• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53-man roster projection

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes you gotta take a longer route. In Addison's case I think he will get there, it just won't be all peaches and cream from the start. You know what it is like for an undrafted FA. Look at Zaire Anderson last year. BMarsh, Rod Smith, among many many other Bronco and non Broncos.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randy,

Neither Carl or I have Addison making the active roster. More wishful thinking as I was a big fan of his in college. I'd say he or Raymond and maybe even both have a very good chance to make the PS to extend more experience to them. I don't think both will stay on it for long as we may let them compete for that PS return job as we get them ready down the line.

I HATE the idea of putting Emmanuel Sanders at PR. Those days should be behind him IMO. I hate to see a 7th year starting Pro Bowl caliber WR returning punts. I don't mind putting him back there in crunch time or when we need someone to come up with a tight fair catch that teams often do with dependable return man when we know there is going to be no return; but having him return punts for the duration of the season? No thanks!

I am fine with Norwood if we want to go safe with Sanders playing the PR role I mentioned above.

But truth is Raymond and Addison have much more upside as a PR then Norwood, but it''s hard to throw an inexperienced PR out there. No harm in putting 1 or 2 on the PS to give them an extended look. We have 10 PS slots. Who else are you going to put on the PS at WR? It has to be one of them. We have a history of keeping two WR's on the PS. I would be surprised if 1 of the 2 wasn't at least on the PS and then someone like Durron Neal or whomever.

P.S.- You seem to root against people that others root for. I bet if we all disliked Addison or Raymond you would be rooting for them to do well. ;)

I hope everything is ok with you.
Oh God, not the hope everything is ok with you again stuff ;). First off, I stated on here quite a few times that Denver just needs a guy on punt returns with proven good hands, fair catch every punt possible and make smart decisions whether to field or not and think field position. Sanders fits the bill. If you think that if they stick with that philosophy, that Sanders has a greater chance at injury doing that than all those slants he does across the middle of field where he gets hammered on a regular basis every game, then I strongly beg to differ. As far as Addison and Raymond, I jumped on your guys assessment and excitement for them to win return/#4 wr job early on too. What I've personally witnessed ( not he said / she said stuff around practice field ) during the two preseason games, hasn't impressed me at all so far. So....your comment saying I seem to diss any player someone else's promotes is false and holds no water. Besides Evan Mathis who is now gone, that's the only player I was negative about in past and was hated on for. Come on DC, don't make comments like that based on someone else's assessment.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ok Randy? :dhd:

Don't take me so serious and answer the damn question. :thumb:

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh God, not the hope everything is ok with you again stuff ;). First off, I stated on here quite a few times that Denver just needs a guy on punt returns with proven good hands, fair catch every punt possible and make smart decisions whether to field or not and think field position. Sanders fits the bill. If you think that if they stick with that philosophy, that Sanders has a greater chance at injury doing that than all those slants he does across the middle of field where he gets hammered on a regular basis every game, then I strongly beg to differ. As far as Addison and Raymond, I jumped on your guys assessment and excitement for them to win return/#4 wr job early on too. What I've personally witnessed ( not he said / she said stuff around practice field ) during the two preseason games, hasn't impressed me at all so far. So....your comment saying I seem to diss any player someone else's promotes is false and holds no water. Besides Evan Mathis who is now gone, that's the only player I was negative about in past and was hated on for. Come on DC, don't make comments like that based on someone else's assessment.

But you are basing your assessment on what maybe 20 snaps for both guys in the actual game and just a few returns by both of them? I mean that would be like me watching Elway early on in his career and saying man this guy stinks terribly he needs to be cut and never take another snap in the NFL. DC and I are trying to base our assessment of these guys on what they did in college, what we have heard they are doing at training camp, and what they have done so far in 2 preseason games. They have both shown plenty of promise when you look at the overall picture instead of just 20 snaps. Doesn't mean they are going to succeed but just that maybe some potential is there that they can maybe be not only sure hands as returners but also offer a big play ability in the return game with some more opportunities to prove themselves.

And even though yes Sanders does go back and most of the time fair catch the punt returns he still does return some of them. Last year for example he returned 17 punts. That is 17 more hits on him in a given season and that was with him only being a part time punt returner. If you ask him to go back every time good chance that number at least doubles and that is quite a few more hits with guys at full speed. There is a reason they say the 2 most dangerous plays in football on the kick off and the punt. The hits are a lot more vicious with guys running at full speed compared to a linebacker that is on step 2 trying to make a tackle and breaking down in space.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But you are basing your assessment on what maybe 20 snaps for both guys in the actual game and just a few returns by both of them? I mean that would be like me watching Elway early on in his career and saying man this guy stinks terribly he needs to be cut and never take another snap in the NFL. DC and I are trying to base our assessment of these guys on what they did in college, what we have heard they are doing at training camp, and what they have done so far in 2 preseason games. They have both shown plenty of promise when you look at the overall picture instead of just 20 snaps. Doesn't mean they are going to succeed but just that maybe some potential is there that they can maybe be not only sure hands as returners but also offer a big play ability in the return game with some more opportunities to prove themselves.

And even though yes Sanders does go back and most of the time fair catch the punt returns he still does return some of them. Last year for example he returned 17 punts. That is 17 more hits on him in a given season and that was with him only being a part time punt returner. If you ask him to go back every time good chance that number at least doubles and that is quite a few more hits with guys at full speed. There is a reason they say the 2 most dangerous plays in football on the kick off and the punt. The hits are a lot more vicious with guys running at full speed compared to a linebacker that is on step 2 trying to make a tackle and breaking down in space.

BINGO!

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just read first sentence... Aren't you doing the same ????? :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read first sentence... Aren't you doing the same ????? :)

Not at all. This is where reading the rest of my post matters. I said I am evaluating this player based on his college tape where especially Addison you saw a guy with incredible return skills and incredible ability in the open field as a WR. Then going off what I am hearing from camp from people who I trust to be evaluating objectively. Early in camp Raymond was just blowing people away with his speed. As camp went on Corners caught on to this which is why he needs more time to develop and learn how to run a crisper route. Just had this conversation last night with my wife on how college WR's just don't have the technique down and route tree to always succeed day 1 as a WR. Sometimes they need a year or two to develop. Heck we had this with our very own D. Thomas. He was big, physical, and fast but not much else when it came to actually being an NFL WR. He worked hard on learning the route tree and learning how to use his feet to get open to now be one of the top WR's in the league.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it was now. I had James Ferentz making the team which Carl does not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know what it was now. I had James Ferentz making the team which Carl does not.

I have gone back and forth on him. I know the team really likes him and he plays bigger than he is but I just think his constant need to get into fights and his personal fouls at key moments might make them keep him off the team.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears they like his versatility. He is a good blocker center cog on kickoff and can come in and play FB as a leader blocker on GL. With Janovich at FB it could hurt him.

He always liked to mix it up at Iowa. Sorta the way he plays what makes him the player he is. He is undersized but very strong and tough. Plus he has been taking the 2nd team reps at center which we do have other players who can play C if needed inparticular Garcia although it appears that is not where we want to use him at. Be interesting to see if he makes it this year. He is surely on the bubble. I think he makes it, but I am not placing a bet.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears they like his versatility. He is a good blocker center cog on kickoff and can come in and play FB as a leader blocker on GL. With Janovich at FB it could hurt him.

He always liked to mix it up at Iowa. Sorta the way he plays what makes him the player he is. He is undersized but very strong and tough. Be interesting to see if he makes it this year. He is surely on the bubble. I think he makes it, but I am not placing a bet.

Yeah like I said I have gone back and forth. I love the fight I see in him and his ability to hold the point of contact especially for his size. I just wish he knew how to shut it down when the whistle blew. His Personal Foul penalty against the Bears was just ridiculous. Cost us a huge play and some major points. So if he would actually have to play I would be worried waiting for him to just lose it.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah he clearly has some discipline issues that can't come out during the game.

Kinda surprising for a coaches son who really has a pretty disciplined Iowa team.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think Kyle Peko will make the 53 man roster ??

The guy has some explosion in his game, and while he does seem suited for the PS, just wondering what the chances are he makes the roster

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Peko will go to the PS. But I'd say he still has a very fair shot if he does well these last two weeks. I think he is a guy that we really like but want to store on the PS for the time being. Like Zaire Anderson last year. At some point if not right away he is gonna be on our active roster.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO Peko will go to the PS. But I'd say he still has a very fair shot if he does well these last two weeks. I think he is a guy that we really like but want to store on the PS for the time being. Like Zaire Anderson last year. At some point if not right away he is gonna be on our active roster.

Yeah this is my thought as well. There are those times unfortunately that being the most talented or having the best camp still doesn't get you on the roster. The team can view it as they still have this fringe player around in the hopes of developing him for a year then seeing him emerge the next year. The Broncos have done this now a couple of times in recent memory with Barrett and Anderson.

I also think Peko is hurt just a bit in that he isn't quite as versatile as that of Kilgo. Peko might be showing better as a NT at the moment but because the team can really move pieces around like Sly and Kilgo they just like those guys better to really add depth.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. This is where reading the rest of my post matters. I said I am evaluating this player based on his college tape where especially Addison you saw a guy with incredible return skills and incredible ability in the open field as a WR. Then going off what I am hearing from camp from people who I trust to be evaluating objectively. Early in camp Raymond was just blowing people away with his speed. As camp went on Corners caught on to this which is why he needs more time to develop and learn how to run a crisper route. Just had this conversation last night with my wife on how college WR's just don't have the technique down and route tree to always succeed day 1 as a WR. Sometimes they need a year or two to develop. Heck we had this with our very own D. Thomas. He was big, physical, and fast bu7t not much else when it came to actually being an NFL WR. He worked hard on learning the route tree and learning how to use his feet to get open to now be one of the top WR's in the league.
Right. Base it on his college tape where the special team play is about half as talented and coached like in the NFL along with the defences in the Pac 12 in Addisons case. But for sure let's base their play in practice and training also where there's minimum contact,etc. Please, you can throw that mud at many on here and get it to stick, but sorry, It certainly won't stick with me. :) I'm basing MY comments on what I've seen and what I haven't seen from those two in the first two preseason games so far. Like I said ALSO was, either one will have to look pretty decent in return game these last two games and make a little noise at wr if they even want to be PS guys. That's it. I hope you and DC are right and prove my guess wrong. Yippee ! :)