• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Packers regular season thread

Stlducks

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa side or Wisconsin? I grew up in Iowa and I’m trying to remember cities up in that area; Decorah is all that’s springing to mind. Good luck today!
Iowa side. By Dubuque, Bellevue area. Decorah is about 2 hours north of Dubuque.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just like that the season is over... a great game to watch, came up a little short.

Offense:
  • Tom injury hurt... Packers run game did not do much other than 1 big run by Jones after. Nijman needed help and when he did not get it Bosa was in on Love quickly.
  • Love some horrible decisions with a few throws.... especially the last interception, unsure what he was even thinking there.
  • Doubs had another good day... Reed some short passes... not much of Watson or Wicks.
  • Wicks did have 2 great blocks in the game.. 1 sprung Jones big run in 2nd half... other in first half for another good gain by Jones.
  • The 4th and short and not getting it hurt in the first half... liked going for it... but maybe a bit too far for that call with 49ers defense.
  • TEs only 27 yards receiving.
Defense:
  • Wow... Other than 1 big McCaffrey TD run of 39 yards, very good vs the run for the game. Was worried about that.
  • Savage big drop for a pick.
  • Gary continued his quiet ways... 1 QB hit on the stat sheet. Only 1 sack in the entire game... early by the Packers
  • Some good open field tackles on McCaffrey (Owens, Savage)... but at other times still some poor tackling and lot of extra yards.
Special teams:
  • Nixon big return good... fumble at end bad.
  • Wooden blocked FG good.
  • Carlson... well, not surprised he missed another kick to effectively send Packers home. Way too inconsistent and not definitely not a big game kicker right now.
A lot of positives to take from this year... hopefully Packers can have another great draft and build upon it for 2024 all the growth this year.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Love is set up to finish the season doing the 3 things Aaron Rodgers was best at.

1. Beating the Bears in the regular season
2. Beating the Cowboys in the playoffs
3. Losing to the 49ers in the playoffs

Let's do it!
I called it!

In all seriousness though. The Packers played so well and deserved to win if one or two bounces went their way.

That forth and 1 where we got a bad spot
The two dropped interceptions
The dropped TD pass from Daubs
The two first downs that we get if Jordan Love just makes the easy throw

To be clear, everything stated above is stuff the Packers missed and because of that the 49ers were the better team and therefore won. No hate to the 9ers. You won that game and you deserve the win.

But, good news! Everything we fucked up in that game can and will be fixed with more reps and more time with our incredibly young team. We are going into next season as Super Bowl favorites. Let's just not let anyone down.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy season. More wins than losses, post season, playoff win and a couple of plays away from beating the number one seed. I have to say the offense over achieved in the second half of the season and if they can clean up a few things, should be a force to reckon with next year.

The defense was hot and cold the whole season and I pray they get rid of Barry. IMO, the biggest need on defense is LB. Another CB is in order as well.

ST, they need to bring in several kickers for competition. Dude missed way too many extra points.

Coaching- MLF is 0fer against the 9ers. He needs to figure out how to beat them or they may never see a Lombardi trophy under his watch.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaching- MLF is 0fer against the 9ers. He needs to figure out how to beat them or they may never see a Lombardi trophy under his watch.

In prime-Favre/Holmgren years, Dallas was that team. When GB finally got to the Superbowl in '96 & '97, the Packers avoided Dallas; they didn't have to beat them. Maybe it will play out that way one of these years, too.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Presently #6 in draft order... but still many games with other very underperforming teams.

I think Packers will be top 10 in draft unless something magical happens... top 5 things would really have to fall apart IMO.

View attachment 344785
This was posted October 31st.

Here's how things settled as of today:

1705929889171.png

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was posted October 31st.

Here's how things settled as of today:

View attachment 351995

Something magical happened :suds:

If Packers lost 1 more game could be drafting #12 ahead of Denver due to tiebreakers I assume. Big difference with getting into playoffs and then beating Dallas.

It was worth it... good experience for the young team.

Packerpro 99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers did a good job late in the season to make the playoffs. Even though they lost to the 49ers, they played them tough and won at the LOS on both sides of the ball. They played well enough to win.

The defense did better down the stretch and agaist Dallas but when it counted the most against the 9ers,they couldn't stop them. Joe Barry is OK but we need someone better.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Packers did a good job late in the season to make the playoffs. Even though they lost to the 49ers, they played them tough and won at the LOS on both sides of the ball. They played well enough to win.

The defense did better down the stretch and agaist Dallas but when it counted the most against the 9ers,they couldn't stop them. Joe Barry is OK but we need someone better.
First post? Welcome.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy day happy day!!!!! Now, bring someone in with a proven track record or an up and comer. Either or, I don’t care as long as he can teach the unit how to get a stop when it’s absolutely necessary.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy day happy day!!!!! Now, bring someone in with a proven track record or an up and comer. Either or, I don’t care as long as he can teach the unit how to get a stop when it’s absolutely necessary.
I've always preferred a 4-down-lineman scheme. Right now, GB has the players to make that switch.