• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Just floating it out there, we've all heard the stories.

My favorite is the "well Jagr SAID he'd play for Mario at the league minimum.."
... of course it was tongue-in-cheek. We all know better. 500k? HA! Thats a night in Atlantic City for #68.

Seriously, though.. there is NO WAY IN HELL the NHLPA lets Jaromir Jagr sign anywhere for league minimum.

Even so.... fun to think about! :pray2:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He isn't stupid.....Now the PG article about this states something even funnier...Kennedy might be looking for a contract around 2 million a year! If that is the case he is good as gone.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Indeed. Well, good for TK I guess. Pity Max Talbot didnt play like he was in a contract year like Kennedy did.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true about Talbot, I doubt he is in the million a year range again. As for TK the Penguins don't need that bad of a contract for him. He is good at what he does but there are ton's of players that fit that role for cheap, 3rd line energy but with TK he has no PP/PK ability and vision. Good part is that he is a RFA so the Penguins have more control over him.

Anyway back to Jagr not sure I would be happy about seeing him in a Pen's uni. Yeah for a golf tourney but no Jersey. I guess the rumor with folks close to him states he will probably return to the KHL.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Agreed on Jags.. but I'm pretty sure they'd get more out of him than the re-tread they got from Ottawa this year.

And no way he'll make as much in the NHL as he will in the KHL, so if he comes back across the pond, it won't be just for cash.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah totally agree....Honestly I thought after that hit AO put on him in the Olympics he realized then he might not be able to play again in the NHL.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll never happen. Though the 8 year old within me that loved watching him play really wants it to. But only for the smallest amount possible. Which is why it'll never happen.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ching a chong chang

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adams, Rupp, and Dupuis in talks now with the Pens. Cap is supposed to go up almost 4 million... going to add to the rumor mill......

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams, Rupp, and Dupuis in talks now with the Pens. Cap is supposed to go up almost 4 million... going to add to the rumor mill......

Figured they would bring back Adams ($600k) and Rupp ($870k) due to a cheap contract and the roles they play. If Dupuis comes back maybe we can finally see the end of Talbot. We know Kennedy will be gone if he doesn't come down from the 2 million a year number.

Yeah Jagr isn't playing in Pittsburgh.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Figured they would bring back Adams ($600k) and Rupp ($870k) due to a cheap contract and the roles they play. If Dupuis comes back maybe we can finally see the end of Talbot. We know Kennedy will be gone if he doesn't come down from the 2 million a year number.

Yeah Jagr isn't playing in Pittsburgh.

Adams playing hardball.. actually wants more than league minimum if you can believe it!!

Hey, Pens fans all knew he was a steal at 550k... so a bump to 650 or 700 isnt going to shock anyone, I think he'll get that easy on the market.

That damnned HBO 24/7 was pretty much a sales pitch for some of these guys, and he was one who came off in a good light.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yea I hear max increase would be almost 4 million as long as the players vote in their extra chunk as per usual.

the Pens pay Eric Godard 700k+... it would be hard to explain not matching that much for everything Adams does. Guess we'll see.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
jagr3.jpg

JustAsking

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In theory, I would love to see Jagr back with the Pens... I never held any type of grudge against him... always a fan... but, I'm not sure if Jags could go 82 games and then playoffs... mind more than body.

...TK... 2 million... I wouldn't like it, but I would sign him still. Hoping for 1.5 range

If it comes down to giving Adams an extra 200K (making around 700K then) or giving it to TK, give it to TK. Letestu is a right handed center man that could fill the 4th line.

Hopefully Talbot's salary decreases and that decrease can go towards TK... do you think any team will offer Talbot a raise?

This is a fun off-season... ina few years, I'll be shitting bricks...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Some one will offer Talbot a raise. Too many GM's will still focus on '09 still and give him a Randel El-type deal. Pens need to keep 2 of the Rupp/Dupuis/Adams /Kennedy/Talbot mess... but they all will want more money I think.

Watch out for Winnipeg this off-season.. they just because HUGE spoilers. Rabid fans pushing and a BIG pile of cap room.... they will be offering somebody some serious cash.

And Toronto/Philly/Rangers... I expect all of them to make a play for one or more of those 5 guys I mentioned. Dirty bastards.

And yea.. this is a fun offseason... in a few years look the hell out.