• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jagr-flyers.jpg

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Clever!!

Here's one you wont ever see over there....

JagrCup.gif

In fact, I have another one just like it....

And one with Talbot if you need that one too........

Pittsburgh Biggest Export: Championship Rings ?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the way Jagr is personally he will look good in orange and black. It will be a nice bulls-eye

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clever!!

Here's one you wont ever see over there....

JagrCup.gif

In fact, I have another one just like it....

And one with Talbot if you need that one too........

Pittsburgh Biggest Export: Championship Rings ?

Geez, I hope I don't see that God-awful mullet and ugly black and yellow jersey any time soon.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea lipstick on a pig haha.

I hate the guy, but he's one of those people that, if he was here, I'd like him.

Stick with the raggedy-Andy clown look.. it just intensifies his agitation-factor on the ice.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea lipstick on a pig haha.

I hate the guy, but he's one of those people that, if he was here, I'd like him.

Stick with the raggedy-Andy clown look.. it just intensifies his agitation-factor on the ice.

Just like Talbot? lol

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just like Talbot? lol

I have to like Talbot no matter where he goes. He never takes a shift off. His heart definitely makes up for him not being as gifted as 'normal' superstars. Jagr is the only one I'm frustrated with now. All he had to do was respond to Shero in the allotted time. Shero was right to withdraw his offer and not negotiate. Jagr will probably do well in Philly, but he could have been a monster playing with Malkin or Crosby. He traded his legacy for money, which isn't necessarily good or bad for him, but he'll never be remembered in the NHL as a Lemieux, Sakic, Messier, etc. Essentially, a player that gave all they had to make their team win. Those are the guys that get the most respect. Now he's just another extremely talented mercenary.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to like Talbot no matter where he goes. He never takes a shift off. His heart definitely makes up for him not being as gifted as 'normal' superstars. Jagr is the only one I'm frustrated with now. All he had to do was respond to Shero in the allotted time. Shero was right to withdraw his offer and not negotiate. Jagr will probably do well in Philly, but he could have been a monster playing with Malkin or Crosby. He traded his legacy for money, which isn't necessarily good or bad for him, but he'll never be remembered in the NHL as a Lemieux, Sakic, Messier, etc. Essentially, a player that gave all they had to make their team win. Those are the guys that get the most respect. Now he's just another extremely talented mercenary.

I'm glad to hear that about Talbot. Some of the guys on the Pensburgh blog (I think) were busting on him. They were saying he sucks, took shifts off, and what not.

In regards to Jagr...well, he is going to be playing for a team that has Briere, Giroux, JVR so he will have talent around him.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if he ever really took shifts off, but he has certainly not been the same guy he was prior to the 2009 off-season surgery that he had after the Cup win.

There's two Talbot-camps in Pittsburgh right now. Either love him forever no matter because of his game winners in Game 7, or the 'F#CK Talbot that traitor went to the Flyers' camp.

I myself am in the middle... I'll keep my 'shhh' picture on the wall over the autographed stick a guy gave me... but I'll boo him in town.

Honestly, 5 years for him at that price was stunning.. he's been sub-par stat wise for 2 years, and the Flyers already have gritty guys that score more.

Jagr... same deal, he would have been MUCH more needed on a Penguin squad with a TERRIBLE power play than he will be on the Flyers with all of the young talent and old egos there.

to sum up..
I think this was all mental warfare... Jagr would have been useful to the Pens, pick him up.
Talbot is the dressing room jester, and friends with Sid, Malkin AND most of all Fleury... picking him up was as much a head game to the Pens roster as anything.

Good chess moves by Homer, IMHO

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad to have both of them. Talbot can help us out in with the PK plus in the leadership department. Jagr should be able to give our PP a boost as well. I guess we'll see though.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I forget Flyer PP was almost as dismal as the Penguins.

Talbot I'm afraid will end up in the press box before the Winter Classic unless the new scenery jump-starts his game.

He was a fan favorite and had been a gritty guy that chipped in offensively... but that seemed to go away after the 2009 Cup off-season. He had shoulder surgery then, no one seems to know if that had to do with his lack of production, but it's been 2 years of mud.

Like I said, even though he's been a slacker lately, he's a goofball in the dressing room and was the main guy keeping Sid, Malkin, and Fleury loose.

Can you put a price on that? I don't know.

The joke over here is that in 2009, Talbot quieted the Philly crowd in a playoff game... now he'll be doing it for the next 5 years....

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not expecting a whole lot out of him offensively. As long as he plays defense, helps the pk, blocks shots, forechecks, fights when necessary, etc then I'll be happy. We really missed Lappy last year. Hopefully, Talbot can fill that void.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is huge on the PK, no doubt. Fighting is so-so.

We are all just watching to see if his 2-year slump magically disappears once he is on a new team.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is huge on the PK, no doubt. Fighting is so-so.

We are all just watching to see if his 2-year slump magically disappears once he is on a new team.

That seems to be the way it goes. I'm sure Richards and Carter will both have monster years this season now that they're on new teams.