• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What are the odds that Josh Harris will get the right GM hire?

What are the odds that Josh Harris will get the right GM hire?

• Less than a 10% chance that he hires the right GM

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 10-20% chance that he hires the right GM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30% chance that he hires the right GM

• 30-40% chance that he hires the right GM

• 40-50% chance that he hires the right GM

• 50-60% chance that he hires the right GM

• 60-70% chance that he hires the right GM

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • 70-80% chance that he hires the right GM

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • 80-90% chance that he hires the right GM

• 90-100% chance that he hires the right GM

• I'm 100% certain that Harris will hire the right GM

• Total voters

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As speculation swirls and new hope rises in anticipation of a change in Commander Nation, the first step will be to hire a new dedicated GM. Although we are now not really clear on who or how the new owner(s) operate, we know that the direction of the team must include new front office management. To that end the question is... What are the odds that Josh Harris will get the right GM hire? Of course, how effective this hire will be won't be judged right away. Time will determine if we've got the right guy but as a strictly speculative piece this is primarily a vote of confidence in our new team owner(s).

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with 70 to 80 percent. I can only go by Harris' track record. Morey isn't perfect, but he's won pretty much everywhere he's been. He's a respected baskeball GM/President that had the Rockets close for years and currently has the 76ers contending.

Not going to pretend I know a ton about Fitzgerald who runs the Devils, but they just had a quick turnaround and have what is considered the best young team in hockey.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with 70 to 80 percent. I can only go by Harris' track record. Morey isn't perfect, but he's won pretty much everywhere he's been. He's a respected baskeball GM/President that had the Rockets close for years and currently has the 76ers contending.

Not going to pretend I know a ton about Fitzgerald who runs the Devils, but they just had a quick turnaround and have what is considered the best young team in hockey.
I did to!!

Crazy we picked the same answer without knowing...lol

I am holding out for peters or borgonzi but excited for whoever we get.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies for not including the Ye ole' 50-50 crapshoot option in the poll. So if anyone is inclined to see it that way, just write it in. Thanks!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i went70% based on his track record with sixers and devils

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did to!!

Crazy we picked the same answer without knowing...lol

I am holding out for peters or borgonzi but excited for whoever we get.
Yesterday didn't bother me one bit. I'm all in on trying to get as high as pick as possible. I know they won't do it, but I really want to drop Harrsion Jr. into this lineup and go offensive line in the 2nd.

I'm excited about the GM search. We will actually do things the way everyone else does for a change.

I made peace with this season after the Bears game. That's the one that had me down in the dumps for a couple of weeks. Yesterday was a good thing.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday didn't bother me one bit. I'm all in on trying to get as high as pick as possible. I know they won't do it, but I really want to drop Harrsion Jr. into this lineup and go offensive line in the 2nd.

I'm excited about the GM search. We will actually do things the way everyone else does for a change.

I made peace with this season after the Bears game. That's the one that had me down in the dumps for a couple of weeks. Yesterday was a good thing.
yeah this was a transition year and was one once harris bought the team

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 50/50.

I dont like the idea of picking the brain of a basketball GM to figure out how to pick football GM.

I do like that he’s asking SOMEBODY for their expertise, and not relying on himself alone.

Has he fixed the showers at FedEx yet?

Lots to do, Josh Harris, lots to do…

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah this was a transition year and was one once harris bought the team

Gentlemen, this is exactly why Howell's coming to this team and not playing right away is the worst thing that could have happened to him. We all know by now that he's a good player but think about his time here in terms of that coming rebuild. A minimum two-year rebuild and this team is looking squarely at having to shell out max dollars for Howell's services. it's rare (Baltimore excepted) for organizations to have them work until the end of their contracts. That's going to hinder their rebuild and limit their peak championship window to a year. The conventional way is to sign your rookie QB as you rebuild and have him work in that window during his 4-year rookie contract.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen, this is exactly why Howell's coming to this team and not playing right away is the worst thing that could have happened to him. We all know by now that he's a good player but think about his time here in terms of that coming rebuild. A minimum two-year rebuild and this team is looking squarely at having to shell out max dollars for Howell's services. it's rare (Baltimore excepted) for organizations to have them work until the end of their contracts. That's going to hinder their rebuild and limit their peak championship window to a year. The conventional way is to sign your rookie QB as you rebuild and have him work in that window during his 4-year rookie contract.
I don't mind paying him if he deserves it. Its been so hard for to fill that position. I'd hate to see them move on from Howell if he's playing well, simply because they want to build around a QB in a rookie contract.

I'm not completely sold on Howell, but I'm about 90% sold.

That said i do like Caleb and Daniels is flying up draft boards.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i think Howell is going to catch a raw deal, a situation where he gets beat out at training camp.
however if someone is willing to trade for Howell , while our new QB is winning games, thats just another victory

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't mind paying him if he deserves it. Its been so hard for to fill that position. I'd hate to see them move on from Howell if he's playing well, simply because they want to build around a QB in a rookie contract.

I'm not completely sold on Howell, but I'm about 90% sold.

That said i do like Caleb and Daniels is flying up draft boards.
spending a top 10 pick is spinning your wheels . you need to trade howell before taking a qb or else you wont get value for him if you decide he isnt the guy and thats what you are saying if you are worried about what type of contract he will get

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spending a top 10 pick is spinning your wheels . you need to trade howell before taking a qb or else you wont get value for him if you decide he isnt the guy and thats what you are saying if you are worried about what type of contract he will get
I'm Harrsion Jr. or stud LT.

Depending on free agency and if Harrison is gone, i could be talked into Bowers.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think Howell is going to catch a raw deal, a situation where he gets beat out at training camp.
however if someone is willing to trade for Howell , while our new QB is winning games, thats just another victory
I'm not sure if it's going to be a raw deal or the result of bad timing by Rivera and Co. If they (new management) are planning on keeping Howell, then they will have to make deep changes along the OL and get upgrades at WR, TE, and RB. The team as currently constructed isn't suited for Howell's skillset. Those changes will likely take at least two off-seasons and that's the poor timing that I'm concerned about.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if it's going to be a raw deal or the result of bad timing by Rivera and Co. If they (new management) are planning on keeping Howell, then they will have to make deep changes along the OL and get upgrades at WR, TE, and RB. The team as currently constructed isn't suited for Howell's skillset. Those changes will likely take at least two off-seasons and that's the poor timing that I'm concerned about.
Excellent points!

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said 50/50.

I dont like the idea of picking the brain of a basketball GM to figure out how to pick football GM.

I do like that he’s asking SOMEBODY for their expertise, and not relying on himself alone.

Has he fixed the showers at FedEx yet?

Lots to do, Josh Harris, lots to do…
How does this guy sleep?

Not going to lie, i wish he would sell off his share of the 76ers and Devils.

Why?

You nailed it on the head...lots to do. He, rales, and magic should be slammed in meetings from 9 to 5 each day.

This organization is a dumpster fire with problems on the field, off the field, and with the field itself. I believe in harris and I were harris, I would hire the GM and tell him:

Who do you need and how much do you want to turn this around?

It's going to take an army of skilled folks to flip the script here. Not only is the GM going to be under intense pressure, we need to have an elite assistant GM as well.

I hope we raid the elite organizations of the league and share no expense.

It is exciting actually. I look forward to seeing the names coming on board. I think the organization will be unrecognizable in 3 years. That is my hope...

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this guy sleep?

Why?

You nailed it on the head...lots to do. He, rales, and magic should be slammed in meetings from 9 to 5 each day.

This organization is a dumpster fire with problems on the field, off the field, and with the field itself. I believe in harris and I were harris, I would hire the GM and tell him:

It's going to take an army of skilled folks to flip the script here. Not only is the GM going to be under intense pressure, we need to have an elite assistant GM as well.

It is exciting actually. I look forward to seeing the names coming on board. I think the organization will be unrecognizable in 3 years. That is my hope...
With 90m and our picks it can happen quickly. Look at Houston. This is a coach and QB league. You get those two right at the same time, everything usually falls into place.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How does this guy sleep?

Why?

duke, you worry like a woman .... teasing but sort of true.

Dan got lucky one time (i'll give him credit for that) but Josh is a much better businessman first of all, he owns slices of hockey, basketball, soccer and was a minority owner in Pittsburgh. People like him try on work and success. :2cents:

I think he knew things about the NFL from the minority ownership. I think as a mult-owner that just prepares him more. Today's owners are not one team owners they are trending towards multi-team owners. Hell, Magic is one.

I just don't believe he can screw it up more than the turd did.

It's a lot of work but he said he recognized that from day 1. I bet he thrives on it.

Not an easy year for fans .... we waited for the sale, then we waited for the season to start and if you are like me you can't wait for the season to end.

Hang in there but, I think good things are coming.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With 90m and our picks it can happen quickly. Look at Houston. This is a coach and QB league. You get those two right at the same time, everything usually falls into place.
With a new and good FO and HC I think year two. Maybe not SB ready but much better.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a new and good FO and HC I think year two. Maybe not SB ready but much better.
I'm pulling for Sam. That would make things a lot easier. With the defense ranked 31st and the o line in shambles, that probably is a two year build at minimum. If they hit on everything, I don't think playoffs is out of the question. Especially in this conference.