like it but in the end your team has to take care of business.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, I am a Lightning and Wild supporter...so here goes mine..

Washington Capitals---Lots of regular season SportsHoopla, no playoff success...and for some reason they are one of the media darlings still....as a complete team they are overrated ,though they do have some talent like Ovechkin, Semin, and Backstrom. But I can see these guys lose ALL day long and love it...

Philadelphia Flyers----Big and tough team....who apparently can't take their own medicine. Yep, they sure can push and shove, and muck n grind with the best of them, but the minute you give it back to them, it's CRY, CRY, CRY to the officials for a penalty. Yea, I'm looking at YOU Chris Pronger. But really, it's been like this as far as I can remember following the NHL...John LeClair, Eric Lindross, Ulf Samuelsson, Dan Carcillo, Scott Hartnell just to name a few others of past and present teams...they all WAAHHHHH'D.... :Cry:

Vancouver Canucks----see Flyers....talented team who is fine with the proceedings...till another team kicks them in the ass. And watching these guys fail JUST to see what the "Vancouver faithful" will burn down next? Priceless....

Detroit Red Wings---- Really, I root against them "vehemently" because they seem to win all the time, and even when they aren't so good the media STILL keeps shoving them down our throats...BOOO Detroit!! Enough already!! Only thing I am thankful for from the Wings is Steve Yzerman....our great current Lightning GM. If he can bring some that Detroit-like business model to Tampa and have OTHER teams hate us the way they hate the Wings, then that would be a GOOD thing....still wouldn't root for Detroit though..it's like rooting for the IRS to increase taxes....:lol:

Borderline teams for me :

Boston Bruins---No real problem with them...I guess it's more the Johnny-come-lately pompous fans that crawled out of the woodwork now that they won the Cup...finally.....

Montreal Canadiens----Again, more of a fan thing. Usually, I am tolerant of smarmy fans....but these guys raise "Pompous Ass" to a science....I have met cool Red Wing, Flyer, and Bruin fans.....but I have YET to meet a Canadien fan that didn't want to make me round kick them in the head..:fish:

Anaheim Ducks----Kinda the same reasons as the Flyers and Canucks....they seem to have a "whine" factor to them when things don't go their way.....then on top of that, they want to "beat everybody" up when they can't get it done on the ice. They are borderline only because they don't win consistently, I suppose, so if they are mid-level at best, then I guess they can whine all they want.....no one in the playoffs will hear them...:boink:

for a fan of a team with marty st. louis on it you sure seem to have a broad defnition of whining and a pretty serious dislike of it... and you forgot to mention the pens, who fall in your broad spectrum as well

for me..

Pens - living in pittsburgh and watching the team almost die and then watch the fans come crawling back when they lucked out and got the snively puke that returned their glory makes me sick.. though i have found that the pens fans on here are alright

*Wings - still havent forgiven you for '97 (yes, the grudges of an 8 year old, hold true 14 years later)

Rangers - hate them.

Habs - If P.K. Subban suffered from some rare disease that made him afraid of taking the ice and therefore never played hockey again, i would love that.. (least life altering 'disease' i could think of for him to get).. i HATE pk subban..

*not sure why the blackhawks aren't on my list, but i just didn't get as mad at them.. i guess i felt the flyers lost that series on their own maybe.. i dno..

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if someone is going to post a thread on why you would never root for a team why do it on oh their fan base did this after losing so I hate them or their goalie was supposed to be the 2nd coming of patrick roy so they should lose. you should never ever cheer for a team that has some sort of history with you.

The Blackhawks. - I hate this team and would never cheer for them. Kane is such a bitch. Bolland needs a slap and Im glad everyone else is gone that I hate so much

The Bruins - for fucking beating my team and ripping my heart out after it just healed

The Rangers - for fucking beating my team and ripping my heart out.

The Avalanche - for fucking Floppa. Wonderful hockey player but so whiney and Pierre Lacroix the hate I have for that man is immense.

The Toronto Maple Leafs the Most - Not the Center of the Universe. Their fan base takes over arenas every year when they come through and become so bloody obnoxious every year in our building. WE HATES THEM FOREVER

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of surprised by the lack of devils hate
We swept the wings and lindros has to bring some bad blood with philly fans