• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The "Guys on your OWN team that piss you off and WHY" thread ---- NHL Edition

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Well, you puckheads...we've heard all the smack talk...we've heard all the twits call each others' teams names, make mom jokes, and generally act like pizza faced kids....

Now it's time to man or woman up (and for some of you, it's probably a coin flip) and call out your OWN team, and name a guy or guys on your own team that just totally pisses you off. And tell us why, you thick headed dolts......yell about it, scream, cry bloody murder...but make it entertaining...

Discuss, you overrated, self important, pompous E-thugs....:ss:
Hehehe...

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mine is more with the media and un-educated people who call Jordan Staal a 2-way center. Ummmm, sorry but he has very limited offensive skills. I will leave it at that.

In the past, i absolutely hated Larry Murphy and Ryan Whitney. The two biggest pussies who ever put on a pair of skates.

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Mine is more with the media and un-educated people who call Jordan Staal a 2-way center. Ummmm, sorry but he has very limited offensive skills. I will leave it at that.

In the past, i absolutely hated Larry Murphy and Ryan Whitney. The two biggest pussies who ever put on a pair of skates.

Outstanding....yes, you guys can mention your home teams media in this as well....good put in, sbb122....

Players, media, papers, announcers...go for it...
Mine will be up shortly.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cory Sarich - Please take him back Sandy, he's a pre-lockout defenseman stuck in a post-lockout game

Matt Stajan - Just not a very smart hockey player

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Cory Sarich - Please take him back Sandy, he's a pre-lockout defenseman stuck in a post-lockout game

Matt Stajan - Just not a very smart hockey player

Hehehe...I actually LIKED him, and was a little upset when he wasn't brought back, Dash....
Then again, I haven't followed many Flames games to see how he has been doing since...but he always seemed to play tough n hard against the leagues best forwards....
Now, I suspect the Bolts didn't resign him because he sometimes takes the occaisional dumb ass penalty...so perhaps that is your gripe? :pound:

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Crampy" Schneider ... give that kid some cranberry juice and a midol

/balancing things out for possible impending Luongo hate

Slimpikins

Well, fuck it
Hoopla Cash
$ 330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's too early to tell with the players, there was a lot of turnover and they are all playing like shit right now.

If we can include media Drew Remenda tops my list. He has been pissing me off a little more every year.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now i am going to pile on Staal, i wish i could find the video on-line.

He is the only player in NHL history who lost the puck 3 different times on a breakaway from the red line and didn't get a shot off. Happened in a home game last season, but cannot remember the opponent. We had a good laugh at the Consol when it happened.

/As for media, Paul Steigerwald needs to go!

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, I suspect the Bolts didn't resign him because he sometimes takes the occaisional dumb ass penalty...so perhaps that is your gripe? :pound:

He did take a couple of bad penalties last night and just played a terrible game overall. The good news is that his contract expires at the end of this season.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... guy on my own team that drives me crazy... (taps fingers)

You know, it's weird. I'm thinking hard about it and I can't even come up with one, single, enigmatic Russian that drives me up a wall.

Not a one!

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Hmmm... guy on my own team that drives me crazy... (taps fingers)

You know, it's weird. I'm thinking hard about it and I can't even come up with one, single, enigmatic Russian that drives me up a wall.

Not a one!

Ya, that Semin...he is quite the complete player, isn't he....:smile:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm...I hate our announcers. As far as players? There's no one I HATE on the team. They're all decent people, and give their all every night. Staal sometimes seems disinterested, but that's just on offense. He's a great defensive player, and does the other stuff well. Wins faceoffs, blocks shots, kills penalties, etc.

KennyBanyeah

Buckle up!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,042.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Filip Kuba - Slow, coughs up the puck and is way too soft for his size.

Sergei Gonchar - Some effort on the defensive side would be appreciated.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hartnell is driving me fucking nuts.

Takes the stupidest penalties all the time,and making a shitload of bonehead plays.
There is no "heart" in Hartnell of late.Either send him down or make him a healthy scratch to wake his ass up.

Pronger is another.Your captain should not be taking "lazy" penalties.That trip last night
was just stupid once he was beat.

SandyBeach26

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Ok, here I go with mine...I am Ligntning and Wild...so I have two sets...

Tampa Bay---Mattias Ohlund. Ok, the guy is big, strong and matches up against the leagues power forwards reasonably well...till they actually try playing HOCKEY against him. Seriously...this guy is a big goof. The guy can't skate to save his life. And if he can, well, let's just say any type of skillful play by ANY forward, makes him look like a stump on skates...and his clearing attempts...
How many %$#@ years have you been in the NHL, Mattias, and you don't realize trying to clear pucks up the middle in your own zone while opposing forwards are bearing down is NOT a good idea??
Every time he touches the puck in his own zone I half expect him to get spooked out of his skates because some fan in the stands walked by with a bucket of popcorn...get a grip man...

Pavel Kubina----really, I want to love this guy. He is one of the three remaining 2004 Cup winners on this team. And as big as he is, he should scare the crap outta opposing forwards going into his zone. Yet he plays like he is 5'10 170....really Pavel? What happened to that monster that was all over Keith Primeau? What happened to that guy that was in Jerome Iginla's face everytime he touched the puck? Where is that vicious hockey player that scared the bejezus out of every miniscule Montreal forward that even had a THOUGHT of running through the middle to make a play on goal?? Play big, or get out Pavel....you've slowed up a step or three, so all you have left is your size and nastiness....use it!!

The Chief Bobby Taylor(sunsports color guy)---If this guy doesn't get tongue tied just trying to comment on the action taking place, then he is too busy telling us how players are "mesmerized" by the puck. Nice word, Chief, now, can you look into your lexicon and find another to use? You've pretty much worn that one out already....Rick Peckham has carried you FAR too long already..

Minnesota Wild---
Kyle Brodziak, Guillaume Latendresse, P.A. Bouchard----SHOOT THE DAMN PUCK!!! Nuff said...

Clayton Stoner---good hitter...bad at clearing the puck....seriously..i've never played ice hockey on any meaningful level....but is it REALLY that hard to get a 3 or 4 inch wide puck past a couple guys in a wide open ice surface????
Oh, and while your at it, use your DAMN size to MOVE players out of Backstroms line of sight....are you running camp out grounds for opposing forwards???

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I'm frustrated by a few of our guys every now and then, but there's no one I hate on the team.

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walker - Never has there been a more appropriate name for a player. I can skate faster than him, and that's counting all the times I'd fall down and have to get back up.

Hartnell - Used to be an on-the-edge, gritty forward who had some skill but took too many penalties. Now he's an over-the-edge forward who takes too many penalties and can't seem to regain his skill.