• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things...

1) NFL money is not all just in the bank. With non-guaranteed contracts, unlike the other major sports, players have to keep playing at a high level to maximize the value of the contract. Just using an example from your own team we have Bruce Irvin. He signed a 4-year/$37 million contract. Only $14.5 million of that is guaranteed. The rest of it he has to actually earn or be cut. The next two seasons none of his money is guaranteed. If he wants to stay with the Raiders he has to up his game the rest of the year to prove he deserves to stay on this roster. Right now he has not come close to that. It is the same with lots of other players. They will quickly find themselves out of work if they do not continue to play well.

2) As for holding the Broncos to field goals they kept shooting themselves in the foot with penalties. Good drives kept getting stalled and leading to them having to kick field goals. That game should have been over at half time but the offense just couldn't finish things off. They struggled the week before against Buffalo with the same issue. So I wouldn't look at how they stopped the Broncos in the red zone as some big sign that they are a great defense. The broncos were a bottom-10 offense last year. And I told you the offense will have its struggles this year and could be the downfall of the Broncos. That is the weakness of the team. Also doesn't help that our field goal kicker is in a slump so far this year. So missed points that should have been on the board.

3) And again we will have to agree to disagree. I think the Raiders problems go way beyond just the protests. I do think they have a talent void on the defensive side of the ball and Lynch is nowhere near living up to the hype that was given him. Throw in Cooper for about 16 games now has been a shell of himself making that offense limited. And of course you know my thoughts on Del Rio and thinking he is not a good coach and will hold back the Raiders. I predicted an 8-8 season before the start of the year and before the start of the protests for a reason. Heck I didn't even pick the Broncos to win the division. So it isn't me being a homer to pick against the Raiders as I picked the Chiefs to win the division. It is just what I see with the talent void for them and playing a much tougher schedule than the year before. Throw in I didn't figure they would keep up the pace of turnovers they had the year before. And hey all of that has played out exactly as I said.
All NFL players have money in the bank dude. That's if they know how to save money, ya know. And that's what the whole money thing came into play. Bruce Irvin has 14M in the bank as well as his yearly payday dude. Oh I understand they have to earn the rest. The point here is, they have a lot loot in the bank already.

And that the RAIDERS too kept shooting themselves in the foot as well. Flags, Drops, a well place ball late in the game from Manuel to Cook that would of been a TD. So I mean, the RAIDERS can too use that excuse.
The RAIDERS are not playing as a unit right now, and everybody but apparently you know this. And really I think you do know that, but just don't want to admit it cd. And I have no problem with that man. I'm cool with it.

How can the RAIDERS problems go beyond the protest when they dominated the Titans and the Jets? Who BTW are NOT the worse team in football like some said.
You I'm sure heard the reports out there about this team, and how they made a huge freakin deal about the RAIDERS sitting, blah blah blah. Carr who is a hard core conservative Christian and who I'm pretty sure voted for Trumpocalypse along with the players protesting Trump just didn't go well in that locker room.
The RAIDERS were picked by most and I mean most for a SB contender go to DC and protest and it ALL falls apart!? Yeah ok dude I'm sure that had nothing to do why our team is playing like sheet. Other players and teams that are divided is legit bUt not the RAIDERS.

Let me ask you a question? I'm sure by now you heard what Mike Ditka has said?
Do you think politics divided his view point? I'm mean this is football icon that said that. This man has been in the game like forever and has coached 1000s of players.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All NFL players have money in the bank dude. That's if they know how to save money, ya know. And that's what the whole money thing came into play. Bruce Irvin has 14M in the bank as well as his yearly payday dude. Oh I understand they have to earn the rest. The point here is, they have a lot loot in the bank already.

And that the RAIDERS too kept shooting themselves in the foot as well. Flags, Drops, a well place ball late in the game from Manuel to Cook that would of been a TD. So I mean, the RAIDERS can too use that excuse.
The RAIDERS are not playing as a unit right now, and everybody but apparently you know this. And really I think you do know that, but just don't want to admit it cd. And I have no problem with that man. I'm cool with it.

How can the RAIDERS problems go beyond the protest when they dominated the Titans and the Jets? Who BTW are NOT the worse team in football like some said.
You I'm sure heard the reports out there about this team, and how they made a huge freakin deal about the RAIDERS sitting, blah blah blah. Carr who is a hard core conservative Christian and who I'm pretty sure voted for Trumpocalypse along with the players protesting Trump just didn't go well in that locker room.
The RAIDERS were picked by most and I mean most for a SB contender go to DC and protest and it ALL falls apart!? Yeah ok dude I'm sure that had nothing to do why our team is playing like sheet. Other players and teams that are divided is legit bUt not the RAIDERS.

Let me ask you a question? I'm sure by now you heard what Mike Ditka has said?
Do you think politics divided his view point? I'm mean this is football icon that said that. This man has been in the game like forever and has coached 1000s of players.

Obviously players have some money in the bank. Not all of them have Bruce Irvin type money. The bottom half of the roster for example has most of them making $1 million or less and are players usually looking to get replaced by the next set of cheap options. So those players for sure have to play their hearts out to keep a job in the NFL. An NFL career averages something like 3-years. And when most of those guys are making league minimum that money dries up in a hurry.

And I have said they are not playing like a unit. Again I blame that on coaching. Not sure why this is not coming across clearly. I have said that Del Rio is doing a terrible job getting this team on the right track. They are all out of sorts. I have said though that is not the only issue they have. Same with the protests as that is not the ONLY issue. I think on defense they have a lack of talent big time. And the fact that even though that was the issue last year that held the team back they still devoted most of their FA resources to the Offensive side of the ball. I thought that was a dumb move and well it is coming back to bite them. Then throw in the offense being all out of sorts and it has led to some major struggles.

And again when have I said that it the Raiders are the only team it isn't effecting? Seriously do we just need to be done with this conversation if you are not actually going to read what I write and just make up your own narrative? I have said the Raiders have a host of issues going on with the protests being some of that issue. I have said other teams have the same thing going on though and have found ways to rise above it and still play good football. It is why I put a lot of the issues for the Raiders on Del Rio because it is his responsibility to not let those things derail a possible good season.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously players have some money in the bank. Not all of them have Bruce Irvin type money. The bottom half of the roster for example has most of them making $1 million or less and are players usually looking to get replaced by the next set of cheap options. So those players for sure have to play their hearts out to keep a job in the NFL. An NFL career averages something like 3-years. And when most of those guys are making league minimum that money dries up in a hurry.

And I have said they are not playing like a unit. Again I blame that on coaching. Not sure why this is not coming across clearly. I have said that Del Rio is doing a terrible job getting this team on the right track. They are all out of sorts. I have said though that is not the only issue they have. Same with the protests as that is not the ONLY issue. I think on defense they have a lack of talent big time. And the fact that even though that was the issue last year that held the team back they still devoted most of their FA resources to the Offensive side of the ball. I thought that was a dumb move and well it is coming back to bite them. Then throw in the offense being all out of sorts and it has led to some major struggles.

And again when have I said that it the Raiders are the only team it isn't effecting? Seriously do we just need to be done with this conversation if you are not actually going to read what I write and just make up your own narrative? I have said the Raiders have a host of issues going on with the protests being some of that issue. I have said other teams have the same thing going on though and have found ways to rise above it and still play good football. It is why I put a lot of the issues for the Raiders on Del Rio because it is his responsibility to not let those things derail a possible good season.
Oh I understand that dude. But in moments of raw emotion players just say, what the heck man I'm going all in with whatever they protest. Everybody is like that for the most part. Money is not a factor when the mind is made up.

And that's my whole argument dude. Not playing as a unit because of the protest and fighting and now the team is in freefall and its very hard to get that momentum back. Now I'm starting to look to JDR as its his team and he should of put a STOP to it before its gets completely out of hand. Once the players tune him out its OVER.
And as for the defense? I told you it was playing better but its a young defense that's being put together with draft picks so it needed the offense to put the points up. Its NOT ready to play 3/4 of whole game.
And that brings it back to the offense sheeting all over its self and letting Carr get hurt. Its a divided team man.
The first two games the defense shined because it had the offense doing what they PAY them to do.
And now its all beat up. 2 starting LBs along with 2 Starting corners injured!! One of our DL players busted. Hell, we just picked up some dude named Mcray or some sheet like that to play corner cuz we have no more!! They all hurt.

And here you go trying to lump everybody all together. Man brah it don't work that way. Whats good for me might not be good for you. People are just different and react different to whatever they are going though. Some it motivates while others it don't. In football, that's were the HC takes control of the team and lets them know whats up.

Anyways, get ready for more drama? Some Union in Texas is going against Jerry Jones for making his players stand. Wilbon called him a slave owner, and on and on and on!! Do you not see how this game is being ruined?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So word on the street is that Bowman and the RAIDERS are talking, Hmmm

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So word on the street is that Bowman and the RAIDERS are talking, Hmmm
Well so far at least 8 teams are talking to him so the Raiders and a quarter of the league are in the same boat. He wants to go to a contender so that eliminates the Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so far at least 8 teams are talking to him so the Raiders and a quarter of the league are in the same boat. He wants to go to a contender so that eliminates the Raiders.
Well of course more than just the RAIDERS are talking to him. He's a good player. Our starting rookie MLB is hurt and out for who knows how long. The RAIDERS have talk to him though, now whether they sign him remains to be seen. We have the money so that won't be a problem. I guess it just depends on who wants him more.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyways, i would be a little surprised if Reggie opened up the wallet and signed Bowman. The other rookie MLB Morrow gets the starting gig for now.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course more than just the RAIDERS are talking to him. He's a good player. Our starting rookie MLB is hurt and out for who knows how long. The RAIDERS have talk to him though, now whether they sign him remains to be seen. We have the money so that won't be a problem. I guess it just depends on who wants him more.

I"m mostly just messing with you. I would say the Raiders have as good of a shot as anybody to get him. Makes a lot of sense where he doesn't even have to move if he goes to play for the Raiders. Some might depend a bit on if they win or lose tomorrow. If they lose and get into a 4 game hole to the Chiefs and 4 game hole to the Broncos then hard to want to go to a team that looks like they are on the outside of the playoffs looking in.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m mostly just messing with you. I would say the Raiders have as good of a shot as anybody to get him. Makes a lot of sense where he doesn't even have to move if he goes to play for the Raiders. Some might depend a bit on if they win or lose tomorrow. If they lose and get into a 4 game hole to the Chiefs and 4 game hole to the Broncos then hard to want to go to a team that looks like they are on the outside of the playoffs looking in.
He's visiting the RAIDERS this week so it could happen. We are depleted at LB they all hurt so it makes sense. Lets see what happens. And agreed, the RAIDERS cant afford to lose anymore. Lets see what happens there as well. Division rival game.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after watching some early football its CLEAR the refs are helping the Pats beat the Jets!! This is a reason why football is starting to decline. I mean they make that cheating so obvious to anybody that's watching.
The Pats are better for the ratings if they continue to win then that of the Jets!
I would be shocked if the league lets the Jets win that game. A call here a no call there completely changes momentum of games..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So after watching some early football its CLEAR the refs are helping the Pats beat the Jets!! This is a reason why football is starting to decline. I mean they make that cheating so obvious to anybody that's watching.
The Pats are better for the ratings if they continue to win then that of the Jets!
I would be shocked if the league lets the Jets win that game. A call here a no call there completely changes momentum of games..
Its like if I could see into the future!! :)

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WWE. And the funny part is? The sports media is just like the people that call those WWE shows. They are ALL part of the show.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It must be great to be a Ref? Get paid to call games then get paid to fix games. Double dipping baby!!
WWE all the way.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy, it will be a good move.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shitty day for the AFC West with losses by the Raiders, Chiefs and Broncos. LA Chargers win the day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can stay healthy, it will be a good move.

Definitely a decent signing at this point in the season. Gives them help in a depleted position and some veteran leadership that has been lacking. He is a huge liability in coverage though as he was getting upset with the 49ers because they kept taking him out on passing downs. So something to keep an eye on. His run defense though (area of weakness for the Raiders) is top notch so should improve that area of the defense.