• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stocks Up - Stocks Down

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that they played QB DOES NOT mean we will be fine. I'm confident in time we will get the QB spot right but the fact that those two played it really has nothing to do with being fine there. We all love Elway but lets face it, he isn't perfect, nobody is. He doesn't have a magic wand he can wave to make it all better.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do get they know how to manege a QB . Because I am pretty damn sure we don't it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy more technical than fans are putting out

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't get that. Because so far he hasn't proven that. I know Elway can play QB though. He proved that.

and I am confident he can, but I don't "KNOW", he can.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I don't get that. Because so far he hasn't proven that. I know Elway can play QB though. He proved that.

and I am confident he can, but I don't "KNOW", he can.

The only time the Texans had a QB was Kubiak . Elway Steve Young and 10 or so QB's would tell you different.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young and 10 other QB's would tell me that John Elway can develop a QB?

I wouldn't tell them they're wrong, I just wouldn't tell them they're right until he proves that to us.

Difference between developing a QB and inheriting a QB that has already developed like Manning and Schaub.

Again. I am not saying Elway can't develop a QB, I am simply saying he hasn't proved that he can yet. That's all.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll just say - most coaches with good QBs just lucked out when they got them.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm think Belichek for one. Dan Reeves for two.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean nobody can sit here and tell me Belichick knew what he had in Brady when he took him in round 6, if that was the case he would have taken him way earlier then RD 6. :)

So there is some luck in that, also give him credit for helping him with his success, but people who act like he knew what he was getting there in round 6 are fooling themselves.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steve Young and 10 other QB's would tell me that John Elway can develop a QB?

I wouldn't tell them they're wrong, I just wouldn't tell them they're right until he proves that to us.

Difference between developing a QB and inheriting a QB that has already developed like Manning and Schaub.

Again. I am not saying Elway can't develop a QB, I am simply saying he hasn't proved that he can yet. That's all.

Kubiak and yes he will be in Elway ear

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They love each other like brothers

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean nobody can sit here and tell me Belichick knew what he had in Brady when he took him in round 6, if that was the case he would have taken him way earlier then RD 6. :)

So there is some luck in that, also give him credit for helping him with his success, but people who act like he knew what he was getting there in round 6 are fooling themselves.

No truer statement has been spoken on this whole QB situation. Every team including the Patriots got the evaluation on Brady wrong. Bill Polian saying they had a 1st round grade on him is ridiculous. I don't care if you have Manning already you would use a mid round pick on a guy that you have a 1st round grade on. He at least becomes a valuable trading piece down the line and a quality backup.

QB evaluation is truly one of the most difficult things to get right by any organization. Heck the Patriots since they got Brady who have they developed behind him? Jimmy G is the closest anybody can say and even he hasn't proven much of anything.

Green Bay lucked into having 2 HOF QB's in a row. If they thought Rodgers would become what he has become they would have traded the next 3 1st round picks to trade up and get him.

Right now to me we still have no clue what Paxton Lynch is. Yes he hasn't shown much of anything when it matters in the games other than the Tampa Bay game. That is the one game where he showed some promise as a QB in the NFL. Most viewed him as a 2-3 year project coming in. The Broncos were willing to use a 1st round pick and at least 8 other teams from what I am told that were all trying to trade up and get him all thought the risk was worth the reward for his talent and to show patience to see if he could develop. Unfortunately we all are very impatient. Myself included in that.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No truer statement has been spoken on this whole QB situation. Every team including the Patriots got the evaluation on Brady wrong. Bill Polian saying they had a 1st round grade on him is ridiculous. I don't care if you have Manning already you would use a mid round pick on a guy that you have a 1st round grade on. He at least becomes a valuable trading piece down the line and a quality backup.

QB evaluation is truly one of the most difficult things to get right by any organization. Heck the Patriots since they got Brady who have they developed behind him? Jimmy G is the closest anybody can say and even he hasn't proven much of anything.

Green Bay lucked into having 2 HOF QB's in a row. If they thought Rodgers would become what he has become they would have traded the next 3 1st round picks to trade up and get him.

Right now to me we still have no clue what Paxton Lynch is. Yes he hasn't shown much of anything when it matters in the games other than the Tampa Bay game. That is the one game where he showed some promise as a QB in the NFL. Most viewed him as a 2-3 year project coming in. The Broncos were willing to use a 1st round pick and at least 8 other teams from what I am told that were all trying to trade up and get him all thought the risk was worth the reward for his talent and to show patience to see if he could develop. Unfortunately we all are very impatient. Myself included in that.

Great Post :)

I think we'd all be patient with Lynch if he showed more progression instead of none. He looks like we drafted him 4 months ago at this point. With our D we can't wait too long or our D will be old or not as good.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing Paul.

My point about Brady and Carl's about Rodgers a lot of people I don't think understand, but Paxton is a little bit different case here. I'm not really calling Elway out like others are that he doesn't know how to evaluate QB's... He still has to prove he can but I dont think anyone can every Full PROOVE it without some luck too.

Paxton's case is different to me because he hasn't shown progress. I'm not really scolding Elway for it, blaming him for his lack of development, but I also think we have somewhat of a clue what way Paxton might turn out here based on his inability to show anything the first two years. Again, I hope I am wrong, but if he doesn't I don't really blame Elway like many do. Nobody can draft a QB knowing they struck GOLD. Sometimes you have to point the finger at the person throwing the rock rather then the person giving them their shot.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing Paul.

My point about Brady and Carl's about Rodgers a lot of people I don't think understand, but Paxton is a little bit different case here. I'm not really calling Elway out like others are that he doesn't know how to evaluate QB's... He still has to prove he can but I dont think anyone can every Full PROOVE it without some luck too.

Paxton's case is different to me because he hasn't shown progress. I'm not really scolding Elway for it, blaming him for his lack of development, but I also think we have somewhat of a clue what way Paxton might turn out here based on his inability to show anything the first two years. Again, I hope I am wrong, but if he doesn't I don't really blame Elway like many do. Nobody can draft a QB knowing they struck GOLD. Sometimes you have to point the finger at the person throwing the rock rather then the person giving them their shot.

Yep your right.

Like I said, on the Mane. If Lynch turns out to be a bust oh well. I told them we only traded a 3rd to try it. At least we didn't trade the farm like other teams have done that is bigger deal. QBOTF are hard to find. Heck we haven't found TD #2 yet either. You got to keep trying until you get things right.

PS I knew you weren't scolding Elway DC