• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think even with Harbaugh this team would be winning with this roster. Would have been better than one win but I doubt this team would have been competing for anything

There isn't a coaching staff in NFL history that could win with this roster. With Harbaugh still in control, it's pretty difficult to say we'd descend to the depths we're at right now given all the unknowns that factor in.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't a coaching staff in NFL history that could win with this roster. With Harbaugh still in control, it's pretty difficult to say we'd descend to the depths we're at right now given all the unknowns that factor in.

I agree.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think hes safe?

I'm not a believer in Chip Kelly and a pro HC, so I think he will not coach out his contract, but he deserves more than one season when you look at what he had to work with...should they have more than 1 win, imo, yes, but they were never going to win more than 4 to 6 games.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys think hes safe?

IF I had to bet, I would bet that he comes back. The Yorks have to pay Tomsula another year for not coaching. If they fire Kelly this year, then they will be paying three head coaches which I think they are loathe to do. The other wild card will be who the new GM is. Right now, it looks like Baalke is going to be gone at the end of the year. If the Yorks go the easy way and promote Tom Gamble, then Kelly is probably coming back. While history does not suggest this, if the Yorks bring in a big name GM from the outside then all bets are off as a new GM will probably want to hire his own HC.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF I had to bet, I would bet that he comes back. The Yorks have to pay Tomsula another year for not coaching. If they fire Kelly this year, then they will be paying three head coaches which I think they are loathe to do. The other wild card will be who the new GM is. Right now, it looks like Baalke is going to be gone at the end of the year. If the Yorks go the easy way and promote Tom Gamble, then Kelly is probably coming back. While history does not suggest this, if the Yorks bring in a big name GM from the outside then all bets are off as a new GM will probably want to hire his own HC.

I hope someone comes in like a Miley Cyrus wrecking ball and presses the reset button for us...it's beyond evident that it needs to happen.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope someone comes in like a Miley Cyrus wrecking ball and presses the reset button for us...it's beyond evident that it needs to happen.

Not saying it should/shouldn't happen, but what is the contingency plan? Who would you like to see get hired? GM/HC/etc.? What if you can't get the guys you want...whom are you willing to settle with?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it should/shouldn't happen, but what is the contingency plan? Who would you like to see get hired? GM/HC/etc.? What if you can't get the guys you want...whom are you willing to settle with?

The door hits Baalkes ass, Gamble slides into place, Jed takes a serious back seat, but I see Kelly coming back. If they clipped him they'd be paying 3 ex coaches and a new one. That plus the fact that Kelly really didn't stand a chance between injuries and team distractions this season. I've heard a ton of rumors about GM HC combos, but the reality of the situation is that the FO has to be shuffled, settled, and given the chance to build a team through the draft and free agency. We've had zero continuity at the top and Baalke has made some horrid draft picks. As far as who I want? We'll have to see who is available in about 2 more games before I put a few names in the hat.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The door hits Baalkes ass, Gamble slides into place, Jed takes a serious back seat, but I see Kelly coming back. If they clipped him they'd be paying 3 ex coaches and a new one. That plus the fact that Kelly really didn't stand a chance between injuries and team distractions this season. I've heard a ton of rumors about GM HC combos, but the reality of the situation is that the FO has to be shuffled, settled, and given the chance to build a team through the draft and free agency. We've had zero continuity at the top and Baalke has made some horrid draft picks. As far as who I want? We'll have to see who is available in about 2 more games before I put a few names in the hat.

Fair enough. I have no problem with going to Gamble, but I'm pretty sure that he's tight with Kelly, so I think it would be safe to say if Gamble is the GM, Kelly remains the HC. I'm like you in that I just want change, just because....it's almost like that is all a Niner fan has to live for.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. I have no problem with going to Gamble, but I'm pretty sure that he's tight with Kelly, so I think it would be safe to say if Gamble is the GM, Kelly remains the HC. I'm like you in that I just want change, just because....it's almost like that is all a Niner fan has to live for.

In the glass half full world...we've got nowhere else to go but up! Baalke has run his course here...I like Gamble as the GM though. York needs to let him do his job and stay far away from football decisions...in fact he needs to stop coming to the games..he's a mush face jinx.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having never had Natural Ice (don't even think it's available around here) I'll take your word for it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What our final record? (P.S. I was saying the beer is disgusting) I think we find a way to relinquish our one win and go 0-16.

It's just a joke my buds and I throw around. You have a great steak, it's 12-4. An Aventador rolls by....easily a 14-2. A shitty beer? 3-13. North Korea as a Super Power...12-4 (but they have an easy schedule every year)

So on and so on....

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just a joke my buds and I throw around. You have a great steak, it's 12-4. An Aventador rolls by....easily a 14-2. A shitty beer? 3-13. North Korea as a Super Power...12-4 (but they have an easy schedule every year)

So on and so on....

Hahaa got it.