• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pelini takes shot at Nebraska AD

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's time for Nebraska to become the traditional powerhouse it once was and relevant again! Might be tough to be what they were without a very special hire but they can certainly start winning Conference Championships and get in the NC discussions! It can be done. I remember all the analysts especially people like Colin Cowherd saying Alabama will NEVER be the power it once was and the fans need to get over it. He never recognized they were slammed with probation and was finally coming out of it when Saban arrived (great timing for all). He continued to cut down the program and fans. He came around when they started winning and building everything back but now he's trying to slam them on the downside of the dynasty saying it's over and we should recognize it. Over? We lost on a kick six or we were probably playing for our third straight NC? Wow, some peoples idea of over is tough! Good luck Nebraska! Don't listen to these idiots! Make people like Cowherd eat it!!!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eichorst made the right decision.... and then Bo confirmed that for him. :pound:

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Youngstown State and saw his exit meeting with former players, I would be looking for ways to get out of that contract right now. I have no problem with a coach who swears and uses inappropriate language all the time. I don't care if my coach isn't political and doesn't "play the game" and instead just cares about coaching. But if that's how he's gonna treat his former players when his former employer is nice enough to let him say goodbye?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini always reminded be of Gary Gibbs minus the crazyness. Gibbs took the job after Switzer, had some good seasons, no losing records but the program never really went to that next level. Just sorta hung in there and was average. An accpetable record at a average program but never really making it to the next level.

Really, though the past couple years Nebraska was going to do something special with Michgan's downfall and tOSU on probation, the opportunity was there....but instead of Nebraksa taking it to the next level, Michigan State took advantage of the opportunity.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw this yesterday.

What he did was confirm that firing him was the right thing to do. For a head/former head coach at a pround university like Nebraska, or any university really, to talk like that was incredibly immature and bush league.

To use the 'C' word is unforgivable. I cannot even imagine a Texas or former Texas coach speaking like that in public. Think if he did, he would never, ever get a job coaching kids/students again. I mean calling someone a puss is one thing, but using that other word in public, is a no-no.

I wouldnt be surprised if Youngstown State decides not to hire him now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his comments about rather work at McDonalds someone should really make a Pelini in a McD's uniform smiley. That shit has to happen.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was Youngstown State and saw his exit meeting with former players, I would be looking for ways to get out of that contract right now. I have no problem with a coach who swears and uses inappropriate language all the time. I don't care if my coach isn't political and doesn't "play the game" and instead just cares about coaching. But if that's how he's gonna treat his former players when his former employer is nice enough to let him say goodbye?

Texas Tech took on Bob Knight after his radical departure from Indiana. Faculty opposed the hire and there were all sort of people not happy about it. They took him anyway because they were willing to trade their dignity for wins on the court.

This is no different. Not that I'm putting Pelini in the same category as Knight, but that he's probably a much more seasoned and experienced HC than they would otherwise be able to attract if it wasn't for being willing to take him with his baggage.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his comments about rather work at McDonalds someone should really make a Pelini in a McD's uniform smiley. That shit has to happen.

pelinimcDs_zps1b95a595.jpg

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could it possibly be a step back from that loser? Nebraska never won any games of any significance under his watch. What is the real difference between a 9-4 and a 5-7 season? They are both irrelevant; especially when you consider the tomato cans Nebraska has beat the past 7 years.

For fucks sake, in year 7 the defensive genius gave up a record 408 yards rushing to a single player. A player on a team that later went on to get shutout 59-0. How does it possibly get any worse?

I'm glad the Saturday's are gone when Nebraska fans had to cringe and be fearful of what their douchebag head coach might do next to embarrass our university. We can finally move on from a complete fraud that held our program hostage for 7 years of hollow wins and embarrassing meltdowns.

Mike Riley may not be the answer, but Bo Pelini certainly wasn't. At least now the rest of the college football world can fully see the cancer that this man (child) was to our program.

Exactly. I don't know if Riley is the answer for the 'Huskers or not either.

What I do know is that 'Husker fans will be able to discuss/debate/defend his actual coaching decisions and how the team is performing on the field rather than his latest embarrassing sideline eruption, post game presser meltdown or recorded rants disparaging their fanbase and/or administration.

That alone should be a breath of fresh air for 'Husker fans.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelini always reminded be of Gary Gibbs minus the crazyness. Gibbs took the job after Switzer, had some good seasons, no losing records but the program never really went to that next level. Just sorta hung in there and was average. An accpetable record at a average program but never really making it to the next level.

Really, though the past couple years Nebraska was going to do something special with Michgan's downfall and tOSU on probation, the opportunity was there....but instead of Nebraksa taking it to the next level, Michigan State took advantage of the opportunity.

I played golf a couple of times with Gibbs. 3 of us in the foursome would be talking, teasing each other, bitching about something and there was Gary ----- mute as a damn rock. He'd go 15 minutes without saying a word. He wasn't mad at anyone; he just had no personality. I vetoed him playing with us anymore. Too much of a downer. And Gibbs treated the fans with absolute condescension. I never thought I'd see that again in a coach at OU until Bob Stoops flunked out of charm school and is pulling the exact same shit treating everyone like they are morons and he's The Chosen One.

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Pelini's mentors were Earl Bruce ans Nick Saban. So I get his attitude but he needed to refine his PC skills at a smaller school like Saban did. He was not ready for the national spotlight that a Nebraska coach has to deal with on a daily basis.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two of Pelini's mentors were Earl Bruce ans Nick Saban. So I get his attitude but he needed to refine his PC skills at a smaller school like Saban did. He was not ready for the national spotlight that a Nebraska coach has to deal with on a daily basis.

Yes because as an adult it's so easy to become a dick because of a little time spend around some coaches you worked for? :noidea:

Pretty sure he was a dick way before he met Earl Bruce or Saban! :nod:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes because as an adult it's so easy to become a dick because of a little time spend around some coaches you worked for? :noidea:

Pretty sure he was a dick way before he met Earl Bruce or Saban! :nod:

In elementary school? I don't think he is a dick.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All clues point to this boys: He loves the power of being a head coach, but HATES the responsibility and scrutiny.

Players chewed tobacco in practice and he knew about it. JJM claims he talked to a player who said Bo flat out encouraged it.

Couple that with everything you've heard and it all makes sense.

nddulac

Doh! mer
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,787.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me that YSU is a great fit for a coach who can not conduct himself in a professional manner in regards to his former colleagues. After all, the Youngstown president recently acalled out some unamed person for being two-faced via twitter. Seems like a match made in heaven to me!