• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it really depends on your expectations of program.

Compete for national championship most times - No like
Compete for B1G championship most teams - Yes like
Run clean and respectable program - Yes like
Gets 4 and 5 star recruits most times - No like

I'm sure more can be added. I think the fans have to realize that Husker program is a stable, respected program, but not a powerhouse, top of the chart program. They will compete for BCS bowl games on occasion, but rearly for a national championship.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OD comes to troll and you guys bite.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon sucks, scott frost sucks

I really identify with you, so much

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest answer: His team gets blown the fuck out on a consistent basis and loses at least 4 games per season.
He also throws little girl-like tantrums.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So this is a serious post?

I think it been clear and bright as day how husker fans feel about bo and Taylor lol ESP after a blowout haha

Plus I think you kinda answer your own question haha

But on another note do you think you will skip a beat with chip gone or is the system still in place where it doesn't really matter who coaches??

It'll be interesting. Honestly, I think we have enough of our key players returning to be good regardless who coaches, but it really helps that Helfrich was the Offensive Coordinator under Kelly so he understands Kelly's concepts and vision. So I don't think we miss much of a beat.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting. Honestly, I think we have enough of our key players returning to be good regardless who coaches, but it really helps that Helfrich was the Offensive Coordinator under Kelly so he understands Kelly's concepts and vision. So I don't think we miss much of a beat.

That was what I was thinking

So with that being said does oregon style of play now gonna be a system base so that no matter what coaches leave or get replace??

And does recruiting stay the same?? Because huff and DAT are getting near graduation time are y'all still looking for slot speedster that can snap ankles and burn turf ?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was what I was thinking

So with that being said does oregon style of play now gonna be a system base so that no matter what coaches leave or get replace??

And does recruiting stay the same?? Because huff and DAT are getting near graduation time are y'all still looking for slot speedster that can snap ankles and burn turf ?

I think it is a Kelly system, that will probably just be passed to coach after coach, keep hiring coaches from the system. Would expect our next HC will be Frost or someone else on the offensive side of the coaching staff. Oregon promotes from within, it's what Oregon does.

Recruiting has proven to stay the same, they are continuing to get top athletes and guys who are fast. DAT is probably gone after this year, so is Huff. Lyerla is also probably going early. IMO Mariota stays after this year, so that will be nice.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honest answer: His team gets blown the fuck out on a consistent basis and loses at least 4 games per season.
He also throws little girl-like tantrums.

Hey bitch.....the original troll question was asking for Husker fans' opinions.....no need for you to chirp in here.....:nono:

:D

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings on Bo.

He seems to genuinely care about his players

His D was much better suited for the BIG XII

His attitude towards the people who support and pay for the program is very questionable

He is very loyal (some would say too loyal) to his staff

He is stubborn (some would say too stubborn) when it comes to his coaching techniques

That being said, the result is what counts. I haven't been impressed with the results to this point. I can only hope that changes.

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a Kelly system, that will probably just be passed to coach after coach, keep hiring coaches from the system. Would expect our next HC will be Frost or someone else on the offensive side of the coaching staff. Oregon promotes from within, it's what Oregon does.

Recruiting has proven to stay the same, they are continuing to get top athletes and guys who are fast. DAT is probably gone after this year, so is Huff. Lyerla is also probably going early. IMO Mariota stays after this year, so that will be nice.

Sounds like a dying program to me.

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a dying program to me.

Don't you have to actually be alive at some point in order to qualify you as a dying program going forward?

Brasky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So do y'all see your reign on the pac12 coming to end anytime soon or will y'all still be able to run to the pac12. And whose gonna take over when super Mario leaves?

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My feelings on Bo.

He seems to genuinely care about his players

His D was much better suited for the BIG XII

His attitude towards the people who support and pay for the program is very questionable

He is very loyal (some would say too loyal) to his staff

He is stubborn (some would say too stubborn) when it comes to his coaching techniques

That being said, the result is what counts. I haven't been impressed with the results to this point. I can only hope that changes.

:agree::10:

I really think he's spread killer defense is made only for big12..... DL do not like the Neb 2 gap system recruiting is showing it .

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So do y'all see your reign on the pac12 coming to end anytime soon or will y'all still be able to run to the pac12. And whose gonna take over when super Mario leaves?

we will continue to own the PAC. When Mariota leaves we have a stable of QBs to take over, plus going after some big time QB recruits this year.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we will continue to own the PAC. When Mariota leaves we have a stable of QBs to take over, plus going after some big time QB recruits this year.

Here is the thing about the head coach leaving and I think Nebraska fans can speak to this from experience; Even when a long time assistant is promoted to HC, things still change. Play calling and game time decisions change. Recruiting changes. And while it might turn out fine with the Ducks not missing a beat, in 3-4 years, you could just as likely be looking for a new HC...

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What teams do you see giving y'all trouble in the future?! Ucla Stanford zona?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo should not have been hired as head coach from the beginning and he hasn't done anything to prove me wrong yet.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bo should not have been hired as head coach from the beginning and he hasn't done anything to prove me wrong yet.

Or he should have hired a staff that was experience.....

And definitely should have gotten an ace recruiter or OC

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Bo a lot. I honestly don't think we could have gotten a better coach that fits out program and runs a tighter ship then him.