• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Stocks Up - Stocks Down

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yeah- I am not surprised 8 teams had him as a first round pick- At one point in October of the college football season he had a national grade as the #1 overall pick and fell when teams begin looking at exclusive film on him. Lynch, Goff and Wentz really were scrambled last year among people on their board. Lynch dropped towards the end of the season and into workouts. Most had late rd 1, early rd 2 grade on him by draft time. He had a national grade of late rd 1, early rd 2 as well.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Broncos on draft day had been calling clear up to around pick 10 in the draft from what I understand. I don't think you start making calls up that high unless you actually have a 1st round grade on the player. And I do know for a fact Broncos had a 1st round grade on Paxton. They did not view him as a reach at all. People have to remember that teams have a much different way of evaluating players than that of analyst/media people. Heck even us as fans we get a small picture of what a team has on a player. They get the chance to interview, look into the past of a player interviewing family, teammates, coaches and so on.

Of course they had a first rd grade on him. You don't trade up for someone in round 1 that you have a second round grade on.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course they had a first rd grade on him. You don't trade up for someone in round 1 that you have a second round grade on.

I thought this entire conversation was geared towards the Broncos panicked because another team (the Cowboys) were trying to trade up so they reached for Lynch. Just showing for the Broncos they didn't view him as a reach. Heck people would be shocked who was #2 on the Broncos' board this year from the draft.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh I dunno about that convo. I wasn't part of that reaction to the pick. Gotcha.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh I dunno about that convo. I wasn't part of that reaction to the pick. Gotcha.

Sorry hard keeping track of where this whole conversation about Paxton has gone. This is where I stand. Right now there is just so much up in the air with him. Yeah he hasn't exactly shown improvement from year 1 to year 2. I could argue that Aaron Rodgers regressed from year 1 to year 2 as well which is why the Packers kept using draft picks on QB's after taking Rodgers until after his first year starting. He was viewed as a 2 year project and I'm willing to give him his 2 years to see what he can do. The athleticism and arm are there to be successful. If he can get the mental side of things down the Broncos could have something. Obviously so far that is a big fat no.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be nice when the season starts so we can talk about something other then the QB position. Obviously still going to be talked about a lot, but right now it is the single most eyeballed thing about our team. Sooner or later when we start winning a few games we can focus on the good and see what happens at the QB position as the season carries on.

I agree with that Mingo said before. At some point Paxton will get another shot this season, and he will either live or die as a Bronco with that opportunity.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the Chiefs and Cowboys interested in him, but can't imagine 8 teams total. Not saying that is wrong, but might be a frabricated report to make the pick look better then it was and justify it a bit more. Doesn't really matter though how many were looking to move up for him at this point. He just simply isn't turning out.

Cardinals and Steelers also were interested from what I have been told

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all hear different stories, doesn't matter I guess. I just want to see him step up as a Bronco, no matter if there was 1 team , 32 teams, 1st rd grade, 6th round grade..

Sounds like maybe from talking to Carl that some thought we panicked and reached. That wouldn't be the case here... Paxton's value is right about where he went. Sometimes you just have bad luck. I wasn't particular a Lynch fan in the draft process but I got why some were and hoped those people were right. Still hope they are. Just not real excited about it right now, but hoping for the best.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of stocks up

Bears gave Charles Leno a nice contract today, a bit surprising on the figures to me.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he could be a good RT

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think he could be a good RT

Agree with that, and not that he is a bad LT by any means, but he is now the 14th highest paid LT..

Good for him though beings he was a 7th rd pick. Just a bit surprised he got that contract right now.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Dr Cyanide 28 FSU homer.

I guess Ill probably be called one too for my love for Derwin James. Which couldn't be any further from the truth being a Florida fan. lol

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock on the trade block.