• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest question about Pelini

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus this old guy just keeps getting dumber and more senile.

Osborne didn't hire Solich back because he values continuity and wanted a younger coach that would be here for decades like he was. Solich was not going to coach for decades. I am not a fan of Osborne's outside of him being a coach but he knew in this day and age of college football at a big time program then unless you were going to get one of the elite of the elites then you had to go younger to be able to relate to the younger players. You can be an idiot and believe he didn't rehire Solich for your cockamamie reasons but you should really ask the nurses at your retirement home to up your doses of reality.

Oh and thank you for avoiding everything that I say. Just like like you claim about me. And make sure that every time you get proven wrong, which has been a LOT in this thread, make sure you change the subject. You are good at that.
-------
And speaking of a load of crap....thanks for proving my point by your thread.

Unless I'm mistaken this thread was started by an Oregon fan who asked what Nebraska fans thought of Pelini.

And I will stand by what I've said all along ...... since 2001 we've gotten face stomped anywhere from 2-4 times on almost a yearly basis. I would not be upset if we lost three games a year and they were close games by decent opponents. And yet that hasn't happened. People like to watch Nebraska football, but decent recruits just aren't going to jump on our wagon when we lose by 20 points or more 2-3 times a year. Whether it's been Frank, Bill, or Bo, for 12 years none of these yahoos have done us any damn good when we continue the major blowouts.

The sad thing is with Bo is that his answers after a blowout are almost exactly what Callahans were and yet Bo gets a "pass" because he can win 9-10 games per year. Husker Nation is better than that. If you're going to be satisfied being ranked 18-15 every year, then Bo's your man. As of now that's all he's managed. Good luck with that----we are better than that.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom line with Solich, was that he was too loyal to the old guard coaches who refused to go out on the road and recruit. When Solich made new hires it was reluctantly. Solich also had the offense running dam near every play only passing the ball in blowout losses. The talent pool fell off under Solich but he still got 9 wins and ultimately fired in the same season. Many long time fans actually were pissed but were more pissed when Billy's teams fail to care enough to play a whole football game. Pelini brought the fire back to the program. Sorry for the BOOK!

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
And speaking of a load of crap....thanks for proving my point by your thread.

Unless I'm mistaken this thread was started by an Oregon fan who asked what Nebraska fans thought of Pelini.

And I will stand by what I've said all along ...... since 2001 we've gotten face stomped anywhere from 2-4 times on almost a yearly basis. I would not be upset if we lost three games a year and they were close games by decent opponents. And yet that hasn't happened. People like to watch Nebraska football, but decent recruits just aren't going to jump on our wagon when we lose by 20 points or more 2-3 times a year. Whether it's been Frank, Bill, or Bo, for 12 years none of these yahoos have done us any damn good when we continue the major blowouts.

The sad thing is with Bo is that his answers after a blowout are almost exactly what Callahans were and yet Bo gets a "pass" because he can win 9-10 games per year. Husker Nation is better than that. If you're going to be satisfied being ranked 18-15 every year, then Bo's your man. As of now that's all he's managed. Good luck with that----we are better than that.

Overall I don't really give a shit about Solich, I don't know him. Regarding the bold Ill just paraphrase a bit and simply say this is very accurate, pertaining to recruiting

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking an honest question here. Would like to hear the responses. What is Husker fans thoughts on your head coach Bo Pelini. I knew when he got hired it was like the messiah was coming to Cornhusker land (obviously anyone was better than what you endured with Callahan) and Pelini seemed to do a great job his first 2 years? But IMO, last couple years has fallen short, seemed like Nebraska was on the rise after getting jobbed by Texas in the Big12 title game. But since that season things have sorta fallen.
-------
And the above is the original issue the Oregon fan bought up. And while most of you were playing king of the hill with me (to no good effect), few of you have addresssed what his concern was. And the honest to God's truth (no matter how you want to spin it) since 2001 we have had big ugly losses almost every year. That is not Husker football nor is there an excuse for it.

If Pelini does not go 11-2 next year and give us a BCS bowl along with those 11 wins, he should go. And the issue isn't who should replace him, but if he should stay. I say no.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the above is the original issue the Oregon fan bought up. And while most of you were playing king of the hill with me (to no good effect), few of you have addresssed what his concern was. And the honest to God's truth (no matter how you want to spin it) since 2001 we have had big ugly losses almost every year. That is not Husker football nor is there an excuse for it.

If Pelini does not go 11-2 next year and give us a BCS bowl along with those 11 wins, he should go. And the issue isn't who should replace him, but if he should stay. I say no.

That would be absolutely absurd to fire a coach who went 10-3. You say who will replace him is not an issue. If you fire someone for going 10-3 you are right. The answer as to who will replace him would be no one, because no one would want to work for an AD that is that fucking stupid.

And for the love of God learn to use the quote button please.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigred472 please stop posting here thank you

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ive never thought as much and have never heard a single person consider Pelini the "messiah" or any other synonym. Who makes this shit up? Why is it all of the sudden fact that Cornhusker fans think this? Pelini is our Cot and Savior! said not one single person ever.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am asking an honest question here. Would like to hear the responses. What is Husker fans thoughts on your head coach Bo Pelini. I knew when he got hired it was like the messiah was coming to Cornhusker land (obviously anyone was better than what you endured with Callahan) and Pelini seemed to do a great job his first 2 years? But IMO, last couple years has fallen short, seemed like Nebraska was on the rise after getting jobbed by Texas in the Big12 title game. But since that season things have sorta fallen.
-------

:spit: :laugh3: :L

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good COT, is this mother fucker still trying to convince someone that he knows something about football? Reading through his posts is worse than reading some of the meltdown posts you guys put up after a loss. (You know who you are. :lol: )

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good COT, is this mother fucker still trying to convince someone that he knows something about football? Reading through his posts is worse than reading some of the meltdown posts you guys put up after a loss. (You know who you are. :lol: )

Oh yeah we've all been there at one point. I've cried "off with his head" on more than one occasion, but only after the really bad losses, and only because I've drank myself into a stupor to numb the pain.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

at least no one will be around to read my meltdowns next year..except pops

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hABDBE593

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------

If there has never been proof of an idiot saying the same thing over and over again for the sole purpose of trying to believe his own crap on here then this is it. It is just hilarious now.

All you have to do is constantly lie and say that no one has answered the original question or no one has proved you wrong and then repeat your bullshit over and over and over and over again.

I will have to remember that recipe for geniuness.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will only say this....if you fire a coach that wins 10 games and goes to Jan 1 bowl games..your replacement will be about as good as my left nut regardless about how you feel about the guy in charge now. why would any decent coach want to come to this kind of pressure. No wonder Bo fucking hates it here.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bigred472 used to be down at the hinky dinky protesting osborne in 1989.