• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"Fansville" is right... This season will be nuts! (2022 CFB season follow-along thread)

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And with the first great game of the season now in the books, the 2022 CFB season is truly underway! And... this is just a follow-along thread for the season. Predictions, countdowns, reactions... they can all go here.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Top games (Part 1: Today and tomorrow)

And now it's time for the season to begin in earnest! Here are just a couple of games that'll be on tonight and tomorrow (All times are Eastern):

West Virginia @ Pittsburgh [7:00, ESPN] (It's the return of the "Backyard Brawl", as West Virginia and Pittsburgh will face off for the first time in 11 years. You don't need any other setup for this.)

Penn State @ Purdue [8:00, FOX] (If you are gonna watch any game on this list, make it this one. Expectations for Purdue are sky-high, and understandably so. Yet a lot of people [including Kirk Herbstreit] are thinking that Penn State will make a BIG rebound this year. We'll see if Penn State CAN surprise people and win in West Lafayette.)

Illinois @ Indiana [8:00 tomorrow, FOX Sports 1] (Illinois was able to handle Wyoming last week, but now it's time for REAL business. This should be an interesting Big 10 game for two teams that REALLY need to get some positive vibes going.)

TCU @ Colorado [10:00 tomorrow, ESPN] (TCU is starting a brand-new era in this game, while Colorado is trying to forget about an awful 2021 and move forward. Should be fun to see.)

My first prediction segment of the season is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Predictions (Part 1: Tonight and tomorrow)

I haven't really looked at what my prediction record was from a year ago. But then again, a good prognosticator doesn't think about the past; he or she just worries about the future. Let's get to the early games for Week 1:

Top 25:
Central Michigan 17 @ (12)Oklahoma State 38
Western Michigan 14 @ (15)Michigan State 31
West Virginia 31
@ (17)Pittsburgh 24

Other big games:
Penn State 23 @ Purdue 28
Virginia Tech 27
@ Ole Dominion 20
Temple 14 @ Duke 17
Illinois 28
@ Indiana 24
TCU 38 @ Colorado 28

My time's up. You've been great. Tune in tomorrow, when I'll give you guys my Top 10 games for the rest of the week!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On one hand, it was great to see the "Backyard Brawl" live up to all the hype once again. On the other hand, my predictions are off to a horrible start.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Top Games (Part 2- Saturday through Monday)

You know, teams like Akron, FIU, San Jose State, and Northern Illinois had trouble with FCS teams last night. But they all won, so no harm no foul.

As for the weekend, it's time to find out which games are worth stopping for. Yep, it's time for our first Top 10 countdown of the year as we present...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2022 (Week 1)

(All times are Eastern)
10. NC State @ East Carolina [12:00, ESPN] (The hype machine is running at full blast for NC State right now, and now it's time for them to actually play some ball and prove us prognosticators right. But East Carolina doesn't look like a pushover anymore, and if I remember correctly the Wolfpack lost the last 2 times they went to visit the Pirates.)

9. Louisville @ Syracuse [8:00, ACC Network] (Wait. Our home arena is now being called the JMA Wireless Dome? What the hell is JMA Wireless?! ...Naming problems aside, this is a BIG conference opener for both teams as they look to get back some positive vibes. It's Malik Cunningham vs. Garrett Shrader, and I'm REALLY hoping that the pass protection is finally up to snuff for the Orange.)

8. Boise State @ Oregon State [10:30, ESPN] (This is just a simple challenge match on the West Coast. Boise State wants to erase a rough 2021 campaign and resume their roles as a nightmarish "Group of Five" school. Meanwhile, Oregon State is looking for their first season-opening win since 2015, and beating the Broncos would REALLY give their 2022 campaign a boost.)

7. Florida State vs. LSU {from New Orleans} [7:30 Sunday, ABC] (So the Superdome is now being sponsored by Caesars?! ...Honestly, it sounds better than it being sponsored by Mercedes-Benz. Anyway, this stadium will have one of the more intriguing games of the week as NOBODY knows what these 2 teams will do. Oh, and Brian Kelly is starting his tenure at LSU, and all that stuff.)

6. North Carolina @ Appalachian State [12:00, ESPNU] (Speaking of not knowing what will happen, it's time for a rematch between two teams in the state of North Carolina. And last week, UNC unveiled a new starting QB in Drake Maye. Will App. State's defense expose him as a fraud, or did Mack Brown find himself a new field general?)

5. Cincinnati @ Arkansas [3:30, ESPN] (In my Cincinnati preview that I did 3 months ago, I showed admiration for the boldness of the Bearcats; they're starting their season at an SEC school despite losing quite a few people. Well, time to get back to reality; Arkansas football looks to be back, and they want to make a statement in this bout of Top 25 teams. But what if Arkansas fails, and Cincy shocks the CFB world again?)

4. Houston @ UTSA [3:30, CBS Sports Network] (The sleeper game of the week. Houston wants to continue the fun ride they had in 2021, and win on the road in order to kick their "New Year's Six" campaign into gear. But the Roadrunners are coming off their very first conference title, and they're still loaded. This should be an awesome game in the state of Texas.)

3. Utah @ Florida [7:00, ESPN] (Now we're onto the heavyweights! We all know that this is Billy Napier's first game as coach of the Florida Gators. And we all know that Utah is considered the favorite in the PAC-12 this year. On paper, Utah should win this game. But there's always the threat of someone on that Florida team emerging to ruin Utah's party before it even starts. For the sake of my playoff picks, I REALLY hope that doesn't happen.)

2. Oregon vs. Georgia {from Atlanta} [3:30, ABC] (Dan Lanning was Georgia's defensive coordinator last year when the Bulldogs won it all. And now, here he is... in Atlanta, as the new head coach of the Oregon Ducks, ready to face his former school. Oh, and this will be the first major appearance of Georgia's all new defense.)

1. Notre Dame @ Ohio State [7:30, ABC] (It's a matchup of Top 5 teams. And both OSU and Notre Dame are household names. That alone says you need to watch this game. Yet the guys in Vegas have the Buckeyes as a 17-point favorite?! I have the feeling that the Irish will be using that spread as motivation...)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: UTEP @ Oklahoma (I wanted to give this spot Clemson vs. Georgia Tech, but there's always the hope that Clemson's offense will still struggle. So instead, I'm telling you guys to stay away from this game on FOX. Just don't bother; Oklahoma is NOT gonna sleep through 2 straight season openers.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Rutgers @ Boston College, Clemson vs. Georgia Tech, Arizona @ San Diego State, and BYU @ USF.

My prediction segment is next!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Predictions (Part 2- Saturday through Monday)

Now let's get to my picks for the upcoming weekend. Hopefully there won't be any technical glitches this time (FBS vs. FCS games don't count):

Top 25:
Utah State 10 @ (1)Alabama 49
(5)Notre Dame 20 @ (2)Ohio State 31
(3)Georgia 42
vs. (11)Oregon 24
Georgia Tech 10 vs. (4)Clemson 34
(7)Utah 27 @ Florida 31
Colorado State 14 @ (8)Michigan 43
UTEP 7 @ (9)Oklahoma 49
(13)NC State 43
@ East Carolina 24
Rice 7 @ (14)USC 35
(23)Cincinnati 17 @ (19)Arkansas 31
Miami-Ohio 10 @ (20)Kentucky 35
Troy 17 @ (21)Ole Miss 42
(24)Houston 30 @ UTSA 35
(25)BYU 40
@ USF 18

Other big games:
North Carolina 31
@ Appalachian State 28
Rutgers 21 @ Boston College 24
Florida State 20 @ LSU 27
Louisville 38
@ Syracuse 27
Arizona 20 @ San Diego State 24
Boise State 22 @ Oregon State 31

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Holly Hobbie", and have a happy Labor Day weekend!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 1 Recap- Good and Bad

Now I thought that today, I would try out a new segment for this type of thread. I'm gonna take all the games that took place this week, and condense it into a simple formula: What was good, and what was bad?

It was a good week for:
The state of Florida (Last year, Florida State was losing to an FCS team. Now just last night, they blocked a PAT with no time left to get a much-needed prestige win over LSU. Also, my big upset special (Florida over Utah) was able to come to life.)

Exciting finishes (The FSU/LSU game was just the latest in a string of awesome finishes we got in just this first week. The "Backyard Brawl". Bryant vs. FIU. Penn State vs. Purdue. Old Dominion over Virginia Tech. Houston vs. UTSA. North Carolina and NC State escaping by the skin of their teeth. I shudder to think what we'll get the rest of the year.)

The Arizona Wildcats (It may be only one game, but MAN did Arizona look different last Saturday. They actually looked like a REAL team when they won in San Diego State's new stadium.)

The Big 10 (Everyone just took care of business. It's as simple as that. And how good did Ohio State's new defense look against Notre Dame, eh?)

It was a bad week for:
FCS teams taking on FBS teams (Last year, the amount of teams from the FCS that defeated FBS teams reached into the double digits. This week, only Delaware and William & Mary were able to find paydirt.
My dark side: "Ah, but the season is young.")

Kickers (That poor kicker for East Carolina comes to mind right away. And let's not forget about that blocked PAT last night.)

PAC-12 Powers (Utah threw away their chance to escape Gainesville with a win, and poor Oregon got steamrolled in Atlanta. Must Lincoln Riley do EVERYTHING to keep the PAC-12 afloat?!)

South Dakota State (Did I really think that SDSU would have a chance to shock Iowa last Saturday? They lost one of the ugliest football games to be played in the past decade; I had nothing to worry about.)

...and I'm done! If anything happens between Clemson and Georgia Tech tonight, I'll let everyone know.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2- Top 10 Games

Once again, it's time to formulate opinions based on only 60 minutes of game footage. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2022 (Week 2)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Washington State @ Wisconsin [3:30, FOX] (This is quite the rare meeting between Washington State and Wisconsin. I would love to see not only how the Cougars offense handles a tough Wisconsin defense, but how they handle a loud place like Camp-Randell Stadium.)

9. Iowa State @ Iowa [4:00, Big 10 Network] (It's time for Iowa State to try once again to break a losing streak against their in-state rivals. For this installment, all the setup you need is that awful South Dakota State/Iowa contest from a week ago. ISU should be able to handle the Iowa offense, but what about Iowa's defense? If ISU's new QB Hunter Dekkers can't break it, the Hawkeyes could frustrate the Cyclones once again.)

8. Oregon State @ Fresno State [10:30, CBS Sports Network] (The sleeper game of the week. Oregon State was able to beat Boise State last week, and now let's see if they can complete a doubleheader sweep against the Mountain West. Won't be easy to do, though; winning in Fresno is gonna be tough.)

7. South Carolina @ Arkansas [12:00, ESPN] (So Arkansas was able to win a hard-fought game against Cincinnati last week. Now let's see how they do when they enter SEC play, as the Gamecocks come in to visit. Stopping Spencer Rattler and the Gamecock offense will be a must for Arkansas to get to 2-0 on the season.)

6. Houston @ Texas Tech [4:00, FOX Sports 1] (Wait. So Houston won a hard-fought barnburner against a conference champion in UTSA, and the Cougars drop a spot in the polls? WHERE'S THE RESPECT? ...Maybe the voters are just waiting to see how Houston handles this road game against the team that gave them their only regular-season loss of 2021. Let's hope Houston's defense is ready for this.)

5. USC @ Stanford [7:30, ABC] (Ah, the old stand-by in the PAC-12: USC vs. Stanford in the annual California "culture-clash". Last Monday, I moaned about USC maybe having to do everything to keep the PAC-12 afloat in 2022... but now let's see if they can actually do it.
Oh, and if Stanford manages to stun the Trojans, what a boost THAT would be for David Shaw and the program!)

4. Tennessee @ Pittsburgh [3:30, ABC] (Just a simple battle of ranked teams, looking for bragging rights for their respective conferences. Pitt was able to win in Knoxville last year, so how ironic would it be if Tennessee were to return the favor? The X-factor for me is Kedon Slovis; he did all right for Pitt in the "Backyard Brawl", but can he win a shootout?)

3. Kentucky @ Florida [7:00, ESPN] (Time for a real rarity in college football: Kentucky and Florida facing each other when BOTH of them are ranked! But why is Florida ranked all the way up to #12? Are they really much better than we expected them to be this year, or is Will Levis and the Wildcats about to surprise the Gators... again?)

2. Alabama @ Texas [12:00, FOX] (For the first time in about 100 years, Alabama and Texas are facing each other in the regular season. And I'm still amazed that Alabama is going ON THE ROAD for their toughest non-conference game. WOW!!
...Okay, in all seriousness, this game is all about the Texas Longhorns. Is Quinn Ewers elite enough to outplay Bryce Young? Can Texas's offense find enough holes in the Tide defense? Can the Longhorn defense stand tall?)

1. Baylor @ BYU [10:15, ESPN] (In my opinion, THIS is the best-looking game of the week. "Why", you ask? Because nobody really knows what's gonna happen here! Oh sure, Baylor could use efficient play to stop the Cougars... or maybe they won't. Maybe Jalen Hall can pass BYU to victory... or maybe he can't. Last year was all about former coordinators facing their former school. This year, it's all business.)

Best "mid-major" game: Old Dominion @ East Carolina (These two had differencing experiences last week. ODU won against Virginia Tech again! And ECU could have been happy too, if they only had a better kicker. Let's see what happens when they meet.)
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Wake Forest @ Vanderbilt (Hey, look at this! Sam Hartman is back under center for Wake Forest! ...This should equal bad news for the 'Dores defense.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Missouri @ Kansas State, Louisville @ UCF, Mississippi State @ Arizona, and Marshall @ Notre Dame.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2 Predictions

So in the Top 25, I only got one pick wrong? Let's see if I have that kind of luck again with this week's picks! ...And to a lesser extent, I do better on games OUTSIDE of the rankings (FBS vs. FCS games don't count)

Top 25:
(1)Alabama 44
@ Texas 27
Arkansas State 10 @ (3)Ohio State 51
Hawaii 7 @ (4)Michigan 53
Appalachian State 13 @ (6)Texas A&M 34
Kent State 17 @ (7)Oklahoma 48
Marshall 21 @ (8)Notre Dame 31
(9)Baylor 24 @ (21)BYU 27
(10)USC 31
@ Stanford 21
Arizona State 16 @ (11)Oklahoma State 37
(20)Kentucky 27 @ (12)Florida 35
Akron 7 @ (14)Michigan State 31
Southern Miss 7 @ (15)Miami 39
South Carolina 24 @ (16)Arkansas 28
(24)Tennessee 38
@ (17)Pittsburgh 31
Washington State 17 @ (19)Wisconsin 35
(23)Wake Forest 48 @
Vanderbilt 21
(25)Houston 34 @ Texas Tech 41

Other big games:

Missouri 20 @ Kansas State 24
Iowa State 20
@ Iowa 17
Colorado 23 @ Air Force 27
Virginia 28
@ Illinois 21
Oregon State 22 @ Fresno State 31
Mississippi State 42
@ Arizona 27

...and I'm done! Now you guys are free to fret about the NFL opener tonight.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama vs. Texas

Here's a look at the best game of the week... a game that left me with about 150 different types of emotions. And about half of them were about how annoying Bryce Young and Nick Saban really is.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 2- Good and Bad

And on the heels of the previous game that had a mix of good AND bad for me, it's time for our "Good/Bad" segment of the week!

It was a good week for:
Fantastic finishes (For the 2nd week in a row, we enjoyed a fine collection of great games. Texas Tech defeating Houston in OT. Tennessee getting revenge against Pittsburgh. Oregon State beating Fresno State on the last play of the game. BYU defeating Baylor in double-OT. Georgia Southern pushing Scott Frost closer to unemployment, and I can go on and on.)
Washington State (The Cougars simply just went to Wisconsin, and stunned the Badgers for their first win over a ranked opponent in quite a while.)
The Kansas Jayhawks (YAYYY! Kansas actually won a Big 12 conference game! On the road! By 13 points! ...Okay, that last part came in OT, but still!)

Kentucky (Whoa. This is now the 3rd time in 5 years that Kentucky has actually beaten the Florida Gators. And how proud is that Wildcat defense, eh?)

It was a bad week for:
Jimbo Fisher (Appalachian State dominated the 2nd half of their game against Texas A&M, and walked away with their first win over a Top 10 opponent since that famous Michigan game. So if you're wondering why A&M fans are giving Jimbo the stink-eye throughout the week on campus, you'll know why.)
Marcus Freeman (Look, Freeman. I know you are popular with the players in South Bend. But you just became the first head coach in Notre Dame history to lose your first 3 games with the school. Are you SURE you know what to do to be a head coach?!)

The MAC (The MAC got no big upset wins, and they were on the losing end of ALL of their close games for the week. The lowlights were Bowling Green and Buffalo losing to FCS teams... with the latter coming on a Hail-Mary.)
The Hawkeyes ("College Gameday" made fun of Iowa [or Iwa, as they called the Hawkeyes] yesterday. Well, that joke will continue for another week, as Iowa State just snapped a long losing streak against these guys... by a score of 10-7.)

And finally, did you see Weber State waffle Utah State by a score of 35-7? Even I felt bad for the poor Aggies. ...Well, I'm done, enjoy the first NFL Sunday of the year!

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3- Top 10 Games

With or without a catastrophic fire, it's time for me to sort through what looks to me a mediocre week and see what we should watch. Yep, it's time for...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2022 (Week 3)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Mississippi State @ LSU [6:00, ESPN] (Initially, I had Toledo @ Ohio State in the #10 spot, but hopes are not high for an upset over there. Instead, I'm going with this game, where Brian Kelly gets his first taste of SEC football as LSU hosts Miss. State. Thing is, the Bulldogs' rush defense looks pretty good.)

9. Kansas @ Houston [4:00, ESPNU] (So already this season, Houston has played in two multi-OT games. One was a win at UTSA, the other was a loss at Texas Tech. Now Houston finally gets to play a game at home as they host Kansas. But what's this? The Jayhawks just won a Big 12 game? On the road?! Hey, Cougars! I think Kansas has their shit together; are you guys ready for this?)

8. SMU @ Maryland [7:30, FOX Sports 1] (Just know that a lot of points are gonna be scored here, and that when it's over either SMU or Maryland are gonna have a 3-0 start to the season. Hmm... I wonder if the defenses will actually settle things late in the game.)

7. Purdue @ Syracuse [12:00, ESPN2] (So we'll have a QB duel between Garrett Shrader and Aidan O'Connell in this contest. And we'll see if the Syracuse defense can handle this offensive attack of the Boilermakers. But what's this?! The guys in Vegas has the Orange as a slight favorite? Great. Now I'm TERRIFIED of this game.)

6. Georgia @ South Carolina [12:00, ESPN] (When in doubt, go with a old-fashioned rivalry game. Yes, South Carolina lost to Arkansas, but their defense should do better when at home. And Georgia may be the new #1 team in the country, but this is their first true road game.)

5. Penn State @ Auburn [3:30, CBS] (This is just a classic Big 10/SEC matchup, and it's a rematch of a game that Penn State won last year. But this time, the Nittany Lions will have to do it without a "White-Out" crowd. As for Auburn, we don't really know too much about them; yes, they won their first two games. But they didn't look dominant in either of them; how will they handle Sean Clifford and the Penn State offense?)

4. Texas Tech @ NC State [7:00, ESPN2] (I don't really have much to say about this game. Just know that this is where NC State has to show that they can be a real team in 2022, because they're gonna be in REAL trouble if they can't stop the Red Raider offense. And Tech is fresh off another proud win over Houston; they'll be ready for this one.)

3. Michigan State @ Washington [7:30, ABC] (Washington is already looking better than they did last year. But now let's see HOW much better the Huskies really are; Michigan State's offense is VERY balanced. And what about Washington's QB Michael Penix Jr.? It'll be hard for him to break the Spartan defense, but he HAS dealt with Big 10 defenses before.)

2. BYU @ Oregon [3:30, FOX] (Oh yeah! It's a big game out on the West Coast, and we'll see if Oregon has truly recovered from that @$$-whooping that Georgia gave them. And as for BYU, can they continue their remarkable run against the PAC-12?)

1. Miami @ Texas A&M [9:00, ESPN] (So despite Texas A&M losing to App. State last week, their game against Miami STILL takes the top spot on my countdown. And I'll tell you why! From Miami's perspective, they're treating this as a legitimacy test to see if they can shoot for big things in Mario Cristobel's 1st year as coach.
But what about A&M? App. State took away almost everything from them last week. They even took away their hosting spot on "College Gameday"! So imagine how much pressure Jimbo Fisher is gonna be under if the Aggies manage to lose this one, too?)

Game with the best chance to be a bust: Toledo @ Ohio State (When I heard that this game was gonna be on FOX, I was initially excited. But then I thought better of it. I thought, "Nope. Nope, Ohio State has this one covered.")
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Florida State @ Louisville, California @ Notre Dame, Liberty @ Wake Forest, South Alabama @ UCLA, and Western Kentucky @ Indiana.

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3 Predictions

So the first two weeks of the season has been crazy. Will that trend continue? Only one way to find out; let's get to my weekly predictions!

Top 25:
(1)Georgia 42
@ South Carolina 21
UL-Monroe 6 @ (2)Alabama 50
Toledo 14 @ (3)Ohio State 54
UConn 6 @ (4)Michigan 51
Louisiana Tech 13 @ (5)Clemson 42
(6)Oklahoma 45
@ Nebraska 30
Fresno State 21 @ (7)USC 35
(11)Michigan State 24 @ Washington 28
(12)BYU 34 @ (25)Oregon 38
(13)Miami 17 @ (24)Texas A&M 24
San Diego State 10 @ (14)Utah 30
Akron 7 @ (15)Tennessee 56
Texas Tech 42
@ (16)NC State 34
Texas State 10 @ (17)Baylor 42
USF 10 @ (18)Florida 43
Liberty 16 @ (19)Wake Forest 38
(20)Ole Miss 39
@ Georgia Tech 20
UTSA 24 @ (21)Texas 39
(22)Penn State 30 @ Auburn 35
(23)Pittsburgh 40
@ Western Michigan 20

Other big games:
North Dakota State 31
@ Arizona 24
Purdue 38 @ Syracuse 30
SMU 28 @ Maryland 44

My time's up. You've been great. Enjoy "Tamron Hall".

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 3- Good and Bad

So last week I went 13-4 in my Top 25 picks. And this week I went 19-4 overall! I call that pretty damn good picking!
Speaking of good, let's get to the "Good/Bad" segment for this week:

It was a Good week for:
The PAC-12 North (The South division might have had Arizona State losing to Eastern Michigan, but everything was just fine in the North division this week. Washington upsetting Michigan State and Oregon taking out BYU comes to mind right away.)
Georgia (Oregon's win capped off a find day for the defending national champions; after Georgia capped South Carolina, the CFB experts are calling this team "even better than last year's"... and we won't know that for sure until Georgia gets to their annual fight with Florida.)
Fantastic finishes (Man! For the 3rd week in a row, we had a find selection of close games. That Hail-Mary win for App. State that everyone can't stop talking about. Purdue @ Syracuse. Notre Dame having to sweat it out for their win over Cal. Florida State beating Louisville with their backup QB. Wake Forest barely surviving against Liberty. UCLA saving their @$$ against South Alabama, and so on and so forth.)
Syracuse (...Wait a minute. So thanks to that last-second TD throw, the Orange are now 3-0 on the year? Uh oh! Could they be an actual threat this season?)
The AAC (Tulane was able to upset Kansas State, and now they're 3-0! Cincinnati looked good, and South Florida only lost to Florida by 3 points.)
Basketball schools (So Vanderbilt already has 3 wins on the year, Indiana rallied to beat the Hilltoppers, Kentucky is sitting pretty in the Top 10, Kansas won ANOTHER road game, and Duke is 3-0. Nice.)

It was a Bad week for:
North Dakota State (Too bad, Bison. Their long winning streak against the FBS is now over thanks to Arizona. To make things worse for them, a conference rival [Southern Illinois] was able to stun Northwestern yesterday, and then Missouri State [with Bobby Patrino] stole most of their press.)
The Sun Belt (Just hear me out, OK? Hear me out! Old Dominion couldn't pull off another upset as Virginia escaped. Neither Marshall nor Georgia Southern could avoid a hangover after their big wins last week, and they lost to Bowling Green and UAB respectfully. Oh, and the longest winning streak in the country [held by Louisiana] is now over thanks to Rice.)
Miami's offense (Miami only scored 3 field goals against Texas A&M? Okay, so maybe Jimbo Fisher CAN coach after all.)
Auburn (Speaking of bad offenses, Auburn stunk up the joint as they looked lost against Penn State.)

And just remember: Next week, conference play begins in earnest! Remember that.

fredsdeadfriend

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have added it was a bad week for the B1G West, if not last week, then this week, or are you saving the roast of the B1G West for the end of the season? lol

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolgevillefootballfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 891.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 4- Top 10 Games

Man, this new "Karamo" show is BORING. When is he- Wait, what? I'm on?! Oh, sorry, let's get to...

The Top 10 Games of College Football 2022 (Week 4)

(All times are Eastern)
10. Minnesota @ Michigan State [3:30, Big 10 Network] (So out of all the choices I had for the #10 spot, I go with this Big 10 opener in East Lansing. Why? Guess it's because I wanna see the fightback from the Spartans after their loss to Washington last week. Oh, and also because a run-first Minnesota team is looking for a 4-0 start; will their running game be enough, or will the passing game have to step up?)

9. Wisconsin @ Ohio State [7:30, ABC] (Another encounter between the Badgers and the Buckeyes,, eh? You know, I would LOVE to see what Wisconsin's defense is gonna do against the Buckeye offense; did it learn anything from that loss to Washington State 2 weeks ago? And as for Ohio State, they'll probably just want to stop the Badger run game and force QB Graham Mertz to try to beat them.)

8. Duke @ Kansas [12:00, FOX Sports 1] (Both Duke and Kansas are 3-0. Sounds like a fine recipe for a Maui Invitational final, doesn't it? But this is college football. That's right. BOTH Duke AND Kansas are 3-0 in football! I wanna watch this game just for that alone.
As for the actual game, Duke is doing okay with Riley Leonard as their QB. Stopping Riley will be key for Kansas to take this one.)

7. Baylor @ Iowa State [12:00, ESPN2] (The sleeper game of the week. So far, Iowa State's rebuilding efforts are going well, but it's time for RB Jirehl Brock and the Cyclones to show up in conference play. As for Baylor, they're just looking to begin their Big 12 title defense on the right foot.)

6. Oregon @ Washington State [4:00, FOX] (Is Oregon truly back from their Week 1 humiliation from Georgia? This game should give us the answer. I mean, look at Washington State's defense! It's actually been... pretty lights-out so far this season [especially in the secondary]. Can Oregon's offense find a way to break it?)

5. Maryland @ Michigan [12:00, FOX] (To me, Michigan has had it WAY too easy so far in 2022. It's about time they face some REAL competition, like Taulia Tagovailoa and Maryland! Let's see how the Michigan secondary will handle 60 minutes of the Terps offense! ...And as for Maryland, their defense has to figure out a way to silence Michigan's running attack.)

4. USC @ Oregon State [9:30, PAC-12 Network] (I wanted to compare USC to Michigan on this part of the countdown, but I know the Trojans won't go for it. They're WAY too busy preparing for this scary trip to Corvallis, where Oregon State will be looking for a hallmark win for their program. But if the Beavers can't stop USC's high-flying offense, I don't think that's gonna happen.)

3. Arkansas vs. Texas A&M {From Arlington, TX} [7:00, ESPN] (Arkansas vs. A&M in "Jerry World". It never gets old. In this installment, Texas A&M is hoping that their new QB Max Johnson can continue to steer their offense while their awesome defense does the rest. As for the Razorbacks, I'm kinda hoping that their defense does a better job here than they did a week ago. Not only to get their 2nd straight win in this rivalry, but also because they're hosting Alabama next week.)

2. Florida @ Tennessee [3:30, CBS] (What's this? "College Gameday" is coming back to Knoxville after a 7-year absence? Maybe THIS rivalry series is ready to return to a national event. You got 2 ranked teams getting ready to destroy each other... and I'm kinda pulling for the Vols here. For if they win, it would REALLY cause a storm in the SEC East.)

1. Clemson @ Wake Forest [12:00, ABC] (Now that I'm thinking about it... has "College Gameday" EVER been to Winston-Salem? ...Anyway, this is our main event for a couple of reasons. First, this could be Sam Hartman's last chance to topple the mighty Clemson Tigers. Second, the Deacons want to beat Clemson for the first time since 2008. But most importantly, it's finally time to see how much better DJ Uiagalelei has truly gotten as the Tigers' starting QB.)

Best "mid-major" game: James Madison @ Appalachian State (When in doubt, go with the hot hand in App. State as the Mountaineers host the Dukes in James Madison's first-ever Sun Belt conference game.)
Game with the best chance to be a bust: Vanderbilt @ Alabama (These teams are a combined 6-1, and yet Alabama is still a 40.5 point favorite? ...Something tells me Vegas doesn't like Vanderbilt's chances.)
Honorable mentions for the Top 10: Notre Dame @ North Carolina, Indiana @ Cincinnati, TCU @ SMU, Texas @ Texas Tech, and Virginia @ Syracuse.