• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Need For Everything (Official Lionstop1 draft report)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO. John Wendling. Lions were paying that dude 1+ million a year to play special teams. Got on the field playing defense because of Injuries and got smoked like some super lemon haze.

He was a damn good ST player. Man he sucked at S. That is one of those guys I always think of when I say competition breeds success. There was never a time anyone thought he could replace anybody. Why I like IAQ. I think he fill Digs' shoes rather well next year.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the NFL, there aren't tiny ass little white dude's at safety, barely missing tackles. He is "squeaking by" players that have no shot in the NFL. Plus, most of those long TD's... He is running through holes bigger than Kardashians vagina.

I could pick out 15-20 CB's or Safety's on any given Sunday who look bad. I keep on hearing the NFL has such tight windows and every player is so fast that these college guys won't duplicate some of these plays. BULLSHIT... It happens every damn weekend... several of the top notch DB's get torched. You know who has been the worst cover corner over the last two years as far as giving up 20+ yard pass plays, PATRICK PETERSON...

you're reaching Thunder, really reaching

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KBobx3.gif

Please tell me what is impressive about this and do you honestly think the Lions will be opening up holes this big so he can run his upright running ass right on through?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upright runners who came from college into the NFL.... Jamal Charles, Adrian Peterson, DeMarco Murray, Darren McFadden... and Gurley is too...

the above post... my answer is Coleman's explosive burst. Big ASS hole to run through. you're talking about 100th's of a second before that bitch closed. Coleman's speed got him through or away from the defense.

Maybe this years Detroit O-Line is different. Complexity of last years blocking scheme had a lot to do with many of the issues not to mention the lack of chemistry, cohesion and continuity of shuffled players due to injuries.

I could just as easily go through Gurley's tape and find numerous plays throughout each game where he had the same type of openings... SEC SEC SEC

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could just as easily go through Gurley's tape and find numerous plays throughout each game where he had the same type of openings... SEC SEC SEC

Only difference is Gurley sets up defenders, blows through defenders and also can also juke defenders out in the hole. All I see with Tevin is a kid who runs really fast through big holes and usually isn't touched until a safety has to come up and make a play. By then he has a full head of steam and just needs to side step them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon is perfect for them and we really do need the extra pick. The 7 ft Asian poster losses his shit when Gordon is there and we pass on him.

While I have yet to officially make up my mind and post a draft prediction I see C. Erving as a strong possibility
... :pound:

I'd love that pick. I don't think he'll still be there that late in the round (he's too good of a prospect to get past 20, imo, but one never know until the draft finally unfolds. I'll tell you this- if we can trade back with Dallas, pick up an extra 3rd rounder, and still draft Erving... well that would be a perfect 1st round, imo. Not too many center/guard/tackle combos available out there...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Cameron Erving pick, even though I still question some of his in-game flaws, but I also LOVE Ali Marpet's skill-set, versatility, more than Erving. I wouldn't be upset 1 dog gone bit if the selection was Erving.
Both.

Erving in the 1st, Marpet in the 3rd. With a Xavier Cooper in the 2nd.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys seriously using random clips of good blocking to support your clothes that Coleman isn't good. You can find clips like that all day long for any team. That doesnt make much sense when you evaluate a RB. That only tells part of the story.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone aware of how bad Indiana's offensive line really was?

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KBobx3.gif

Please tell me what is impressive about this and do you honestly think the Lions will be opening up holes this big so he can run his upright running ass right on through?

The sad part is that Bell would've never scored on that play. Maybe an eight yard gain.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone aware of how bad Indiana's offensive line really was?

Horrible doesn't even begin to tell the story on UofIndiana OL. not to mention 4 qb's for the season.. Coleman was a 1 man wrecking crew who had a broken toe in game 5. coaching staff wasn't even aware of how bad that toe was injured..

just jelly

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
continued from above
Detroit Lions: Offensive line, running back top offensive needs at NFL draft

“So, a lot of quality, a lot of different guys, guys with some position flexibility, which we like. So, it’s a strong group.”

While there aren’t any true guard prospects worthy of a first-round choice there are possibilities in tackles who could play guard including Brandon Scherff (Iowa) who will likely be gone by the time the LIons pick in the first round.

La’El Collins played tackle at LSU, but moved inside to guard at the Senior Bowl. He should be available late in the first round.

Cameron Erving (Florida State) might be the best bet. He could be plugged in and start at left guard. His versatility — he can play guard too — makes him more.

In the second round, Laken Tomlinson (Duke) would be top choice for guard but there’s a good chance he won’t be available. A.J. Cann (South Carolina) and Ali Marpet (Hobart) :nod: could be there if the Lions are interested. They’re rated as the top three true guards, but are not regarded as first-round guys.

I am warming up to Marpet more and more. I am thinking he may be the way to go if they trade out of the first round. He might even still be there in the third, but he has been rising lately.

I am thinking instead of BPA, we go BVA. Best value available. It is similar but the BPA is not always the best value especially in rounds 1 and 2. I would trade all my 1sts, 6ths, and 7ths and get all 2-5s. I want to trade Pettigrew and our 7th to Baltimore for their 4th.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK with Tomlinson in the 2nd too. Any of those 3 guys would be great. Lots of D-line and O-line to choose from in the first 3 rounds. The question is do we go RB or CB with the other pick in the first 3. Everything I am reading is saying RB. Little talk of CB so far:confused2:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am warming up to Marpet more and more. I am thinking he may be the way to go if they trade out of the first round. He might even still be there in the third, but he has been rising lately.

according to many scouts reports, he displayed the best "technique" of ALL O-Lineman at the Senior Bowl. He was quick to learn coaching, handled Shelton on many occasion, has really quick feet but he needs to get stronger and be more disciplined with his hands and punch. The sort of down side is he only played LT at Hobart and Mayhew stated he likes guys who are versatile. The positive with that previous statement is that he's viewed as being capable of playing LT, LG or C. To add to that, there were some scouts who said he is comparable in skill-set to last years Zack Martin.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little talk of CB so far:confused2:

once you get past the technically sound CB's like Waynes, Peters or K. Johnson, it appears to be somewhat of a question. lots of guys who need quite a bit of work on technique but many who possess physical traits that teams admire.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best value available

I like that comment right there.

This is the year where Mayhew will have lots of difficult decisions to make. Gurley with the ACL and IF he's still there at #23, what do you do ? or even if Gordon is there or a OT or Erving or Brown. The list goes on with many a variables. It would be great for Mayhew to draft 1-2 starters and 1 immediate high impact player out of those first three picks. Unless we somehow wind up with more picks, the previous comment could go up.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My boy Marpet will be gone by the time the Lions pick in the third, if not gone in the second.
No problem, make the trade with Dallas then package our third and theirs to move up into the late second for him.

That being said you know that Lord Voldemort is not going up in the mid rounds, he is going back and has basically already said that when he was ask about not having a 4th and 5th rd pick.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would the hypocrisy of Caldwell's way of viewing off field issues, weed is horrible but PED's are just fine, keep Lord Voldemort from drafting PJ Williams with our second rd pick?

I think he will be there?