• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Tommieboy, why no response to why To didn't rehire Solich? No response. Got it.

But let's take a real look at that "great" Colorado team of 2001. The last game they played was against the #2 ranked team and got blown out much like Nebraska did with Miami. And you all want to way that this Colorado team was that great?

Here's the pattern. Nebraska got blown out twice in 2001. In 2002 not much better--two blowouts by the Oklahoma State game and Oklahoma State I believe was 2-4 and we lost that one as well--followed by a couple of more blowouts.

2003? Three blowouts in the year Frank hired Barney Cotton as OC? I mean really? I never liked Pederson for the very reasons that my "souces" weren't happy with Solich. Pederson was an ass but he stuck by his word when he said he wouldn't allow Nebrasks to become second rate. Unfortunately he didn't have the personality to hire the right coach. Callahan was a desperate hire, because eveyone within our program was freely admitting to anyone that would ask that Pederson was a dick.

This does not address nor has anyone addressed why TO made no effort to rehire Solich. It couldn't have been because of the buyout of Franks contract @ Ohio. Hell that was worth all of $3.98. And yet all of you continue to support FS when in fact his "regime" was the begiining of a very bad pattern--we still don't win big games. Mock me all you want, but show some balls and refute what I've said. Can't do it? Then you have really no idea of what Husker football is all about. hell, stay with Pelini, he hasn't won many big games either. Oh wit he has 9- 10 victories a year.

TL,DR

Why do you insist on writing a fucking book every time you post? I didn't respond because I didn't read your entire post.
That being said, here is your response:

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention the search resulted in it coming down to Turner Gill and Bo. Bo won out because of his defensive pedigree and the state that the defense was in at the time..... By my recollection the intent was to hire a 'defense first' coach from the onset of the search.
Does no one else remember it that way?

Yes, the job was initially offered to Jim Grobe who is a defensive guy. He turned it down because he wanted to bring his whole staff with home and Osborne said no.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, the job was initially offered to Jim Grobe who is a defensive guy. He turned it down because he wanted to bring his whole staff with home and Osborne said no.

What if grobe got the coaching how much different would things be?!

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I don't even remember the Grobe part.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to tell but because Osborne wanted control over the hiring of assistants like did when Solich got the job he wasn't going to allow it.

With that being said what if Tom didn't control the assistant hiring what direction would Bo have gone bc him and watts didn't see eye to eye on offense at all.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to tell but because Osborne wanted control over the hiring of assistants like did when Solich got the job he wasn't going to allow it.

Gotta stay that kinda Crappy because a coach should have its choice of whoever he wants. But I will also says there is always 1-2 Gus front a previous staff that you should keep if they did a good job

My example cally should have kept BO he might still have his job depending on how long bo stays before someone else grabs him

For bo staff he maybe shouldn't have kept watts as we can see now they waged different things

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than crappy!!!! It is terrible. Osborne screwed Solich from the very beginning by forcing him to keep that old staff. What other new coach can't hire his own staff? That is why I am not a fan of Osborne's outside of him being a coach of course. That and him as a politician was just pathetic!!!! Thank god he wasn't elected governor!!!!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is more than crappy!!!! It is terrible. Osborne screwed Solich from the very beginning by forcing him to keep that old staff. What other new coach can't hire his own staff? That is why I am not a fan of Osborne's outside of him being a coach of course. That and him as a politician was just pathetic!!!! Thank god he wasn't elected governor!!!!

So in a way could say that Tom handicap Neb offense first two years with us keeping watts??

Bc the way tmart came out of no where he was not the the qb for watts west coast mini spread offense.

But then one could say if we had ganz for 2 more years we would have been ok

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom handicapped this program the moment he left!!!!!

I've always felt he left to soon.

Frankie best year were with Tom boys imagine if he had stayed till like 02.

98 maybe 1-2 losses

99 undefeated or loss in title game

00 maybe 1-2 loss

01 I'm thinking undefeated season till we meet Texas or Miami

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about if he left too early for me. He left because he didn't like the landscape of college football and the direction it was going. He never liked the Big 12.

I say he handicapped the program as soon as he left because of how he screwed and handcuffed Solich.

Solich was in a no win situation following a legend but then to handcuff him into keeping the entire staff just screwed him even more.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about if he left too early for me. He left because he didn't like the landscape of college football and the direction it was going. He never liked the Big 12.

I say he handicapped the program as soon as he left because of how he screwed and handcuffed Solich.

Solich was in a no win situation following a legend but then to handcuff him into keeping the entire staff just screwed him even more.

BLASPHEME!! Watch what you say about our lord and savior T.O.

On a side note, when my son was in 8th grade they were studying Greek mythology. He had to do a report on a god and he did one on the "God of the Option Offense." It was a school in Iowa. Teacher was not amused.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is said that Tom Osborne once cured a man of Erectile Dysfunction

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was January 1, 1995 to be exact......

Actually every man who owned a TV that night was miraculously cured

BigRedMoe

Highly Polished Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a side note, when my son was in 8th grade they were studying Greek mythology. He had to do a report on a god and he did one on the "God of the Option Offense." It was a school in Iowa. Teacher was not amused.
"Be righteous, My Sons."
images

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Any one that wants to get rid of p0rn is sure as shit not my lord and savior!!!!

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Ohio st And unc are mad

Ducks got off big time

Lesson leaned NIKE!