• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well....I dunno how credible it is, but I heard Pat Kirwan on Sirius talking about Kelly, and how his 'sources' have led him to feel that he really does want to be in the college game. He also talked about how the final decision for the current HC slot came down to between Kelly and Mike Shanahan which got me thinking about my opinion when this was all going down several months ago.

I didn't like Mike Shanahan as the HC, but I wouldn't have been terribly upset if that was the case AND his son Kyle came aboard as the so-called 'HC-in-training' - with Mike basically agreeing to set up shop for a couple of years grooming Kyle to take over.

Of course, it's all irrelevant now. In a few months, Baalke....barring something stupid....is probably out, and then it'll be square on York(s) for any further blunders this franchise puts itself into.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DC needs to go.
His defenses in Cleveland couldn't stop the run and neither can ours. The negative reports from his time with the Browns said his system for the front 7 made it difficult to stop the run b/c the players weren't sure what gap they were supposed to be in. That's looking more and more true in SF every week. Our DC should be a dead man walking. If Chip won't fire him at the end of year, I'd get rid of Chip too.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His defenses in Cleveland couldn't stop the run and neither can ours. The negative reports from his time with the Browns said his system for the front 7 made it difficult to stop the run b/c the players weren't sure what gap they were supposed to be in. That's looking more and more true in SF every week. Our DC should be a dead man walking. If Chip won't fire him at the end of year, I'd get rid of Chip too.

I've read two reports that said the DC was not Chip's choice. Chip's choice for DC was rejected by Baalke which just makes things worse for Baalke. He needs to go now

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read two reports that said the DC was not Chip's choice. Chip's choice for DC was rejected by Baalke which just makes things worse for Baalke. He needs to go now

I agree. He should have been gone at the end of last season. I guess he must be doing something right from Jed Dork's point of view.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. He should have been gone at the end of last season. I guess he must be doing something right from Jed Dork's point of view.
I really think he is done. Baalke will not be here.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think he is done. Baalke will not be here.

I hope your right, but he has a very long leash with Jed. I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke is back next year. All Jed cares about is making money and not a winning product on the field.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope your right, but he has a very long leash with Jed. I wouldn't be surprised if Baalke is back next year. All Jed cares about is making money and not a winning product on the field.
The problem is he is losing money. U need people in the stands and Fans are showing York that they need to fire Baalke. U need a good product on the field or u will keep seeing empty seats in the stadium.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is he is losing money. U need people in the stands and Fans are showing York that they need to fire Baalke. U need a good product on the field or u will keep seeing empty seats in the stadium.

We will see what happens after a 1-15 season. I want Baalke gone, but I have a feeling he's coming back. It's really sad when the Niners are in discussion in the same sentence as the Browns. What a freefall from three years ago.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will see what happens after a 1-15 season. I want Baalke gone, but I have a feeling he's coming back. It's really sad when the Niners are in discussion in the same sentence as the Browns. What a freefall from three years ago.
u know whats sad u look at this team and they dont have much talent. I like our Oline, Like Hyde(but gets hurt every year), WRs suck, TEs are avg(nice to see VD come along), Dline is bad(2 1st rd picks and doing nothing), LBs are the worst in the league(Bowman is the man), Reid is avg, Bethea is bad(cant believe tartt isnt starting), CBs are Avg.

We have no super star in the wings. At least the Browns can say they have some talent on that team.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with AU.

And no, no Jed is NOT losing money. Each team is getting more than 226M/year from the various TV/cable deals. Under the current 5 year deal, 9ers take 55% of the gameday concession and merchandise sales, about 6.8M/year. That doesn't even include ticket sales--which even if the seats are half empty, most of those seats have already been paid for by season ticket holders, so it doesn't matter if the seat is empty. The 40M+ in cap space we carried into this season is also pure profit. This year, Jed is making money by the truckload. With the new stadium, the Yorks are making more money than they've ever made in the team's history.

Having said that, he could be losing profits he might ordinarily have made if the team were better on the field--there would be better attendance, better merch and concession sales, etc., but having a better team would also require him spending more money on salaries (players, GMs, coaches), which might balance out, or even consume and surpass, the very extra profits he wanted to make. We'll know soon enough if he's willing to make that trade off.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with AU.

And no, no Jed is NOT losing money. Each team is getting more than 226M/year from the various TV/cable deals. Under the current 5 year deal, 9ers take 55% of the gameday concession and merchandise sales, about 6.8M/year. That doesn't even include ticket sales--which even if the seats are half empty, most of those seats have already been paid for by season ticket holders, so it doesn't matter if the seat is empty. The 40M+ in cap space we carried into this season is also pure profit. This year, Jed is making money by the truckload. With the new stadium, the Yorks are making more money than they've ever made in the team's history.

Having said that, he could be losing profits he might ordinarily have made if the team were better on the field--there would be better attendance, better merch and concession sales, etc., but having a better team would also require him spending more money on salaries (players, GMs, coaches), which might balance out, or even consume and surpass, the very extra profits he wanted to make. We'll know soon enough if he's willing to make that trade off.
Well Im comparing it to other years. Overall yes owners of the team make money. He can make more if he put a better product on the field. Better team more fans, more money being spent.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with AU.

If he had a GM that knew how to draft we would be fine.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better not fire Chip now at the end of the year. G-Damnit if he gets fired when a week ago he was told he would be the coach of the Niners for 2017 no matter what I will be so pissed.

If you were going to fire him you should have done it last week after the Bears game. Absolutely BS if he doesn't return to San Fran next season.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jets game Sunday afternoon, and it didn't look like Chip was all that invested in what happened during the game. I know it's hard to care when you're 1-11 and your dad just dies, but he looked like a guy who gave no further shits about being head coach of the Niners in three weeks

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Jets game Sunday afternoon, and it didn't look like Chip was all that invested in what happened during the game. I know it's hard to care when you're 1-11 and your dad just dies, but he looked like a guy who gave no further shits about being head coach of the Niners in three weeks
My guess is if he knows his job is safe is to just get the best draft spot possible.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is if he knows his job is safe is to just get the best draft spot possible.

That's possible, too...in which case, he's at least smarter than Todd Bowles

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys better not fire Chip now at the end of the year. G-Damnit if he gets fired when a week ago he was told he would be the coach of the Niners for 2017 no matter what I will be so pissed.

If you were going to fire him you should have done it last week after the Bears game. Absolutely BS if he doesn't return to San Fran next season.

I don't know how accurate that No Matter What story was. York didn't publicly say this. There are so many stories that have come out the past couple of days. Pretty much most people would say the most likely scenario at the end of the year was that Baalke would be fired and Tom Gamble promoted. Because of Gamble's relationship with Kelly and York having to pay three coaches next year, the odds would favor Kelly being retained. But if they bring in an outside GM or FO person to run the team, then all bets are off. The rumor this weekend is the Yorks are going to become involved in the team's business and Mike Shanahan's name is being thrown around as a GM/FO person. If that is true, Kelly is in trouble

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough to fire a coach in his first year but they went 5-11 last season. I thought they'd go 6-10 this season. Not sure anybody expected this kind of season......they lost yesterday when that should have been a win against the Jets.