• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stocks Up - Stocks Down

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Jamal Carter. He always impressed me on special teams at the U, but he brings something in run support. I have a feeling we will see him on short yard and GL opportunities on the D this year. Some buzz that he has played better then Will Parks. Parks had a good rookie year, and I don't think his job is in jeopardy at all and the team is still happy with him, but Carter's stock is up. Sounds like the staff loves him, and can use him in multiple ways. He reminds me a bit of Brandon Meriweather at Miami, but we will use him better and not depend on him in coverage. Last year Parks came in on GL packages a lot, this year could have Carter to the same to help out. Notice him playing the outside run well. He comes up and hits.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love Jamal Carter - @Draft Crazy

I was thinking - one less ILB in order to keep Carter on the roster - he plays like a hybrid.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking we keep 5 S's and 5 CB's.

Here is what I got.

CB
1. Harris
2. Talib
3. Roby
4. Langley
5. Lewis-Harris / Doss (I think VJ likes Lewis-Harris as he had him as a depth guy in Cincy and brought him here. I think Elway likes Doss.... Shopping Doss does make sense. He has the ability to be a CB 3 or 4, but probably not going to grow into a starter. Lewis-Harris pretty similar in his value, but Doss is younger so has actual trade value. Doss is a bit stuck here into a CB 5 roles after drafting Langley who we appear to be very high on and he has the Kayvon Webster role right now as the 4th CB with great tools and will be good on special teams. Lewis-Harris is older, less upside then Doss, but if we can get something in return for Doss then I don't think we would hesitate. He will be a FA at the end of next year and likely will look for a higher role with another team, so it might make sense to get some depth at another position for him. He does have some value.
Thinking Colts, 49ers, Cardinals or Falcons could be possible. (Just something to ponder more then a prediction)

S
1. Ward
2. Stewart
3. Simmons
4. Parks
5. Carter

Keep a CB on the PS and I think S Orion Stewart goes on our PS as well.

Dymonte Thomas, Dante Barnett, Marcus Rios not looking like PS material right now. Nelson has hardly played so we know where that is going.

I think we may pluck another CB off another teams cuts to be on our PS. That or Rios will start as the CB on the PS and soon be released for someone else.

We could technically keep 6 S's and 6 CB's, and some team do that. Saints do it most years, but we typically don't. Especially since we will most surely keep 6 WR's and probably 4 RB's at this point.

Although I may be the only one who isn't SUPER shocked if we cut both Charles and Ridley, but ask me after I see Charles this week for a better answer on that.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I think Jordan Taylor could be the toughest cut we have this year... He is ahead of Carlos Henderson on the depth chart, but we aren't going to cut Henderson. McKenzie has the PR duty so he is also a lock. Latimer and Fowler are ahead of Taylor at WR.

Taylor is sorta in a bad situation right now because he really should make the roster, but he may not because of the numbers/young wide receivers being roster locks.

One would also make the assumption that Schofield is good as gone for cuts based on PT and depth chart... I personally trust him more then Sambrailo which doesn't say much. Both really should be gone but with our lack of depth we are hurting there. See what comes up on waivers. Stephenson, Schofield and Sammy will all be interesting. I think in a perfect world none would make the team for us, but unless we find some depth we can't release all of them, but 1 for sure. Murray and Lang haven't done much from my understanding to say we can depend on them and the others have experience they don't have.... I think we will be scanning the waiver wire there to see if there is any vet worth bringing in over either of the two scrub backup OT's we have right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think our cuts right now are fairly easy other then a spot at WR and at RB for the most part. There are some positions (ILB depth, OL) in which you look at our team and think good lord, we don't have something better then that for depth?

I wouldn't mind talking to the Saints about LB Stephone Anthony right about now. Offer them a late rd conditional or maybe even someone like Jordan Taylor because the Saints could use a 4th/5th WR.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Elway has done a lot to try and help the OL. The issue continues to be guys not developing, injuries, and the vet signings just not living up to the hype.

Last year he signed Okung and Stephenson. Both were players sought after by other teams to come in and start for them. So not like Elway was the only one off on the evaluation. Both actually started out the year pretty well but both sustained injuries and never quite recovered.

He also was expecting that his 2nd round pick in Sambrailo would finally stay healthy. Of course that did not happen. Garcia showed some real promise his rookie year but then regressed his 2nd year in the league. So again 4 players with some expectations thrown their way and did not pan out.

The year before that remember we were at our 3rd string LT and RT with both of our guards needing plays off during the game because of injuries. You cannot always account for injuries. There are only so many decent players out there and any team that is playing with 3rd string guys on the OL are going to struggle. The Cowboys if they had their 3rd string LT in the game that player would not be a quality player.

So Elway has tried but so far that has not always been met with success.
Personally, I think Elway trusted Denison too much on evaluating / signing O line players. Getting rid of him, bringing in McCoy and having Davidson i
I would say Elway has done a lot to try and help the OL. The issue continues to be guys not developing, injuries, and the vet signings just not living up to the hype.

Last year he signed Okung and Stephenson. Both were players sought after by other teams to come in and start for them. So not like Elway was the only one off on the evaluation. Both actually started out the year pretty well but both sustained injuries and never quite recovered.

He also was expecting that his 2nd round pick in Sambrailo would finally stay healthy. Of course that did not happen. Garcia showed some real promise his rookie year but then regressed his 2nd year in the league. So again 4 players with some expectations thrown their way and did not pan out.

The year before that remember we were at our 3rd string LT and RT with both of our guards needing plays off during the game because of injuries. You cannot always account for injuries. There are only so many decent players out there and any team that is playing with 3rd string guys on the OL are going to struggle. The Cowboys if they had their 3rd string LT in the game that player would not be a quality player.

So Elway has tried but so far that has not always been met with success.
Elway relies on scouting reports, his OC and O line coaches when it comes to evaluating offensive lineman. Unfortunately he trusted Denison and Barones " expertise " . They sucked. Bringing in McCoy and Davidson has perpetuated the signings of Leary, Watson , drafting Bolles etc. and if there's going to be a big improvement in this line this year, it's not on Elway other than he's trusted the info and acted. He's had bad advice in past. Hopefully these guys got it right and will continue to do so.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I think Elway trusted Denison too much on evaluating / signing O line players. Getting rid of him, bringing in McCoy and having Davidson i

Elway relies on scouting reports, his OC and O line coaches when it comes to evaluating offensive lineman. Unfortunately he trusted Denison and Barones " expertise " . They sucked. Bringing in McCoy and Davidson has perpetuated the signings of Leary, Watson , drafting Bolles etc. and if there's going to be a big improvement in this line this year, it's not on Elway other than he's trusted the info and acted. He's had bad advice in past. Hopefully these guys got it right and will continue to do so.

Great post .

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think our cuts right now are fairly easy other then a spot at WR and at RB for the most part. There are some positions (ILB depth, OL) in which you look at our team and think good lord, we don't have something better then that for depth?

I wouldn't mind talking to the Saints about LB Stephone Anthony right about now. Offer them a late rd conditional or maybe even someone like Jordan Taylor because the Saints could use a 4th/5th WR.
we need to call the eagles.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shelby Harris is a stud Jordan Taylor probably made the team tonight

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will be looking for a TE when cuts come ..

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Charles definitely made the team tonight. On pretty much every play he pulled a classic Jamal and juked and squirted his way to some extra yardage.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What people dont understand about Taylor is him being able to muscle out CB's is really hard to find , the cloesr you get to the end zone the more he is of help .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no use for a TE other than Green and Butt so here we are again....

Shannon Sharp is starting to get damn hard to replace ....hell at this point steal one .

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Sam played well last night for the most part. I agree Jamaal Charles had to have made the team.

I think CJ Anderson, Booker, Charles and DeAngelo Henderson are a great stable of RBs.

Among WRs - Marlon Brown - Jordan Taylor - both are good enough to make many NFL rosters, but the roster seems crowed at WR too.

I'm excited about Jamaal Carter - for a CFA - the guy plays with swagger and certainty.

Shelby Harris needs to stick around too - he's got energy and manages to be in the right place at the right time.