• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it would be stupid to trade for him if they are releasing him anyway

I don't know how else you get Richardson? Talent always trumps trouble. He'll never come here as a FA.
someone else will get him

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how else you get Richardson? Talent always trumps trouble. He'll never come here as a FA.
someone else will get him
he will be cut if the salary cap is an issue hence you wait

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he will be cut if the salary cap is an issue hence you wait

??? I'm confused -- the salary cap IS an issue AND he got benched, then a 290lbs DE got switched to OLB.
He has been fined, suspended and publicly called out the team, likely due to playing time and contract disputes.
Despite all of that -- before the trouble he WAS playing at a high level. When he gets cut in a few weeks, exactly why will he come here?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
??? I'm confused -- the salary cap IS an issue AND he got benched, then a 290lbs DE got switched to OLB.
He has been fined, suspended and publicly called out the team, likely due to playing time and contract disputes.
Despite all of that -- before the trouble he WAS playing at a high level. When he gets cut in a few weeks, exactly why will he come here?

great , not disputing that , what i am saying is why trade a pick when you simply wait the jets out and they cut him ?. why would he come here ? a good paycheck and a team that needs defensive help and the verge of being a real contending team . . but i think our 4th rounder can help us and why risk it on him when there are other options when you dont have to

just so you know i am against trading picks almost always

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
great , not disputing that , what i am saying is why trade a pick when you simply wait the jets out and they cut him ?. why would he come here ? a good paycheck and a team that needs defensive help and the verge of being a real contending team . . but i think our 4th rounder can help us and why risk it on him when there are other options when you dont have to

just so you know i am against trading picks almost always

Fair enough, but we have 2 fourth round picks. we have 2 sixth rounders as well.
I don't envision anyone in those rounds producing even close to what this 26 year old pro bowler could do in our 3-4. Thats all I'm saying. It's a low risk for possibly a 5&6th. The last 2 years Scott has acquired picks in these rounds only to do NOTHING with them. we wouldn't be losing anything. Risky yes, when you said stupid -- I truly doubt that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, but we have 2 fourth round picks. we have 2 sixth rounders as well.
I don't envision anyone in those rounds producing even close to what this 26 year old pro bowler could do in our 3-4. Thats all I'm saying. It's a low risk for possibly a 5&6th. The last 2 years Scott has acquired picks in these rounds only to do NOTHING with them. we wouldn't be losing anything. Risky yes, when you said stupid -- I truly doubt that.

we dont know that , i think crowder could be a PB'er and he is a 4th rounder

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also KC is a 4th rounder who was in the PB

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also KC is a 4th rounder who was in the PB

we dont know that , i think crowder could be a PB'er and he is a 4th rounder

Those examples don't really apply to our argument. True they show that a 4th rounder can have value.
But crowder is not a starter, he is used in sets. Cousins was not a starter, he became one over time.
Also, my focus is on defense -- specifically the line. Its where the organization has FAILED in the drafted and in FA the past two years. We have an extra 4th, and an extra 6th. I personally think a 4th is worth it. I've even tried to see if a 5&6 was reasonable. You are crazy if you wouldn't give up an extra 5th and 6th for an immediate starter, and perhaps the future because you don't like to trade picks. Take a look at what we've done with our extra picks

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those examples don't really apply to our argument. True they show that a 4th rounder can have value.
But crowder is not a starter, he is used in sets. Cousins was not a starter, he became one over time.
Also, my focus is on defense -- specifically the line. Its where the organization has FAILED in the drafted and in FA the past two years. We have an extra 4th, and an extra 6th. I personally think a 4th is worth it. I've even tried to see if a 5&6 was reasonable. You are crazy if you wouldn't give up an extra 5th and 6th for an immediate starter, and perhaps the future because you don't like to trade picks. Take a look at what we've done with our extra picks

he is the starting slot wr . i wouldnt give up a pick when i can simply wait for the jets to cut him and i have my resources plus the guy as well

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a sixth to ensure other teams don't have the rights to him. You would make that up in a compensatory pick if he left in FA the following season.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would give up a sixth to ensure other teams don't have the rights to him. You would make that up in a compensatory pick if he left in FA the following season.

he is the starting slot wr . i wouldnt give up a pick when i can simply wait for the jets to cut him and i have my resources plus the guy as well

What Gkekoa mentioned is what I was thinking. In fact I believe we did something similar with Dashon Golston.
He didn't quite perform up to what was expected so he was not re-signed.
Giving the Jets our extra 6th ensures we at least get great depth at DE. Its hypothetical, BUT ...IMO...would be a good idea.
...Sorry to drag this out...I just didn't see why you thought this was stupid. Richardson has been pretty good on the field.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Gkekoa mentioned is what I was thinking. In fact I believe we did something similar with Dashon Golston.
He didn't quite perform up to what was expected so he was not re-signed.
Giving the Jets our extra 6th ensures we at least get great depth at DE. Its hypothetical, BUT ...IMO...would be a good idea.
...Sorry to drag this out...I just didn't see why you thought this was stupid. Richardson has been pretty good on the field.

what do i need to ensure ? the jets most likely will have to cut him . plus there are other options for us in FA

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what do i need to ensure ? the jets most likely will have to cut him . plus there are other options for us in FA

Why it makes sense for Jets to trade Sheldon Richardson

Looks like some staff from ESPN, NY and Dallas thought he was and is worth way more than a 4th.
Trading for him with a late round pick eliminates other teams getting him first, and it addresses a need on our defensive line. Think I'm done here, maybe this article helps out.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are other options on d/line in FA . i dont need to give up picks to get a sheldon richardson . and it looks like a 4th and/or a 6th wont get it done

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not other PB DL available with youth when all is said and done.
richardson is a BU isnt he ? which is why he is "expendable "

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
victor cruz has been cut by the giants , is he worth kicking the tires on ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will the #Packers re-sign guard T.J. Lang? He hasn't heard a word from them yet

gee have we heard this before ?

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
victor cruz has been cut by the giants , is he worth kicking the tires on ?
There are not other PB DL available with youth when all is said and done.

10 times out of 10, based on these unique circumstances for the Jets, Redskins and the FA pool for DEs
you strongly consider trading a 4th for a 26 year old pro bowl DE.
Again, we aren't talking about offense or another team. We are talking about two teams and THEIR unique situation. To not even, consider trading for a player that COULD be a fixture is highly questionable.