• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Niners GM or owner or whoever is sort of a wild card. Any chance Chip gets fired after this season if the Niners tank? Any chance Chip leaves finding this not to be the right fit for him?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1%. He will get a pass. THis season is about who fits in his system. To be honest he actually has been a good coach. We just don't have enough talent on offense.

now he might leave to go back to college but front office to fire him his 1%.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Niners GM or owner or whoever is sort of a wild card. Any chance Chip gets fired after this season if the Niners tank? Any chance Chip leaves finding this not to be the right fit for him?

Unlikely. The team is still paying Tomsula for not coaching. I can't imagine they are going to fire Kelly after just one season and then have to pay three coaches next year.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unlikely. The team is still paying Tomsula for not coaching. I can't imagine they are going to fire Kelly after just one season and then have to pay three coaches next year.
Exactly. No way in hell Niner FO will pay 3 coaches at a time and that means there is zero chance Chip gets fired this year and practically zero chance he gets fired next year.

I could easily see Baalke getting the boot after this season though with Gamble taking his spot on an interim basis or short term deal. He'd be attached to Kelly.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how about san Francisco trades Chip to Oregon for say......a bag of pretzels

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. No way in hell Niner FO will pay 3 coaches at a time and that means there is zero chance Chip gets fired this year and practically zero chance he gets fired next year.

I could easily see Baalke getting the boot after this season though with Gamble taking his spot on an interim basis or short term deal. He'd be attached to Kelly.

Baalke could very well be gone if the team ends up with only 2 or 3 wins. There have been reports that his relationship with Jed is not what it used to be.

Niner Outlaw

Stay out of my territory.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke could very well be gone if the team ends up with only 2 or 3 wins. There have been reports that his relationship with Jed is not what it used to be.
He entered the offseason with needs at QB, WR, OL, pass rusher and ILB. When the season started, we still had needs at 4 of those 5 spots. Unless the team is trying to tank, it's almost unexplainable. It reminds me of Idzik's last years in NYJ--he was fired after ignoring the team's desperate need at DB for 2 straight years.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He entered the offseason with needs at QB, WR, OL, pass rusher and ILB. When the season started, we still had needs at 4 of those 5 spots. Unless the team is trying to tank, it's almost unexplainable. It reminds me of Idzik's last years in NYJ--he was fired after ignoring the team's desperate need at DB for 2 straight years.

i get the gist but filling these spots with quality isn't as easy as it sounds? So while not defending Baalke entirely, i'm ok with SOME of his moves or non moves entering this off season. Regarding this last draft specifically, i'm ok with going BPA, even if it did seem 'overboard' at CB.

1. QB - The way the draft trades went down, no way we'd draft a quality QB. We might've considered a 2nd or 3rd rounder, but those aren't "QB's of the future" anyway. You might as well see what Gabbert and yes even Kaep, can do in THIS offense. Don't see how Baalke could've improved QB in a reasonable manner, even in free agency?

2. WR - He could've signed a top FA or used a high pick here. No 'named' FA WR comes to my mind now, so not sure there was even one for us? Had we used a high pick on a WR, who would we have given up, Garnett and not have traded up?

3. OL - This is the "spot" you referenced as being filled. But beyond that, guess Baalke knew the roster better than we thought? He projected Tiller and Brown as good players and it worked out well. He also knew Kilgore was coming back from injury.

4. Pass Rusher - Similar to WR, he could've signed a top FA or used a high draft pick? I recall some teams paid a REALLY high price for pass rushers? Prices i wouldn't want to pay. The draft didn't have top pass rushers and then we'd ask the the same question, who would we have given up? You have to be extremely lucky to get a quality pass rusher past Round 1.

5. This came up after the draft and basically, there was no good ILB worth drafting.

These needs go further back than this off season, If anything, i think getting zero value from IR players hurt the most? No we wouldn't have gotten top players except maybe the 2nd rounder, but who knows? If those players filled in as good depth, it would've allowed him to trade up more?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprising but not good.
http://www.************.com/news/98822-49ers-defense-pace-worse-last-season/

49ers defense on pace to be worse than last season October 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM • comments By Site Staff Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports 115shares Share via SMS Share via Email Many questioned the hiring of Jim O'Neil as the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator early during the offseason. However, an impressive Week 1 performance against the Los Angeles Rams put fans' minds at ease – for a week. Since giving up just 185 total yards to the Rams, the 49ers defense has given up an average of 458.3 yards per game over the past three weeks – all of which resulted in losses. The defensive performances over the past three games have put the O'Neil hiring back under scrutiny. Of course, it does not help that the 49ers offense has averaged just 292.8 total yards on offense (30th in the NFL) and just 70 total first downs through four games (27th in the NFL). The passing game ranks last in the league, so the 49ers offense is not doing the 49ers defense any favors. adLoad('pulsepoint','300x250','100513',false,728,true); Although, O'Neil's track record has not been the best. His defenses with the Cleveland Browns ranked 27th in 2015 and 23rd in 2014. They dropped from 8th to 22nd against the pass from 2014 to 2015. Against the run, they were 30th in 2015 and last in 2014. So, his resume was questionable at best. Still, O'Neil's 2015 defense ranked better than the 49ers' Eric Mangini led defense that same year. His defense even beat the 49ers during the 2015 season. This season, O'Neil's 49ers defense ranks 26th overall, 23rd in points allowed, and last against the run. What is really disturbing is the pace that the 49ers defense is on this season. It's about the same pace as last season's poor 49ers defense – worse in some areas. And now the 49ers defense will have to move forward without the best player and emotional leader, ILB NaVorro Bowman, who was lost for the season to a torn Achilles. RELATED 49ers' NaVorro Bowman out for season with torn Achilles Last season, the 49ers defense allowed 6,199 total yards to opposing offenses. This season, they are on pace to allow 6,240. Last season, they allowed 2,020 rushing yards to opponents. This season, they are on pace to allow 2,248. "I think it starts first with tackling," O'Neil said today when asked about how he plans to improve the team's run defense. "You know, we've got to do a better job and it's something that we did a great job of all through preseason and then the first game of the year. And then the last two games, we've missed more tackles which has been uncharacteristic of our defense. So we've got to emphasize the heck out of that in practice. Just how you finish every play. You gotta bend at the end. You gotta press at the hip. All the coaching points that we constantly give the guys. We've got to emphasize it even though we're not hitting in practice, you've got to finish every play that way. adLoad('pulsepoint','300x250','100513',false,728,true); "We did some things the past couple of weeks that were uncharacteristic of us technique-wise, especially up front where they were able to cut our defense in half. So we've got to make some improvements there. And then I can help the guys play calling-wise – when we've getting those fast zones – helping the guys get going in a certain area so we're not as vulnerable to getting cut backside and some other things. "So, it's something that we're spending time on. We did a lot of good things, but - See more at: http://www.************.com/news/98822-49ers-defense-pace-worse-last-season/#sthash.FZypKYSU.dpuf

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Not surprising but not good.
http://www.************.com/news/98822-49ers-defense-pace-worse-last-season/

49ers defense on pace to be worse than last season October 4, 2016 at 11:23 AM • comments By Site Staff Kyle Terada-USA TODAY Sports 115shares Share via SMS Share via Email Many questioned the hiring of Jim O'Neil as the San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator early during the offseason. However, an impressive Week 1 performance against the Los Angeles Rams put fans' minds at ease – for a week. Since giving up just 185 total yards to the Rams, the 49ers defense has given up an average of 458.3 yards per game over the past three weeks – all of which resulted in losses. The defensive performances over the past three games have put the O'Neil hiring back under scrutiny. Of course, it does not help that the 49ers offense has averaged just 292.8 total yards on offense (30th in the NFL) and just 70 total first downs through four games (27th in the NFL). The passing game ranks last in the league, so the 49ers offense is not doing the 49ers defense any favors. adLoad('pulsepoint','300x250','100513',false,728,true); Although, O'Neil's track record has not been the best. His defenses with the Cleveland Browns ranked 27th in 2015 and 23rd in 2014. They dropped from 8th to 22nd against the pass from 2014 to 2015. Against the run, they were 30th in 2015 and last in 2014. So, his resume was questionable at best. Still, O'Neil's 2015 defense ranked better than the 49ers' Eric Mangini led defense that same year. His defense even beat the 49ers during the 2015 season. This season, O'Neil's 49ers defense ranks 26th overall, 23rd in points allowed, and last against the run. What is really disturbing is the pace that the 49ers defense is on this season. It's about the same pace as last season's poor 49ers defense – worse in some areas. And now the 49ers defense will have to move forward without the best player and emotional leader, ILB NaVorro Bowman, who was lost for the season to a torn Achilles. RELATED 49ers' NaVorro Bowman out for season with torn Achilles Last season, the 49ers defense allowed 6,199 total yards to opposing offenses. This season, they are on pace to allow 6,240. Last season, they allowed 2,020 rushing yards to opponents. This season, they are on pace to allow 2,248. "I think it starts first with tackling," O'Neil said today when asked about how he plans to improve the team's run defense. "You know, we've got to do a better job and it's something that we did a great job of all through preseason and then the first game of the year. And then the last two games, we've missed more tackles which has been uncharacteristic of our defense. So we've got to emphasize the heck out of that in practice. Just how you finish every play. You gotta bend at the end. You gotta press at the hip. All the coaching points that we constantly give the guys. We've got to emphasize it even though we're not hitting in practice, you've got to finish every play that way. adLoad('pulsepoint','300x250','100513',false,728,true); "We did some things the past couple of weeks that were uncharacteristic of us technique-wise, especially up front where they were able to cut our defense in half. So we've got to make some improvements there. And then I can help the guys play calling-wise – when we've getting those fast zones – helping the guys get going in a certain area so we're not as vulnerable to getting cut backside and some other things. "So, it's something that we're spending time on. We did a lot of good things, but - See more at: http://www.************.com/news/98822-49ers-defense-pace-worse-last-season/#sthash.FZypKYSU.dpuf

This is the most disappointing part for me, the very leaky run defense. More disappointing than Gabbert's inconsistent passing.

Unfortunately, Ian Williams was lost early, but felt after a few games the line would 'hold'. After these last three games, the D-line looks bad. Not watching Purcell THAT much, but in the small sample size, he isn't holding the point.

Arik is not 100% and Buckner is dinged, looks like it'll get worse before it gets better.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most disappointing part for me, the very leaky run defense. More disappointing than Gabbert's inconsistent passing.

Unfortunately, Ian Williams was lost early, but felt after a few games the line would 'hold'. After these last three games, the D-line looks bad. Not watching Purcell THAT much, but in the small sample size, he isn't holding the point.

Arik is not 100% and Buckner is dinged, looks like it'll get worse before it gets better.

And we lost Bowman which is a huge blow

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who grew up rooting for the Niners (before Seattle/San Fran was a rivalry although it's a shell of itself now... the Harbaugh/Carroll Niners/Hawks rivalry was IMO the best I've ever witnessed first hand. Dal/Wash and Pitts/Cle, whatever. Guess I wasn't born yet.),

The problem is Yoork. That goof has done more to ruin the 49ers franchise so quickly than I've ever witnessed. Jim Harbaugh may have a 'my way or the highway' approach but he won games, and got to playoffs/Super Bowls. His final season they didn't make it but you could see it on his face he was mailing it in... almost a "Get me the F outta here."

Sadly, I don't see the 49ers returning to form in upcoming years BECAUSE of inept ownership. York is still young so maybe he'll remove the thing on his neck from his ass, but who knows.

Also, my condolences on Bowman. Man... 49ers can't catch a break. That said, hopefully 49ers can basically lose out and snag Kizer and second coming of Montana. Know that's a reach but would love to see the 9ers/Hawks re-kindle that rivalry. Cards fans are too nice and the Rams have like zero fans LOL.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As someone who grew up rooting for the Niners (before Seattle/San Fran was a rivalry although it's a shell of itself now... the Harbaugh/Carroll Niners/Hawks rivalry was IMO the best I've ever witnessed first hand. Dal/Wash and Pitts/Cle, whatever. Guess I wasn't born yet.),

The problem is Yoork. That goof has done more to ruin the 49ers franchise so quickly than I've ever witnessed. Jim Harbaugh may have a 'my way or the highway' approach but he won games, and got to playoffs/Super Bowls. His final season they didn't make it but you could see it on his face he was mailing it in... almost a "Get me the F outta here."

Sadly, I don't see the 49ers returning to form in upcoming years BECAUSE of inept ownership. York is still young so maybe he'll remove the thing on his neck from his ass, but who knows.

Also, my condolences on Bowman. Man... 49ers can't catch a break. That said, hopefully 49ers can basically lose out and snag Kizer and second coming of Montana. Know that's a reach but would love to see the 9ers/Hawks re-kindle that rivalry. Cards fans are too nice and the Rams have like zero fans LOL.

Yes, York is ultimately responsible for the team. His mother is really the owner of the team. According to reports, she is upset at the state of the team. At some point she is going to have to step in and that may take awhile. The team really needs someone higher up that is a football person. Right now, there is no one above Baalke that has that type of experience. Jed York is really in over his head when if comes to football related issues.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, York is ultimately responsible for the team. His mother is really the owner of the team. According to reports, she is upset at the state of the team. At some point she is going to have to step in and that may take awhile. The team really needs someone higher up that is a football person. Right now, there is no one above Baalke that has that type of experience. Jed York is really in over his head when if comes to football related issues.
All York cared about was the new stadium. He fooled us. He got the right coach and got the team together and Boom he destroyed it. He doesnt care about the team overall but he better start caring. Sad to see more Dallas fans then 49ers fans at the stadium. That never happen at the old stadium. The Fans dont trust Baalke or York at this point.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All York cared about was the new stadium. He fooled us. He got the right coach and got the team together and Boom he destroyed it. He doesnt care about the team overall but he better start caring. Sad to see more Dallas fans then 49ers fans at the stadium. That never happen at the old stadium. The Fans dont trust Baalke or York at this point.

Actually, Dallas fans took over Candlestick prior to Harbaugh taking over. I can't remember specifically when it was, but sometime around the Nolan/Singletary era I think. I think he cares, but is clueless about how to go about it and continues to make questionable decisions.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Actually, Dallas fans took over Candlestick prior to Harbaugh taking over. I can't remember specifically when it was, but sometime around the Nolan/Singletary era I think. I think he cares, but is clueless about how to go about it and continues to make questionable decisions.

didn't the opposite occur back in 2012, 49er fans took over Dallas Stadium?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Ok, i just looked and if anything it was the opening game of 2014. Believe 49er fans took over Dallas for that game?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, i just looked and if anything it was the opening game of 2014. Believe 49er fans took over Dallas for that game?

I can't remember when, but I do remember that happening. A big deal was made of it down in Dallas.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zero. he's got the worst roster in the league and his two best defensive players are out for the year.