• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hopefully we can turn that piss back into champagne. They have a lot of work in front of them to get here.

No doubt.

Prior to this season, was hoping the defense would be on the upswing. Really thought our D-line would be good after 3-4 games, but it turned out a major weakness. There were injuries on D but in any case, more draft capital has been going to D, so you'd expect a D on the rise.

We all knew the offense wouldn't be good, but we didn't think it would THIS bad?! Poor 2nd half performances is very telling on Kelly's offense.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly more than likely will not be fired but the person that hired him should. How Chip Kelly managed to talk his way into this job is amazing. He obvioulsy is a superb salesman but as an NFL head coach he is horrible. What he did to the Eagles should be able to tell you all you need to know about him. The Eagles had talent and went 10-6 his first two years. Then everything went to shit. He first would get rid of the Eagles best skill position players and he replacements did not make the grade.

Chip Kelly does not know how to use the talent he has on his team. Sure right now the Niners do not have a lot of talent but there is already enough evidence of how bad Kelly is. Demarco Murray is a stud RB who was an all pro before he came to Philly. He gets here and plays so bad you would tihnk he sucks. Then he gets traded to Tennessee and is the #2 rusher in the NFL. So you have to wonder what the problem was since it obviously was not the RB. It was not the Eagles O-Line either because while injury plagued this year as a whole the group is pretty good. I recall a game last year against the Cowboys where Bradford lined up under center for the entire first drive. They kept feeding the ball to Murray and he ran it down their throats and we scored easily on that drive. He never did it again for the rest of the game. Went back to shit that did not work.

Kelly's offense is predictable and there is now plenty of film on it. He repeatedly runs the same plays but with different formations. Eventually defenses were catcihng up. This is the NFL not there NCAA where most teams only have a few decent players.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly more than likely will not be fired but the person that hired him should. How Chip Kelly managed to talk his way into this job is amazing. He obvioulsy is a superb salesman but as an NFL head coach he is horrible. What he did to the Eagles should be able to tell you all you need to know about him. The Eagles had talent and went 10-6 his first two years. Then everything went to shit. He first would get rid of the Eagles best skill position players and he replacements did not make the grade.

Chip Kelly does not know how to use the talent he has on his team. Sure right now the Niners do not have a lot of talent but there is already enough evidence of how bad Kelly is. Demarco Murray is a stud RB who was an all pro before he came to Philly. He gets here and plays so bad you would tihnk he sucks. Then he gets traded to Tennessee and is the #2 rusher in the NFL. So you have to wonder what the problem was since it obviously was not the RB. It was not the Eagles O-Line either because while injury plagued this year as a whole the group is pretty good. I recall a game last year against the Cowboys where Bradford lined up under center for the entire first drive. They kept feeding the ball to Murray and he ran it down their throats and we scored easily on that drive. He never did it again for the rest of the game. Went back to shit that did not work.

Kelly's offense is predictable and there is now plenty of film on it. He repeatedly runs the same plays but with different formations. Eventually defenses were catcihng up. This is the NFL not there NCAA where most teams only have a few decent players.

The 49ers had limited choices. It was between Kelly and Mike Shanahan. I wanted Shanahan, but oh well. Chip got the job in large part because of Tom Gamble. And I am sure you are aware of the relationship between the two. Kelly doesn't have personnel control here and he can't do what he did in Philly in that respect. The run offense has been so so. The roster here now is in bad shape particularly at the skill position level. In reviewing film, the coaches are often getting people open, but the QB is not getting the ball to him. There have been issues with both Kaepernick and Gabbert. I don't know about repetitive plays, but I do know that Kelly has pretty much abandoned the high tempo offense he ran in Oregon and I believe continued in Philly.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

When even a couch potato like me notices this, something is definitely wrong? To me it is easily seen on the running plays, no variation, no counters. Can't say the same in the passing game, as already noted, difficult to judge Kelly when the QB is so bad.

Not being able to score in the 2nd halves, is telling. It has happened way too many times, and it is now a trend. This suggest he doesn't adjust during games, and remains predictable. To some extent, i get the repetition makes better execution theory. But yeah, this is the NFL where every single little detail is scrutinized.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole 'the league has figured us out' thing takes a backburner to the reports that players are somewhat jovial at this point and just going through the motions, which I find troubling. I figured something was up when they showed a TV featuring a couple of Niner DB's playing Madden to see who was 'king.' I'm thinkin'.....dafuq?

You're in the midst of a losing streak, playing like garbage....I want to hear these guys are pissed to be in the situation, a la Frank Gore when the Niners were trash at the beginning of his career. Gore is STILL upset at the state of the 49ers - that tells me all I need to know about the type of player and guy he is. I want to hear these current Niner guys spending more time trying to improve and be examples as guys who can take us out of the cellar.

Maybe they think they're improving while playing Madden?

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being able to score in the 2nd halves, is telling. It has happened way too many times, and it is now a trend. This suggest he doesn't adjust during games, and remains predictable. To some extent, i get the repetition makes better execution theory. But yeah, this is the NFL where every single little detail is scrutinized.

!00% accurate on this point. It was something we noticed as well. Then you add in the fact that the defense is always on the field they wear down late in games.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When even a couch potato like me notices this, something is definitely wrong? To me it is easily seen on the running plays, no variation, no counters. Can't say the same in the passing game, as already noted, difficult to judge Kelly when the QB is so bad.

This is a trend going back to even when Harbaugh was the HC. It was a big problem in 2014. The difference then was we had a top #5 defense