• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Official "Jagr to the Pens" rumor thread..

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, so good...

127502942_crop_650x440.jpg

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope he does well.

I think most fans here didn't care if he came back after the initial fanfare (see Kovalev last year). Good luck and can't wait for 12.08.11.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I hope he does well.

I think most fans here didn't care if he came back after the initial fanfare (see Kovalev last year). Good luck and can't wait for 12.08.11.

You mean 12/29/11? :D I know that is his Burgh debut.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean 12/29/11? :D I know that is his Burgh debut.

Good point...but I just love watching the matchup in general. For me this year is going to be weird with no Richards/Crosby dynamic.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point...but I just love watching the matchup in general. For me this year is going to be weird with no Richards/Crosby dynamic.

Yeah, the hatred will still be there but it wont be the same feel. I guess Crosby can continue to destory us in Philly and Giroux can get some shorties in the CEC :p

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the hatred will still be there but it wont be the same feel. I guess Crosby can continue to destory us in Philly and Giroux can get some shorties in the CEC :p

Well at least this will still occur for the time being....Who knows when we will see Crosby in a game again.

Anyway we can learn to hate Giroux....:becky: But the difference is we will wish Giroux was on our team unlike Richards.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Well at least this will still occur for the time being....Who knows when we will see Crosby in a game again.

Anyway we can learn to hate Giroux....:becky: But the difference is we will wish Giroux was on our team unlike Richards.

Agreed. Giroux has been on my wishlist since he came up to the NHL.
Solid kid. Had more respect for him on the ice than most any of the veterans over there the last few years.

Jagr, eh, whatev. I've been around too long to lose sleep over him, either when he first left town or when he didn't return. Yea, a homecoming would have been nice, especially if he has gas in the tank. But really, the money he wanted wasnt there from the Pens, not if they wanted keep some cash for the kids coming up.

It happens, and if it wasn't twisted into the Flyer/Pens rivalry, it would barely be an issue. Well, unless he went to the Caps or Wings, then it would still be a talking point in town. :mmph:

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to hate Claude Giroux, but he doesn't seem like the type that would cause me to hate him, in the same way I could never hate Gagne. The Flyers are becoming too likeable, it's disappointing.

As for Jags, I'll just close my eyes and pretend he isn't wearing that filthy sweater, it is too much to bear.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll try to hate Claude Giroux, but he doesn't seem like the type that would cause me to hate him, in the same way I could never hate Gagne. The Flyers are becoming too likeable, it's disappointing.

As for Jags, I'll just close my eyes and pretend he isn't wearing that filthy sweater, it is too much to bear.

Good analogy for the Giroux. As for the Flyers they still have Pronger and Hartnell...If either gets traded then there is no one to hate.

Jagr in a Flyer uni doesn't bother me much since he already played in a Capitals and Rangers uniform.

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The Flyers are becoming too likeable, it's disappointing.

I felt the same way last season. Lavie had them playing almost too clean to hate.

However.... I have a feeling that is going to change this year. I am predicting they revert to form judging by the Shelly and Simmonds pick-ups just to name a few reasons right off.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I felt the same way last season. Lavie had them playing almost too clean to hate.

However.... I have a feeling that is going to change this year. I am predicting they revert to form judging by the Shelly and Simmonds pick-ups just to name a few reasons right off.

It's unfortunate, Lavy is a good coach, I long for the John Stevens era again.

Good call on Simmonds, I can grow to hate him. Briere still gets on my nerves, so there's that.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I already like Simmonds. I think he'll grow to be one of my favorite Flyers.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Making Pen fans jealous is all I could really ask for :D

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Making Pen fans jealous is all I could really ask for :D

Well, it seems that you'll know exactly when they are jealous: when they chant "Giroux Sucks!" all game long, every game, every season.. no matter how bad he spanks the home team...

:whoo:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it seems that you'll know exactly when they are jealous: when they chant "Giroux Sucks!" all game long, every game, every season.. no matter how bad he spanks the home team...

Considering youre a Pens fan, do you hate the Caps? If so, who in hell would be jealous of the Caps?

DeathByEmu

Large Flightless Bird
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Considering youre a Pens fan, do you hate the Caps? If so, who in hell would be jealous of the Caps?

A. I do not like the Caps, but I do take some selfish glee in their repeated failure to leap the last hurdle and
B. not Pens fans, but I can see other fan bases that are perennial basement dwellers
C. you do know my last comment was a dig on 'Crosby Sucks' chants in Philly right?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understood your Crosby Sucks comment, but it is not chanted ( I never chant. At all) because we are jealous. We hate him. He is the Captain of our biggest rival. These were our first thoughs of him:

The reason I asked if you hated the Caps was because I was making an attempt to use your theory. Hating someone/something does not mean youre jealous of it. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We all think Crosby is a bitch. That's why he gets the "Crosby sucks" treatment.