• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Redskins Free Agency 2017

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skindad your 100 right i know at 17 it has to be defense what is fucking me up now is if we go from 3-4 to 4-3 this will change my top narrow list at 17 example charles harris at 17 in a 3-4 would be pass rusher but can he play de in 4-3 and if we go to 4-3 de smoot will be in play this is killing me sign a DC all ready jeeeeez

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the answers will come soon

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to do what the Giants did last offseason. Spend high draft picks on players who can start Day 1 and use FA to get the big bodies up front. Their defense is insane. They basically brought in 5 new starters ( 3 FA and 2 draft picks).

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want us to do what the Giants did last offseason. Spend high draft picks on players who can start Day 1 and use FA to get the big bodies up front. Their defense is insane. They basically brought in 5 new starters ( 3 FA and 2 draft picks).

our track record with FA's is sketchy . so we really have to do our homework

my expectation is it will take 2 drafts to fix the defense

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed! It's another reason I'd like to see a switch to the 4-3.
We can get tier2 guys for a good price that still could make an impact.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I'm really liking this Brandon Williams guy. He could have a similar effect that Harrison had for the Giants.
He'll be cheaper than Poe, and he had over 50 tackles, which is 2nd only to K.Short. What bothers me though is some reports claim his market value could average out to between 8-11mil annually.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They only gave up 38 today. :L

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notable WRs scheduled to be UFAs:

Alshon Jeffery
Terrelle Pryor
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Michael Floyd
Kendall Wright
Kenny Stills

stills is interesting

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notable WRs scheduled to be UFAs:

Alshon Jeffery
Terrelle Pryor
DeSean Jackson
Kenny Britt
Michael Floyd
Kendall Wright
Kenny Stills

stills is interesting

i like Djax first....because defenses are scared of him and he excels at catching the deep pass.
Then Pryor and Stills...they both can basically fill Djax's role as decoy/deep threat plus block. I also think
they will have a very simple route tree.

Jeffrey, Britt, Floyd and Wright...IMO are either going to get suspended or be in I.R.

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

my expectation is it will take 2 drafts to fix the defense

Yeah I'm with you. What the Giants did was successful but way more times than not it does not work out, and that's hardly unique to the Redskins.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Gabbert or E.J. Manuel?
1). possible starters again/only back-up
2). How would you feel about one of them as a back-up/starter here?

I am NOT swaying or suggesting anything, lol.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think of Gabbert or E.J. Manuel?
1). possible starters again/only back-up
2). How would you feel about one of them as a back-up/starter here?

I am NOT swaying or suggesting anything, lol.
no future for either one

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep kirk keep mcoy draft aqb to battle my boy sudfield

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those interested in Ronald Leary. From PFT...

Ronald Leary wanted to leave the Cowboys before the start of the 2016 season as his run in the starting lineup came to an end with the arrival of La’El Collins in 2015, but the Cowboys held onto him as insurance against an injury.

That proved wise as Collins suffered a toe injury early in the season and Leary stepped in at left guard for an offensive line that didn’t miss a beat with the change in personnel. Leary is set to be a free agent this offseason, and the combination of Collins’ return and the heavy investment the Cowboys have already made on the offensive line leave him pretty sure about how things will play out.

“I thought about it a lot after the game,” Leary said, via ESPN.com. “I kind of stayed on the field a little bit because I’ve been here the last five years of my life. That’s just as long as you’re in college, so I’ve grown close to a lot of players here, a lot of staff. It’s tough to think about, because you don’t know the future when you hit the market like that. It’s tough, but it’s part of the game.”

The Jets signed guard Brian Winters to a four-year deal with $15 million in guaranteed money earlier this week and Leary has started six more games over the last four years. That may be a sign of what Leary can expect on the market and an offer in that neighborhood will likely result in him moving on from Dallas.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those interested in Ronald Leary. From PFT...

Ronald Leary wanted to leave the Cowboys before the start of the 2016 season as his run in the starting lineup came to an end with the arrival of La’El Collins in 2015, but the Cowboys held onto him as insurance against an injury.

That proved wise as Collins suffered a toe injury early in the season and Leary stepped in at left guard for an offensive line that didn’t miss a beat with the change in personnel. Leary is set to be a free agent this offseason, and the combination of Collins’ return and the heavy investment the Cowboys have already made on the offensive line leave him pretty sure about how things will play out.

“I thought about it a lot after the game,” Leary said, via ESPN.com. “I kind of stayed on the field a little bit because I’ve been here the last five years of my life. That’s just as long as you’re in college, so I’ve grown close to a lot of players here, a lot of staff. It’s tough to think about, because you don’t know the future when you hit the market like that. It’s tough, but it’s part of the game.”

The Jets signed guard Brian Winters to a four-year deal with $15 million in guaranteed money earlier this week and Leary has started six more games over the last four years. That may be a sign of what Leary can expect on the market and an offer in that neighborhood will likely result in him moving on from Dallas.

now I see why folks are saying Leary will cost about 10mil a year. He will probably want about 8 mil in base salary. Zeitler and the guy from Detroit may be slightly cheaper and just as effective. I'm not sure what we have at LG is good enough to get us to the playoffs. I'd assume the market would set DT Williams around 6 mil in base.

I think they both are worth it, Leary for obvious scheme reasons and Williams for his great numbers at NT.
Williams IMO is a fit even if we switch to a 4-3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
now I see why folks are saying Leary will cost about 10mil a year. He will probably want about 8 mil in base salary. Zeitler and the guy from Detroit may be slightly cheaper and just as effective. I'm not sure what we have at LG is good enough to get us to the playoffs. I'd assume the market would set DT Williams around 6 mil in base.

I think they both are worth it, Leary for obvious scheme reasons and Williams for his great numbers at NT.
Williams IMO is a fit even if we switch to a 4-3
he isnt getting 10 mil per year

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we are having problems landing a good DC what make us think we can land a top notch free agent williams probaly will say im not playing for manusuck when i can play for phillips etc etc ...skins dad will call it doom and gloom am calling it a fact we are closer being the browns then we are being a superbowl contender

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he isnt getting 10 mil per year
I think in base, bonus, and incentives it is possible if winters got 7mil.

if we are having problems landing a good DC what make us think we can land a top notch free agent williams probaly will say im not playing for manusuck when i can play for phillips etc etc ...skins dad will call it doom and gloom am calling it a fact we are closer being the browns then we are being a superbowl contender
I've noticed that winning is not always a priority when players sign with new teams. D.C. is close to baltimore, he could potentially get a 5mil dollar raise, and its likely while he is here, we will make the playoffs at least twice.
At his position, i doubt he has dreams of H.O.F. Its probably more so about taking care of his family