• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Need For Everything (Official Lionstop1 draft report)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is similar to why I don't like Tevin Coleman. He isn't shifty at all and seemed like he had "just enough" speed to squeak by defenders in college.

so tell me, how is it that he did all of the following;

Film review: How Indiana's Tevin Coleman could boost Lions
At 5-113/8 and 206 pounds, Coleman has blazing speed and is the definition of a home run hitter. He led the nation with touchdown runs of 30-plus yards (9 TDs), 40-plus (8 TDs), 50-plus (6 TD) and 60-plus (5 TDs), and tied for the lead with three touchdowns of 70 yards or more. Coleman's average touchdown distance last season was an astounding 40.3 yards.

Let's examine Coleman's tape to see why he is a dynamic playmaker.

BB_72; he had some lanes and gaps to run through but you don't accomplish what he did with all those runs simply because of an OLine and ohe had a broken damn toe with most of those runs. Watch Coleman's video against tOSU up in that link. Those are punk players on tOSU.. Impressive isn't enough...

you were really high on Gordon, back in Feb., saying he couldn't be caught from behind, jump cuts, explosive and your not high on him anymore... not being a smart-ass either..

all of our opinions can/do change the more we look into prospects but you are EXTREMELY short-changing Tevin Coleman, IMO.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it doubled up on my above post

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well you're not going to believe this but I actually like what I've seen on tape from Eric Rowe. His switch to CB this year from safety previously isn't anywhere near as bad as some have stated. I love the possibility of his versatility. so there's that. Yes, I'd actually put him in line for the Lions at #54 IF he were still available. a possibility. He's not necessarily a want of mine but I wouldn't be upset.

I can't get behind Rowe. He sat behind one of the best front sevens in college football and still got burned regularly. He is solid for stretches, but he will cost you in the long run.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get behind Rowe. He sat behind one of the best front sevens in college football and still got burned regularly. He is solid for stretches, but he will cost you in the long run.

gotcha... The game against Oregon I saw some of what you're talking about but there was another tape that had Stanford and USC or UCLA where he did very well. He did have a leg issue that bothered him most of the season according to a couple reports.

I cannot find the one video where it had Stan, USC and UCLA... but you've seen him more

Last edited:

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so tell me, how is it that he did all of the following;

Film review: How Indiana's Tevin Coleman could boost Lions
At 5-113/8 and 206 pounds, Coleman has blazing speed and is the definition of a home run hitter. He led the nation with touchdown runs of 30-plus yards (9 TDs), 40-plus (8 TDs), 50-plus (6 TD) and 60-plus (5 TDs), and tied for the lead with three touchdowns of 70 yards or more. Coleman's average touchdown distance last season was an astounding 40.3 yards.

Let's examine Coleman's tape to see why he is a dynamic playmaker.

BB_72; he had some lanes and gaps to run through but you don't accomplish what he did with all those runs simply because of an OLine and ohe had a broken damn toe with most of those runs. Watch Coleman's video against tOSU up in that link. Those are punk players on tOSU.. Impressive isn't enough...

you were really high on Gordon, back in Feb., saying he couldn't be caught from behind, jump cuts, explosive and your not high on him anymore... not being a smart-ass either..

all of our opinions can/do change the more we look into prospects but you are EXTREMELY short-changing Tevin Coleman, IMO.

Rolling does change his mind alot but that does happen...I guess. Coleman has shown and extraordinary ability to FINISH, which I think some are forgetting. By all the info I've gathered, I still think he's linked to the Colts and Lions.

Hes definitely a north-south runner and gets up field with limited wasted movement. Indiana's offensive line was ranked pretty low also. I've seen a few sources that have him as the top rated back.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At 54, you wont find a CB thats very polished with everything. What you look for is the potential, how he fits and can his skills be corrected. The Lions hosted him so I believe there is some interest. That S/CB experience is nice.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 54, you wont find a CB thats very polished with everything. What you look for is the potential, how he fits and can his skills be corrected. The Lions hosted him so I believe there is some interest. That S/CB experience is nice.

If he is there at 54 I would take him with no questions. I would also like to have Kaelin Clay and Nate Orchard

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up the article on Rowe on bleacherreport (my phone wont copy the link right now). Its a good article. He probably wont be available for us at 54.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've mentioned quite a few times in here about Mayhew, Caldwell and Austin liking a players versatility. Well, here's an article from Detroit Lions.com that clearly states the aforementioned. It's regarding this years class of O-lineman... Mayhew talks about only having 7 OL on the active roster come game day and how he prefers a guy who can play OG/C or a guy who can play OT/OG or RT/LT. I'm referencing this because players like Peat, Humphries, Clemmings don't fit that criteria. They sure do seem to love the versatility of La'el Collins and Cameron Erving.

O'HARA'S DRAFT PREVIEW: Offensive line

Mayhew said at his pre-draft press conference. “A lot of quality. A lot of different guys – guys with some position flexibility, which we like. It’s a strong group.

“I’ve always said that versatility within that group is very important. You’re only going to dress seven guys (on game day). If a guy can play center and guard, or a guy can play guard and tackle, it gives him a lot more value.”

Other prospects with first-round grades have played more than one position.

Brandon Scherff of Iowa is generally rated the top line prospect overall. Like Collins, Scherff had one season at left guard and the last two at left tackle. Scouts are divided over whether Scherff is better suited for guard or tackle in the pros.

Cameron Erving of Florida State is the top-rated center, but with limited starting experience at the position. Erving started the last five games at center in 2014 after 37 starts at left tackle.

Ereck Flowers of Miami (Fla.) and Jake Fisher of Oregon have started at left and right tackle. Cedric Ogbuehi of Texas A&M has started at every position except center.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this article is on Gordon. There's some input from his H.S. coach and Trae Waynes was his teammate at that time.
H.S. coach: Four teams say they won't pass on Melvin Gordon

can you say pay-off and FSU player all in same sentence
P.J. Williams' DUI Case Dismissed: Latest Details, Comments and Reaction | Bleacher Report

Johnson is reportedly popular in NFL circles.

In fact, Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports thinks he could come off the board within the first 16 selections.

"... The gap between Trae Waynes and some other corners isn't all that great to many people I've talked to," La Canfora wrote. "In fact, plenty think Wake Forest's Kevin Johnson might be the best of the bunch. I see him in the top half of the first round as well."

Mike Florio of ProFootballTalk has also heard from several clubs that Johnson is the No. 1 cornerback on their draft board.

"With the draft four days away, we’re told that multiple teams have Johnson ahead of Waynes," Florio wrote. "If one of those teams ends up on the clock and decides to take a corner, Johnson will go before Waynes."

The leaked information could be nothing more than a smokescreen from teams smitten with Waynes. Or Johnson could be more highly regarded by some teams and not others based upon scheme and traits at the position. Cornerback can often be a team-specific drafting venture, with clubs favoring different things (such as length, press ability, fluidity, etc.).

BB_72: I still like this kid even though Gandy and I agree that his run support lacks. I don't get all giddy over a single or several big hits coming from a college CB. I do differ somewhat from Gandy on Johnson's coverage skills.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rolling does change his mind alot but that does happen...I guess. Coleman has shown and extraordinary ability to FINISH, which I think some are forgetting. By all the info I've gathered, I still think he's linked to the Colts and Lions.

Hes definitely a north-south runner and gets up field with limited wasted movement. Indiana's offensive line was ranked pretty low also. I've seen a few sources that have him as the top rated back.

Which thing did I change my mind on? I don't like Coleman that much. David Johnson has impressive combine stats but there was nothing overly impressive about his tape other than his pass catching chops. Riddick is similar to him already. I like Gurley at #23 and nobody else. I like Gordon but he is a high second round guy to me. When it comes to making people miss. Duke Johnson is still the best and would be thrilled to have him with the second rounder. He reminds me a lot of Lesean Mccoy. Abullah is an interesting player I would also not mind having in the second round. Otherwise, I'm down to snatch up a RB or two later in the draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin White, CB, TCU

hi-res-c7a2c0e63ebedabed86c9198f6dd3128_crop_exact.jpg

Tony Gutierrez/Associated Press

Most people following the draft know of Kevin White the receiver. The West Virginia product will likely be a first-round pick and could end up being the first wideout taken in the draft.

However, Kevin White the cornerback also has a good chance at a long NFL career despite not having quite the same physical stature as the wide receiver. At 5'9" without great speed (4.63 40-yard dash), the TCU star has slid down draft boards, and front offices look toward players with more upside.

That said, White has the technique and instincts that lead to success at this position. Pat Kirwan of CBSSports.com noted how well the player did against his namesake during the past season:
Pat_Kirwan_thumb_normal.jpg
Pat Kirwan

@PatKirwanCBS

talkin w/Kevin White the CB from TCU loved his gam @Sr Bowl he also held Kevin White from WVA to 3 rec for 28yds & 0TD greatvaluemid rd

3:31 PM - 30 Mar 2015

At the very least, he could immediately step into a team's lineup as a slot cornerback. In the current NFL, this is an extremely important position for those looking to defend the pass.

This is one example where the results at the scouting combine will not accurately show the true value of a football player.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look up the article on Rowe on bleacherreport (my phone wont copy the link right now). Its a good article.

I cannot find that dang article. not even in the archives so far but I'm only 10 pages into that.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m2VZo7.gif

In the NFL, there aren't tiny ass little white dude's at safety, barely missing tackles. He is "squeaking by" players that have no shot in the NFL. Plus, most of those long TD's... He is running through holes bigger than Kardashians vagina.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Highlighting the Best Small-School Prospect at Every Position in 2015 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report

Highlighting the Best Small-School Prospect at Every Position in 2015 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report David Johnson

Highlighting the Best Small-School Prospect at Every Position in 2015 NFL Draft | Bleacher Report Ali Marpet

Detroit Lions: Offensive line, running back top offensive needs at NFL draft

For the Detroit Lions’ offense, the NFL draft is crucial for two areas — a left guard and a running back.

Note, neither has to be a first-round pick but the guard has to have the ability to step in and start in September.

With the release of Rodney Austin last week and the failure to sign veteran Rob Sims by now, the potential pool of guards is shallow.

While general manager Martin Mayhew has said repeatedly that he drafts for the future, it seems the future is now for these two positions. He also aims to draft three starters which could include a third wide receiver.

“I think the draft is very deep at receiver, very deep at running back,’’ Mayhew said on Friday. “I mean, some really quality players that will be there after the first round at those two positions and some impact players. So, I think speaking on this draft in particular, it’s really strong in those skill position areas.”

It all starts with the line. It doesn’t matter who the Lions acquire at running back if there is not a line to block for him.

Mayhew said on Friday that the Lions made an offer to Rob Sims three weeks ago and have not received a response. Sims started every game at left guard for the past five seasons.
BB_72; This should have Dr. Evil jumping for joy unless Sims does sign.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
m2VZo7.gif

In the NFL, there aren't tiny ass little white dude's at safety, barely missing tackles. He is "squeaking by" players that have no shot in the NFL. Plus, most of those long TD's... He is running through holes bigger than Kardashians vagina.

That is one helluva hole.

What do you mean no white boys at safety. Eric Weddle is perty dang good. Don't forget about John Wendling the great white hype TP wanted to keep forever as a Lion.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
continued from above
Detroit Lions: Offensive line, running back top offensive needs at NFL draft

“So, a lot of quality, a lot of different guys, guys with some position flexibility, which we like. So, it’s a strong group.”

While there aren’t any true guard prospects worthy of a first-round choice there are possibilities in tackles who could play guard including Brandon Scherff (Iowa) who will likely be gone by the time the LIons pick in the first round.

La’El Collins played tackle at LSU, but moved inside to guard at the Senior Bowl. He should be available late in the first round.

Cameron Erving (Florida State) might be the best bet. He could be plugged in and start at left guard. His versatility — he can play guard too — makes him more.

In the second round, Laken Tomlinson (Duke) would be top choice for guard but there’s a good chance he won’t be available. A.J. Cann (South Carolina) and Ali Marpet (Hobart) :nod: could be there if the Lions are interested. They’re rated as the top three true guards, but are not regarded as first-round guys.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is one helluva hole.

What do you mean no white boys at safety. Eric Weddle is perty dang good. Don't forget about John Wendling the great white hype TP wanted to keep forever as a Lion.

LMAO. John Wendling. Lions were paying that dude 1+ million a year to play special teams. Got on the field playing defense because of Injuries and got smoked like some super lemon haze.