• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever wins the East division will win the Big10. The West division leader will have a better record each year then East leader but come time they play the East will win 9 out of 10 times.

1A) OSU
1B) Michigan
3) Wisconsin
4) Penn State
5) Magic 8 ball

Why do you have Wisconsin in the east?

Also, why does everyone assume Michigan will return to dominance in their division? They are good, and I believe will win the division occasionally, but I'm not sure they are in much different position then Penn State and Michigan St. Michigan (in the supposedly lesser dominant division) hasn't played in the B1G championship game in the first two seasons.....

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Penn State if placed in your division would be battling Wisconsin and some years Nebraska for the West division title. OSU and Michigan are the top teams in the East and will be for years to come. PSU only hope of making it to the division title is having Michigan lose 2 games in a season but beat OSU and PSU would have to go undefeated.

No. Penn State is finished competing for a few years. They will win some games, but championships will not happen regardless of which division they are in.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are forgetting that he has had only two years to get a different type of player for the B1G. We won't see many if any freshman out of this years class, get much playing time early, unless we have a huge lead. The other top teams in the conference, already had B1G type players for the new head coaches to work with. Give Bo time, I think he will get over the 9-10 win hump. If that's what you want to call it. I call it a winning program.

gbr!!

I can give him that but I also have to say he isn't a great recruiter. Yes big ten and big12 are very different ESP what you need on defense. But the first two classes bo had didn't do the job look at the 2011 n last year defense. Want to imagine how life in the big12 would have been with our defense....

So I can give him that but if your recruit up to speed you can adapt faster.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Penn State if placed in your division would be battling Wisconsin and some years Nebraska for the West division title. OSU and Michigan are the top teams in the East and will be for years to come. PSU only hope of making it to the division title is having Michigan lose 2 games in a season but beat OSU and PSU would have to go undefeated.

Are we talking about psu?? :wtf2:

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30 years from now will you talk with your football buddies about how NU got blown out in the B1G conference championship in 2013, or will you reminisce on how NU finished 14-1, beating an SEC runner up in a BCS bowl game?? (Just a cheery non prediction on this coming season. :hope: ) BIG picture, a loss is only a loss.

14-1 ill take that even tho it isn't possible but that would look awesome

But then the 70 pts by wisky who would need 4-5 games points wise to get close to what they did to us.

But if you can make 14-1 happen then beers will be on me!!':suds:

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The east division

Penn State is in trouble.

Ohio State and Michigan will rule that side. Penn State will challenge once in awhile and Michigan State even rarer than that.

That side still has Rutgers, Maryland, and Indiana. None of those three will be scary. When the B1G adds two more teams for the next TV contract, Indiana will be sent to the western division. The two new teams will probably be on the Atlantic seaboard side.

For football, the western division is going to be Wisconsin and Nebraska. Iowa, Illinois, Minnesota, and Purdue will struggle. Northwestern will be an upstart as long as Fitzgerald stays, but their academics makes it tough on athletes. Then, once Indiana comes over it will still be Wisconsin and Nebraska.

The way the B1G is setup the western division is going to be like the Big 12 North and the eastern division will refer to the western division as the worst division in college football. Why? All the recruits are in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan and the east coast. The same arguments used in the Big 12 will be used in the B1G eastern division. Why play in the western division when your family can see more of you in the eastern division.

For basketball the western division is a complete joke. Nebraska could actually compete in basketball if the B1G goes to divisions in basketball. If the B1G grows, it will have to. Until Indiana comes over to the west. BTW, I think Tim Miles will raise Nebraska's basketball profile, I never said that before about Nebraska B Ball.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever wins the East division will win the Big10. The West division leader will have a better record each year then East leader but come time they play the East will win 9 out of 10 times.

1A) OSU
1B) Michigan
3) Wisconsin
4) Penn State
5) Magic 8 ball

Your first statement (bolded) is false. Penn St could win the East division, but is not eligible to play for the B-one-G championship game. So they can't "win the Big10".

Also, Wisconsin will be in the West division so they can't win the East division.

When corrected, your list looks like this.

1A) OSU
1B) Michigan
2) Magic 8 ball

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of this debate has been good to read the last day or so but really, I won't believe anything until the genius of this thread comments on what you are saying. I mean, he has more than proven his knowledge throughout this thread and he deserves the respect.

Wait, what was that? He can't debate anyone because that means he would have to deviate from his scripted rhetoric in order to actually debate? Well then, know who am I supposed to believe?

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can give him that but I also have to say he isn't a great recruiter. Yes big ten and big12 are very different ESP what you need on defense. But the first two classes bo had didn't do the job look at the 2011 n last year defense. Want to imagine how life in the big12 would have been with our defense....

I will wait a few more years on Bo's recruiting. You maybe right, but I sure hope it just has to do with his getting the right kids, to fit his style of D. I don't think we can count his first year in the B1G, as he had to do a 180 turn around, from the kids they were looking at all season, and had offers out to already, then start scrambling to switch gears, on getting different kids.
Lets hope for the best going forward.

gbr..

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will wait a few more years on Bo's recruiting. You maybe right, but I sure hope it just has to do with his getting the right kids, to fit his style of D. I don't think we can count his first year in the B1G, as he had to do a 180 turn around, from the kids they were looking at all season, and had offers out to already, then start scrambling to switch gears, on getting different kids.
Lets hope for the best going forward.

gbr..

But all bo had to do was get a front 7 that still an issue. Secondary is fine
Offense surprisingly is not a problem people want to come here and play defense has a been an adventure

Time is now the next 5 years will determine alot,honeymoon is over.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-------Andto an extent recruiting is a big part of any teams success. After the 2012 season, there were I believe four HC positions open in the SEC. Why wasn't Pelini on anyones short list? or long list for that matter? One B1G coach was hired---not Pelini. The rest of the hires I believe were assistants from somewhere else. Why wsn't Bo considered in the mix considering his 9-10 wins a year? I mean he knows the territory, and by and large the SEC is defensive oriented, and his salary would not have been prohibitive for him being hired somewhere in the nations best conference? So for the rest of the college football world, why is this guy still at Nebraksa if he's that good?