• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

Driaz

People are crazy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The knock on Osborne forever was he couldn't win the big games....

We all understand your opinion on Solich and it's fine to have your opinions, but arguing your opinion as if it's fact is just wrong. You were given the facts that show you're talking out of your ass because it's how you "feel" about the situation.

At the time, I was a Husker fan that didn't have a problem with the firing of Solich, mainly because I felt (wrongly) the same way you still do......the 90's really spoiled us Husker fans and we just began to expect National titles every year or so, and anything less was failure......

If the university fired Solich because of the off the field issues, they really should of thrown him under the bus then as their justification for the move, because there isn't anyone that can argue any factual statistical basis for him being fired......

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upon further reflection of my drunken, yet still honest, response last night at 1am, dude you are an idiot. I refrain from using the word "troll" like other do because ultimately anyone can visit any message board so "troll" doesn't apply in my opinion. You are just dumb but since you want to describe what kind of Internet guy I am I will return the favor.

I offer no responses to what you say? I am a bully? I responded multiple times with actual facts. All the stuff about Nebraska actually winning a conference title in 99. All the stats on the so called slide of Husker football from 2001. Those were all from me. Those are actual responses to your stupidity. How long did it take you to acknowledge that you were wrong about the conference title? You still didn't acknowledge my other facts. See you are the Internet blow hard that talks and talks and talks with no actual facts and references rumors an hearsay and when you are slapped in the face with facts and reality you don't know how to defend yourself. I have been smacking fools like you around for a really long time. You are an easy mark. You can talk and babble inanely all you want to but don't go crying about bullies when you are proven wrong. Just own it and all will be good.
------
You do not repsond to the issues brought up....period. All the stats that you gave about 2001 show ABOSUTELY nothing to do with what Colorada did against us. A team that truly wasn't that good in 2001.
Again a corncob could have responded better and I didn't even mention Miami. I admitted that I was wrong about the 1999 year and us winning the Big 12 CC. YOU on the other hand have offered nothing to disprove that our slide into mediocrity started iin the year 2001 because we couldn't beat Colorado. Oh wait when someone bitch slaps you in the face you change the subject. Our downfall started in 2001 yet you want to throw out irrelevant stats to disprove it. The next year was worse and even the following year we didn't win beat whom we should have. Deal with it. You're the bully. Talk on the internet is cheap. You can smack whomever you want on the internet all you want but interntet "smacking" is cheap. The longer you try and prove yourself right, the further you shove your head up your ass. I'd respect you if you could prove your facts or better yet disprove my facts but the only thing you've shown is your ability to be an internet bully....I'm not impressed. Get a life, get a clue oh and learn how to debate.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the cat came back, you thought he was a goner. But the cat came back, you shot him to the moon. But the cat came back

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------
You do not repsond to the issues brought up....period. All the stats that you gave about 2001 show ABOSUTELY nothing to do with what Colorada did against us. A team that truly wasn't that good in 2001.
Again a corncob could have responded better and I didn't even mention Miami. I admitted that I was wrong about the 1999 year and us winning the Big 12 CC. YOU on the other hand have offered nothing to disprove that our slide into mediocrity started iin the year 2001 because we couldn't beat Colorado. Oh wait when someone bitch slaps you in the face you change the subject. Our downfall started in 2001 yet you want to throw out irrelevant stats to disprove it. The next year was worse and even the following year we didn't win beat whom we should have. Deal with it. You're the bully. Talk on the internet is cheap. You can smack whomever you want on the internet all you want but interntet "smacking" is cheap. The longer you try and prove yourself right, the further you shove your head up your ass. I'd respect you if you could prove your facts or better yet disprove my facts but the only thing you've shown is your ability to be an internet bully....I'm not impressed. Get a life, get a clue oh and learn how to debate.

2001 Colorado Buffaloes football
Big 12 Champions
Big 12 North Co-Champions
Big 12 Championship Game, W 39–37 vs. Texas
Fiesta Bowl, L 16–38 vs. Oregon
Ranking
Coaches #9
AP #9
2001 record 10–3 (7–1 Big 12)

John Mackey Award Winner - TE Daniel Graham - 2001
3 All-Americans - Daniel Graham (Walter Camp, AFCA-Coaches, FWAA, AP, TSN, PFW, FN), Andre Gurode, (AP, TSN, PFW, CNNSI), Roman Hollowell (TSN, CNNSI-PR).

#8 Rushing team in NCAA
#20 Total offense team
#1 Punt returns team

NFL draftees in 2001 - 1 first rounder, 2 second rounders.

Clearly a team of scrubs and never was's.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing about 2001. Huskers were allowed shot at championship due to strength of schedule. I find that funny. Huskers beat #17 Notre Dame and #2 Oklahoma, lost to, as we all know #14 Colorado.

Colorado beat; #24 Colorado State, #12 Kansas State, #25 Texas A&M, #2 Nebraska & #9 Texas (big 12 Champ game). They did lose to #9 Texas big. But still, I think that Rose Bowl bid was manufactured some how.

psaboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mistake, Texas was #3 when buffs beat them ion champ game, lost to them regular season when they were 9. Still very odd, I would say.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those that want to believe in the sanctity of Franks legacy you have that right. But to suggest that I don't know what what I've been talking about, you're talking about you can show no proof or denial on what I'm talking aboutin Franks case, I don't get you. I will never include what Frank accomplished with what Devaney or Osborne did because once Frank got his own recruits the program looked really bad. Pederson was an idiot for who he hired to replace Solich, but I don't believe he was wrong in letting Frank go.

You say I don't respond even though I did. I went through and read your crap again. Now after waiting a few hours to bring my IQ back up from it plummeting I have come up with some responses. If I missed anything please feel to ask.

Those that don't think you are right about Solich you don't get? What about all of the wrong "facts" you have been corrected on? Do you get them?

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First: Frank coached at Lincoln Southeast and left when he was hired to coach the Husker freshman team.

Second: Frank was fired after winning the last game of the regular season, in which the Huskers were 9-3. His team finished with a win in their bowl game under interim HC Pelini, and a 10-3 record.

Third: Frankie loves his beers...
-------
Tom if these are the facts you mentioned they don't disprove anything I've said. You want to believe Frank was as good of a coach as TO then fine, you're choice but by the year Crouch was a senior and we got smeared by Colorado & Miami--he had finally proven to the world what a lack of offensive co-ordinator he really was--two yards and a cloud of dust almost always straight up the middle. That worked except for teams we played that had a defense. His overall record even at a mid-level college like Ohio is no better than what he accomplished at Nebraska after he lost all of TO's recruits when he was at Nebraska.

2 yards and a cloud of dust offense? Please reference my previous post about the stat rankings from that year.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
------

Colorado truly wasn't that good? You mean the team that people thought should have been in the national title game ahead of Nebraska? Yep, the were terrible. Great point there buddy.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh y'all guys still talking about solich :L

Why?

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugh y'all guys still talking about solich :L

Why?

Ask not why, but why not?

One person is talking about Solich. The rest of us are only talking about what an idiot the guy doing the talking is. Please, feel free to join in.

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2001 Colorado Buffaloes football
Big 12 Champions
Big 12 North Co-Champions
Big 12 Championship Game, W 39–37 vs. Texas
Fiesta Bowl, L 16–38 vs. Oregon
Ranking
Coaches #9
AP #9
2001 record 10–3 (7–1 Big 12)

John Mackey Award Winner - TE Daniel Graham - 2001
3 All-Americans - Daniel Graham (Walter Camp, AFCA-Coaches, FWAA, AP, TSN, PFW, FN), Andre Gurode, (AP, TSN, PFW, CNNSI), Roman Hollowell (TSN, CNNSI-PR).

#8 Rushing team in NCAA
#20 Total offense team
#1 Punt returns team
-------
You just don't give up...still quoting stats that do not disprove what I've said. Let's flash forward to 2007. You know the year Pelini was hired. By then Solich had proven his chops at Ohio----took a nothing team and had it in a bowl game in year two. TO was notorious for giving players a second chance. Many fans still believe that Frank got a raw deal with Pederson.

Would this not have been the perfect opportunity to not only prove to Husker Nation that he had made the right choice, and allow Frank to redeem himself? Didn't happen did it.

Yet Dr. Tom chose to roll the dice on a bigger gamble (at least on paper) and hired someone with no head coaching experience.

TomHusker--you can quote all the stats you want yet that in no way shows any effort on your part as to why our program started to fall apart during the Solich years. Particulary 2001.

I've been a loyal Husker fan for over 50 years. And while I don't know all the x's & o's about how the game is played, a half century gets me a little knowledge about what's right and wrong with the program. You can defend Frankie with all your stats but the bottom line is Dr. Tom opted not to rehire Frank. Frank the fuckup couldn't handle the pressure of being a big time coach because he couldn't recruit in a big time program. Which only made his drinking and womanizing more blatant.

If you don'tthink TO wasn't gravey aware or these issues when he hired Bo, you are sadly mistaken.

Let's just move on and deal with the issues we are now facing

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahaha, you are amazing!!!! Showing Colorado was not the bad team you claim them to be in 2001 doesn't disprove what you said? You are the greatest!!!! Do you ever actually sit and listen to anyone? Or better yet, actually listen to yourself? You should try either one or both of those sometime!!!!

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just don't give up...still quoting stats that do not disprove what I've said. Let's flash forward to 2007. You know the year Pelini was hired. By then Solich had proven his chops at Ohio----took a nothing team and had it in a bowl game in year two. TO was notorious for giving players a second chance. Many fans still believe that Frank got a raw deal with Pederson.

Would this not have been the perfect opportunity to not only prove to Husker Nation that he had made the right choice, and allow Frank to redeem himself? Didn't happen did it.

Yet Dr. Tom chose to roll the dice on a bigger gamble (at least on paper) and hired someone with no head coaching experience.

TomHusker--you can quote all the stats you want yet that in no way shows any effort on your part as to why our program started to fall apart during the Solich years. Particulary 2001.

I've been a loyal Husker fan for over 50 years. And while I don't know all the x's & o's about how the game is played, a half century gets me a little knowledge about what's right and wrong with the program. You can defend Frankie with all your stats but the bottom line is Dr. Tom opted not to rehire Frank. Frank the fuckup couldn't handle the pressure of being a big time coach because he couldn't recruit in a big time program. Which only made his drinking and womanizing more blatant.

If you don'tthink TO wasn't gravey aware or these issues when he hired Bo, you are sadly mistaken.

Let's just move on and deal with the issues we are now facing

:L in what alternate universe would this have gone over? rehiring the last coach you fired after his replacement didn't work out?