• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Need For Everything (Official Lionstop1 draft report)

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do like the Cameron Erving pick, even though I still question some of his in-game flaws, but I also LOVE Ali Marpet's skill-set, versatility, more than Erving. I wouldn't be upset 1 dog gone bit if the selection was Erving.

Chicken dinner...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not mind trading back to 29. Could probably still get D.J Humphries or Byron Jones there.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chicken dinner...

someone had mentioned homemade Tamales to me earlier today. I kinda want to shoot him for that comment. only cuz Tamales/Mexican food is right there at the top with B-B-Q for me.

winner winner chicken dinner... I don't have 1 for Tamales

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could probably still get D.J Humphries or Byron Jones there.

:nutswing:off his combine #'s... go watch his tape :whoppdeedoo:.... kid may become something but his tape sucks.

where you at Gandy to put your 2-cents in on Byron Jones, you also watched his tape

it's not a personal attack on you either, Mebert. you're a cool dude

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
someone had mentioned homemade Tamales to me earlier today. I kinda want to shoot him for that comment. only cuz Tamales/Mexican food is right there at the top with B-B-Q for me.

winner winner chicken dinner... I don't have 1 for Tamales

Well it just so happens I am sitting in Wing Stop for some chicken. Now I have no clue who could have mentioned tamales to ya? I do have 6 more wrapped up to warm up on my machine tonight. Nothing like using a hot motor as a oven.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing like using a hot motor as a oven.

I used to use my truck engine or the engine to my shot-blasting machine... either or but I could always heat up a meal so long as I had plenty of Foil...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to move up to 23 to take Gordon. Ahead of the Carolina and Zona if they don't end up with Peterson. We get their 3rd as our front office (fucking Gandy, I can't believe I said I would hold off til Thursday on bashing, so not right, stupid me, wimps do that I guess, my bad) twists the knife of leverage in JJ's side.

Gordon is perfect for them and we really do need the extra pick. The 7 ft Asian poster losses his shit when Gordon is there and we pass on him.

While I have yet to officially make up my mind and post a draft prediction I see C. Erving as a strong possibility if we went back to 27. The front office :exploding: doesn't make the same mistake twice after passing on Z. Martin last year. His versatility really opens things up along the line.

The seven foot asian dude would get little pissed at first but then wait to see how things play out the rest of the way. I think there is a strong possibility that one of those teams will trade up.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The seven foot asian dude

pretty sure I remember someone stating that they were nearly same height/weight as Gordon but wasn't nearly as muscle bound or ripped like Gordon..... curious bout this myth of 7-foot Asian dude

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty sure I remember someone stating that they were nearly same height/weight as Gordon but wasn't nearly as muscle bound or ripped like Gordon..... curious bout this myth of 7-foot Asian dude

Good memory. Lol

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's the purple kush, I swear... it has the reverse effect on me :D

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nutswing:off his combine #'s... go watch his tape :whoppdeedoo:.... kid may become something but his tape sucks.

where you at Gandy to put your 2-cents in on Byron Jones, you also watched his tape

Is this the CB from UConn we spoke about? ...if so He shoot up the board after his combine numbers. It's feels like workout warrior hype. His film was not pleasing. I will say small things that might/can be corrected by good coaching. So maybe Austin makes it work.

That CB I was not big on was Johnson kid from Wake. I see big guys eating him up in tight coverage and off the line. Also a guy who gets blocked all to well on run plays. Everyone loved that ONE hit on his highlight reel. I saw a guy who was not solid tackler. I prolly am judging to harsh on some as I have been a Kevin White fan for a slot corner this year and possible #2 oppo of Slay.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this the CB from UConn we spoke about? ...if so He shoot up the board after his combine numbers. It's feels like workout warrior hype. His film was not pleasing.

YEP ! that's him. He didn't have anywhere need the speed, on-field, to catch up to Funchess. He consistently took poor angles and really didn't out-jump Darboh on his one interception in that Michigan game. He got inside position on Darboh. He did sniff out a reverse in the backfield. I wouldn't count on Austin being able to create his magic on either Jones or Jalen Collins. The greatly lacking of technique by those two makes me question either of them. Remember, Austin was at UofM and couldn't do much with the talent they had. Austin has had the opportunity to work with some very talented, already technically sound CB's in his past. I'm not saying Austin can't make it happen but they seem like risky projects. Jones and Collins both have the height/weight/speed/arm length and the combine #'s.

disclaimer: I'm not a scout but I feel as though when I'm watching tape-highlight film, I've got a little bit of a clue. then again maybe not

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prolly am judging to harsh on some

me too. I'm in same boat.

I have been a Kevin White fan for a slot corner this year and possible #2 oppo of Slay.

agree... he reminds me a little like last years Jason Verrett. I don't know who TCU CB coach is but it seems as though he does a great job or he gets pretty lucky with guys who already are pretty well technically sound or a combination.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your are very likely right. I put his name in based on position and ranking. I had Landon Collins there, but I doubt he is there at 23 let alone 29.

Poor film but amazing physical attributes? Are we sure he did not play for the UTES?

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I take it you don’t like that? LOL. I saw somewhere that the Lions have spoke with Armstead and I keep seeing his name surfacing lately. They’re calling him one of those prospects with huge upside. I can see the Lions going that direction.

The only pick worse that Armstead would be the second coming of Mike Williams, I mean Green-Beckham.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor film but amazing physical attributes? Are we sure he did not play for the UTES?

well you're not going to believe this but I actually like what I've seen on tape from Eric Rowe. His switch to CB this year from safety previously isn't anywhere near as bad as some have stated. I love the possibility of his versatility. so there's that. Yes, I'd actually put him in line for the Lions at #54 IF he were still available. a possibility. He's not necessarily a want of mine but I wouldn't be upset.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think David Johnson in the 3rd would represent the best value for us if he falls that far. He's the next Matt Forte, imo.

That's pretty high praise considering Forte is one of the best all around backs in the NFL. In the NFL, you have to either make guys miss or be powerful enough to break tackles. I didn't see very many broken tackles from him. He also has no shiftiness to his game.

That is similar to why I don't like Tevin Coleman. He isn't shifty at all and seemed like he had "just enough" speed to squeak by defenders in college. In the NFL, as we all know.... All the players are fast as hell. I don't see him "squeaking by" anyone.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a link from yard-barker but scanning through all 10 is notable to say the least. maybe they just want site visits.

10 bold predictions for the 2015 NFL Draft
8. Three Running Backs in the Top 40

From 2009-2012, 10 running backs went in the first round. In the two drafts since, zero have gone on the first day. There are numerous reasons for this. First off, the running back position has become devalued around the NFL in recent seasons. Second, there just hasn’t been a ton of top-end talent at this position as of late.

The latter scenario changes big time with Wisconsin’s Melvin Gordon and Georgia’s Todd Gurley expected to go somewhere within the top-25 picks. If that’s an eventuality, it would leave about 15 picks for the third running back to go off the board. Teams such as the Baltimore Ravens (26), Dallas Cowboys (27), Indianapolis Colts (29) and New England Patriots (32) could make it three running backs in the first round. While that’s highly unlikely, there are some running back-needy teams selecting at the top of Day 2, including the Oakland Raiders and New York Jets.

BB_72; If the Vikings do trade Peterson Thursday night, I could see them jumping into the end of the 1st round should the need come up for RB. They did it last year with Teddy Bridgewater and two years ago, after trading Harvin (got CB Xavier Rhodes), and went back late to get WR Patterson (from NE)after selecting DT Shariff Floyd with their original pick. GM Spielman is a risk taker.