• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers regular season thread

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well.. can honestly say I am shocked by Packers offensive performance in Dallas game.
  • Love appears to be opposite of Rodgers when he plays good defenses in playoffs... made some big plays.
  • Helps having A. Jones 100% right now, so hard running and found the holes.
  • Alexander and Savage interceptions were huge.
  • Packers put in the backups a bit early... quick 3 and out and Dallas marched down the field rather quickly.
On to SF... will be the 10th meeting in the postseason (SF 5-4 advantage).

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations on being the first seventh seed to get through the first round. Good luck with SF.

Thank you...first half of your game is awesome...good luck

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An up and down season for sure but they are putting it together at the right time of the year.

Onto San Fran the team that has been the biggest deamon for the Packers in many years as they have tried to advance through the playoffs

1705291926046.png

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked the world!!!! I thought the offense would have some success but I have to give the defense credit. Unfortunately this may save Barry’s job.

Well, off to the house of horrors. Maybe Love can pull off what Rodger’s never could.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is set up to finish the season doing the 3 things Aaron Rodgers was best at.

1. Beating the Bears in the regular season
2. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs
3. Losing to the 49ers in the playoffs

Let's do it!
Just gonna leave this here. . .

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just gonna leave this here. . .
If Love and company can go into SanFran and win...1. I would be sold on Love as GBs next franchise QB and 2. Give them a hell of a chance of winning the whole damn thing. im trying to stay grounded but its hard not getting excited after smoking the cowboys in their house. The victory is so much sweeter here in cowboy country. People are still walking around here stunned like they got hit by a freight train.

COME ON DEFENSE!!!!! FIND A WAY!!!!!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB vs SF tidbits
  • Jordan Love 2nd playoff start (3 TDs / 0 ints) / Brock Purdy 4th playoff start (3 TDs / 0 ints)… left game vs Philly early due to injury
  • Coaches post season
    • MLF 3-3 postseason... 0-2 vs SF
    • Shanahan 6-3 (loss Super Bowl 2019 season to KC 31-20), knocked Packers out of playoffs 2019, 2021
  • Offensive scoring
    • SF – 3rd 28.9/game
    • GB - 12th 22.5/game
  • Defensive scoring
    • SF – 3rd 17.5/game
    • GB - 10th 20.6/game
  • Kickers
    • 49ers Moody - 21 / 25 on FGs, 60 / 61 extra points - SF ending drives with TDs and not FGs
    • Pack Carlson - 27 /33 FGs, 34 / 39 extra points
  • Packers 0 pro bowl selections / 49ers 9, offense: Purdy, McCaffrey, Juszczyk, Kittle, Williams defense: Bosa, Hargrove, Warner, Ward
  • No former Badgers in this game
  • Former Packers with SF -> Owen Burks (ST and backup LB), Johnny Holland lb coach
  • 49ers 5-3 at home this year, but sat starters in week 18. Losses at home: Bengals, Ravens and Rams (sat starters)
  • 10th meeting between SF and GB in playoffs (SF 1 game edge 5-4)
    • GB wins: 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001
    • SF wins: 1998, 2012, 2013, 2019, 2021
    • 10 times is new NFL record for most times meeting in playoffs
    • All meetings in last 29 years... so for the past 3 decades we see each other in playoffs on average every 3 years... that is actually amazing
  • This is 5th divisional matchup, 2 times conference championship and 3 times wildcard
Hoping for a good game free of injuries.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a shock last week,but i would be a stunner if green bay wins in san fran.they probably won,t be unprepaired like dallas.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was a shock last week,but i would be a stunner if green bay wins in san fran.they probably won,t be unprepaired like dallas.

Yes... would be shock for me if win this week.

Do think GB offense has grown a lot this year... I think they could make it a game.... really like what they have built on that side of the ball if Love continues to improve.

However... still little faith in Packers run defense... and CMC going to his left around Williams with Juszczyk leading the way could be unstoppable vs Packers. And if Packers have to overload to stop the run... all of a sudden Kittle, Aiyuk and Samuel are torching them downfield.

Packers will need turnovers to have a chance IMO.

Packers are playing one more weekend, cannot complain... think this experience will really help the team. I like the direction this team is headed right now... really happy with 2022 and 2023 drafts right now and if Love continues to improve could be exciting next couple of years.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing about San Frans run game is there is a lot of outside zone and most of the times behind LT Peters. Peters is awesome, but he is going against probably the Packers best edge run defender, Preston Smith, or at the very least the most disciplined at setting an edge. That might help the Packers a little bit, but the 49ers do run other stuff, it's just that seems to be the bread and butter play.

For the Packers to win they're going to need to play the best game they've played all year in all 3 phases of the game. I don't know if they can pull that off. Even if they don't, this team has exceeded my expectations by a lot, so they have some a great base to build on in the future.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple things that really stood out in the Dallas game. 1st is the offensive line play, they really did a number on the Dallas front 7 in the run game and Jones is really good at running through arm tackles and/or making the first guy miss. 2nd is the tackling in the secondary, when they hit the WRs they went down. They do those 2 things as well against San Fran as they did in Dallas they might have a chance. Might is the operative word as I believe San Fran is a different animal.

Honestly, I'm not much of a fan of how "friendly" LaFluer is with Shannahan. I get it, they're friends and have worked together, but at some point that needs to be put aside and LaFluer needs to figure out a way to give Shanny's team a beating, not the other way around as usual.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure unprepared is the right word. I highly doubt the coaching staff took GB lightly. Now the players are a diffferent story. I have been involved in sports my whole life and from personal experience as a player have taken teams lightly and ended up losing. My daughter played on a travel ball fastpitch team and they were mostly smaller than their competition. The bigger girls would take them lightly and wind up losing because of it. Im not saying that is the reason why Dallas lost but i bet it played a part in it. Thats all you heard the whole week before the game from sports "experts" how GB didnt stand a chance against big bad Dallas. Players are human...they can believe the hype. I think the other part to it is maybe GB is a little underrated. The defense is the weak link in my eyes but the offense has been balling lately and hopefully they can keep it rolling.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not sure unprepared is the right word. I highly doubt the coaching staff took GB lightly. Now the players are a diffferent story. I have been involved in sports my whole life and from personal experience as a player have taken teams lightly and ended up losing. My daughter played on a travel ball fastpitch team and they were mostly smaller than their competition. The bigger girls would take them lightly and wind up losing because of it. Im not saying that is the reason why Dallas lost but i bet it played a part in it. Thats all you heard the whole week before the game from sports "experts" how GB didnt stand a chance against big bad Dallas. Players are human...they can believe the hype. I think the other part to it is maybe GB is a little underrated. The defense is the weak link in my eyes but the offense has been balling lately and hopefully they can keep it rolling.
dallas and philly looked grossly unready.i doubt san fran is.good luck though.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a new Niner/Packer playoff game thread up in the Niner forum. Ya'll cheese heads feel free to stop by and give your opinion (but don't break anything). I'll have warned the Niner fans that you're coming by, so you are expected and that means you can keep your shoes on. :D

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've got a new Niner/Packer playoff game thread up in the Niner forum. Ya'll cheese heads feel free to stop by and give your opinion (but don't break anything). I'll have warned the Niner fans that you're coming by, so you are expected and that means you can keep your shoes on. :D
Hoping GB at least gives the 9ers a game tomorrow. Even better if they give em a scare!

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Niners win big today obviously but great job beating Dallas! A "rebuilding" year and you are having a season the Bears would dream of. :suds:

As a Niner fan, living on the border of Iowa and Wisconsin. I have heard a lot about the Packers this season and the future looks very promising. I just hope you keep losing to us in the playoffs but keep winning your division.

Think McFly Think

Unaware and Oblivious Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope Niners win big today obviously but great job beating Dallas! A "rebuilding" year and you are having a season the Bears would dream of. :suds:

As a Niner fan, living on the border of Iowa and Wisconsin. I have heard a lot about the Packers this season and the future looks very promising. I just hope you keep losing to us in the playoffs but keep winning your division.
Iowa side or Wisconsin? I grew up in Iowa and I’m trying to remember cities up in that area; Decorah is all that’s springing to mind. Good luck today!