• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53-man roster projection

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured since we have cut down to 75 coming up here soon and we have had a bit of time to see these players that we could maybe post what we think the roster will be.

QB--3
Siemian, Lynch, Sanchez

I know in another post I laid out why Sanchez could be cut. I think he is still on this roster though when everything is done.

RB--3
Anderson, Booker, Bibbs
This is where I see the team cutting to save room for others. Hillman just doesn't add anything to special teams and Thompson just doesn't seem like a guy getting many opportunities in games or practice.

FB--1
Andy Janovich
The fact that he can maybe step in as a RB if needed is why I think we only keep 3 RB's.

WR--6
DT, Sanders, Fowler, Latimer, Norwood, Taylor
With keeping Norwood on the roster I think that takes Raymond and Addison off the roster and gives Taylor the better chance of making our final roster. Raymond did not show well in this last game and Addison while he has been showing well at practice from what I understand had just an ok game this past week.

TE--3
Green, Heuerman, Graham
I still think the team only keep 3 TE's with the hope that Krieger-Coble will make it to our practice Squad and can be called up if needed because of injury. So kind of like we are keeping 4 TE's.

OL--8
Okung, Garcia, Paradis, Sambrailo, Stephenson, Schofield, Weems, McGovern
This was a tough group to sort out. I thought about putting Ferentz on this list but I think all his fights just have the team thinking he wouldn't do well if he actually had to play. None of the other guys are a true Center if say Paradis goes down with injury but I just see these being the guys we actually like.

Offense total--24

DL
Wolfe, Williams, Crick, Gotsis, Melton, Kilgo, Winn

LB
Miller, Ware, Marshall, Davis, Ray, Barrett, Nelson, Anderson, Watson
I just think all these guys have earned a roster spot at this point. Plus they will be huge special teams players for us.

CB
Harris, Talib, Roby, Webster, Doss, Nixon
I almost thought about leaving Nixon off the roster but I just think the team loves him and he could be huge as a gunner on special teams.

Safety
Stewart, Ward, Simmons, Parks
Might be the easiest group to pick. Love what we have seen from all 4 of these guys.

Defense total--26

Special Teams

Kicker
McManus

Punter
Colquitt

LS
Casey Kreiter

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was coming up with my 53 man roster over the weekend. We basically have the same thing. I wanna say I had 1 different scenario when I did mine. I'll have to check tonight.

I know I was debating J.Thompson vs Winn a lot. Thompson was a guy I just felt like with Booker added and Janovich he was really on the hot seat to make the final roster this year. As good as he looked his rookie season in camp he hasn't really done much since that sticks out to me and he is injured a lot.

Keo vs Nixon with Nixon having the edge as the 9th DB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS I could see us signing both Raymond and Addison to the PS to start the season. Let them duke it out a few more weeks, then cut one for another position when we see which one we like better. Then get 1 of those 2 more PR experience to help us out later on down the line.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was coming up with my 53 man roster over the weekend. We basically have the same thing. I wanna say I had 1 different scenario when I did mine. I'll have to check tonight.

I know I was debating J.Thompson vs Winn a lot. Thompson was a guy I just felt like with Booker added and Janovich he was really on the hot seat to make the final roster this year. As good as he looked his rookie season in camp he hasn't really done much since that sticks out to me and he is injured a lot.

Keo vs Nixon with Nixon having the edge as the 9th DB.

Yeah I really debated the RB position. The fact that we are going to run a ton this year makes me nervous to only have the 3 guys. Especially when you consider that Anderson has been injury prone and Booker is coming off a couple of knee surgeries. Thompson also has been a very good special teams player so maybe we go ahead and keep him since he does back up both the RB and FB position but I just haven't heard enough good about him this year to justify him making the roster

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a guy like Ronnie Hillman could end up on the Colts.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PS I could see us signing both Raymond and Addison to the PS to start the season. Let them duke it out a few more weeks, then cut one for another position when we see which one we like better. Then get 1 of those 2 more PR experience to help us out later on down the line.

I can see that happening as well. I thought about adding who I think makes our PS but figured 53-man roster was good enough for now. I have been hearing much better things about Addison lately. He has been a bigger player as a WR lately and has definitely shown more in the punt return department. Raymond is just more of a straight line guy where Addison has quite a bit of wiggle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if a guy like Ronnie Hillman could end up on the Colts.

I was actually thinking he would be with the Patriots. Looks like the speed guy they have is going to miss most if not all the season so they could use a guy like Hillman.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Addison can at least make the PS and grow from there. I think he can play along time in the NFL if someone is patient with him and gives him some time to develop. If we don't add him to our PS, someone else will.

I hope he sorta has that Chris Harris like journey. A guy who even his rookie year was sorta a surprise he made the roster, then he took with it and ran. We saw something in him and remained patient as he thrived as a gunner early in his rookie year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope Addison can at least make the PS and grow from there. I think he can play along time in the NFL if someone is patient with him and gives him some time to develop. If we don't add him to our PS, someone else will.

I hope he sorta has that Chris Harris like journey. A guy who even his rookie year was sorta a surprise he made the roster, then he took with it and ran. We saw something in him and remained patient as he thrived as a gunner early in his rookie year.

I would love to keep him around. I think he has shown tremendous growth from his first day of practice to where he is now. From what I understand he has really surprised with how much he has grown as a WR. They already knew he was a great returner but his skills as a WR could really be where he makes his mark. Maybe not this year but next he could be a huge player for us.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often feel bad for a guy like Addison. A guy who had success in college in the pac 12 as a return man and WR. Did everything he could in college to show what he could do on the field. Declares early, goes undrafted. I know you have to know what your measusreables are when factoring in declaring, but this is a guy who IMO made the right move in declaring after the season he had and still went undrafted. I am not even sure how much coming back could have helped him. It wasn't one of those cases where the guy had no business declaring.

Addison and Kenny Lawler both. What else more could they have done when they decided to declare. They both caught every thing, made plays, posted good numbers. Usually, I am all about a player returning to college unless it is obvious, but in these two guys case I am just not sure how much more they could have helped their stock.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I often feel bad for a guy like Addison. A guy who had success in college in the pac 12 as a return man and WR. Did everything he could in college to show what he could do on the field. Declares early, goes undrafted. I know you have to know what your measusreables are when factoring in declaring, but this is a guy who IMO made the right move in declaring after the season he had and still went undrafted. I am not even sure how much coming back could have helped him. It wasn't one of those cases where the guy had no business declaring.

Addison and Kenny Lawler both. What else more could they have done when they decided to declare. They both caught every thing, made plays, posted good numbers. Usually, I am all about a player returning to college unless it is obvious, but in these two guys case I am just not sure how much more they could have helped their stock.

The only thing I would say is that going to a gimmick offense like that in Oregon probably didn't help his cause. They put up the ridiculous numbers every year so teams look at that and say it is more about the system than the player. I think Addison is a good player and could really make a nice career for himself in the NFL but I just think these players have to look beyond the team they are going to and look at the system. Such as if I am an OL player I am looking at Iowa above all other colleges. They have a proven track record of guys going to the NFL and doing well.

If I am a QB maybe Stanford. Or at least I would be going to a program with a pro style offense. Yes you won't put up the ridiculous numbers that some of the other guys put up but teams love when a guy already has that pro style base to build on.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- The offense has you second guessing a player. Totally understand where you are coming from there.

The thing with Addison is just his ability after the catch, his wiggle and his separation. Now that being said I know playing an NFL D is way different then the Pac 12. Just figured a late round flyer was the worst he would do. I figured he would end up going in round 4 or 5, but then again I am not the one working him out individually to see what he looks like. He did tear his ACL before the season in 2014 so I wonder if there was any red flags on that, but he did seem to come back strong from it. Matter of fact he tore it in the spring game and there was a lot of talk he was gonna come back in 2014 and play the majority of the season. Wisely he sat out that season.

I am just glad he is getting a shot in Denver. When we signed him I viewed it as another Rd 4-5 pick that I would have been thrilled about to see pop across the screen on draft day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree- The offense has you second guessing a player. Totally understand where you are coming from there.

The thing with Addison is just his ability after the catch, his wiggle and his separation. Now that being said I know playing an NFL D is way different then the Pac 12. Just figured a late round flyer was the worst he would do. I figured he would end up going in round 4 or 5, but then again I am not the one working him out individually to see what he looks like. He did tear his ACL before the season in 2014 so I wonder if there was any red flags on that, but he did seem to come back strong from it. Matter of fact he tore it in the spring game and there was a lot of talk he was gonna come back in 2014 and play the majority of the season. Wisely he sat out that season.

I am just glad he is getting a shot in Denver. When we signed him I viewed it as another Rd 4-5 pick that I would have been thrilled about to see pop across the screen on draft day.

I think teams definitely love his open field ability. The issue becomes is he only a special teams player that maybe you have a handful of plays available on the offense for him or is he a guy you can develop into both a good slot receiver and also then be your return guy? Route tree would be my biggest question with him and it showed up a lot at the beginning of camp. Come back routes were his worst as he would just stop at the top of his route instead of fighting to come back to the QB. Sounds like he has worked on that part of his game though and is showing good improvement.

Also just have to add that I feel like this off season I have been much more in sync with what the Broncos are planning on doing. I thought Lynch would be a great fit for Kubiak's system and hey we go out and get him. I loved Simmons, McGovern, and of course Booker and hey went went and got them. Then after Walker went down I was really hoping we would go and look at Melton and then hey there he is. Makes me nervous when I am actually agreeing so much with what the Broncos are doing. Now given Elway has been here for 5 years now and we have a lot of data to go off of to see what they like and what fits our system best especially now that Kubiak is back. We really are working hard to build back the type of rosters we had in the late 90's and well can't argue with the success so far.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either Raymond or Addison make PS. Denver will go with Sanders and Norwood and make room for more valuable PS positions. Coble just might end up the #2 behind Green. Other than that, looks pretty realistic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think either Raymond or Addison make PS. Denver will go with Sanders and Norwood and make room for more valuable PS positions. Coble just might end up the #2 behind Green. Other than that, looks pretty realistic.

Here is my thought on why at least one if not both of those guys make the PS.

To me the PS is more about players that are either at 1) A weaker depth position (such as Coble) or 2) That you can see the next year being a player on your team. Raymond and Addison both offer the opportunity to upgrade our return position possibly this year or for sure next year. Have to remember right now Norwood and Sanders are not signed beyond this year so good chance we will need a return guy next year. Give these two guys a chance to fight it out for a few weeks then pick one and let that player develop in your system. Much easier for the team to get excited about a guy that has been in their system for an entire year and see how he develops. Look at Barrett. He spend his first year on the practice squad because he needed to develop his game but also needed to develop his body. Then we saw the fruits of that the next year and hopefully again this year.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my thought on why at least one if not both of those guys make the PS.

To me the PS is more about players that are either at 1) A weaker depth position (such as Coble) or 2) That you can see the next year being a player on your team. Raymond and Addison both offer the opportunity to upgrade our return position possibly this year or for sure next year. Have to remember right now Norwood and Sanders are not signed beyond this year so good chance we will need a return guy next year. Give these two guys a chance to fight it out for a few weeks then pick one and let that player develop in your system. Much easier for the team to get excited about a guy that has been in their system for an entire year and see how he develops. Look at Barrett. He spend his first year on the practice squad because he needed to develop his game but also needed to develop his body. Then we saw the fruits of that the next year and hopefully again this year.
True about Barrett, Zaire,etc that have showed promise at key positions. So far Addison and Raymond haven't really showed much in return game that makes you go " wow " and neither has done much if anything in preseason as wrs. Heck, Posey and Neal have looked better as wrs and should get shot in return game imo.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good list CD, but I'm not sure Colquitt has won the job - I still like Dixon for his hang time and salary - the guy is a better athlete too ..

We've got a find a way to keep Dekota Watson, in addition to Zaire Anderson, and I love what I see from Jordan Taylor

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sayin' this is the correct thread for this, but, both Sambraillo and Heuerman have been really disappointing

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True about Barrett, Zaire,etc that have showed promise at key positions. So far Addison and Raymond haven't really showed much in return game that makes you go " wow " and neither has done much if anything in preseason as wrs. Heck, Posey and Neal have looked better as wrs and should get shot in return game imo.

I remember Zaire doing some good things in preseason but not sure I remember Barrett his rookie year doing much more than a couple of plays. Also with just so few return opportunities not really like we have gotten much opportunity to see Addison and Raymond. Have to remember that Zaire and Barrett play positions that they can make easier individual plays. Addison and Raymond could be getting open most plays but with our OL issues and QB's struggling at times maybe it is more they are just not getting the ball thrown to them. Hard to tell with the games we watch since most WR's go off screen and we don't get to see if they are actually open or not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sayin' this is the correct thread for this, but, both Sambraillo and Heuerman have been really disappointing

Agree they really have. Both have a great opportunity to change that thought process if they can get healthy and actually do something on the field but can't really change a fans minds when you spend all your time in the tub. I think Sambrailo has more of a chance to shine eventually than Heuerman as the coaches still seem very optimistic that Sambrailo will amount to something but the clock is ticking on these guys. Those 4 years go quick on those rookie contracts.