• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk's stats are the awesome!

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all heard it. How awesome Cuz's stats are the last 23 games or so. dad said he has the 2 greatest seasons in the history of Redskins football. I'm sure many of you would agree. There's even a belief among some, dean for example, that Kirk has to win games all by his damn self. And that golden, stat-producing arm of his, G I believe said he'd take Cuz over every other QB in football for the next 5 years.

Lawdy Dawdy. High praise inded!!!

And the stat everyone seems to wanna hang the most is passing yards. No doubt he's had some impressive games yardage-wise.

KC had 2 games of passing for 400+ yards and 7 games of passing for 300+ yards this season. The awesome.

No doubt the Skins kicked ass in those games! Right? Well......

The Skins were 0-1-1 in those 400+ passing yard games, a 31-26 loss to Dallas where Kirk had 449 passing and 458 passing yards in the 27-27 tie with Cincy.

OK some will say, understandable, but what are the Skins in the other 5 games where he had 300+ yards. 4-1 maybe? Undefeated perhaps? Well.......How bout 1-4. The 1 was Green Bay when Kirk had 375 yards. The 4 if we go in order would be Pitt/329 passing yards, 1st Dallas game/364 passing yards, Det/301, Carolina/315 yards.

Now, lets see how Kirk stacks up against the rest of his NFL QB brethren.

His 97.2 QB rating is 7th best in football.
His 606 pass att rank as the 6th most by a QB this year.
His 406 comp are 3rd most by a QB.....looking good.
His 67% comp % has to be high ranking, yep, 8th best in the NFL
His 4917 yards or everyone's fave stat is an impressive 3rd best in football. Kudos Kirk.
His 8.1 ypa is an unber impressive 3rd best again.

Wow...firmly entrenched in the top 1 quarter IE Elite of football in every significant stats.

Lets finish then shall we.

His 25 TDs are wha? only good enough for 13th best in the league.
And his 4.1% TD % is only good for 16th best in the league. Hmmm.

If this was a hottest girls who put out competition. I believe this would qualify Kirk as a big ol' cocktease.The biggest cocktease of 2016 in fact. In comparison with QBs whothemselves have guady passing yards its gets even worse as only 3 QBs threw for over 4900 yards. The #4 QB, Aaron Rodgers, 4428 yards. Drew Brees who led all QBs with 5208 yards threw for 37 TDs. Matt Ryan, 4944 yards passing threw 38 TDs. Rodgers checks in at 40 TDs on his 4400+ passing yards.

So Kirk was freaking great passing his ass off, moving up and down the field all day as if almost at will it seems. but when it came time to cash in on all those passing yards. Well, it seems there was a bit of a disconnect wouldn't you agree? That's a rshetorical question. No one cares if you agree. The stats speak, and quite clearly I'd add, for themselves.

Another stat that imo indicates an inability to put the ball in the endzone. Dustin Hopkins had the most FG att in the NFL with 42.

From 20-29 yards out/. Only 2 kickers had more att with 13 than Hopkins, who was tied with 3 others at 12 att.

From 30-39 yards out. Only 3 kicketrs had more than Hopkins 14 att. From 39 yards or close Hopkins along with 2 other kickers shared the most with 17 FG att.

So short to mid-range FG att. Hopkins was among the NFL leaders.

If we look at most PATs though. Hopkins 39 PAT att rank him as 10 most. in the NFL.

People can say we need a better this (RB) and a better that (OL) and I can get on-board with that. Far as I'm convcerned though we just needed better QB play when it came time to do the most important thing a QB has to do. And that's put points on the board. To score 6 pts not 3 pts which we did far too m uch off this season.

Now isn't me saying get rid of Cousins, but don't try and act like he's blameless or did some hellified of QBing, Or he had to win games by himself. cuz he had great stats in every aspect of the game except the one that counted most. And when he had his best days stat-wise. Team-wise the Redsklins ended up 1-5-1 in those games. And if this is being too mean to poor ol' Kirk. Well, that's just too damn bad. He wants the big money and he wants to be the man. Stop shitting the bed when it time to finish a drive and do the most important things Put the ball in the zone..

And to all that "he's the best QB he had in 20-25 years bullshit like that's the end all be all. That's like a women who used to get kicked or punched out by her ex-boyfriend. Being happy because her new boyfriend just backhands the shit out her ass. There's never been a time that was more favorable to be a QB in the NFL than there is now.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad the Redskins have such a poor defense, thats what wins ball games

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad the Redskins have such a poor defense, thats what wins ball games

I would agree overall & for most of the season. However - yesterday the D only gave up 13 pts. They did not lose that game. I think that Breed makes some good pts. I would add the Cousins does not appear to handle the spotlight very well. His track record in must win games, prime time games & against top Ds is awful. Granted he is not the sole reason for these losses, but at some pt he is going to have to show that he can win real big games - that is where QBs earn their reputation.

Again - they need to sign Cousins long term, but at some pt Cousins is going to have to show that he can handle the pressure & also beat top tier teams.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would agree overall & for most of the season. However - yesterday the D only gave up 13 pts. They did not lose that game. I think that Breed makes some good pts. I would add the Cousins does not appear to handle the spotlight very well. His track record in must win games, prime time games & against top Ds is awful. Granted he is not the sole reason for these losses, but at some pt he is going to have to show that he can win real big games - that is where QBs earn their reputation.

Again - they need to sign Cousins long term, but at some pt Cousins is going to have to show that he can handle the pressure & also beat top tier teams.

Cousins is far from perfect, but it's hard to win against top tier teams when your defense is ranked 28th statistically

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Of the 7 losses and 1 tie that we had, the opponent scored 24 points or more 6 times.
7 of our 8 wins the opponent scored 20+.

I guess if you expect KC to go out there and score 27+ every game then...yeah, it is his fault. And to be fair, several of our losses were absolute clunkers on Offense.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but most of it starts with the Defense IMO. I don't think there is any other way to slice it. If this defense is even a couple notches better...this is a playoff team and maybe more.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've all heard it. How awesome Cuz's stats are the last 23 games or so. dad said he has the 2 greatest seasons in the history of Redskins football. I'm sure many of you would agree. There's even a belief among some, dean for example, that Kirk has to win games all by his damn self. And that golden, stat-producing arm of his, G I believe said he'd take Cuz over every other QB in football for the next 5 years.

And the stat everyone seems to wanna hang the most is passing yards. No doubt he's had some impressive games yardage-wise.

KC had 2 games of passing for 400+ yards and 7 games of passing for 300+ yards this season. The awesome.

The Skins were 0-1-1 in those 400+ passing yard games, a 31-26 loss to Dallas where Kirk had 449 passing and 458 passing yards in the 27-27 tie with Cincy.

OK some will say, understandable, but what are the Skins in the other 5 games where he had 300+ yards. 4-1 maybe? Undefeated perhaps? Well.......How bout 1-4. The 1 was Green Bay when Kirk had 375 yards. The 4 if we go in order would be Pitt/329 passing yards, 1st Dallas game/364 passing yards, Det/301, Carolina/315 yards.

His 4917 yards or everyone's fave stat is an impressive 3rd best in football. Kudos Kirk.

Wow...firmly entrenched in the top 1 quarter IE Elite of football in every significant stats.

If this was a hottest girls who put out competition. I believe this would qualify Kirk as a big ol' cocktease.The biggest cocktease of 2016 in fact. In comparison with QBs whothemselves have guady passing yards its gets even worse as only 3 QBs threw for over 4900 yards. The #4 QB, Aaron Rodgers, 4428 yards. Drew Brees who led all QBs with 5208 yards threw for 37 TDs. Matt Ryan, 4944 yards passing threw 38 TDs. Rodgers checks in at 40 TDs on his 4400+ passing yards.

So Kirk was freaking great passing his ass off, moving up and down the field all day as if almost at will it seems. but when it came time to cash in on all those passing yards. Well, it seems there was a bit of a disconnect wouldn't you agree? That's a rshetorical question. No one cares if you agree. The stats speak, and quite clearly I'd add, for themselves.

Another stat that imo indicates an inability to put the ball in the endzone. Dustin Hopkins had the most FG att in the NFL with 42.

From 20-29 yards out/. Only 2 kickers had more att with 13 than Hopkins, who was tied with 3 others at 12 att.

From 30-39 yards out. Only 3 kicketrs had more than Hopkins 14 att. From 39 yards or close Hopkins along with 2 other kickers shared the most with 17 FG att.

If we look at most PATs though. Hopkins 39 PAT att rank him as 10 most. in the NFL.

People can say we need a better this (RB) and a better that (OL) and I can get on-board with that. Far as I'm convcerned though we just needed better QB play when it came time to do the most important thing a QB has to do. And that's put points on the board. To score 6 pts not 3 pts which we did far too m uch off this season.

Now isn't me saying get rid of Cousins, but don't try and act like he's blameless or did some hellified of QBing, Or he had to win games by himself. cuz he had great stats in every aspect of the game except the one that counted most. And when he had his best days stat-wise. Team-wise the Redsklins ended up 1-5-1 in those games. And if this is being too mean to poor ol' Kirk. Well, that's just too damn bad. He wants the big money and he wants to be the man. Stop shitting the bed when it time to finish a drive and do the most important things Put the ball in the zone..

And to all that "he's the best QB he had in 20-25 years bullshit like that's the end all be all. That's like a women who used to get kicked or punched out by her ex-boyfriend. Being happy because her new boyfriend just backhands the shit out her ass. There's never been a time that was more favorable to be a QB in the NFL than there is now.

Cool! Find us a better QB and I am all ears. No mind you I don't want to sacrifice the 4 starters we gave up to draft Griffin. No deals like that.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well... Of the 7 losses and 1 tie that we had, the opponent scored 24 points or more 6 times. I guess if you expect KC to go out there and score 27+ every game then...yeah, it is his fault. And to be fair, several of our losses were absolute clunkers on Offense.

There is plenty of blame to go around, but most of it starts with the Defense IMO. I don't think there is any other way to slice it. If this defense is even a couple notches better...this is a playoff team and maybe more.

Nobody is denying that big improvement is needed on the defense, and I am pretty sure that will occur over the next few offseasons. However it is disappointing when the D does well enough - like they did yesterday - & the offense falls short. The offense will get better by likely acquiring more help including a better overall RB, but Cousins also needs to step up especially when he plays a good D. His poor play was a big factor in the losses yesterday, against the Panthers & in the 1st Cowboys loss.

These are not mutually exclusive - they need to improve in all of these areas.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool! Find us a better QB and I am all ears. No mind you I don't want to sacrifice the 4 starters we gave up to draft Griffin. No deals like that.

I don't think that anyone in this forum is advocating getting a new QB - just that Cousins play needs to improve especially in the big games. Let's hope that this occurs moving forward.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is denying that big improvement is needed on the defense, and I am pretty sure that will occur over the next few offseasons. However it is disappointing when the D does well enough - like they did yesterday - & the offense falls short. The offense will get better by likely acquiring more help including a better overall RB, but Cousins also needs to step up especially when he plays a good D. His poor play was a big factor in the losses yesterday, against the Panthers & in the 1st Cowboys loss.

These are not mutually exclusive - they need to improve in all of these areas.

Oh..I agree. Cousins doesn't get a complete pass. There is certainly room for improvement. He has certainly had some Romo-esque games. And he hasn't played well in big games, against high quality opponents.

But yesterday probably about 75% of the plays were pass plays. Thats too many...way too many. And it has been a trend all year. He is among the leaders in passes thrown this year.

Blame it on the coaches for calling 50 pass plays every game, the OL and running game for sucking and not being able to get them in 2nd/3rd and manageable, the defense for really sucking. But you give Kirk a running game and a decent defense, his game would improve by leaps and bounds. He is not Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady who can go out there and beat you all by himself. He never will be.

You are kindof at a disadvantage when the opposing DC knows there is a very good chance it will be a pass play every time you line it up. Just sayin'.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I dunno if those 4 picks all become starters, but that's besides the point. I've hated these multi picks for one player trade ever since Gibbs traded Champ and a 2nd rd pk for Portis. And gave the Jags or whoever a 3rd pk for an about to be cut Mark Brunnell. Or that gem of a deal we gave the Jets. Switch places in the draft at the time, 2 spot difference and a 2nd rd pk the following yearwhich we picked Rocky McIntosh with that beaut.

Though full disclosure - I did think for a minute that Griffin might become a stud QB. But then he opened his mouth after the Minny game and I thought, yeah, this might bite us in the ass cuz dude is an arrogant ass and a hardhead. That's a terrible combination.

Now if some team wants to give us, what was it? 2 1st and 2 2nd for any player on the Skins at present. I'd be down with that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again as much as i hear KC sucks around here , i have to believe they are in fact saying we need a new qb .

and i keep asking the same question , give me a name of an equal or better qb for us period

i am on board if you can find one

i said this at the beginning of the year , we are an avg football team that will compete againts better teams but we wont beat them consistently. why ? because our defense isnt there yet

you want to talk about yesterday , well when we needed it at the end bombs away obscure wr schools vet db and they take the lead

vs detroit cant hold the team for 75 seconds

vs cincy we cant hit a chip shot FG

we cant get off the field on 3rd down our defense has been at the end of the scale for half a decade

haz couldnt get it done and now barry

so give me a name at qb so i can get a warm and fuzzy about it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all those that believe our offense is soo good only because of the weapons, and everybody can succeed with our weapons, why didn't Bob?

For those screaming balance, this is a passing league. We throw 62% of the time. Half the teams in the league throw over 60% of the time. So don't give the we only pass as a reason KC has good yardage.

BeaReylo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RG3 was still the QB no way Was would've been in the playoff hunt until the very end of the season. And certainly they wouldn't have had the number 3 offense in The NFL.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again as much as i hear KC sucks around here , i have to believe they are in fact saying we need a new qb .

and i keep asking the same question , give me a name of an equal or better qb for us period

i said this at the beginning of the year , we are an avg football team that will compete againts better teams but we wont beat them consistently. why ? because our defense isnt there yet

you want to talk about yesterday , well when we needed it at the end bombs away obscure wr schools vet db and they take the lead

we cant get off the field on 3rd down our defense has been at the end of the scale for half a decade

Yep has been my point all year. If you have a better QB for us lets roll .... I am still waiting to hear a name. Now VT Hokie gave us one which is fine but why make what he admits is at best an equal move. To save some money is valid but other than that at best he is an equal player.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hance my taylor thread , i put the names up but the guys bitching the loudest are silent when the name issue comes up

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great presentation Breed........sums things up nicely and puts some well needed perspective on an issue that some are desperately trying to make more of than actually exists!! (Brother handshake and shoulder hug to you from me)

* backhands the shit out of her...classic!

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh..I agree. Cousins doesn't get a complete pass. There is certainly room for improvement. He has certainly had some Romo-esque games. And he hasn't played well in big games, against high quality opponents.

But yesterday probably about 75% of the plays were pass plays. Thats too many...way too many. And it has been a trend all year. He is among the leaders in passes thrown this year.

Blame it on the coaches for calling 50 pass plays every game, the OL and running game for sucking and not being able to get them in 2nd/3rd and manageable, the defense for really sucking. But you give Kirk a running game and a decent defense, his game would improve by leaps and bounds. He is not Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, or Tom Brady who can go out there and beat you all by himself. He never will be.

You are kindof at a disadvantage when the opposing DC knows there is a very good chance it will be a pass play every time you line it up. Just sayin'.

Yep. No doubt the Redskins will address the D and the running game in the offseason. I also trust that Cousins will improve at least somewhat to minimize mistakes and step up against better defenses in pressure games. I trust that he will and again I fully believe that he will be on the Redskins next season & again give us more reasons to believe in him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Give everyone a little time to cool down. By that time any reasonable Redskins fan will know and agree with the fact that Cousins will and should be the Redskins QB next season. Also - some of these posts stating that Cousins will go to another team next season are laughable. The team already stated that they will use the tag if needed to retain him - yesterday's game did not change that. Fans and the media think like that - a reasonable FO does not operate in that manner.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Give everyone a little time to cool down. By that time any reasonable Redskins fan will know and agree with the fact that Cousins will and should be the Redskins QB next season. Also - some of these posts stating that Cousins will go to another team next season are laughable. The team already stated that they will use the tag if needed to retain him - yesterday's game did not change that. Fans and the media think like that - a reasonable FO does not operate in that manner.

Mostly agree.

Yet still question.. do we have a reasonable front office?

Time will tell.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mostly agree.

Yet still question.. do we have a reasonable front office?

Time will tell.

Cmon - you are better than that. Perhaps the current FO doesn't always make the right decisions, but they are professional & make decisions that are not based on emotions like the previous regimes. This is the first true GM they have had in ages. Give it a little more time. Now if this team is basically in the same situation at this time next year then I am with you all the way.