• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma to the B1G

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a minute. You can't kick out those five! I was chastised the other day about the possibility of the blue bloods forming their own superconferences for football only. Told the biggies needed the bottom dwellers because they didn't want to play an entire conference schedule of all blue bloods. Too tough.

IMO the true solution to this is to form 5 or 6 power conferences of 10-12 teams and split off to form a higher division of football. Then have every team in a conference play each other and the champion of each conference goes to the playoff. If there's five conferences, that even allows for a wild-card spot where a second team from a conference has the shot at getting in based on some ranking system. If you make it 8 teams, that allows for 3 wild-card spots. So voting is only for those wildcard spots, the other spots have to be earned by winning the conference.

I've always thought it was entirely stupid that 1. A team like Michigan and Eastern Michigan are playing for the same national title and 2. The Michigan can play Eastern Michigan and a win counts the same as beating Notre Dame.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO the true solution to this is to form 5 or 6 power conferences of 10-12 teams and split off to form a higher division of football. Then have every team in a conference play each other and the champion of each conference goes to the playoff. If there's five conferences, that even allows for a wild-card spot where a second team from a conference has the shot at getting in based on some ranking system. If you make it 8 teams, that allows for 3 wild-card spots. So voting is only for those wildcard spots, the other spots have to be earned by winning the conference.

I've always thought it was entirely stupid that 1. A team like Michigan and Eastern Michigan are playing for the same national title and 2. The Michigan can play Eastern Michigan and a win counts the same as beating Notre Dame.
I totally understand what you are saying and your premise was basically what led to the discussion. Even if the Houston's, Toledo's, Temple's and San Diego State's of last year (and Boise formerly) have good years, their chances of making the CFP is very, very slim if there are any odds of it at all. Same for many bottom dwellers in the P5 conferences because many of those teams are worse than the top teams in the group of 4. Unless all of a P5 conference blue bloods have shitty years at the same time, I can't see one of their bottom dwellers making the playoffs either.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Oklahoma finds the right deal, they'll tell the big12 to take that GOR and shove it and flip the double bird on the way out.

The GOR is very weak in reality. It is not a real barrier.
Every year that passes, it gets weaker. It implies illegal Punitive Damages, but it cannot enforce them.

It is easily challenged.
Each year that challenge becomes easier and easier as it approaches the 12 year limit.

The Longhorn Network is the actual barrier in some grand twisted irony.

As long as the LHN exists, the Big 12 exists.
As soon as it is gone, the Big 12 folds.

Oklahoma knows this.
That is why they want to get rid of the LHN. It completely frees up their move to the PAC 12.

They really don't care about a Big 12 Network nor should they.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU is just lucky we let them have a vote.

Bullshit, the reason we are in the B12 is because of Texas. You clowns wanted Louisville. But like usual Texas gets what Texas wants.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oklahoma knows this.
That is why they want to get rid of the LHN. It completely frees up their move to the PAC 12.

They really don't care about a Big 12 Network nor should they.

Do they care about a PAC 12 Network?

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Nebraska....

Don't waste your time, Exes. This clown thinks the B1G wouldn't admit Alabama and Oklahoma tomorrow if they won't wanted to join the conference.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither did Nebraska....

Please explain.

Nebraska had been AAU since 1909.

When the B1G extended an invite to Nebraska in June of 2010, Nebraska was AAU. Nebraska was booted from the AAU in 2011, nearly ten months after the B1G invited Nebraska.

If the UN Medical Center in Omaha was included, Nebraska would have qualified for the AAU. But the UNMC is under a completely different charter.

Syracuse was in the same boat. Syracuse ended up selling their Medical School to State University of New York and the Med students at Syracuse were sweethearted in.

I look forward to being enlightened as to why Nebraska didn't qualify for the Big Ten.

DeepInTheFields

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahahaha, Nebraska didn't qualify for the big ten. University of Texas has got to be the most conceited, self-righteous school in the entire nation. Nebraska just again proving that their the smartest school in the nation, getting out while the rest of the big 12 can't play defense and doesn't have a conference championship game. Once the Longhorn network poops out, Oklahoma's screwed and go play in the Mountain West while Nebraska's clips roses off of the rose bush in the Big Ten for the next fifty years.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No, that's where you and these OU boys are wrong. The GOR is a VERY real barrier and cannot and will not be broken before it runs out, I guarantee you that.
Again, aint nobody goin nowhere til that GOR is done and yall can take that to the bank.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain.

Nebraska had been AAU since 1909.

When the B1G extended an invite to Nebraska in June of 2010, Nebraska was AAU. Nebraska was booted from the AAU in 2011, nearly ten months after the B1G invited Nebraska.

If the UN Medical Center in Omaha was included, Nebraska would have qualified for the AAU. But the UNMC is under a completely different charter.

Syracuse was in the same boat. Syracuse ended up selling their Medical School to State University of New York and the Med students at Syracuse were sweethearted in.

I look forward to being enlightened as to why Nebraska didn't qualify for the Big Ten.
Waste if breath. No one is,saying tge,B10 wouldn't take Oklahoma if it was an option. It's not,an option because they do NOT qualify. If they did they would already be in the B10 because they petitioned yo join in 2010 abd were denied. These facts apparently don't dissuade people from thinking OU is some sort of big deal. The B10 doesn't need or,want OU or the B10 would already have OU

OUGuy1999

BOOMER..SOONERS!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want all my Okie brethren to know that this thread was intended as a joke and to have a little fun for the off season. I certainly wouldn't want to join the B1G for they are arrogant in their ways believing OU doesn't qualify. Let me lay down some knowledge on the B1G arrogant tards.

Waste if breath. No one is,saying the,B10 wouldn't take Oklahoma if it was an option. It's not,an option because they do NOT qualify. If they did they would already be in the B10 because they petitioned yo join in 2010 abd were denied. These facts apparently don't dissuade people from thinking OU is some sort of big deal. The B10 doesn't need or,want OU or the B10 would already have OU

OU certainly qualifies. In fact, there is a standing open invitation to OU from the B1G. And OU was not denied, OU declined the offer to attempt to keep the Big 12 together because of its roots with members within the Big 12. To think you are so arrogant in your ways entertains me. And yes, OU is a big deal. OU is a national powerhouse since 1945, numbers that most teams can only dream about, kind of like Iowa.

Saying OU is not a big deal is just plain ignorance. When all of the conference shuffling was going on, the ACC, the SEC, Pac12, and the Big 10 all had an invitation to OU to join their conference. Every conference did not pull other teams in until OU sent their rejection. OU may have not have won a national championship since 2000. They may have gotten beaten twice by Clemson in 2 years. They may have not been one of the top teams in the Big 12 over a few years period. But make no mistake, 4 national title appearances, 1 playoff appearance, 1 national title, 9 conference championships, 8 divisional championships, and 2 Heisman winners, all since 2000, shows power and dominance. Tell me 1 team that has those same numbers...(other than Bama, because Bama has more national title wins....Roll Tide and congrats.)

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just want all my Okie brethren to know that this thread was intended as a joke and to have a little fun for the off season. I certainly wouldn't want to join the B1G for they are arrogant in their ways believing OU doesn't qualify. Let me lay down some knowledge on the B1G arrogant tards.

OU certainly qualifies. In fact, there is a standing open invitation to OU from the B1G. And OU was not denied, OU declined the offer to attempt to keep the Big 12 together because of its roots with members within the Big 12. To think you are so arrogant in your ways entertains me. And yes, OU is a big deal. OU is a national powerhouse since 1945, numbers that most teams can only dream about, kind of like Iowa.

Saying OU is not a big deal is just plain ignorance. When all of the conference shuffling was going on, the ACC, the SEC, Pac12, and the Big 10 all had an invitation to OU to join their conference. Every conference did not pull other teams in until OU sent their rejection. OU may have not have won a national championship since 2000. They may have gotten beaten twice by Clemson in 2 years. They may have not been one of the top teams in the Big 12 over a few years period. But make no mistake, 4 national title appearances, 1 playoff appearance, 1 national title, 9 conference championships, 8 divisional championships, and 2 Heisman winners, all since 2000, shows power and dominance. Tell me 1 team that has those same numbers...(other than Bama, because Bama has more national title wins....Roll Tide and congrats.)
Nope OU does not qualify and OU petitioned the B10 along with multiple other B12 schools. Not sure where you get your facts from but they're inaccurate

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waste if breath. No one is,saying tge,B10 wouldn't take Oklahoma if it was an option. It's not,an option because they do NOT qualify. If they did they would already be in the B10 because they petitioned yo join in 2010 abd were denied. These facts apparently don't dissuade people from thinking OU is some sort of big deal. The B10 doesn't need or,want OU or the B10 would already have OU

Link?

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope OU does not qualify and OU petitioned the B10 along with multiple other B12 schools. Not sure where you get your facts from but they're inaccurate

you can google this and literally pull up a hundred pages that prove you are a fucking idiot that has no clue what you are talking about.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahahaha, Nebraska didn't qualify for the big ten. University of Texas has got to be the most conceited, self-righteous school in the entire nation. Nebraska just again proving that their the smartest school in the nation, getting out while the rest of the big 12 can't play defense and doesn't have a conference championship game. Once the Longhorn network poops out, Oklahoma's screwed and go play in the Mountain West while Nebraska's clips roses off of the rose bush in the Big Ten for the next fifty years.

If you really think Oklahoma would ever end up in anything but a power conference, you really must've fell off the turnip truck this morning.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no. Who's going to travel to see Indiana, Rutgers, Illinois, Minnesota, etc? It will never happen. The future is southeast, west or keep withering on the vine in the Zombie Conference.

The same people who travel to see Iowa St, K-State, and Kansas games? You won't be playing Indiana and Rutgers much as I'd imagine the split would be OU on the west side (assuming for this argument KU went with them). So you'd be playing Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and either Northwestern or Illinois each year. Frankly, I'd take trips to Minneapolis and Chicago over Manhattan, KS and Ames, IA any day.

But, OU (most of their fans anyhow) seem to have their eyes fixed over Cali-fornie-way as most desired new home so its whatevs. The B1G will be fine either way.