• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will only say this....if you fire a coach that wins 10 games and goes to Jan 1 bowl games..your replacement will be about as good as my left nut regardless about how you feel about the guy in charge now. why would any decent coach want to come to this kind of pressure. No wonder Bo fucking hates it here.

The key to this whole statement is, how good is your left nut? If he is good then let's just hire him now!!! If not then how is the right nut?

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to this whole statement is, how good is your left nut? If he is good then let's just hire him now!!! If not then how is the right nut?

I will only say this....my left nut is so bad even your mom turned it down

:drumroll: :lame:

Footballnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't fire a coach who goes 10-3... it's not good business, and cripples programs for years. You would think we learned that once already.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Solich was fired, the players wanted Pelini

Unfortunately, the era of Steve Pedersen was on and he did not like Pelini. Peddy wanted yes men to tell him that he farted rainbows and unicorns.

Pelini is growing into the job. He is winning nine or more games a season. nebraska has been in the conference championship three out of the last four years. Tom Osborne did the same thing. Back then, there were bumper stickers calling for Osborne's head in 1975. Such as, "Hire Linda Lovelace, she does not choke on the big ones."

If Nebraska goes the way they did in 2007, then yes, Coach Pelini should be looking for a job. The players have not quit playing for him as they did with Call & Cosg. (I just can't type their names)

Nebraska is very close to getting over the hump. I predicted that 2015 will be the year that Nebraska makes a run. 2015 is another favorable schedule, Nebraska just has to get past the Hurricanes, because all the Lincoln home games are the tough teams. The young defense pays its dues in 2013, then the young offense pays its dues in 2014.

A young offense of Tommy Armstrong, Johnny Stanton, Terrell Newby, Adam Taylor, Jordan Westerkamp, Alonzo Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you don't fire a coach who goes 10-3... it's not good business, and cripples programs for years. You would think we learned that once already.
I think I just found a 'Nut that's good enough!

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm willing to give him another 5 years

But the reality is this if bo keeps winning 9-10 games he won't be fired

In five years if he wins 10 out of 13 games he will have 50 wins out of
65 games played. That 50 out of 65 very very hard to fire and expect another coach to come in and coach with that pressure knowing 10 isn't enough

With that being said still no excuses not to take full advantage of these easy schedule coming up! But for bo to be fired he needs to dip into under 9 wins... That won't happen unless major injuries or players quitting.

So bo safe as long has he does no worse that 9-4 cycle .

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What about for consistently getting blown out?

tOSU 63-38
Wisc 70-31

Wisc 48-17
Mich 45-17

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he had some unteachable unmotivated players the last two years but what worries me is though the blowouts have been the last two years there has always been a few games where they don't show up every season.

I will be watching this season to not so much see a difference in talent or athleticism but more so in motivation. I can handle losses. I can not handle embarassing losses and I think if the current trend were to continue 2-3 more years there is no one out there that would knock Nebraska for looking for a better coach.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about for consistently getting blown out?

tOSU 63-38
Wisc 70-31

Wisc 48-17
Mich 45-17

I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he had some unteachable unmotivated players the last two years but what worries me is though the blowouts have been the last two years there has always been a few games where they don't show up every season.

I will be watching this season to not so much see a difference in talent or athleticism but more so in motivation. I can handle losses. I can not handle embarassing losses and I think if the current trend were to continue 2-3 more years there is no one out there that would knock Nebraska for looking for a better coach.

That where the problem comes a coach who get 9-10 wins a year but gets blown out twice a year and losses to a team they should beat....

That is a no win situation bc bo is doing enough not to get fired but isn't near elite level yet....

That why best bet is give him 5 more years and we shall see what happens

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That where the problem comes a coach who get 9-10 wins a year but gets blown out twice a year and losses to a team they should beat....

That is a no win situation bc bo is doing enough not to get fired but isn't near elite level yet....

That why best bet is give him 5 more years and we shall see what happens

Neither is the talent he has put out on the field. Give him enough time and things will turn around. He's getting it figured out.

The blow outs suck, but in the big picture, they are still only a loss.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the above is the original issue the Oregon fan bought up. And while most of you were playing king of the hill with me (to no good effect), few of you have addresssed what his concern was. And the honest to God's truth (no matter how you want to spin it) since 2001 we have had big ugly losses almost every year. That is not Husker football nor is there an excuse for it.

If Pelini does not go 11-2 next year and give us a BCS bowl along with those 11 wins, he should go. And the issue isn't who should replace him, but if he should stay. I say no.

What if he delivers all of that, but gets blown out in the BCS game? Still stay, or go because of the big loss? Where are you setting the bar. So far, wins aren't good enough, you are more interested in the big loss or two than the 9-10 wins.

I bet if you hit the lottery you would bitch about the taxes instead of enjoying the windfall.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither is the talent he has put out on the field. Give him enough time and things will turn around. He's getting it figured out.

The blow outs suck, but in the big picture, they are still only a loss.

I have disagree with the loss is just a loss

In theory yes but if team A and team B both have 4 losses,but team A has all its losses by less than 7 pts. Now team b has four blowout by 21 or more tell me which team will have better morale and what fanbase is still pumped and happy

If bo doesn't have any blowout no one is talking about firing him. There is no excuses if your a defensive genius and your getting slapped around twice a year.

I'm reasonable I don't expect national title at this point I jut want conference title 1/3 years and some bcs game or top bowls. And finish in the top15. The most feared defense in the conference is pat narduzzi defense at MSU if they find an offense look out.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What if he delivers all of that, but gets blown out in the BCS game? Still stay, or go because of the big loss? Where are you setting the bar. So far, wins aren't good enough, you are more interested in the big loss or two than the 9-10 wins.

I bet if you hit the lottery you would bitch about the taxes instead of enjoying the windfall.

That is an unfair judgment. I understand your support your team ideology but wearing blinders and ignoring weaknesses is not supporting them in my eyes.
It can not be just about win-losses.
How the game is played is very very important and there is much more to a program at any level, from youth rec to pro. Now the individual details change from level to level but they certainly are important.

A college program is judged by it's off the field contributions to the community, the players actions, specifically lack of illegal offenses.

On the field the team is judged by it's behavior. Are they timid or aggressive? Are they disciplined and fundamentally sound? Do they come ready to play or does it take a quarter to get ready. Can they last the whole game or do they wear down and possibly most importantly how do they face adversity.

This last season was a great example of the last. How many games did the Huskers battle back in, against over whelming odds to win? But what is this team known for? Despite all their comebacks they are known for the blow out loss against Wisconsin. That is the world we live in. And Bo who was known as a defensive genius before taking this position is now questioned as being able to field a defense without 4/5 star recruits.

There is so much more than the W/L column in a successful team and Pelini has many of these down. He has got to beat this blowout trend or more specifically trend not to show up for big games to be a "successful" head coach though.

Last edited by a moderator:

azred

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we are forgetting that he has had only two years to get a different type of player for the B1G. We won't see many if any freshman out of this years class, get much playing time early, unless we have a huge lead. The other top teams in the conference, already had B1G type players for the new head coaches to work with. Give Bo time, I think he will get over the 9-10 win hump. If that's what you want to call it. I call it a winning program.

gbr!!

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever wins the East division will win the Big10. The West division leader will have a better record each year then East leader but come time they play the East will win 9 out of 10 times.

1A) OSU
1B) Michigan
3) Wisconsin
4) Penn State
5) Magic 8 ball

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who ever wins the East division will win the Big10. The West division leader will have a better record each year then East leader but come time they play the East will win 9 out of 10 times.

1A) OSU
1B) Michigan
3) Wisconsin
4) Penn State
5) Magic 8 ball

Don't pull a SEC dormat team that dick ride their division or conference knowing they won't win either but wants to brag bc they are in that divison

Brag about having a tougher divison if YOUR team is the reason it's tough not bc your IN that particular divison. Bc we all know it will be osu/mich coming out

Your better than that :doh:

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have disagree with the loss is just a loss

In theory yes but if team A and team B both have 4 losses,but team A has all its losses by less than 7 pts. Now team b has four blowout by 21 or more tell me which team will have better morale and what fanbase is still pumped and happy

If bo doesn't have any blowout no one is talking about firing him. There is no excuses if your a defensive genius and your getting slapped around twice a year.

I'm reasonable I don't expect national title at this point I jut want conference title 1/3 years and some bcs game or top bowls. And finish in the top15. The most feared defense in the conference is pat narduzzi defense at MSU if they find an offense look out.

30 years from now will you talk with your football buddies about how NU got blown out in the B1G conference championship in 2013, or will you reminisce on how NU finished 14-1, beating an SEC runner up in a BCS bowl game?? (Just a cheery non prediction on this coming season. :hope: ) BIG picture, a loss is only a loss.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is an unfair judgment. I understand your support your team ideology but wearing blinders and ignoring weaknesses is not supporting them in my eyes.
It can not be just about win-losses.
How the game is played is very very important and there is much more to a program at any level, from youth rec to pro. Now the individual details change from level to level but they certainly are important.

A college program is judged by it's off the field contributions to the community, the players actions, specifically lack of illegal offenses.

On the field the team is judged by it's behavior. Are they timid or aggressive? Are they disciplined and fundamentally sound? Do they come ready to play or does it take a quarter to get ready. Can they last the whole game or do they wear down and possibly most importantly how do they face adversity.

This last season was a great example of the last. How many games did the Huskers battle back in, against over whelming odds to win? But what is this team known for? Despite all their comebacks they are known for the blow out loss against Wisconsin. That is the world we live in. And Bo who was known as a defensive genius before taking this position is now questioned as being able to field a defense without 4/5 star recruits.

There is so much more than the W/L column in a successful team and Pelini has many of these down. He has got to beat this blowout trend or more specifically trend not to show up for big games to be a "successful" head coach though.

I was asking Asshat472 a question.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please Penn State if placed in your division would be battling Wisconsin and some years Nebraska for the West division title. OSU and Michigan are the top teams in the East and will be for years to come. PSU only hope of making it to the division title is having Michigan lose 2 games in a season but beat OSU and PSU would have to go undefeated.