• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Regular season thread

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely a decent signing at this point in the season. Gives them help in a depleted position and some veteran leadership that has been lacking. He is a huge liability in coverage though as he was getting upset with the 49ers because they kept taking him out on passing downs. So something to keep an eye on. His run defense though (area of weakness for the Raiders) is top notch so should improve that area of the defense.
Well, I'm a little surprised by this post cd. But agreed, good move. Bowman can still play and that vet leadership is a great bonus.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm a little surprised by this post cd. But agreed, good move. Bowman can still play and that vet leadership is a great bonus.

Why are you surprised? I've pointed out plenty of good things the Raiders do on this board. I can recognize when the Raiders do something good. Just like I can recognize when the Broncos do something bad.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why are you surprised? I've pointed out plenty of good things the Raiders do on this board. I can recognize when the Raiders do something good. Just like I can recognize when the Broncos do something bad.
Because you didn't say he's not a scheme fit, or he's washed up. You pretty much said he's a good player and good move by the RAIDERS.

Let's see if the RAIDERS play him against KC, I'm pretty sure he might get some limited snaps.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you didn't say he's not a scheme fit, or he's washed up. You pretty much said he's a good player and good move by the RAIDERS.

Let's see if the RAIDERS play him against KC, I'm pretty sure he might get some limited snaps.

Well because he does fit scheme. He is one of the few players especially against the run that can fit just about any scheme. And he is not completely washed up. He still has some juice in those legs. Yes he is not the same player he was 4 years ago before all of his injuries. No player would be the same after all those injuries. And I would say the biggest thing he brings to that defense is a guy that the rest of the players can look to for veteran leadership.

Heck same thing when Ware came to the Broncos. It was more about his leadership than ability on the field that really changed things for the Broncos. He still had some juice left for sure but that leadership is what helped make every other player around him better. I think Bowman can be a similar type situation where his leadership really helps that defense play at a better level even if he himself is more of just an above average type player.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well because he does fit scheme. He is one of the few players especially against the run that can fit just about any scheme. And he is not completely washed up. He still has some juice in those legs. Yes he is not the same player he was 4 years ago before all of his injuries. No player would be the same after all those injuries. And I would say the biggest thing he brings to that defense is a guy that the rest of the players can look to for veteran leadership.

Heck same thing when Ware came to the Broncos. It was more about his leadership than ability on the field that really changed things for the Broncos. He still had some juice left for sure but that leadership is what helped make every other player around him better. I think Bowman can be a similar type situation where his leadership really helps that defense play at a better level even if he himself is more of just an above average type player.
Now this is the media cd that just calls it for what it is. Cool
He still has juice in those legs and can still play and be effective. Like you said with Ware for you guys. That guy made a huge impact for you guys, on the field and in the locker room.

I think Bowman will do the same with the RAIDERS as he gets more involved in the defense. That guy is a tackle machine and knows how to line his defense up. Now I don't know if he's still the 4 time all pro player that he was, but I'm happy to have him. Dudes going to play against KC imo! Times wasting and cant afford another loss.
PUT BOWMAN IN!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now this is the media cd that just calls it for what it is. Cool
He still has juice in those legs and can still play and be effective. Like you said with Ware for you guys. That guy made a huge impact for you guys, on the field and in the locker room.

I think Bowman will do the same with the RAIDERS as he gets more involved in the defense. That guy is a tackle machine and knows how to line his defense up. Now I don't know if he's still the 4 time all pro player that he was, but I'm happy to have him. Dudes going to play against KC imo! Times wasting and cant afford another loss.
PUT BOWMAN IN!!

I will disagree with one part of this. He won't be the guy for a while helping line up guys. He doesn't know their defense and the playcalls. That will take probably at least a month before he can start being a guy making calls on the field. And also understand that with Ware it took probably a year before his leadership really started showing up big time on the field. His first year he was still learning a whole new organization (something he had never done before), learning a new playbook, and spent a good deal of the offseason rehabbing. That first year probably his biggest impact player wise was on Von Miller getting his head right. Year two when he got an offseason with a bunch of the players/coaches things really started to click big time.

So again the Bowman move will take some time to really impact the Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will disagree with one part of this. He won't be the guy for a while helping line up guys. He doesn't know their defense and the playcalls. That will take probably at least a month before he can start being a guy making calls on the field. And also understand that with Ware it took probably a year before his leadership really started showing up big time on the field. His first year he was still learning a whole new organization (something he had never done before), learning a new playbook, and spent a good deal of the offseason rehabbing. That first year probably his biggest impact player wise was on Von Miller getting his head right. Year two when he got an offseason with a bunch of the players/coaches things really started to click big time.

So again the Bowman move will take some time to really impact the Raiders.
Yeah dude, it will take some time for Bowman to get up to speed with the defensive scheme. I mean he's just not going to step in right away and call the defense. That will come with time. But for now he could play pretty good with just his pure knowledge of the game. This is a former 4 time all pro that knows the game, not just some dude you pick up mid season from the PS team.

Heck we did the same thing last year with Perry Riley and he stepped right in and made an impact on just pure instinct. I think we are both in agreement that Bowman knows a little more than that of Riley?
Again, I'm not saying Bowman will come right in and rip sheet up dude. But he can make an impact on pure football knowledge till he gets up to speed with the defense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah dude, it will take some time for Bowman to get up to speed with the defensive scheme. I mean he's just not going to step in right away and call the defense. That will come with time. But for now he could play pretty good with just his pure knowledge of the game. This is a former 4 time all pro that knows the game, not just some dude you pick up mid season from the PS team.

Heck we did the same thing last year with Perry Riley and he stepped right in and made an impact on just pure instinct. I think we are both in agreement that Bowman knows a little more than that of Riley?
Again, I'm not saying Bowman will come right in and rip sheet up dude. But he can make an impact on pure football knowledge till he gets up to speed with the defense.

I agree with that. I just wouldn't expect the defense to do a 180 here and all of a sudden become an elite unit. Same with Ware when he came in as the defense still gave up a lot of points. Took a year for him and a few others to adjust then boom historical defense. He was the glue that helped get the team there but the changes to the organization and the accountability they all had to each other happened over time. Can't force those things.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have some pretty good rookie LBs in Lee who is hurt and Morrow that can learn from a great player like Bowman. Its just a very good pickup for many reasons for the RAIDERS.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with that. I just wouldn't expect the defense to do a 180 here and all of a sudden become an elite unit. Same with Ware when he came in as the defense still gave up a lot of points. Took a year for him and a few others to adjust then boom historical defense. He was the glue that helped get the team there but the changes to the organization and the accountability they all had to each other happened over time. Can't force those things.
The RAIDERS defense was never going to be elite this year cd, that's next year.
What the RAIDERS were counting on was improved play by the defense and they have improved.
But injuries to prized rookie DBs draft picks have set them back a bit, and even then they still have played good, NOT great but good enough. Then adding a vet like Bowman should help them some more.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE game for the RAIDERS! Voodoo football and the Warlock coming to Oakland.
BIG GAME!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So word on the street have not only Bowman playing but starting! Hmmm, should be interesting..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Yeah!! That could of been one of the greatest games played!
Wow!! Welcome back RAIDERS!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs tried real hard but DC4 said nah!! Boom, down goes KC!!

Shout out to the RAIDERS!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The refs tried real hard but DC4 said nah!! Boom, down goes KC!!

Shout out to the RAIDERS!

Do you mean the refs tried real hard to give the game to the Raiders? Because that I can agree with. I mean how many extra plays can one team get to score a TD to end a game?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you mean the refs tried real hard to give the game to the Raiders? Because that I can agree with. I mean how many extra plays can one team get to score a TD to end a game?
LOL cd. Man that is some funny sheet dude. After the robbery the refs did last week they had no choice but to make the right calls. And even then they still tried to take that game from the RAIDERS. What game were you watching?

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Bowman made a major impact in this game, and will be even better the next game when he has a mini by week to get up to speed in this defense. 11/6/1 for only having 3 days of practice, DAMN!!

Coop freakin shredded man! 211 Yards 2 TDs. Great game all around for the RAIDERS.

After GIVING 4 games away for whatever reasons that may be, its time to play like we ALL know they can play.
Continue to play up to that talent level and we will be ok.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than one big run from Hunt, he got nothing. Held to under 100 and no TDs!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL cd. Man that is some funny sheet dude. After the robbery the refs did last week they had no choice but to make the right calls. And even then they still tried to take that game from the RAIDERS. What game were you watching?

Well let's see...Person who hates both teams watching the game or person who has shown over and over again to be the biggest Raiders homer I know of whose opinion on officiating last night should be taken more seriously...I would say the unbiased person who couldn't care less if one team got an advantage over the other.

They missed some calls for sure in favor of the Chiefs but they also gave the Raiders about 14 points just off missed calls alone if not more. Chiefs got robbed with how much Raider WR's were pushing guys off of them. The entire night it was nuts how much they were allowed to get away with.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, Bowman made a major impact in this game, and will be even better the next game when he has a mini by week to get up to speed in this defense. 11/6/1 for only having 3 days of practice, DAMN!!

Coop freakin shredded man! 211 Yards 2 TDs. Great game all around for the RAIDERS.

After GIVING 4 games away for whatever reasons that may be, its time to play like we ALL know they can play.
Continue to play up to that talent level and we will be ok.

I have known Navorro since he was a kid. You got a very good football player and he is only going to get better as he has more time with the team. He is an outstanding person too. Congrats to you Raider fans. It was a very good game last night.