• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Odds of Chip being fired?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But, you don't want the hot young name either. Look at Washington, Miami, and New York.

I understand that. But I want someone young enough that can stick around long enough to see things through. We are going to have to go through a multi year rebuilding process and I would prefer someone in their 50s and not their 70s.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that. But I want someone young enough that can stick around long enough to see things through. We are going to have to go through a multi year rebuilding process and I would prefer someone in their 50s and not their 70s.

Trust me.....I understand. But, these flashy names of the moment don't always cut it. Big difference between being an OC or DC and the main man.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Honestly, age doesn't concern me that much, shannahan or holgrem could be our tom coughlin. I just want a coach that understands the relationship between defense and offense. We will never get a quality dc with kelly because the offense constantly puts the defense in disadvantage positions. Your defensive players are worn down to nothing by the end of the season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me.....I understand. But, these flashy names of the moment don't always cut it. Big difference between being an OC or DC and the main man.

Oh I understand that. I've been watching football since the late 1970's. I have seen many hot OC and DC's fail as HCs because some of these coaches don't have the unique skills to become successful head coaches. Norv Turner is a coach that always comes to mind. He has been a really good OC over the years, but always an underachieving HC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, age doesn't concern me that much, shannahan or holgrem could be our tom coughlin. I just want a coach that understands the relationship between defense and offense. We will never get a quality dc with kelly because the offense constantly puts the defense in disadvantage positions. Your defensive players are worn down to nothing by the end of the season.

Age wouldn't be as much of an issue to me if I felt this team was closer to competing. I just think by the time it is, holmgren would be through assuming he has anything left. It has been reported that Kelly wanted someone else at DC but the FO overruled him. Again, the way Kelly used play offense might have put the defense at a disadvantage but at least up till now I don't think that is the case. I think right now it is more about execution and the lack of talent more than anything Kelly is doing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the coaches are scheming players open but your quarterbacks can't get the ball to the receivers, it speaks to the lack of talent on the roster. Had we had even a decent QB all season that would could have just made a few decent down the field throws, the offensive output would look different.
Yeah I do think if we played Kap from the start we would have another 1 or 2 wins but nothing special. best Case was 8-8 and now maybe 3-13.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of those Coaches were garbage anyways. They havent done anything in a Long time. It would of been a bad move and they wouldnt be able to connect with the players in today NFL.
The problem isnt Kelly right now its Talent. Players like Kelly a lot. There hasnt been 1 negative yet towards Kelly.

elw4corps

Go Green, Go White
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of those Coaches were garbage anyways. They havent done anything in a Long time. It would of been a bad move and they wouldnt be able to connect with the players in today NFL.
The problem isnt Kelly right now its Talent. Players like Kelly a lot. There hasnt been 1 negative yet towards Kelly.

Players liked tomsula as well but the truth is that his system does not work on this level. I mean next year we are going to be bad and our defense will never be dominate with his style of play. We do lack talent and that is blatantly apparent before the season begun but i don't believe his system uses the talent we do have to the best of it's ability.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Players liked tomsula as well but the truth is that his system does not work on this level. I mean next year we are going to be bad and our defense will never be dominate with his style of play. We do lack talent and that is blatantly apparent before the season begun but i don't believe his system uses the talent we do have to the best of it's ability.
Yeah but Tomsula wasnt a HC type of person. Kelly has been a HC for a long time. He has had success in college and NFL. Yes he has fallen a little and Im not saying he is a great coach or anything like that but he isnt as bad as people think.

I guess we will find out.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would let chip finish out this year and then i would bring in holmgren or shanahan to coach this team. We need someone to instill a strong foundation and instill a level of discipline that is clearly missing. Plus, with the cultural connection that both those coaches have with the niners would actually excuse the york's regularly hitting us over the head with nostalgia. Fire baalke, move up gamble and allow them to build their offense with a new qb.

Forget about Walrus or Shanarat....both guys I believe openly said they wanted the position, and neither were considered. It's probably one of the only things York did correct and the truth is they are part of the past...but distant pass. Same with George Siefert.....why not give him a call?

The only thing they'd offer is the 'legacy' angle but that wears off really quick if you don't have the talent. Bill Walsh took over a 2-14 team......and went 2-14 in his first year. Kelly needs at least a couple of years to see if he can start steering the team off the rocks and in a positive general direction before we start throwing him overboard.

I wasn't particularly fond of the Kelly hire...it is what it is...and if there was a Shanahan to get, it would've been Kyle. At this point, this team will never get a 'legacy' coach. It needs a bright, young mind with help from a solid talent evaluator.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Forget about Walrus or Shanarat....both guys I believe openly said they wanted the position, and neither were considered. It's probably one of the only things York did correct and the truth is they are part of the past...but distant pass. Same with George Siefert.....why not give him a call?

The only thing they'd offer is the 'legacy' angle but that wears off really quick if you don't have the talent. Bill Walsh took over a 2-14 team......and went 2-14 in his first year. Kelly needs at least a couple of years to see if he can start steering the team off the rocks and in a positive general direction before we start throwing him overboard.

I wasn't particularly fond of the Kelly hire...it is what it is...and if there was a Shanahan to get, it would've been Kyle. At this point, this team will never get a 'legacy' coach. It needs a bright, young mind with help from a solid talent evaluator.

Yeah, will agree these guys are TOO old so given the choice, prefer a younger guy even without the "name recognition".

Although i question Kelly's run game adjustments, give him at least another year. Odds are high we'll draft a quality QB and Kelly needs an opportunity with a consistent passer. Granted even another year won't be enough for a rookie QB, so we'll be looking for flashes of improvement.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah I do think if we played Kap from the start we would have another 1 or 2 wins but nothing special. best Case was 8-8 and now maybe 3-13.

disagree and the main reason is.......the defense has been pretty bad.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This was his failure in Philadelphia.

When things don't work, he makes them even simpler. And it's not even necessarily what's the best fit for the talent he has on hand, it's "these are the five plays I want to run and I'm going to keep running them".

Yep, this seemed like the case and i started posting on it from game 3. There needs to be counter plays or the defense just lines up for these plays. when the defense has a good idea of whats coming, even "2nd tier" defenders can stop it.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, will agree these guys are TOO old so given the choice, prefer a younger guy even without the "name recognition".

Although i question Kelly's run game adjustments, give him at least another year. Odds are high we'll draft a quality QB and Kelly needs an opportunity with a consistent passer. Granted even another year won't be enough for a rookie QB, so we'll be looking for flashes of improvement.

IMO, this year shouldn't even count against Kelly unless he does something insanely stupid....or he was truly onboard with any of the QB's that were on the roster at the time. He needs a clean slate with a guy he prefers, and then give him a couple of years to see where we go. He needs to have time with a GM that actually gives him some pieces to work with - which leads to the guy who I simply can't see as being part of this franchise this time next year - Trent Baalke.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't show signs of improvement I could see Kelly wanting to go back to college with a number of college teams needing a head coach. I could totally seeing him want out of the NFL.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they don't show signs of improvement I could see Kelly wanting to go back to college with a number of college teams needing a head coach. I could totally seeing him want out of the NFL.

If that's the case...good. College is for the cowards if that's the case and I'd rather him be gone ASAP.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that's the case...good. College is for the cowards if that's the case and I'd rather him be gone ASAP.

I don't necessarily think college is for "cowards." I think it's more fitting to some HC's strengths.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't necessarily think college is for "cowards." I think it's more fitting to some HC's strengths.

It most certainly is for cowards given how Kelly escaped college for the confines of the NFL. If he doesn't want to be part of the Niners, then I most certainly want no part of him. Go back to your little kiddie level where you can be supreme.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

i agree, what does 'coward' have to do with being a HC at a certain level?

Any HC at the college level still has his many challenges. Some are different challenges such as recruiting, which can be argued is harder than being the NFL.

Some HC's are just good for the high school teams too. So if a college coach decides he wants to coach HS, doesn't mean he's a coward?!

Reactions: DJ