• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronco Bits

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have already put McCarron on the shopping block.

Just like it was crazy to think Wade Phillips might go somewhere, yes.. McCarron is up for trade as the team announced.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested, for the right price.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julius Thomas expected to be cut. Any interest with McCoy back?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on the Price. I'd basically be making him prove himself all over on a low end contract.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also expected to be cut

Jets WR Brandon Marshall
Packers CB Sam Shields (May have to hang it up due to concussions)
Chargers CB Brandon Flowers

Riley Reiff not expected to be re-signed by Lions

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say no to Julius Thomas - even though the Broncos have not had success with the TE since he left. You can't have a player who plays just when he feels like it.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT kind of burned some bridges on his way out of town. Anybody else remember his dad actually getting on some fan websites and just going off on Bronco fans? He also got ticked when a report came out that he wasn't a hard worker and wasn't actually hurt but was just saving himself for FA which really rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.

If the price is right then maybe but he still has shown he won't play through even minor injuries so you might only get him for about half the season.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JT kind of burned some bridges on his way out of town. Anybody else remember his dad actually getting on some fan websites and just going off on Bronco fans? He also got ticked when a report came out that he wasn't a hard worker and wasn't actually hurt but was just saving himself for FA which really rubbed a lot of players the wrong way.

If the price is right then maybe but he still has shown he won't play through even minor injuries so you might only get him for about half the season.

This is a guy Peyton Manning made a lot of money - have a nice retirement J. Thomas.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price would definitely have to be right, and he is a bit of a puss.....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The price would definitely have to be right, and he is a bit of a puss.....

I thought you were out hunting Elk for the money shot - of gunning down an Elk and having its antlers spear a 10 lb trout in the river as it falls?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bengals have already put McCarron on the shopping block.

Just like it was crazy to think Wade Phillips might go somewhere, yes.. McCarron is up for trade as the team announced.
That is very surprising imo. Who else does Bengals have behind Dalton ? Can't think who.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is very surprising imo. Who else does Bengals have behind Dalton ? Can't think who.

I think the thought is you are going to lose him in a year anyway to FA. So if you can get a good pick for him now then it could be worth it. Same with the Patriots in shopping Jimmy G. You want to at least get something for your investment and with teams desperately trying to find a QB if they think the player has some potential they are willing to trade quite a bit.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the thought is you are going to lose him in a year anyway to FA. So if you can get a good pick for him now then it could be worth it. Same with the Patriots in shopping Jimmy G. You want to at least get something for your investment and with teams desperately trying to find a QB if they think the player has some potential they are willing to trade quite a bit.
Yeah Cd I get that and normally it makes sense but it seems more critical than in past to have quality backup these days and to me anyway, their is a very small pot available in whole nfl. I do think your spot on that guys like McCarrens agents know this and the price to hold onto these guys has jumped considerably recently.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Cd I get that and normally it makes sense but it seems more critical than in past to have quality backup these days and to me anyway, their is a very small pot available in whole nfl. I do think your spot on that guys like McCarrens agents know this and the price to hold onto these guys has jumped considerably recently.

Agreed quality back up does seem to be an important piece. I think 2 seasons ago 50% of all starters in the league missed games at the QB position. At the same time if you can get a quality draft pick for a guy got to trade them. I mean look at Philly getting a huge steal trading Bradford for a 1st and more. I would take that in a heart beat for a back up QB even if it means the position has been weakened a bit.

I think it might have been Bill Polian when somebody asked him about Peyton Manning going down with injury and why they don't train up the back ups more just in case. And Polian said something along the lines of if Peyton goes down we are screwed no matter what.

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed quality back up does seem to be an important piece. I think 2 seasons ago 50% of all starters in the league missed games at the QB position. At the same time if you can get a quality draft pick for a guy got to trade them. I mean look at Philly getting a huge steal trading Bradford for a 1st and more. I would take that in a heart beat for a back up QB even if it means the position has been weakened a bit.

I think it might have been Bill Polian when somebody asked him about Peyton Manning going down with injury and why they don't train up the back ups more just in case. And Polian said something along the lines of if Peyton goes down we are screwed no matter what.

while this is true, dalton isn't prime manning. And having a good backup can be a big difference. Imagine if we didn't have brock last year when manning went down. We don't have manning.

McCarron is going to get a chance to start somewhere, so if they can get a 2nd for him now (instead of waiting 2 years for a comp pick) they pry will take it. A risk of course, but just squeezing a tad more value from him

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while this is true, dalton isn't prime manning. And having a good backup can be a big difference. Imagine if we didn't have brock last year when manning went down. We don't have manning.

McCarron is going to get a chance to start somewhere, so if they can get a 2nd for him now (instead of waiting 2 years for a comp pick) they pry will take it. A risk of course, but just squeezing a tad more value from him

Well this entire league is about risk/reward. Sometimes it pays off and other times makes you look like a fool. To me if some team is willing to offer a 2nd round pick for McCarron then I take that. I don't view McCarron as the difference between winning a Super Bowl and losing it. Yeah Dalton isn't Manning in his prime and McCarron can go out and win you a few more games but again if we are talking Super Bowls not just winning some games then I take my chance on that draft pick being of great value.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting because I'd say McCarron has a Dalton like ceiling.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting because I'd say McCarron has a Dalton like ceiling.

And we have seen what Dalton can do. good enough to win you some games but not good enough to probably win you a Super Bowl unless he is absolutely surrounded by ridiculous talent.

Again if we are in the business of winning Super Bowls then have to take some risks and getting a high draft pick for a back up QB is a pretty good gamble to take.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Only if we can get him for a six-pack of Coors Light and a bag of Doritos. And that's even pushing it.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we have seen what Dalton can do. good enough to win you some games but not good enough to probably win you a Super Bowl unless he is absolutely surrounded by ridiculous talent.

Again if we are in the business of winning Super Bowls then have to take some risks and getting a high draft pick for a back up QB is a pretty good gamble to take.
My take on this was a backup that can win you some games till the starter comes back and your not in a bad place to make playoffs. Not talking SB, a guy that can keep the team in the running till then. If you lose your starting Qb for season early on, there isn't a backup out there right now on any team that could get team to SB. I'm talking stop-gap guy and there is very few of them. Those guys are important to save the season, not the Lombardi and I can only think of a couple right now on the top 10 teams that have a guy that could hold the fort.