• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Gabbert or E.J. Manuel?
1). possible starters again/only back-up
2). How would you feel about one of them as a back-up/starter here?

I am NOT swaying or suggesting anything, lol.

Are you on crack? Asking for a friend.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you on crack? Asking for a friend.

Tell your friend they were both drafted in the first round, and made millions.
Also tell him, the popular street slang is "we can get it for cheap"

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell your friend they were both drafted in the first round, and made millions.
Also tell him, the popular street slang is "we can get it for cheap"

Still trying to figure out your post. You asked us what we thought of two terrible QBs as possible starters here. My answer, er I mean my friend's answer, was only a crackhead would float this idea. They suck and I want no part of them. Now it appears you were throwing this out as where we would be without Kirk which I agree is a disaster.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still trying to figure out your post. You asked us what we thought of two terrible QBs as possible starters here. My answer, er I mean my friend's answer, was only a crackhead would float this idea. They suck and I want no part of them. Now it appears you were throwing this out as where we would be without Kirk which I agree is a disaster.

My original post was pretty clear. Some of your friends may be using crack if they can't comprehend it.
This is a free agent thread, if you didn't know.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want either one.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't want either one.

If you are referring to my QB question, I completely understand.
I will be more specific in the future when talking about possible free agent back-ups and starters.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lacy as an option at RB. He did have a couple nice seasons his first 2 years in the league. He doesn't have a lotta wear either with under 800 carries in 4 years. His last 2 years have been a bust of sorts. If we could get a Lacy who's motivatied and ready to show he wasn'y a gflash in the pan. As opposed to a Lacy who saus fuck his weight and he's gonna eat what he wants, when he wants. I could go for that.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original post was pretty clear. Some of your friends may be using crack if they can't comprehend it.
This is a free agent thread, if you didn't know.

The reason I asked for clarification was I couldn't believe you would actually ask us our opinion on turning to 2 clowns as possible starters for your Washington Redskins. Sorry if I was rude, just trying to understand why you would even ask the question. These guys have proven that they suck. Colt is a better backup option and not a chance either of these guys are starters.

Last edited:

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lacy as an option at RB. He did have a couple nice seasons his first 2 years in the league. He doesn't have a lotta wear either with under 800 carries in 4 years. His last 2 years have been a bust of sorts. If we could get a Lacy who's motivatied and ready to show he wasn'y a gflash in the pan. As opposed to a Lacy who saus fuck his weight and he's gonna eat what he wants, when he wants. I could go for that.

We have seen teams like the Pats, Ravens, Steelers etc have great success picking up a vet RB and getting a good year or 2 out of them. They can come cheap and buys you time to find one in the draft. Keep Rob as the backup, say goodbye to Matt Jones who sucked even when he wasn't fumbling, and go from there.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think DGF and I are confused. You asked us what we think of the two guys you mentioned and we answered. No harm, no malice we just answered your question. Perhaps if you don't want an answer don't frame your post as a question. :noidea:

To be more specific I would prefer McCoy as a backup as compared to these two guys. I would not consider either as a starter. There is no one available I would prefer as a starter over Cousins.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason I asked for clarification was I couldn't believe you would actually ask us our opinion on turning to 2 clowns as possible starters for your Washington Redskins. Sorry if I was rude, just trying to understand why you would even ask the question. These guys have proven that they suck. Colt is a better backup option and not a chance either of these guys are starters.

I did slightly consider your response an overreaction when I said "do we think these free agents could possibly start on another team in 2017? I did also ask how fans would feel about one of them as back-ups here.
Never did I say "hey this guys would make a decent 1 year replacement or they should be players who fight for a starting job. I do not watch them play, but I know Gabbert started some games this year. Perhaps you've seen him and made those comments based on that. What I do know is those two young guys have no talent around them at the WR position. thats not an excuse, and thats why i simply asked for opinions and explained i was not pushing for them. I doubt anyone thought RG3 would START again.

I think DGF and I are confused. You asked us what we think of the two guys you mentioned and we answered. No harm, no malice we just answered your question. Perhaps if you don't want an answer don't frame your post as a question. :noidea:

To be more specific I would prefer McCoy as a backup as compared to these two guys. I would not consider either as a starter. There is no one available I would prefer as a starter over Cousins.

Again, I appreciate all responses and accept what comes with the questions posed. I was just confused over
DGF's initial repsonse of answering a question with a question. Especially a question that was taken the wrong way. That could very well be my fault. I used back-up/starter. It would have been better to leave it as a back-up.
Starter here was more so, injury related.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Skin, thanks for the explanation. Since you have not seen them play let me say again they are both terrible. Gabbert was given every chance to succeed in Jacksonville having been a high pick, then again in SF where he beat out another bad QB in Kaep. But he was so bad the Niners had no choice but to bench him. Same with Manual, Buffalo hung with him as long as possible, again a former first round pick. But in both instances it was clear they simply could not play. So no as a possible starter and no as a hackup where Colt has proven to at least be serviceable.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool Skin, thanks for the explanation. Since you have not seen them play let me say again they are both terrible. Gabbert was given every chance to succeed in Jacksonville having been a high pick, then again in SF where he beat out another bad QB in Kaep. But he was so bad the Niners had no choice but to bench him. Same with Manual, Buffalo hung with him as long as possible, again a former first round pick. But in both instances it was clear they simply could not play. So no as a possible starter and no as a hackup where Colt has proven to at least be serviceable.

Fair enough, you speak with knowledge of the situation. Thank you, I did not have that information, and did not feel like looking at film on them. My question has been answered. What's going to happen to all this crack? lol!

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Gabbert or E.J. Manuel?
1). possible starters again/only back-up
2). How would you feel about one of them as a back-up/starter here?

I am NOT swaying or suggesting anything, lol.

Yuck and Yuck. Id genuinely rather pick up a UDFA rookie to be our backup then either of them.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my chief buddies say POE will get franchised and berry will take less money to stay a chief cross them off

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Gilmore?
Dre Kirkpatrick?

...I don't think Breeland is going to work out....

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephon Gilmore?
Dre Kirkpatrick?

...I don't think Breeland is going to work out....
p BB has played well for us in the past no need to worry yet and pull an amerson on him

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
p BB has played well for us in the past no need to worry yet and pull an amerson on him

Are you ok with our starting CBs if do another 2nd string free agency job with the dline?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Generally I am ok with our cbs

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • John KeimESPN Staff Writer

The Washington Redskins flourished as an offense thanks to two receivers who surpassed 1,000 yards and another who finished with more than 800. But there will be questions whether that will happen again next season, mainly because it's uncertain who will be doing the receiving. That's why it's a position to watch this offseason.

Here's a look at the Redskins' receivers:

On the roster: Jamison Crowder, Josh Doctson, Maurice Harris, Ryan Grant

Free agents: Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson

Analysis: The Redskins’ strength was their talent in the passing game, from receivers to the quarterback and the pass protection. But if they lose both Jackson and Garcon, they’d be losing their two starting receivers who both gained more than 1,000 yards. Crowder, who finished with 847 yards, is an excellent slot receiver, but they’d need two new starters on the outside. Doctson should fill one of those spots, but that assumes his Achilles finally will be healthy and that he can actually play at the NFL level. He was their No. 1 receiver on the board last year, a guy they had rated as a top-10 pick. The Redskins still like Grant, but he hasn’t shown in games that he can be anything other than a depth guy who can help as a blocker and the occasional catch. Both Garcon and Jackson do things others can’t. With Garcon, it’s the ability to make tough catches and play with violence – and he’s excellent at running intermediate routes thanks to his ability to create space off cuts. Jackson is fast and scares defenses. Harris is intriguing because of his height, but he, too, is viewed as a depth guy and not a future starter.

Alshon Jeffery, Kenny Britt, Kenny Stills, Terrelle Pryor. Make no mistake: Garcon and Jackson will be two of the more coveted targets in free agency. It’s unlikely that Pryor gets free from Cleveland and that could be the same with Jeffery from Chicago. Britt is a realistic target unless new Los Angeles Rams coach Sean McVay convinces the front office to try and keep him around. He surpassed 1,000 yards with a bad quarterback situation this past season and perhaps has matured as a receiver. He’s not viewed as a No. 1 target, but the Redskins have enough depth in the passing game that he wouldn't need to be. Stills would be a speed guy.

Top receivers in the draft: Mike Williams, John Ross, Corey Davis, JuJu Smith-Schuster. Those are the first-round possibilities – Williams should be a top-10 pick. Ross was considered a speed guy at Washington. Davis has good size and runs well and plays with toughness. Smith-Schuster also has good size and toughness. I’d say they won’t take one in the first round, but multiple sources said they wouldn’t do so last season and … then they picked Doctson. He was their top player available so they drafted him. In an ideal situation, the Redskins will add a veteran via free agency. Otherwise they’ll undergo a lot of growing pains at the position.