• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Oklahoma to the B1G

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "OU doesn't qualify" stuff is just silly. If they applied to get in today, Delaney would have a presser ready tomorrow morning announcing they've been accepted into the fold. For all the bluster about academics, OU ranks right around where Nebraska does. If they were to join in with the research heavy schools in the B1G, that number would only climb in the future as I fully expect Nebraska's to do.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahahaha, Nebraska didn't qualify for the big ten. University of Texas has got to be the most conceited, self-righteous school in the entire nation. Nebraska just again proving that their the smartest school in the nation, getting out while the rest of the big 12 can't play defense and doesn't have a conference championship game. Once the Longhorn network poops out, Oklahoma's screwed and go play in the Mountain West while Nebraska's clips roses off of the rose bush in the Big Ten for the next fifty years.
I'm no rusty cow fan and agree that UT may well be "the most conceited, self-righteous school in the entire nation." There is significant competition for that title.

The B1G may well be "the most conceited, self-righteous conference in the entire nation." I do not see a lot of competition for that title.

I see the same snobbish behaviors displayed by the B1G that I do with UT.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same people who travel to see Iowa St, K-State, and Kansas games? You won't be playing Indiana and Rutgers much as I'd imagine the split would be OU on the west side (assuming for this argument KU went with them). So you'd be playing Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and either Northwestern or Illinois each year. Frankly, I'd take trips to Minneapolis and Chicago over Manhattan, KS and Ames, IA any day.

But, OU (most of their fans anyhow) seem to have their eyes fixed over Cali-fornie-way as most desired new home so its whatevs. The B1G will be fine either way.
This is something I don't understand. Being in the same conference but not playing each other "much" makes absolutely no since to me. But, I'm a cantankerous, traditional, old-fashioned fart.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can google this and literally pull up a hundred pages that prove you are a fucking idiot that has no clue what you are talking about.
Nope. You cant. At least not by any real sources.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is hilarious. OU doesn't qualify guys. Period. They aren't AAU and they're academic standards aren't good enough. Why do you care anyway? You aren't in the B10 and you don't want to be, which is good because you won't be.

yourTEAMreallySUCKS

Sooner, Cock, Rise Up
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's weird, looks like Oklahoma has better average ACT scores....

Oklahoma 23 29 22 30 23 28

Iowa 23 28 22 28 22 28

ACT Scores for the Big 12 Conference Schools

Are Your ACT Scores Good Enough for the 14 Big Ten Universities?

Our ACT scores are higher, we have more National Merit Scholars and we have a higher percentage of Rhodes Scholars as graduates. But we aren't in the fucking AAU so all is lost. So what. This argument is beyond stupid. The B1G would take Oklahoma, Alabama and some other "non-qualifiers" in a heartbeat if we actually wanted in and we weren't saddled with little brothers wanting to join too. But who cares? OU will NEVER join the B1G. Never. Thank God. I've been to one Rose Bowl and that was enough. And we get Ohio State, Nebraska and Michigan in Norman over the next few years. That's what we want anyway; not Iowa, Illinois, Rutgers, Indiana, Minnesota, etc.