• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 CFB Regular Season thread (AKA: The last year of normal college football)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only 2 days left until we get the return of live football that actually matters! And as usual, I've made this thread for everyone to sound off on what's going on in the regular season. Top 10 lists, predictions, recap segments, they'll all be here!

But until then, let's see who will be under the MOST pressure in 2023.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Games (Part 1- Tomorrow through September 1st)

So it's time for me to do the job I've been doing for 9 years now: Sifting through all of the college football games of a certain week to find the really good ones. Now for this part, I'll be combining the Week Zero games and the early games of Week 1 and seeing what is really worth watching.
And I came up with 7 "must-see" games for the early part of this season, so let's see them (All times are Eastern)!

Navy vs. Notre Dame [from Dublin, Ireland] {2:30, NBC} (How fun will this game look? The 2023 season kicking off in Ireland, with a household name like Notre Dame on the marquee. Although I AM disappointed with the fact that "College Gameday" isn't in Ireland for this game.)

UTEP @ Jacksonville State [5:30, CBS Sports Network] (The first conference game of the 2023 season. Also, it's Jacksonville State's big debut as a member of the FBS as they host UTEP in a winnable game.)

Florida International @ Louisiana Tech [9:00, CBS Sports Network] (Man, the CBS Sports Network lucked out here on Week Zero as they'll have TWO conference games for us. Here, we just have FIU and La-Tech looking to put aside weak showings in 2022 and get 2023 off on the right foot.)

NC State @ UConn [7:30 August 31st, CBS Sports Network] (No, CBS is not paying me to put their games on this list. Seriously though, this may be a great one; UConn wants to continue the climb upwards, while NC State will see their new star players in action for the 1st time.)

Florida @ Utah [8:00 August 31st, ESPN] (This could be the biggest game on the early slate of Week 1. Florida is hoping that it's offense will be ready to win in Utah and shock the Utes again. As for Utah, they'll be hoping that QB Cameron Rising is 100% after his bad injury last season.)

Nebraska @ Minnesota [8:00 August 31st, FOX] (It's the debut of Matt Rhule as the head coach of Nebraska! And he'll be facing a coach that may be a gimmick [P.J. Fleck], but has Minnesota on a good run right now.)

Louisville vs. Georgia Tech [from Atlanta] {8:00 September 1st, ESPN} (It's the debut of Jeff Brohm as the head coach of Louisville! As for Georgia Tech, they're looking for a good upset win here to get their comeback train going.)

...and that's it for- Wait! That's right! I still have predictions to give out! Give me a moment, guys.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Predictions (Part 1- August 26th through September 1st)

And here we go! Let's see how many early predictions I can screw up:

Top 25:
San Jose State 15 @ (6)USC 47
Navy 10 vs. (13)Notre Dame 31
Florida 17 @ (14)Utah 28

Other big games:
UTEP 27
@ Jacksonville State 24
Ohio 18 @ San Diego State 21
Florida International 20 @ Louisiana Tech 37
Kent State 10 @ UCF 46
NC State 30
@ UConn 14
Nebraska 21 @ Minnesota 28
Louisville 34
vs. Georgia Tech 24

...OK, now I'm done for today. If anything happens during Week Zero, I'll let you know.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
August 31st recap
The CFB season is now officially underway, so let me see what has already happened. Last Saturday, USC's offense looked good and so did the new-look Conference USA, as Jacksonville State and Louisiana Tech both got wins.

As for yesterday, Utah didn't have Cameron Rising. But they still kicked butt in their win over Florida (using a 'bend but don't break' defense). Nobody lost to the FCS, although Arizona State and Georgia State came close.

And finally, there was this latest tough loss for the Cornhuskers.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1- Top 10 Games (Part 2: Labor Day Weekend)

So we're on the doorstep of the first full weekend of college football action... and I'm caught in the middle of this whole "Spectrum/Disney dispute" mess. If you want to complain about that, the politics forums are wide-open.
But for me, I'm going to suck it up and get to business, proceeding with...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2023 (Week 1)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Northwestern @ Rutgers [12:00 Sunday, CBS] (Well, at least people like CBS and NBC will be playing nice this weekend. Anyway, enjoy this rare sight of a Big 10 conference game on a Sunday afternoon. And I wonder who will win this: A desperate Rutgers squad, or a deflated Northwestern program.)

9. Toledo @ Illinois [7:30, Big 10 Network] (Here's a game I'll be watching with interest. Illinois is ready to continue their climb upwards in the rankings, but Toledo is not to be underestimated. It could be a low-scoring affair, and one that Toledo can win if their defense holds firm.)

8. South Alabama @ Tulane [8:00, ESPNU] (So the Tulane Green Wave will begin 2 journeys in this game. One journey is learning to win without Tyjae Spears in the backfield, and the other is learning to win as a preseason-ranked squad with expectations. And don't sell short South Alabama; the Jaguars are coming off their first 10-win season ever, and they want more in 2023.)

7. Boise State @ Washington [3:30, ABC] (At least ABC is still on my cable box for the time being. Anyway, Washington begins it's last hurrah in the PAC-12 here, taking on a familiar foe in Boise State. And let's see if Taylen Green can give Washington's defense any problems.)

6. UTSA @ Houston [7:00, FOX Sports 1] (The sleeper game of the week. UTSA needs to get revenge on Houston for last year's loss in order to start their "New Year's Six" campaign on the right foot. As for Houston, they'll be looking to silence the Roadrunners again in their opener and start their Big 12 tenure on a high note.)

5. Ohio State @ Indiana [3:30, CBS] (So it's time to find out what Ohio State's new quarterback Kyle McCord is all about. And it's also time to see if Ohio State's defense can handle the spotlight right away. AND... we'll see if Indiana can do anything to stop the Buckeye hype-train.)

4. Colorado @ TCU [12:00, FOX] (All right! Now we're onto the heavyweights! ...Face it: You'll sneak a peek at this game, and get your first look at what Colorado football will be like with Deion Sanders coaching the team. But TCU's expectations are much different than yours; they want to silence the Buffaloes and get back to being a contender in the Big 12 and on the national stage.)

3. South Carolina vs. North Carolina [from Charlotte] {7:30, ABC} (Nobody can resist a strong border rivalry taking place on a national stage [UNC and USC are facing each other for the 60th time here]. That goes double when you got a proud QB duel between Drake Maye and Spencer Rattler to drool over. But what will decide this game will be everyone else on the field, like the defenses. Which one will rise up?)

2. Clemson @ Duke [8:00 Monday, ESPN] (The Saturday game in Charlotte will be simple, clean fun. But this game on "Tobacco Road" will be all business. Clemson IS the defending ACC champions, but they NEED to get back their mojo of being a national powerhouse. And Duke may be the big underdog, but they're coming off a wonderful 2022 campaign. AND Duke has a QB they can trust in Riley Leonard. Can Clemson trust Cade Klubnik as their QB? Or are they in for another shocking fall?)

1. LSU vs. Florida State [7:30 Sunday, ABC] (The biggest game of Week 1 by a country mile. Both LSU and Florida State want to get that big boost for their CFP chances... but only 1 team can claim it.)

Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Virginia vs. Tennessee, Fresno State @ Purdue, and West Virginia @ Penn State.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first Saturday of the year is done. About the Colorado/TCU stunner... Well, I was just like all of you guys: Impressed. Deion Sanders have made his whole living out of surprising people and critics.

But don't forget: There were other games on this Saturday.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2023 Good and Bad-Week 1

With Week 1 finally over, it's time for me to dig through all the results and give you a definitive recap And that's because I boil it down to 2 simple things: What was good, and what was bad this week? Here we go!

It was a good week for:
Tobacco Road teams (NC State, Wake Forest, and App. State all took care of business in their openers. North Carolina looked great in their win over South Carolina. But the headline act turned out to be Duke! What a moment for the Blue Devils last night, beating Clemson for their first win over a Top-10 team since 1989.
WR Dylan Edwards (Shedeur Sanders was awesome for Colorado in that big win at TCU, but Dylan also played a big hand as he got 3 TD's in his first major CFB game.)
Florida State (Oh yeah! FSU is now a BIG favorite to make the playoff after their win over LSU last Sunday. And they didn't need to block a PAT this time around; the 2nd half was all Seminoles!)
Oregon (It might have been against a FCS school, but you gotta be impressed with a team that scores 81 points in a game.)

It was a bad week for:
The FCS (Albany [against Marshall] and Maine [against FIU] came the closest last Saturday, but in Week 1 the FCS got NO wins over the FBS.)
Clemson (Paul Finebaum is already saying that Clemson's run of dominance is over after last night. Considering that Dabo won't let his players get paid and that the offense sucked against Duke, maybe Paul has a point.)
My favorites in the "Group of Five" (In my picks, I liked South Alabama to beat Tulane and for UTSA to get revenge against Houston. Oops! Neither of them got the job done.)

...and I'm done! Get some rest, folks, because Week 2 is gonna be SUPER BUSY.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the first Saturday of the year is done. About the Colorado/TCU stunner... Well, I was just like all of you guys: Impressed. Deion Sanders have made his whole living out of surprising people and critics.

I'm not sure what to think of what Colorado did.

On the one hand, they were 20 point dogs on the road, they were playing last years NC runner up and they won the game.

On the other hand, TCU lost that NC game 65-7, lost 2 of their last 3 at the end of the season, started this season ranked #17 (which seems a steep drop after being NC runner up) and were playing a team that they literally had no tape on.

It was a great win for that program, no doubt. But I'm interested to see what happens as teams start having more info to prepare for them.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2- Top 10 Games

So the NFL season kicks off tonight. That means that everyone has football on the brain, which means I must jump in with...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2023 [Week 2]

(All times are Eastern)
10. Cincinnati @ Pittsburgh [6:30, CW Network] (Wow. So the CW is going to air something BESIDES talk shows and programs nobody has ever heard of?! All kidding aside, this is a great way for the CW to start their coverage of the ACC: A battle between former Big East rivals. To me, the running game will be key; Pittsburgh's D only allowed -1 yard of rushing last week. But that was against an FCS opponent; let's see it handle a REAL attack.)

9. Illinois @ Kansas [7:30 tomorrow, ESPN2] (This is just a simple battle for recruiting and bragging rights in the Midwest. The big setup for this game is Illinois' battle against Toledo last week... that the Illini only won by 2. Was it just a grand fight from a great Toledo team? Or is the Kansas offense about to feast on a weak Illini defense?)

8. Arizona @ Mississippi State [7:30, SEC Network] (Just another game for bragging rights and recruiting over here. Oh, and we'll begin to see which one of these teams can make a run: The run-happy Bulldogs, or the counter-punching Wildcats.)

7. Stanford @ USC [10:30, FOX] (If only because this is the emotional send-off of a proud PAC-12 rivalry, as the Cardinal face the Trojans for the last time in quite a while. Stanford's secondary will tell us if this game will actually be a good one, as it will try to slow down Caleb and the USC offense.)

6. Wisconsin @ Washington State [7:30, ABC] (Well, time to see what Wisconsin is actually made of! True, the Badgers won their opener under Luke Fickell, but they did struggle a little bit against Buffalo. Now they'll travel to Pullman to face a team that shocked them last year in Madison, and I wanna see who will stand tall.)

5. Texas A&M @ Miami [3:30, ABC] (Now we're getting to the heavyweights! Texas A&M is in the same boat as Wisconsin this week; they looked good in their opener, but now let's see what they got when they visit a "Power 5" team on the road. Miami's offense is the X-factor; what can it do against an Aggie defense that hasn't been tested yet.)

4. Iowa @ Iowa State [3:30, FOX] (Ah! In-state rivals going at each other. It NEVER gets old. And here's a fun fact: Did you know that Iowa State's offense did worse than Iowa's last week? ...So yeah, expect a low-scoring contest and anguish for one side of the state of Iowa.)

3. Notre Dame @ NC State [12:00, ABC] (Hey! Notre Dame is in the same boat as Wisconsin and Texas A&M this week! Yep, the Irish is another team that'll get tested on the road against a tough opponent. And NC State has seen Sam Hartman plenty of times, so he won't faze them.
But what about the other side of the field [the Irish defense vs. the Wolfpack offense]? That should tell us who'll win this big game.)

2. Ole Miss @ Tulane [3:30, ESPN2] (These guys used to be teammates in the SEC a long, LONG time ago. But that's not why this game is all the way up at the #2 spot. Nope, it's because BOTH teams are ranked [which is a rarity]. And because we got a QB duel between Michael Pratt and Jaxson Dart. AND because Tulane can really establish itself as the top "Group of Five" team out there with an upset win.)

1. Texas @ Alabama [7:00, ESPN] (So because of this whole "Disney/Spectrum" mess, Spectrum customers could be out of luck. But for everyone else, here's one of the biggest marquee games of the year! Can Texas do what they couldn't do last year and finish off the Tide? Or will Alabama piss everybody off again and brush the Longhorns aside? More importantly, which defense will break first from all the pressure?)

Best "mid-major" game: UAB @ Georgia Southern (It's a coaching battle for the ages: Trent Dilfer vs. Clay Helton! Don't miss it!)
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Nebraska @ Colorado (Deion's big debut in Boulder... I didn't like Nebraska's chances in this game to begin with. But with Colorado on a high after their win over TCU? Absolutely ZERO chance for the Huskers to come out a winner here.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Vanderbilt @ Wake Forest, Troy @ Kansas State, SMU @ Oklahoma, Oregon @ Texas Tech, and UCLA @ San Diego State.

My prediction segment is coming up tomorrow!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Predictions

So last week, my faith in Florida State paid off while my hopes for UTSA to win fell flat. Let's see who will let me down this week with my Week 2 predictions (FBS vs. FCS games don't count):

Ball State 7 @ (1)Georgia 54
UNLV 10 @ (2)Michigan 42
(11)Texas 27 @ (3)Alabama 37
Southern Miss 9 @ (4)Florida State 49
Stanford 14 @ (6)USC 28
Tulsa 17 @ (8)Washington 42
(10)Notre Dame 31
@ NC State 28
(12)Utah 34 @ Baylor 30
(13)Oregon 37 @ Texas Tech 38
Troy 15 @ (15)Kansas State 33
Appalachian State 20 @ (17)North Carolina 40
SMU 16 @ (18)Oklahoma 39
(19)Wisconsin 30
@ Washington State 28
(20)Ole Miss 35 @ (24)Tulane 23
Nebraska 20 @ (22)Colorado 53
(23)Texas A&M 28
@ Miami 23

Other big games:
Illinois 22 @ Kansas 34
Cincinnati 27 @ Pittsburgh 31
Arizona 26 @ Mississippi State 35
UCLA 27
@ San Diego State 17
Iowa 25 @ Iowa State 20

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant".

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would have thought just 3 maybe 4 years ago that Illinois and Kansas would have been considered in the "other big games" group?

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas beats Alabama!

Whenever anybody gets the better of Nick Saban and Alabama, it's always gonna be headline news.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2- Good and Bad

So now the Weather Channel is saying that Hurricane Lee won't affect the Northeast too much. God, I hope they're right. Anyway, let's get to the "Good/Bad" segment for a busy Week 2.

It was a Good Week for:
Texas QB Quinn Ewers (He was challenged by Hudson Card last year. During the offseason, he was challenged by Arch Manning. But Quinn just had an awesome 4th quarter to beat Alabama. No doubt about it, this is HIS Texas team now.)
Miami QB Tyler Van Dyke (With Tyler's help, Miami was able to pick apart Texas A&M's defense and get a big 48-33 win. THAT'S the Tyler Van Dyke that I missed!)
Colton Boomer (This kicker for UCF saved the bacon of the Knights, as he kicked the last-second field goal that gave UCF the win in Boise.)
James Madison (Shame about Virginia losing their first game in Charlottesville since that tragic shooting. ...But on the other hand, the Dukes now have a landmark win they can crow about forever!)
Mississippi State (They were able to bypass Arizona in OT 31-24. And how about that Bulldog secondary that picked off Jayden de Laura 4 times?)

It was a Bad Week for:
Alabama (For obvious reasons.)
Northern Illinois (Last week, Northern Illinois was beating a ACC team on the road. Yesterday, the Huskies lost to FCS team Southern Illinois. Why can't this program get any CONSISTENCY?!)
The MAC (NIU's loss was just part of a miserable week for the MAC. Nobody got a marquee win, and Buffalo lost to an FCS team AGAIN. Oh, and Akron and Central Michigan almost joined them.)
Texas teams that hate the Longhorns (Baylor coughed up a lead against Utah and then got hosed at the end. Texas Tech blew it against Oregon. Houston lost in double-OT against rival Rice. Teams like SMU, Texas A&M, and North Texas also lost. And the Longhorns will brag about their Alabama win to these 6 schools all freaking year.)
Appalachian State (Hey! App. State was able to scare the pants off of North Carolina for the 2nd year in a row! ...Sadly, UNC would survive and beat the Mountaineers for the 2nd year in a row.)
People who like calm weather (Weather delays plagued games in Chestnut Hill, Blacksburg, and Raleigh yesterday. I know it's a part of the game, but still.)

...and I'm done! If you think I forgot something good or bad, let me know.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3- Top 10 Games

I was a bit surprised when "College Gameday" decided to check up on Deion Sanders and Colorado this week. But I DO get why they did that; there ARE a lot of interesting games to watch this week, but none of them are truly "must-see". So it's up to me to sift through the mess and see what's worth your time.
So here we go with...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2023 (Week 3)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Wyoming @ Texas [8:00, Longhorn Network] (The Longhorns are rightly proud after slaying Alabama, but now let's see if there's any letdown when they return home to host Wyoming. Oh, and the Cowboys have faced a Big 12 team once before [defeating Texas Tech], so I don't think they'll be intimidated.)

9. Penn State @ Illinois [12:00, FOX] (The Big 10 opener for both the Nittany Lions and the Illini. And the X-factor in this game will be Illinois' defense; it got burned by Kansas and Jalon Daniels, so it better have a comprehensive plan for Drew Allar and crew. Oh, and I wanna see how Penn State handles it's first road game of the year.)

8. TCU @ Houston [8:00, FOX] (A dormant rivalry in the state of Texas gets reborn in this game! And Houston wants to start their run in the Big 12 with a major-league win... while TCU does NOT want to start this season at 1-2. If they do, TCU's chances at a return to the playoff is dead.)

7. BYU @ Arkansas [7:30, ESPN2] (This is the first major test that BOTH Arkansas and BYU will have in 2023. We will have a QB duel here between K.J. Jefferson and Kedon Slovis, but the X-factor could be the running game; whoever establishes their run game first could be the winner.)

6. Kansas State @ Missouri [12:00, SEC Network] (Missouri coach Eli Drinkwitz has said that "defense will be the key" in Missouri's rematch with Kansas State from a year ago. You know, the one where K-State crushed Missouri badly? Clearly, the Tigers are hoping to hold back the Wildcats rushing attack this time around.
But did you see Missouri against Middle Tennessee a week ago? The Tiger offense looked lethargic, and it almost costed them the win. Maybe that part of the ball should be woken up, too.)

5. Tennessee @ Florida [7:00, ESPN] (For those of you who watched the latest "SEC Shorts" video, you would have seen Florida fans thinking that the 2023 season is over. Guys! Settle down! You guys haven't lost to Tennessee in "The Swamp" since 2003! And if the Gator offense wakes up and upsets the Vols, I'll bet you guys will be singing a different tune.
But then again, Tennessee QB Joe Milton has been wanting to let loose this season. If he does it here, Florida will be in for a BIG fight.)

4. LSU @ Mississippi State [12:00, ESPN] (This one is actually pretty easy to describe. It's all about LSU; if they win in front of a raucous crowd in Starksville, the Tigers will forget about their Florida State loss and move on with their playoff push. But imagine what could happen if the Bulldogs somehow stop Jayden Daniels and LSU here?)

3. Minnesota @ North Carolina [3:30, ESPN] (The sleeper game of the week. North Carolina has done well so far this season at 2-0, but it has been exhausting; first there was that game against South Carolina, and then they had another scary fight against App. State. Now UNC is hosting Minnesota and their tough defense; let's see if the Tar Heels can beat back another challenger.)

2. South Carolina @ Georgia [3:30, CBS] (Finally, the Georgia Bulldogs are going to get tested in the 2023 season! Time for Carson Beck to take on a strong QB in Spencer Rattler! And let's see what that deep Georgia defense is REALLY all about. About the only reason why this isn't the #1 game of the week is South Carolina's O-line. It hasn't been doing well so far this year, so it HAS to step up for the Gamecocks to have a real chance in Athens.)

1. Washington @ Michigan State [5:00, Peacock] (Wow. Peacock has to be so proud to get one of their exclusive games in the #1 spot on this list. But why didn't they move this game to NBC on primetime? Could it be because of Michigan State's legal problems with their coach Mel Tucker?
Anyway, let's see if the Spartans can overcome that and pay back Washington for that embarrassing loss last year in Seattle. And I wanna see how the Huskies will do in their only trek to the Midwest this season.)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Florida State @ Boston College (Yes, FSU is also on the road for a big conference game. But Boston College only defeated Holy Cross by 3 points? I REALLY don't like their chances here.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Virginia Tech @ Rutgers, Western Kentucky @ Ohio State, Pittsburgh @ West Virginia, and Fresno State @ Arizona State.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3 Predictions

While most people are unwinding from the VMA's, here are my picks for Week 3 (FBS vs. FCS picks don't count):

Top 25:
South Carolina 20 @ (1)Georgia 40
Bowling Green 10 @ (2)Michigan 52
(3)Florida State 47
@ Boston College 14
Wyoming 13 @ (4)Texas 46
Western Kentucky 20 @ (6)Ohio State 49
(7)Penn State 41
@ Illinois 24
(8)Washington 37 @ Michigan State 24
Central Michigan 10 @ (9)Notre Dame 54
(10)Alabama 56
@ USF 7
(11)Tennessee 31 @ Florida 34
Hawaii 17 @ (13)Oregon 48
(14)LSU 37
@ Mississippi State 31
(15)Kansas State 27 @ Missouri 29
San Diego State 13 @ (16)Oregon State 42
Georgia Tech 15 @ (17)Ole Miss 31
Colorado State 10 @ (18)Colorado 41
(19)Oklahoma 53
@ Tulsa 18
Minnesota 22 @ (20)North Carolina 27
Northwestern 15 @ (21)Duke 34
Western Michigan 9 @ (25)Iowa 27

Other big games:

Syracuse 28 @ Purdue 31
Pittsburgh 30
@ West Virginia 24

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "10-Year-Old Tom".

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado State vs. Colorado

No matter what the records are, a rivalry game is still a rivalry game. The above game is a perfect example.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3- Good and Bad

So after a day of near-disasters, it's time for a completely simplistic look at the mess. This was what was good and bad for Week 3 of this season:

It was a Good Week for:
West Virginia coach Neal Brown (West Virginia was able to get revenge against rival Pittsburgh yesterday. Neil is not out of the woods in Morgantown yet, but this result should help.
LSU QB Jayden Daniels (Jayden did almost everything on offense for LSU, as he threw and ran for 2 TD's each. This gave LSU a blowout win over Miss. State to get LSU back into the playoff race.)
Harrison Mevis (My upset pick of Missouri over Kansas State came through, all thanks to Mevis nailing the longest field goal in SEC history [61 yards].)
Florida (Speaking of upset picks, how about the Florida Gators? Their bend-but-don't-break defense did wonders in their win over Tennessee. So Florida STILL hasn't lost at home to the Vols since 2003!)
South Alabama (Lost in all of the madness is what South Alabama was able to do. They went to Stillwater and DOMINATED Oklahoma State, winning 33-7. ...Just thought I'd bring it to your attention.)
Garrett Shrader (What injury problem? Shrader ran for 4 TD's as Syracuse won at Purdue to get to 3-0.)

It was a Bad Week for:
Fans of clean football (Boston College certainly had a chance to upend Florida State, but a boatload of penalties ruined those plans. Ditto for Colorado State in that thriller against Colorado.)
Alabama's quarterbacks (Yes, Alabama won at USF. But only by a score of 17-3? And Ty Simpson got benched, too? And now Nick Saban is saying "the QB position will be evaluated in the days to come"? Ouch.)
Michigan State (So I give these guys the "main-event" spotlight, and they totally wet the bed as Washington destroyed them in East Lansing. And it's looking more likely that MSU will be firing their head coach. Oh, Mel Tucker, you f---ing idiot.)
Cincinnati (Hooray! Miami-Ohio is now holding the "Victory Bell" for the first time since 2005! ...Wait a minute. This is a VERY bad look for the Bearcats, who has their Big 12 opener against Oklahoma coming up next week.)
People in Vegas who make the point spreads (Nearly every game with a Top 10 team and the Colorado/CSU game had a point spread of 20 points or greater. Considering most of the close games we saw yesterday, I'll bet those guys lost a bit of money... or at least be doubted a little bit.)
Stanford coach Troy Taylor (Troy just lost to his former school in Sacramento State. So... yeah, I'd say he still has some work to do in rebuilding Stanford.)

And finally, how about a round of applause for Vanderbilt and UNLV for giving us the best "under-the-radar" game of the week. Okay, I'll see you guys later.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bama this year may be saban,s worst team.for the first time he does,nt have a decent qb and the defense does,nt have a standout player,as a result this will be an awful season at bama.