• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood your Crosby Sucks comment, but it is not chanted ( I never chant. At all) because we are jealous. We hate him. He is the Captain of our biggest rival. These were our first thoughs of him:

I laugh when I see that video because I have one question on where the hate came from that play?
There are two major factors: 1. An old dinosaur d-man who was trying to intimidate the new young talent. 2. The new young talent was 18 years old got a bloody face along the boards and went to the ground trying to get a call.

How can you question him going to the ground on that play? Is it the holding of the stick?

Not trying to stir up anything just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He jumps people at face-offs and punches guys in the balls. That's why I think he's a bitch. He is good though.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He jumps people at face-offs and punches guys in the balls. That's why I think he's a bitch. He is good though.

Not going to defend those 2 times and looking from the other side I see where you are coming from.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not going to defend those 2 times and looking from the other side I see where you are coming from.

Thank you for not being a blind homer.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never have been and never will......Now what can be said for most Flyer fans....:)

LOL! I am a homer. I can't deny that. I do still try to be realistic though. I can be hard on them but that's because I expect a lot out of them.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! I am a homer. I can't deny that. I do still try to be realistic though. I can be hard on them but that's because I expect a lot out of them.

Totally agree...and realistically everyone is truly a homer. We would all be hypocrites if we said we weren't.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Totally agree...and realistically everyone is truly a homer. We would all be hypocrites if we said we weren't.

We learned to be homers as kids... we all did. It never really goes away I guess:becky:

But when NHL becomes to you like Monday Night Football is.. in that you don't care who is playing, if there's a game on you'll watch... then you can REALLY love the game. Amen.:pray2:

BigBlueNation111

Let The Games Begin!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,morning all hockey fans,have a good one and be safe this weekend!
tt03.gif

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
What a way to start the season... three cross-continental home openers in four days.
Fellers will be whipped by the time they get back.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Asham? If he would've done that as a Flyer you guys would have been ripping him like crazy. I like Asham. I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt and chalk it up to just being hyped up in the heat of the moment.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Asham? If he would've done that as a Flyer you guys would have been ripping him like crazy. I like Asham. I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt and chalk it up to just being hyped up in the heat of the moment.

In the heat of the moment, seemed like a good idea, and I enjoyed it.

When I saw how f-ed up Beagle was, didn't seem as fun.

FYI, Asham apologized after the game for the gestures, calling them "classless."

Crazy how hard Asham went after Beagle considering he had a visor on, and any substantial punch that didn't land perfectly would have broken his own hand.

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i wish we would have retained asham and let go of cote/carcillo/shelley or any of the other idiots we bring up from the phantoms to take stupid penalties

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Eh, hindsight, slow motion replays, and wanna-be Don Cherrys in the American media are making too much of it.

Asham has already been a healthy scratch this season. He gets on the ice, sees the team's defensive star's helmet flying off across the arena and he.. well.. he does his job.
The celebration was too much, but he owned it after the game. I know an Islander, who taunted an injured player, that never had the balls to call himself out like Asham did. Think I give him more credit for that than for the actual scrap.

Beagle could have kept his mitts on and hopped off the ice.

Perhaps he could even have 'shhhhed' the crowd on his way off the ice... I hear it does wonders....:eek2:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol...well, if the Flyers play the Pens in the playoffs Laviolette should be sure to tell Talbot to get his ass kicked and then shhh every one. If the Flyers win then the theory is confirmed.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
lol...well, if the Flyers play the Pens in the playoffs Laviolette should be sure to tell Talbot to get his ass kicked and then shhh every one. If the Flyers win then the theory is confirmed.

Well, he was here long enough that I can tell you.. that he is very good at getting that accomplished. :pound: