• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is funny. I have a feeling though it won't be in Pittsburgh he is all about the money and another team will offer him a lot more.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Man, I following the #jagrwatch on twitter yesterday... HAHAHA.. he still brings a trainload of drama to every situation, that hasnt changed.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That is funny. I have a feeling though it won't be in Pittsburgh he is all about the money and another team will offer him a lot more.

Normally, I'd agree... but he seems different this time around I dont know why. He'd have still made more $$ in the KHL... maybe he just wants one last hurrah on a good team.

He still has a house in Pittsburgh so thats something he doesnt have to worry about, the Penguin training facilities are brand new and would pamper an old-timer like himself, and he be on a line with one of the two best centermen in the NHL....

My only fear is he cant handle an 82 game season anymore plus two dozen playoff games....

Wait... I wonder if Michalek is living in his house? Haha.. have to throw Z out first then. He always rents it out to Euros. Sykora lived there as well.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow I just cannot get youtubes to embed on here haha

Tried both hyperlink and embedding in between the [YOUTUBE]s.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey DBE...driving home today on WIP...sports radio...they said the Flyers have entertained the idea of going after Jager...blasphemy...lol

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea I heard that too. Well, when the Pens and Wings spend three days courting a player, other GMs take notice and come to see what this is all about.

I have NO idea what happens. Just read a snippet from a Philly site that said Jagr already told Mario he'll sign here, they have a huge 'welcome home' thing planned, and that his agent is still taking offers so they can say "Look what a great guy Jaromir is, he turned down more money to play in Pittsburgh.."

well, here, YOU read it.. The Delaware County Daily Times Blogs: In The Room with Anthony SanFilippo

So confused........:twitch:

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny heard that also about the Flyers. As a Pens fan I would be happy because I don't think he would help the Flyers out that much as he could other teams.

I really didn't want him in Pittsburgh anyway but now he is concerned about the young core of players in Pittsburgh?
Things never change he is still a drama queen and about the only team with a core not younger than him is the Redwings. Get over yourself already or go back to the KHL.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see him as a big help to the Penguins if he still has the legs, and of much use to the Wings, I never did figure out their interest in the first place. Maybe the weak winger market this year.

But Detroit is the best organization when it comes to scouting Europeans, so maybe Jags has the legs. I dont know.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the weak market has a lot to do with his interest. True he would be a big help to the Penguins if he still had it.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And then after 3 days of the the Pens and Wings making a public display of affection for #68.. of course it drew other teams in to see what all the hub-bub is about haha.

Anyway, whatever... still would love to see a Malkin/Jagr 2-on-1 on Luongo opening night...

But if not, I'll live. Pens were favorites to win it all last year prior to the Winter Classic.. I'll take a healthy team over a Jagr any day.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thread Killed...

Pens just withdrew offer for Jagr. To much dicking around by his agent, too much at stake at noon for the rest of the roster.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny, good for Shero and Detroit not waiting on him he obviously didn't change. The first Philly/Pen game will be interesting with Talbot and Jagr in Orange and Black (just think I threw up in my mouth).

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DBE...driving home from work turn on the radio...almost rolled the car when i heard we got jagr...lol...still cant picture him in orange and black...but i try...lol...i think he can produce with giroux...hell i could produce with giroux...lol

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
DBE...driving home from work turn on the radio...almost rolled the car when i heard we got jagr...lol...still cant picture him in orange and black...but i try...lol...i think he can produce with giroux...hell i could produce with giroux...lol

No doubt.

Really, I'm ill picturing Jags and Talbot in Orange... but man you just picked up a pair of has-beens for the same price Ville Leino got on the market.

Sorry, I'd have taken Lenio on the Pens over those two.

Guess we'll see.

flyermaniaa90

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow...really dbe...here are leino st Detroit Red Wings NHL 13 5 4 9 6 5 7 0 2 2 0
2009-10 Detroit Red Wings NHL 42 4 3 7 6 -10 -- -- -- -- --
2009-10 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 13 2 2 4 4 2 19 7 14 21 6
2010-11 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 81 19 34 53 22 14 11 3 2 5
ats...just signed a huge contract... so he is a 19 goal scorer...believe me watching 82 games he takes nights off...almost bench a few times during the season...hey...jagr maybe almost done stats were excellent in russia besides at worst with giroux he is a 30 goal scorer and if he came back to the burgs...he would have been 30-35 goal scorer...you dont have to teach him to shoot...just pp goals and the 25 to 30 goals...besides...i think we getting stamkos my self or richards...gags is coming back i believe...get the emergency room ready...lol...i dont like...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow...really dbe...here are leino st Detroit Red Wings NHL 13 5 4 9 6 5 7 0 2 2 0
2009-10 Detroit Red Wings NHL 42 4 3 7 6 -10 -- -- -- -- --
2009-10 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 13 2 2 4 4 2 19 7 14 21 6
2010-11 Philadelphia Flyers NHL 81 19 34 53 22 14 11 3 2 5
ats...just signed a huge contract... so he is a 19 goal scorer...believe me watching 82 games he takes nights off...

Talbot has taken 2 years off... :cheer2:

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Dont get me wrong, would have LOVED to see Jagr play here this season out of nostalgia and he would have been a help if he pitched in on the pp and netted 20 this year....

..... but he shut that door forever. He led his 'buddy' #66 to believe it was a done deal, he drug his feet like a certain Hossa did at the deadline (which may or may not have messed up Shero's other dealings), and then... THEN he goes to the arch-rival..

I used to stick up for him to the haters in the Burgh, he was, after all, the 2nd greatest Penguin ever pre-2005.

But no more.

Bring the hate and bring the photoshops, boys... this looks like a fun fun season...

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Jagr honest to god went Sammy Sosa in an interview... they asked him if his decision hurt his relationship with Mario...

"It’s tough for me to explain in English, it would be a lot easier for me to explain in Czech because I didn’t speak a lot of English in the last three years. I could even explain in Russian better."

hahaha...

Mike Rupp's last tweet as a Penguin before going to the Rangers.. classic..

"3 things will stay true.... 1) I won't like the Miami Heat (LBJ) 2) grown men shouldn't ride scooters 3) I will hit the Mullet,for all fans!"

Gonna miss him the most haha. He's keeping the family here, he says. I expect him to have an office job in the organization in 5 or 6 years. Class act.