• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rumors Abound: Washington, Oregon, FSU, Clemson to the Big 10 as soon as this week?

Dingus

Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck do I care, dipschitt?!? If you love Utah so much, why didn't you try to get them into the B1G?
I'm working on a strongly worded letter as we speak.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working on a strongly worded letter as we speak.
Tough tiddies, The Utes and their delicious, top 50 MBA program are headed to Texas

Snuze ya luze

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy that USC UCLA Oregon and Washington are coming to B1G west… B1G should build a neutral ground Stadium somewhere. … and kick nebraska minnesota maryland rutgers to the fucking curb asap.

ThereIsNoPlace

The New Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its crazy that USC UCLA Oregon and Washington are coming to B1G west… B1G should build a neutral ground Stadium somewhere. … and kick nebraska minnesota maryland rutgers to the fucking curb asap.
james-franco-wtf.gif

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel as though FSU has an offer on the table. The sudden urgency to get out of the ACC, and the fact that they alone are the ones making a spectacle leads me to believe that they have been told they have a spot if they can get out (and in the process, open up the ACC to additional raiding)…

It would have to be the Big 10 or SEC, as I feel the Big 12 is probably seen as a fallback option that will be there that wouldn’t precipitate this kind of urgency.

That said. I wonder if it behooves ESPN to alter the deal to keep the ACC together? They have to know that the conference is ready to implode. They have it within their power to actually save it, but maybe the buyouts are worth more to them?
Not sure if FSU has a behind closed doors offer yet. I think they are just beating their chest in hopes that ESPN (reneg) and/or the ACC (add in TV ratings to the uneven revenue model) changes the way they are doing things in hopes that they can get more $$ until it’s affordable for them to bolt. The GOR sounds ironclad and I don’t think they could walk right now w/out taking a MAJOR financial hit.

They are also possibly trying to rile up the rest of the schools in the ACC that might have some actual football clout/value. ACC is dead man walking. If 6 or 7 schools (FSU, Clemson, UNC, U, UVA, VT, NCSt) knew they had a spot in one of the B2, they could possibly convince others that may have a spot in the B12 (Louisville, Pitt) to bite to dissolve the GOR.
It doesn’t make much financial sense right now for anyone to leave for the B12. But one day, it will.

Some are put off by the way FSU went public with this. Notably UNC. I don’t have that much of a problem with it. They are putting the ACCs ass on the fire and basically saying you and ESPN have completely fu**ed us w/ these contracts. And they have.. along w/ several other schools that have some football clout and bring most of the revenue to the conference. (Clemson, U, VT)

I imagine this will all play out over the next 2-4 years.

Last edited:

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ten is currently at 18 teams now. I would like them to add cal and Stanford and expand to 24 total teams, meaning they would need four more. They could then have 4 six-team divisions and keep in place some of its old charm.

A lighter variation of this would be to add only Stanford (screw Cal) and expand to 20 teams, meaning they only needed one more addition. Then you could have 4 five-team divisions

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big ten is currently at 18 teams now. I would like them to add cal and Stanford and expand to 24 total teams, meaning they would need four more. They could then have 4 six-team divisions and keep in place some of its old charm.

A lighter variation of this would be to add only Stanford (screw Cal) and expand to 20 teams, meaning they only needed one more addition. Then you could have 4 five-team divisions
Makes some sense for travel reasons and assoc. costs, academic reputation-AAU, and that may be enough.
But in terms of football value, they don’t bring much to the table. The FL, VA, NC schools bring more $$. It will be interesting to see which direction they go, maybe a combo of those two and some others in those states.

Wolverine830872

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes some sense for travel reasons and assoc. costs, academic reputation-AAU, and that may be enough.
But in terms of football value, they don’t bring much to the table. The FL, VA, NC schools bring more $$. It will be interesting to see which direction they go, maybe a combo of those two and some others in those states.
True, but Stanford has had some flashes of success, and I think it has a record for most cellegiant championships, which is something that the big ten would covet. It would also add in the bay area TV region which adds good $$. I agree that it would also be wise to add Virginia and FSU.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big10 sitting absolutely ripe for a 4 team pod scenario.

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Rutgers
Maryland
Florida State
Clemson

Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern

Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio State
Penn State

Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well. Apparently the ACC is trying to talk to Stanford and Cal now. Typical knee jerk/late to the party reaction by our brilliant administrators in Charlotte. I don’t think it’s a great idea. Wouldn’t surprise me if the 2 schools politely declined.
Do you think the other former PAC schools want to these 2 in the B1G? Seems like this would push the B1G to act now. Wouldn’t that be hilarious if the ACC was left at the alter again.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Rutgers
Maryland
Florida State
Clemson

Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern

Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio State
Penn State

Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Man. Clemson and FSU second stringers approve!

The OSU, UM pod would be competitive.

You think the snooty B1G would make an exception and stoop to the level of FSU/Clemson non AAU status??

BTW, your an alum, so why the F is VT not AAU yet? They spend alot of research dollars, Top 50 I believe. Med school too young? I don’t know much about AAU, but went down a wormhole today and on paper, they seem like a solid candidate.
I think they, FSU, and NCSt are pretty close??

DetroitDevil

Consoles are for ages 3 and up & broke adults.
Supporting Member Level 2
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Rutgers
Maryland
Florida State
Clemson

Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern

Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio State
Penn State

Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
Hey ya’ll lets have 5 groups of 4 instead of 4 groups of 5…

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ya’ll lets have 5 groups of 4 instead of 4 groups of 5…

Who is the 5th team you send out west? Smaller pods give you more variety in scheduling. None of these teams need 4 protected yearly opponents.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man. Clemson and FSU second stringers approve!

The OSU, UM pod would be competitive.

You think the snooty B1G would make an exception and stoop to the level of FSU/Clemson non AAU status??

BTW, your an alum, so why the F is VT not AAU yet? They spend alot of research dollars, Top 50 I believe. Med school too young? I don’t know much about AAU, but went down a wormhole today and on paper, they seem like a solid candidate.
I think they, FSU, and NCSt are pretty close??
Largely politics. The med school getting up and running is the biggest thing from what I hear. But Sands is pushing fucking HARD for AAU status.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Rutgers
Maryland
Florida State
Clemson

Indiana
Illinois
Purdue
Northwestern

Michigan
Michigan St
Ohio State
Penn State

Nebraska
Minnesota
Iowa
Wisconsin
like the basic idea, but think the pods need to be adjusted. pod #4 is stupid strong.

foster4prez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like the basic idea, but think the pods need to be adjusted. pod #4 is stupid strong.
USC
UCLA
Oregon
Washington

Michigan
Ohio State
Purdue
Illinois

Penn State
Michigan State
Indiana
Northwestern