• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

53-man roster projection

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the 53 Man Roster ... Kyle Peko is on it .. Not sure where in info came from that he was waived, but he made the 53

Denver Broncos | Roster

24 hours ago he was actually on the cut list. Elway and company had called him into their office and informed him they were going to let him go. Then when they woke up this morning Elway and Kubiak got back together and both decided they wanted him on the team. Happens with that 53rd-55th players where they go back and forth on them.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did Gilbert get traded but he also got traded to a team in the Browns division in the Steelers. Watch him excel there. #GoodOleBrowns

Usually if you are willing to trade within your own division it is because you know this player is terrible. Honestly Gilbert is what I feared Roby could be. A highly athletic player that didn't always have great technique. Which hey worked well in college as they had that incredible make up speed if they did take a bad step but in the NFL that is just not the case. Thankfully Roby has proven that he wants to be great at his craft. I would say Roby also landed in a great spot with 2 All-Pro caliber Corners already on the roster to teach and push the kid.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Austin Davis signing at all. Athletic QB that has experience in a few different systems. Hopefully we don't have to rely on him any time soon but always good to have that option. Have to see the Contract though to really see what one might think.

Now the nice thing for the Broncos is with the Colquitt cut, Sanchez cut, and Hillman cut they should have close to $14 million or more in cap space. Gives them room to either get Sanders locked up long-term or maybe sign a play like Josh Sitton to play RG for us. Heck would probably have room to do both now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually if you are willing to trade within your own division it is because you know this player is terrible. Honestly Gilbert is what I feared Roby could be. A highly athletic player that didn't always have great technique. Which hey worked well in college as they had that incredible make up speed if they did take a bad step but in the NFL that is just not the case. Thankfully Roby has proven that he wants to be great at his craft. I would say Roby also landed in a great spot with 2 All-Pro caliber Corners already on the roster to teach and push the kid.

Yeah and there have been several Browns vets including Karlos Dansby the year he played for Cleveland who have called Gilbert out because of his attitude and work ethic.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and there have been several Browns vets including Karlos Dansby the year he played for Cleveland who have called Gilbert out because of his attitude and work ethic.

Yeah I've heard quite a few stories about how terrible his work ethic is and how he became quite the locker room cancer. Maybe a veteran locker room like the Steelers can get him on track but I just think this is one of those guys with all the talent in the world but just does not have the heart and head to play this game at the pro level. Right now I would think it would take a really really humbling moment to maybe wake him up and I'm not sure getting traded to the Steelers is enough.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I always hate when a really good talent is on a bad team, lazy, a bad teammate etc, and then they end up getting traded to a team like the Steelers or Patriots.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. I always hate when a really good talent is on a bad team, lazy, a bad teammate etc, and then they end up getting traded to a team like the Steelers or Patriots.

Well we have benefited some from that. Knighton comes to mind as he definitely wore out his welcome in Jacksonville and the Broncos were the benefactors of that getting him pretty cheap. But then again he wore out his welcome here in Denver pretty quickly.

To me you rarely see those type of players go to a new organization and all of a sudden go from a bad teammate to a good one. It does happen as they get surrounded by guys who invest in them but usually by that point a lot of those bad habits have been ingrained in the player.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree with that. And if it does happen it usually doesn't last long. (Pot Roast as an example for us)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say I would not be shocked if the Broncos make two more moves today or tomorrow.

My guess is an OL player and also bring in a TE. Obviously the 2 big names right now are Jace Amaro the TE for the Jets that was released and Josh Sitton of the Packers.

Other names to keep an eye on

Jeremiah Poutasi
Gabe Write of the Lions--Offers some speed at the DE position for us
Geoff Schwartz--another veteran OL player that the Broncos could use

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind the Austin Davis signing at all. Athletic QB that has experience in a few different systems. Hopefully we don't have to rely on him any time soon but always good to have that option. Have to see the Contract though to really see what one might think.

Now the nice thing for the Broncos is with the Colquitt cut, Sanchez cut, and Hillman cut they should have close to $14 million or more in cap space. Gives them room to either get Sanders locked up long-term or maybe sign a play like Josh Sitton to play RG for us. Heck would probably have room to do both now.

I would think the Broncos do have room for both. Sanders contract for 2016 is already reconciled against the cap for 2016. All that savings from those cuts are against this year's cap as well. An extension for Sanders may include some bonus money on this year's cap (not sure how those things actually work) but signing a player like Sitton to a 1 year deal would come against this year's cap while the out years on Sander's extension would come against those respective years.

I also really like the Austin Davis signing. Dirt cheap and actually a reliable enough backup to give a start in the event of injury. I think he's some solid insurance at the position given Siemian and Lynch together have only 1 regular season snap between them, and that was a kneel down!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Davis really should have been starting in Cleveland last year when McCown went down.

He isn't gonna win ya games but he isn't gonna lose you games either. Really a good emergency QB for us if we ever have to go that route.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys taken the time to look at the depth this team has at WR? DT, Sanders, Latimer, Fowler, Norwood and Taylor. This is insane depth at that position. From Latimer on down any of them would be a solid #2 on the Chiefs roster and many others. I wonder if Latimer will break out this year. I understand there were trust issues between he and Manning. Taylor...no film on this guy other than pre-season. It's tough to spread the ball around to a group this talented, and DT and Sanders are the only two that have a shot at 1000+ receiving yards. But if there is an injury at WR, this team will still be in good shape with this talented group.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you guys taken the time to look at the depth this team has at WR? DT, Sanders, Latimer, Fowler, Norwood and Taylor. This is insane depth at that position. From Latimer on down any of them would be a solid #2 on the Chiefs roster and many others. I wonder if Latimer will break out this year. I understand there were trust issues between he and Manning. Taylor...no film on this guy other than pre-season. It's tough to spread the ball around to a group this talented, and DT and Sanders are the only two that have a shot at 1000+ receiving yards. But if there is an injury at WR, this team will still be in good shape with this talented group.
True. As long as you have a qb that can get them the opportunities and a run game to go with it, skies the limit with those guys. :) We hope for the best. Go offense !

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not often a team has all of their draft picks make their active roster. I am going to guess this is the first time a Super Bowl winning team had all their draft picks make their squad.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crash Dummy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Neary a player we had in camp signed with the Eagles PS.