• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking an honest question here. Would like to hear the responses. What is Husker fans thoughts on your head coach Bo Pelini. I knew when he got hired it was like the messiah was coming to Cornhusker land (obviously anyone was better than what you endured with Callahan) and Pelini seemed to do a great job his first 2 years? But IMO, last couple years has fallen short, seemed like Nebraska was on the rise after getting jobbed by Texas in the Big12 title game. But since that season things have sorta fallen.

I also preferred Peilini when he showed his emotions on the sidelines, but I understand in this PC world that was a huge no-no and many people were upset with a coach showing his emotions. Yes, he may have gotten carried away, but IMO, I like that, shows the coach is battling for his players. That is when you tell your players, "You don't talk crap to the refs, I will take care of that for you." can earn players respect. But seems Peilini has calmed down over the last year or two.

Anyways, overall your thoughts on him? Still giving him time as he is a young HC and give him time to fix his issues? Or is his seat getting warm?

Also he a good recruiter>? I thought with his ties to LSU and being in the SEC while producing stud D-Lineman he would be getting monsters at Nu.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking an honest question here. Would like to hear the responses. What is Husker fans thoughts on your head coach Bo Pelini. I knew when he got hired it was like the messiah was coming to Cornhusker land (obviously anyone was better than what you endured with He who shall remain nameless) and Pelini seemed to do a great job his first 2 years? But IMO, last couple years has fallen short, seemed like Nebraska was on the rise after getting jobbed by Texas in the Big12 title game. But since that season things have sorta fallen.

I also preferred Peilini when he showed his emotions on the sidelines, but I understand in this PC world that was a huge no-no and many people were upset with a coach showing his emotions. Yes, he may have gotten carried away, but IMO, I like that, shows the coach is battling for his players. That is when you tell your players, "You don't talk crap to the refs, I will take care of that for you." can earn players respect. But seems Peilini has calmed down over the last year or two.

Anyways, overall your thoughts on him? Still giving him time as he is a young HC and give him time to fix his issues? Or is his seat getting warm?

Also he a good recruiter>? I thought with his ties to LSU and being in the SEC while producing stud D-Lineman he would be getting monsters at Nu.

First, FIFY
Second, from what I have seen there is a pretty even split between those who like Pelini and those who wish he would move on. Recent blowouts in big games have some up in arms over his defenses. He is, after all, a defensive genius.
His recruiting is a little suspect, though we have only witnessed one of his recruiting classes play out eligibility. I think we are all scratching our heads over his inability to land the stud DL, but many believe it is his 2 gap defensive scheme that keeps them away.
I like his sideline fire.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From sounds of it you guy are poised to have a decent year this year. I think Nebraska wins their division and once again gets to the B1G title game, but I think they fall short against Ohio State.

I do think going forward the B1G will be ordered like this.

1.) Ohio State
2.) Nebraska
3.) Michigan

I think Wisconsin starts to fall off with losing that douche bag.

But as far as those other fans wanting him to move on. Unless he takes another offer, I don't see you guys getting rid of him if he can maintain being at least 2nd in the B1G.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've hashed and rehashed this question over the last 3 years.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh fair enough

Ill support Bo as long as hes here.. outside of immediately after a loss

Hes growing as a head coach and recruiter.. just taking more time than we wanted it to i think

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh fair enough

Ill support Bo as long as hes here.. outside of immediately after a loss

Hes growing as a head coach and recruiter.. just taking more time than we wanted it to i think

if I recall you guys got a new AD. Any thoughts that the AD will make changes? I feel Osborne was going to be patient with Peilini, but chance this guy wants success quicker and will want his own guy in there? Or like most athletic departments around the country does the head football coach kinda have higher power than the AD?

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll fire Bo if it gets bad.. Bos not in charge, but AD isnt a moron thatll fire a 10 win coach without good reason

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My biggest concern is the blowouts of the last few years. If we can be competitive in the B1G and make an occasional BCS bowl or even January bowls we win then I am good.

Basically if we can be a contender.

As of right now though the blow outs have kept us from getting the respect needed to be in the picture.

If not for the blow outs we would have the conference championships and BCS bowls I am asking for.

If the blowouts can't stop than he has to be replaced. I won't put a time line on it but that is the bottom line

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
P.S.

As for the side line I want some of the fire back but it needs to be a controlled burn. A&M did a lot of damage when that fire got turned towards our own sideline.

He seems to be somewhat neutered right now (and I am guessing that is self invoked because of A&M) but if he can not control who is on the receiving end I would prefer what we have now.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. I have asked numerous times about how you guys can even get behind that WR/QB. But I don't think ive ever asked about your coach.

Which reiterates that you keep asking the same questions over and over. I told you on the cfb forum the other day that Martinez was a safety turned qb.

You read this Husker forum regularly so you know all these things. You are just trolling by asking the same stuff over and over.

It's your MO of getting in subversive bashes on the program, it's players and fans.

Last edited by a moderator:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which reiterates that you keep asking the same questions over and over. I told you on the cfb forum the other day that Martinez was a safety turned qb.

You read this Husker forum regularly so you know all these things. You are just trolling by asking the same stuff over and over.

It's your MO of getting in subversive bashes on the program, it's players and fans.

my entire image of your program has changed since your spring game and what you guys did. I thought that was awesome and will not bash your team or program since I saw what integrity and pure awesomness your coaching staff and program displayed with that little kid. I respect that.

But read the titel and my sentence I had an honest question about your coach. Nothing more.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD what dont you like at Martinez.

that he throws like Uncle Rico. Doesn't seem to get much better at it, especially since it doesn't appear to ever work against a decent defense. Yet people praise him. The kid can tear up weak D's and look great doing it, but once he goes against a decent defensive team his throwing sucks. His decision making becomes poor. yet it appears he has no competition at the QB position?

But mostly what I don't like about him, is combined with what is stated above (nto that great of a QB) he thinks he is, he comes off very confident, like over confident of himself. I also heard he cried to his dad when your coach yelled at him or something.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that he throws like Uncle Rico. Doesn't seem to get much better at it, especially since it doesn't appear to ever work against a decent defense. Yet people praise him. The kid can tear up weak D's and look great doing it, but once he goes against a decent defensive team his throwing sucks. His decision making becomes poor. yet it appears he has no competition at the QB position?

But mostly what I don't like about him, is combined with what is stated above (nto that great of a QB) he thinks he is, he comes off very confident, like over confident of himself. I also heard he cried to his dad when your coach yelled at him or something.

I know you're just trying to annoy Husker fans here, but that's what happens when teams have a good defense.....I know you're not familiar with the entire concept of defense in the pac 12, but good defenses can shut down star offensive players......that's the whole point in fielding a good defense to shut down the opposing teams offensive stars......

As much as you read our board, I find it extremely difficult to believe you don't already know what most folks opinions' are pertaining to Pelini and Martinez, so not sure why you continue to start these types of threads other than for trolling purposes.....

I know we've gone over this in your Martinez bashing threads, but saying Martinez called to cry to his daddy is just what you want to believe......No matter how many times we explain to you what happened with all that you wont believe us because you already have your mind made up.....

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is a serious post?

I think it been clear and bright as day how husker fans feel about bo and Taylor lol ESP after a blowout haha

Plus I think you kinda answer your own question haha

But on another note do you think you will skip a beat with chip gone or is the system still in place where it doesn't really matter who coaches??